Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Surely Ole would know if Haaland is here for talks or not? Unless the people above him haven't told him he's coming for talks? Wouldn't surprise me.
He doesn't have to be honest though, does he. He's not sworn to tell the truth.

I want to believe Ole's playing the media and Haaland is on his way to sign.

I am on the transfer train and I'm not getting off until it crashes.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Erling is travelling today on a plane
I can see that he still might be, heading for Spaaaaaa-ain oh and...
I can see Erling waving goodbye
God it looks like Erling, must think United are still shiii-te

Paul778

Can't quite get excited by this. Not the player we need in my mind.
I would just like a player who looks like he can be arsed put the effort in as a no9 - making the runs and being a thread from crosses and all the dozens of other things you expect from a main striker representing Man Utd. If you look at Martial and compare him to all of our main no9s for the past 30 years, where would you place him? If it isn't anywhere other than dead last, I'd like to know who you think is worse.

Haaland can be primary no9 and Martial can rotate with the others, or like someone else said, feck it - play 4-4-2 for shits and giggles.

Lemansky

Can any Norwegians confirm it's pretty common to connect out from Manchester in particular?
Said with a cheeky smile . You can fly anywhere from Stavanger. The connecting flights is surely Oslo. He is coming here.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Ole was clearly not denying that he's flown from Stavanger to Manchester. I think he means it's a small airport and you can't fly 'anywhere' as you can from a bigger airport such as manchester, so his destinations are limited.

It's clearly happening though

tenpoless

He doesn't have to be honest though, does he. He's not sworn to tell the truth.

I want to believe Ole's playing the media and Haaland is on his way to sign.

I am on the transfer train and I'm not getting off until it crashes.
Still going to happen eventually, doesn't matter if Ole lied or not :wenger:

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
In fairness it is Christmas and he is from Leeds..

JohnnyKills

You wonder whether all the Dortmund stuff was Raiola's attempt to squeeze United for more money.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Long chat about Haaland by Macari, Ole hopeful of a signing on MUTV. This is done.

Holters

Can any Norwegians confirm it's pretty common to connect out from Manchester in particular?
It's not common. You connect through the big hubs like Frankfurt, Heathrow, Paris-Charles De Gaulle, Copenhagen, etc. I don't believe I have ever connected through Manchester.

What is a "business holiday" anyway. Counter-intuitive. :lol:

Lemansky

That's what I think, too. But you never know. Gotta cover all these bases.
Christmas holiday :lol:
All reports in Norway has said that a decision was imminent. Now it’s obviously made. He ain’t coming here to visit or training ground to have a chat.

SteveW

Either he's keeping his cards very close to his chest or it's not looking good for signings this January. Definitely didn't give much encouragement.

Berbalicious

Well, the normal route from Stavanger to the world is via Amsterdam, Oslo or Copenhagen. Sometimes London. I've travelled the world from Stavanger (it is my local airport), and I've never had a connection in Manchester, and to be frank never heard of anybody else who have either..

El Zoido

Well we need a striker, someone who can score goals. However, I know what you mean as we are more desperate for midfielders. Hopefully Ole addresses that also
It’s a matter of availability really. Can’t just buy any player you want, many factors need to align for it to make sense. We’ll be better off long term by not buying over panic buying.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Just five minutes ago, it was live. The reaction to the Managers press conference, (first instalment). Basically they (Garner and Macari) said it should be called the Pogba and Haaland conference, as they were the dominant topic rather than the match. They talked about Haaland at length - as someone else says, would never happen unless the deal is more or less done.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
No Manchester is not a big connection airport AFAIK. Flights to for example the US are often connecting via Iceland, Amsterdam, Frankfurt or Brussels. The only people i can think of who takes a plane to Manchester, who is not going to Manchester, are people who go to Liverpool :nervous:

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
If he’s coming on a plane that stops in Manchester he’s surely having talks? Ole isn’t obviously going to say he’s having talks though is he?

Status
Not open for further replies.