Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

AFC NimbleThumb

If Ole can't get this done, why do we even need him anymore?
Hold on. He’s won 2 games on the spin which signifies a Fergie like turnaround in his early days [or something like that]; him being/having been incompetent in the transfer market has to be attributed solely to Woodward - he only gets credit for selling dross not criticism for the fact most of his ‘targets’ don’t seemingly want to play for him.

jamesjimmybyrondean

Haaland targeting Dortmund should be a wake up call for people saying competition is necessary in a club. No good player wants to be on the bench especially when they know they are performing which is the case of both Martial and Haaland right now

ArjenIsM3

What an idiot! Taking care of his clients and making sure they get paid as good as possible.

Probably one of the best agents around. Earning a fortune and enjoying his life. Smart guy you ask me.
Probably, but that doesn't mean we have to like or approve of his methods. He likes to play dirty.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
How does this fat bastard keep hold of all the good players in the world?

Fecking Jorge Mendes on Cheeseburgers.

troylocker

Thats what I was thinking. Isn’t Felix having a quality season. His dribbles have been insane at times. Plus he’s 18 so nothing expected properly for 2 years, the fee was an investment.

Haaland would do well to play every game at Dortmund since Martial is ahead of him as a player atm. We have a number 9. Martial’s style is easier on the eye too. Haaland will never possess close control like that and will be a plan B at first. His potential is insane though looking at his record.

In reality we probably need more guile in the form of Sancho / Hevertz to turn us into a truly top side.
Felix is 20 now btw, and he has been struggling in LaLiga. He been massively inconsistent with some glimpses of magic every now and then. It's not surprising that a 19 year old needs some time to adapt to LaLiga, coming from the Portuguese League. My guess is that his talent will gradually come to its right as he gains experience in LaLiga.

Martial is not a proper #9 as I see it, he is better on the flank just like Rashy. The fact that it works out better with him as #9 rather than Rashford does not make him the perfect #9 for us. If we want to challenge for the PL again, we need to score at least 80-100 goals in the PL in a season. That won't happen with a 10-15 goals a season striker, unless both Rashy and James start scoring 20+ each, which I don't think will happen (Maybe one of them, but not both). If you look at our goalscoring tally the last 6 years you'll see that there is something missing: A top class striker. (Lukaku was almost there, but he's gone for reason I'm not going into here) We really need a real #9 with a better instinct in front of the goal. We need a striker who threatens the space between the last defender and the keeper, who does aggressive offensive runs, because way to often when we have good crossing opportunities Martial is nowhere to be found in the box. Haaland would be perfect. Let's hope we're still in for him and he doesn't fall for German flattery.

Swarm

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
If you get him, do you think they’ll sell Sancho?
Pretty sure the two are entirely unrelated, especially since they play completely different positions fulfilling different roles. I see no reason whatsoever for Dortmund to sell Sancho in the winter window, in the summer they will most likely let him go.

Alabaster Codify7

Haaland targeting Dortmund should be a wake up call for people saying competition is necessary in a club. No good player wants to be on the bench especially when they know they are performing which is the case of both Martial and Haaland right now
So we should stick with not having a CF for long spells when martial is injured or can't be bothered on the field, yeah?

Okay, 6-10th it is. No Biggy.

Keanes Magic Hat

Hold on. He’s won 2 games on the spin which signifies a Fergie like turnaround in his early days [or something like that]; him being/having been incompetent in the transfer market has to be attributed solely to Woodward - he only gets credit for selling dross not criticism for the fact most of his ‘targets’ don’t seemingly want to play for him.
To be fair I thought he did brilliantly in transfer market, James, AWB and Maguire have all been good additions. We badly need a midfielder but defence was biggest concern last season and Pogba injury was really bad luck. If he continues to improve the the team and squad like last transfer window I'll be happy

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
You're the one who needs to wake up if you think having 1 CF for an entire season is okay.

Because he gets his players great deals and a lot of money.
Can see why Sir Alex didn't like him.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Why? Dortmund are currently playing without a striker and have Alcacer, who when fit is quite a prolific goalscorer himself, on the bench. If he performs as good as people hope he could get plenty of minutes, but he would have to earn them.

Zlatattack

Why don't we offer his agent more money than the rest of the clubs? That's legal right?

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Why don't we offer his agent more money than the rest of the clubs? That's legal right?
It sends a horrible precedent for future dealings. And I’m pretty sure we already went that route with Raiola for Pogba.
It’s as Podurban says. They’re parasites as it is and when you consider that 500m was spent on agents fees alone, we dint need to perpetuate the greed

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Haaland to BVB
Hwang to Wolves
Minamino to dippers

All for probably less than £50m combined. Meanwhile we have a cretin in charge who has spent the last 7 years chasing shadows while one gem after another has been pickpocketed right in front of our very eyes.

GBBQ

So he's being shopped around like De Ligt was in the summer.
Or alternatively, De Ligt and Haaland attract interest from multiple big clubs and the agent is going to see whats the best deal he can get for his player from all these interested parties?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
[/QUOTE]
Haaland to BVB
Hwang to Wolves
Minamino to dippers

All for probably less than £50m combined. Meanwhile we have a cretin in charge who has spent the last 7 years chasing shadows while one gem after another has been pickpocketed right in front of our very eyes.
Is that the crystal ball of infinite negativity you're wielding there?

Denis' cuff

Is that the crystal ball of infinite negativity you're wielding there?
[/QUOTE]

You don’t really need a crystal ball to see what’s happened the past 7 years, pal.

I suppose he could suddenly get the hang of it though.

Suedesi

Haaland to BVB
Hwang to Wolves
Minamino to dippers

But cultural reboot mate.

Suedesi

Yeah, I am out of this thread after this post. Fosu-Mens pushed my button and accused me of going soft so here I am and discussing fake news and destroying this thread.
But come on: You cant fecking run 20-30 meters and reach a top speed of over 35 km/h. (20 meters was the original suggestion)
On a wet football field with football boots. How is this even an issue?
Its fake news and not possible.
Here you have Usain Bolts graph when he broke the world record: after 30 meters he was at 39 km/h. From blocks, with spiked shoes on a track. From a start pistol. He reached his top speed at 60 meters.
http://members.iinet.net.au/~bc_j400/graph.jpg
I dont know if I can help you more than that.
Yeah one thing, Lukaku (the bulked up version) was clocked at a top speed of 36,43 km/h, which he famously shared himself after a training session last season. Only beaten by Dalot at United then. And I guarantee it was not after 30 meters or before. Maybe that will help you see how much top speed means in reality. Because basically by your reasoning Fat Lukaku is still faster than Haaland?!
Now I am out of this thread. Merry christmas.
Damn, you're a muppet killer.

SplitzMagic

Just get us Hwang and Minamoto please.

They are needed plus you know we love our far east shirt sales.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Raoila = do not want. That simple for me, sadly. That'll be the upside to his inevitable signing elsewhere.

Lemansky

According to Norwegian sources he has not made up his mind at all. Without the two German clubs mentioned we are favourites to sign him. That Ole looks set to keep his job is also positive as he is vary of signing for us with the risk of a new manager shortly after.

https://www.tv2.no/sport/11062506/

GE

Negative Moaning Mentalist
There’s no reason to come here except for monetary gain.

Ambitious young players have many more options nowadays. If they want to play in England then City, Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea would be ahead of us for the majority of foreign players... heck, even Arsenal may be preferable due to them being a big London club.

There’s literally nothing attractive about Manchester United except for big wages.

Swarlos

Supports
Lyn FK, Liverpool
How exactly has OGS been incompetent in the transfer market?

Status
Not open for further replies.