Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
He follows our twitter account, its done and dusted.

Seriously he does not follow any other team than us and Salzburg.

Nick7

Actually...

He's rapid. Like seriously fast.
How is his acceleration? Smalling is very fast for example, but it takes him an age to get up to speed. James has lightning quick acceleration.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
DDG
AWB - Maguire - Tuanzebe
McTominay
Sancho - Ødegaard - Pogba - James
Haaland - Tony/Rash​

This is all we need to potentially challenge for the league.

RedDevilRoshi

DDG
AWB - Maguire - Tuanzebe
McTominay
Sancho - Ødegaard - Pogba - James
Haaland - Tony/Rash​

This is all we need to potentially challenge for the league.

I think Pogba will be gone next summer.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
? And

For me see how he goes over the full course of the season. But Ole knows him very well, so I’d guess he’ll know his value.
Im only joking around.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
It's just that Norway rarely produce quality footballers and now we have Ødegård and possibly Haaland.

It's going to come crashing down.
Berge is decently rated too.

Not true. He also follows Molde, Lillestrøm, Viking and Bryne.
There are obvious connections to those clubs. United is a bit random considering he's a Leeds fan and his family history, unless it is because Ole's manager now and he wants to keep up with how he's doing?

prateik

So.. pretty close to Lukaku money.. replacing Lukaku with him..

Instant upgrade? Betting on potential? No clue?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
He follows our twitter account, its done and dusted.

Seriously he does not follow any other team than us and Salzburg.
He's probably following us for Solskjaer.

Smores

I've seen him play once and he did look decent but I'm really not sure now is the time to invest in further potential. Our front line is already 3 youngsters.

Still i won't moan if we do sign him as we're clearly desperate for more options.

andersj

Nick Powell Expert
Like a few others I'm a bit vary of his overall game and technique. He do, at times, look a bit "clumsy". Not at a Lukaku-level, and probably mostly due to his frame but it is still something that might be a worry when one spend €60 mill + on a striker.

What I really like about him, and probably more than anything about him, is his ability to find space in the box. Solskjaer has been pleading for more "simple goals and tap-ins". This guy will get you that. And I'm not sure that is an ability he will ever lose. Of course, finding space and time in the box is different in Austria and Norway compared to in England. That being said, he did it against both Liverpool and Napoli. Against defenders like Koulibaly and van Dijk. His attitude and mentality is great too.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I know Ole is a legend in Norway, but would that really hold a lot of swaying power for a 19 year old? He would’ve been 7 when Ole retired, and definitely too young to have watched him in his prime.

Samid

I know Ole is a legend in Norway, but would that really hold a lot of swaying power for a 19 year old? He would’ve been 7 when Ole retired, and definitely too young to have watched him in his prime.
Ole gave him his breakthrough at Molde when he was 17. At the time there were four other far more experienced strikers at the club and most managers would have been reluctant to put so much trust in a kid. He sees Ole as a father figure.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Ole gave him his breakthrough at Molde when he was 17. At the time there were four other far more experienced strikers at the club and most managers would have been reluctant to put so much trust in a kid. He sees Ole as a father figure.
Ahh right, didn’t know they had history. It goes beyond him simply being Norwegian then :lol:

Thanks for that.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
How many games have you seen him play?
Not many, he is still very young.

But he is one of hottest young forward in Europe this season, scoring hattrick in CL, 9 goals in a u20 match, and 21 goals for his club so far this season. Its really impressive for a 19 year old, and 60m seems worthy/affordable for a gamble.

romufc

Not many, he is still very young.

But he is one of hottest young forward in Europe this season, scoring hattrick in CL, 9 goals in a u20 match, and 21 goals for his club so far this season. Its really impressive for a 19 year old, and 60m seems worthy/affordable for a gamble.
I feel he may be a risk? Jovic had a great season last and is struggling at Real.

Personally, I would like to see how Martial fairs and add depth rather than another 19 year old to the line up.

The money would be better spent on a RW and a backup experienced striker.

ManRed

I feel he may be a risk? Jovic had a great season last and is struggling at Real.

Personally, I would like to see how Martial fairs and add depth rather than another 19 year old to the line up.

This. He is not the right profile of a striker we should be adding. We have Greenwood as a youngster who is coming up in the ranks. I rather add a experienced 24-27 year old to this team if for the long term. Or a Giroud / Mandzukic type of signing for the short term.

mav_9me

Yeah, but even still, 60m is a big gamble on a guy with 23 senior goals and 9 goals against Honduras’ u21 team to his name.

