Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasolin

Just because he knows the guy personally doesn't mean anything. He might not fancy where we are right now, he isn't going to suddenly develop a fetish for top 4 battles just because his old boss came calling.
Come on, it's top 4 battle now, but we need the right players to go and win the league and other European titles and he's part of the solution. I am sure something can be pitched. I don't think it's such a big deal. City and even Liverpool got good players, sometimes big players, even though some of them ended there by mistake (Robinho, looking at you) despite being s*** in the league, that's not a big deal. But a real connection to the manager? That could be the extra bonus a player sometimes needs, hence my disappointment.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I don't believe the Juve rumours at all, but if it does turn out to be true then the Haalands are crazy.

I thought they wanted a club he could develop at? He's going to sit on the bench behind Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuaín plus whoever else they sign.

Atleast with Leipzig or Dortmund it made more sense. Very odd decision for his career IMO.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Come on, it's top 4 battle now, but we need the right players to go and win the league and other European titles and he's part of the solution. I am sure something can be pitched. I don't think it's such a big deal. City and even Liverpool got good players, sometimes big players, even though some of them ended there by mistake (Robinho, looking at you) despite being s*** in the league, that's not a big deal. But a real connection to the manager? That could be the extra bonus a player sometimes needs, hence my disappointment.
It could well be, but I wouldn't necessarily expect us to be favourites. Time will tell I guess.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I don't believe the Juve rumours at all, but if it does turn out to be true then the Haalands are crazy.

I thought they wanted a club he could develop at? He's going to sit on the bench behind Ronaldo, Dybala, Higuaín plus whoever else they sign.

Atleast with Leipzig or Dortmund it made more sense. Very odd decision for his career IMO.
Depends... The deal could be to loan him back to saltzberg for the rest of this season for example
Higuians contract is up in 2021 and Ronaldo will be 36 by then
So I could certainly see him getting a lot of games next season and learning off Ronaldo might not be terrible for his development as well?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Depends... The deal could be to loan him back to saltzberg for the rest of this season for example
Higuians contract is up in 2021 and Ronaldo will be 36 by then
So I could certainly see him getting a lot of games next season and learning off Ronaldo might not be terrible for his development as well?
Not sure he'd learn much from Ronaldo apart from how to be a professional or timing runs, they play very differently.

Anyway we shall see, I'm sure he will have been given reassurances wherever he joins. I guess being Bias I would always feel our club is the best place for him.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
If he doesn't want to come here - let's not cry about it shall we?

Ole clearly took a flight to try his best.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22

I wouldn't give Ole any shit over this, and nor should anyone really. He was well placed do do most of the leg work himself, and if Haaland wanted to be here, he would/will be.

Infestissumam

no news at all here in Austria, mind you. It's all gone quiet with Christmas and all that.

Those Juve rumours all come from shite Italian sources, so no need to panic here. Let's all just wait and see.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Mino and Haaland have made a good decision. We may yet see him at Old Trafford one day but for now he can win titles, play with Cristiano Ronaldo, and develop as a player in an easier league. I’m happy we can continue to give Greenwood and James the minutes this season and generally pretty happy with the options up top. No hiding the disappointment we have missed out but hopefully the club has some other targets in mind which can improve us creatively.

dev1l

Agreed. I prefer someone who really wants to play for us, not to mention that I would avoid Raiola too. The fat cnut is always looking to move on his clients so that he earns more commission.
When you re building a team, the last thing you need is a player who you cannot bank on.his commitment

Ricardo de la Vega

Not really up to him. Up to Mino Raiola. Football agents these days are a very awful breed of parasites which convince their charges to go basically wherever they want, when they want, depending on whats best for the agent, not the player. Raiola manufactures transfers for his players. Its what he does. He gets a huge pay-off from it whenever he does so, and is pissed off with United for not allowing him to play his game with Pogba so far. Because of this, he convinces Erling to go elsewhere - likely to Juve with whom he's got a good working relationship (i.e. they line his pockets more readily than us).