I get that, but I just think the sample size is too small to pay 60m.
That's how you have to buy or you'll end up paying 100-110 in another year which we most definitely cannot with all our other holes. You have to take these kind of calculated gambles/risks. We can't just plan on paying 80-120 for top players.

Handré1990

It's just that Norway rarely produce quality footballers and now we have Ødegård and possibly Haaland.

It's going to come crashing down.
I understand the impulse, and I said a the start with Ole I hope he doesn’t sign anyone from here. I’ve been able to watch a lot of Haaland this autumn though, and he is the real deal. No caveats.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

Strange how so many people are so sure about a kid playing in the Austrian league

I didn't even know Austria even had a semi competitive league
I have closely followed the Austrian league during my youth. There have been some moments like Rapid Vienna reaching the EL final in 96 but overall the quality was underwhelming so I focused more on international football (and mainly Manchester United of course).

Although local fans of other clubs dismissed Mateschitz and his plastic sports teams he has built something with one of the best scouting systems in place and a clear vision of quality.
Today RB Salzburg play in their own league - even more so than Bayern Munich or PSG.
I for one believe that Haaland will go on to become the hottest young prospect with his price tag soon increasing over 100 Mio.
We should take our chance here as he knows and trusts Ole. No way he would otherwise prefer us over any other top club right now.
Of course there is still a chance that he ends up in mediocrity but such a risk needs to be taken.

Henrik Larsson

Still logged in at RAWK (help!)
We signed Martial for a massive fee when he had like 15 goals at senior level and an assist to Dimitar Berbatov in some Arsenal - Monaco game.

He hasn't even been a tremendous success but all things considered I'd say that's still one of the more sensible pieces of business we've done. So yeah 60 million doesn't even sound too bad at this point, ideally it would be 40-45 with add ons up to 60.

Really like this player.

romufc

This. He is not the right profile of a striker we should be adding. We have Greenwood as a youngster who is coming up in the ranks. I rather add a experienced 24-27 year old to this team if for the long term. Or a Giroud / Mandzukic type of signing for the short term.
We tried this with Sanchez, got another LW in and it only put Martial and Rashford's progress back by a few years.

If Martial performs up top then no need to sign anyone because Greenwood can be integrated. If we sign a experienced striker who can help in cup games and a few league games then even better.

We already need to spend money on RW, 2 CM's minimum and our history is 2/3 transfers per season

Samid

Haaland is not the right profile of striker we need but Mandzukic and Giroud are. How are these jokers getting promoted?

Schneckerl

I followed Haaland pretty closely and in my view, this is a deal the club should definitely take in the current situation. It's worth the risk if you consider Erling's potential and upside - need to get those gems early.

GBBQ

Exactly. We need to bring in a striker in January who has the potential to get 10-15 goals for the rest of the season if we want to push back into the CL positions. Ole's win percentage with and without Martial shows our lack of depth. Haaland could eventually be world class but might not settle into the team until he has a pre-season under his belt.

We have enough potential in Rashford, Martial and Greenwood but we need someone with a proven record of consistent seasons to get us through this season.

Handré1990

Which transfer is without risk? This is a risk we definitely should take. I’ve seen him plenty by the way, the first game I saw he scored 4 for Molde vs Brann, who at the time hadn’t lost a game through the first half of the season and was on course for the record for the least goals against. He scored a hattrick within 15 mins and scored a penalty for his fourth. He was 17 at the time.

Rajma

I’m sorry but you can’t just have one foot as a striker and number 9 at the top club, especially in EPL. He doesn’t leave opponents guessing and would be figured by the defenders pretty quickly around here imo as he always turns to his left with his back to the goal in this video. You can have a preference but not to this extent and not a single quality finish with his right foot is rather concerning. We would be mad to pay 60m for this very young lad at this stage.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
Exactly. We need to bring in a striker in January who has the potential to get 10-15 goals for the rest of the season if we want to push back into the CL positions.
Who is this forward who will score 10-15 goals from January until the end of the season who is capable of joining in January for a reasonable fee? Because thats not Giroud or Mandzukic, either of them would add 5 goals tops.

Add Haaland in the summer for 60 mil, its a no brainer for me. The top 4 might still be too far away even if we added a seasoned striker in winter transfer window.

Status
Not open for further replies.