peridigm

Not really up to him. Up to Mino Raiola. Football agents these days are a very awful breed of parasites which convince their charges to go basically wherever they want, when they want, depending on whats best for the agent, not the player. Raiola manufactures transfers for his players. Its what he does. He gets a huge pay-off from it whenever he does so, and is pissed off with United for not allowing him to play his game with Pogba so far. Because of this, he convinces Erling to go elsewhere - likely to Juve with whom he's got a good working relationship (i.e. they line his pockets more readily than us).
If he was Juve bound Dimarzio would be all over it. These rumors from Tuttosport are several days old. As close as Ole is to this family and his friends, Raiola advising Haaland is a far cry from Raiola forcing Haaland. If anything it’s just BS made up for clicks as there are no other news worthy stories with the window just days away. It’s the obvious story.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Juve doesn't make a lot of sense to me given they sold a 19 year old striker from their own academy just 4 months ago

That being said De Ligt didn't make much sense to me in the summer either but they still went ahead and did it so maybe they're beginning to build for the future?

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Why are you guys panicing over some shitty Italian sources? Just hold your horses until DiMarzio or Fabrizio says something.

MikeKing

Supports
Bournemouth
Don't worry. Apparently Ole could have forced him to choose United
It is the stupid Ole mantra "we will only sign young handsome british players" He actually tried to force this kid into giving up his nationality to play for England, just so he could play for United. You see.

Haaland, the son, is actually born in Leeds, in the same hospital his father lived in for many years, after getting his knee tore off by Roy Keane's dad during a baseball match. SAF worked at this hospital as a caretaker, where he first met and grew fond of a man named Carmine Raiola, a priest working to bridge the gap between the injured fathers and abandoned sons inside of the same hospital. I will cut this story short, but it all ended with a falling out between SAF and Raiola where a shoe were being thrown from one side of the hospital room where the fathers were, over to the other side where the kids were and yeah, it ended badly. Saying that to say this, Haaland would never in a million years play for United, not with all of that still going on.

Adnan

Talent Spotter

The Juve rumours are coming from the very unreliable Tuttosport and CDS. The amount of shit both outlets have thrown at the wall over the years with little success has been quite incredible. He might go to Juve but I wouldn't pay much attention to the two awful outlets I mentioned above.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Juventus shouldn’t be a surprise given their history of funding Raiola’s fat face, like with Pogba’s initial move there. I’d make them likelier than us on that basis alone - Riola’s clients really like to make sure he gets his pay day throughout their careers; no real reason Haaland should be any different.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Let him join Juve. What's the issue?

If he comes here, he will just be another player that needs time to be developed, if we want to develop a striker why not looking at what we have right now Martial & Greenwood. I'll welcome him to the club but honestly, Haland is just not a type of signing that will give us a lift and also upgrade our XI. We need to worry with our no 10 & right winger first before thinking about replacing Martial. Who knows, there will be another new talented striker show up again next year.

Beside, his agent is Raiola. Definitely someone that we should avoid if negotiation becomes too complicated, and with so many clubs seem to be interested to sign him, I can see this transfer will be one of those type transfer which he will try to get as much money as he can from the club.

RedDevilRoshi

The Juve rumours are coming from the very unreliable Tuttosport and CDS. The amount of shit both outlets have thrown at the wall over the years with little success has been quite incredible. He might go to Juve but I wouldn't pay much attention to the two awful outlets I mentioned above.
Yep.

Don't know why so many people on here are getting their knickers in a twist?

If it was reputable journos that have close links with Juve like DiMarzio or Fabrizio, then it’s a different story and looks as good as done. Neither have said a word about this.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
It is the stupid Ole mantra "we will only sign young handsome british players" He actually tried to force this kid into giving up his nationality to play for England, just so he could play for United. You see.

Haaland, the son, is actually born in Leeds, in the same hospital his father lived in for many years, after getting his knee tore off by Roy Keane's dad during a baseball match. SAF worked at this hospital as a caretaker, where he first met and grew fond of a man named Carmine Raiola, a priest working to bridge the gap between the injured fathers and abandoned sons inside of the same hospital. I will cut this story short, but it all ended with a falling out between SAF and Raiola where a shoe were being thrown from one side of the hospital room where the fathers were, over to the other side where the kids were and yeah, it ended badly. Saying that to say this, Haaland would never in a million years play for United, not with all of that still going on.
Wow. This is the beauty of the Internet. There was so much backstory we didn't know ... until now.

It all makes sense now.

Fecking Ole OUT. He should have been at the hospital. No good enough. Useless cnut.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Wow. This is the beauty of the Internet. There was so much backstory we didn't know ... until now.

It all makes sense now.

Fecking Ole OUT. He should have been at the hospital. No good enough. Useless cnut.
He forgot the part where Keane and SAF then went on to smuggle hundreds of Jews from the clutches of the Nazis.
Haaland’s dad tried to airbrush this from history but fortunately Spielberg made the award winning film ‘ Sugarland Express,’ about the whole saga. Goldie Hawn acts as Haaland

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
He forgot the part where Keane and SAF then went on to smuggle hundreds of Jews from the clutches of the Nazis.
Haaland’s dad tried to airbrush this from history but fortunately Spielberg made the award winning film ‘ Sugarland Express,’ about the whole saga. Goldie Hawn acts as Haaland
Jesus. To think he was just a simple 19y.o kid.

You just never know about people is the lessons learnt today. All that judging the cover etc.

Litch

For me it's simply about the player and one that wants to play for the club. If that's the case, then things like money and prestige naturally will follow at Utd. If it's about winning things, for me it's what is going to be the players contribution to that as for many, yes the sign for Barca but their passport to success is via Messi et al. If he'd rather that at Juve via Ronaldo, then you aren't what we need to take us forward.

Josep Dowling

Mino and Haaland have made a good decision. We may yet see him at Old Trafford one day but for now he can win titles, play with Cristiano Ronaldo, and develop as a player in an easier league. I’m happy we can continue to give Greenwood and James the minutes this season and generally pretty happy with the options up top. No hiding the disappointment we have missed out but hopefully the club has some other targets in mind which can improve us creatively.
Yes well done taking a player who would be very cheap now, sit on the bench for a couple of years and then likely cost triple what we could of paid now.

Him moving to Juventus doesn’t make any sense at all. They have a whole stock pile of talent not being used.

Amethystxx

As far as, i'm being united fan (>30 years), we never attractive to top class striker.

Do you remember the year 1998 we linked with Batistuta, Kluivert, Salas, Zamorano and then we end up with urhhh villa's striker Dwight Yorke.

Do you remember we're looking for Shearer and boom he goes to Newcastle. while we still got Solskjaer.

we never attractive to a Top-class striker, but we build them.

I believed in Greenwood.

NoneBmStore

As far as, i'm being united fan (>30 years), we never attractive to top class striker.

Do you remember the year 1998 we linked with Batistuta, Kluivert, Salas, Zamorano and then we end up with urhhh villa's striker Dwight Yorke.

Do you remember we're looking for Shearer and boom he goes to Newcastle. while we still got Solskjaer.

I believed in Greenwood.
But Robin Van Persie, Falcao, Rooney, Van Nistelrooy?

peridigm

Let's sum up what we've seen reported via twitter.

He's a massive Leeds fan.
Ole gave him his break into the first team at Molde hence United is interested.
Roy Keene damn near killed his dad back in the day.
Raiola is not his agent but is an advisor.
Has a low release clause somewhere in the €25m range.
Linked to BvB.
Linked to RB Leipzig due to same owners for both RB clubs. Jesse Marsch states RB Leipzig would be perfect fit.
Ole flies to Norway along with Woodward to meet with the family.
Ole states he knows what Haaland is going to do and Haaland knows what he is going to do.
Romano tweets 4 bids submitted from United, BvB, RB Leipzig, and Juve. He's going to decide soon along with family and Raiola.
United linked with €75m bid and £8m per year wages.
He wants to play, ie be a starter. Asks for assurances from Woodward that Ole will have a job beyond next week.
Haaland signs United shirt at charity event then digs up old pictures of him appearing to sign other shirts to cover up something, or nothing.
Gets on a plane to Manchester but winds up in Copenhagen.
All goes quiet over Christmas.
Tuttosport report Juve bid of €30m and he's set to snub United.
Haaland decides he won't be joining RB Leipzig.

What did I miss? Oh, the Caf loosing their shit because the above must all be true.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag

I believed in Greenwood.
Uh... Dwight Yorke was one of the best players in the league.

Asger

If he was likely to join us, wouldn’t been done by now? Or is Liverpool only allowed to finish transfer while the window is closed? From same team as well.

peridigm

If he was likely to join us, wouldn’t been done by now? Or is Liverpool only allowed to finish transfer while the window is closed? From same team as well.
Judge and Woodward are the negotiators. What do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.