Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
If Haaland will take the pressure and keep scoring despite Premier League level, then we'll definitely know we have big arena striker. You're probably right, we'll just gonna have to sign him despite the risk because even Greenwood can't be our only option for sake of any squad depth.

Ironically Solskjaer is our most experienced striker on the training grounds so perhaps he'll fill the gap after RvP and Zlatan perfectly. The players seem to respect him even more than LvG and Mou.
For he's already shown he can handle the pressure. He's gone to Liverpool and scored, Napoli and scored. They're big European clubs on big nights. A hattrick on his debut in the CL!

The guy just seems to love scoring and has taken everything in his stride. I won't be shocked at all to see him come straight into the team and never stop scoring, he just seems that sort of guy.

Resch

Sportbild reported that Haaland would be available for 30 mill. € in the summer. An other newspaper wrote about a clause in the range of 30 to 60 mill. € Both mentioned the clause in combination with RB Leipzig, but the UEFA would not be happy about a RBL clause in a Salzburg contract. So if there is a clause, he would be available for United too at a fair price.
The most important thing is Haalands plan. United have to convince him that Manchester is the perfect place for him. Unted has turn his head! And if there is a clause for a summer sale, the chance is good to get him in winter for some extra millions!

https://sportbild.bild.de/bundeslig...l-salzburg-poker-transfer-66134768.sport.html

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
The problem is what the player wants. Alf Inge Haaland has reportedly been to visit RB Leipzig. They chose development when he moved to RB Salzburg over Juventus, and they might be so inclined to do it again with Leipzig who can both offer regular first team football in the Bundesliga, and champions league football.

Keita chose the same development path before joining Liverpool. The clubs are very interlinked.

I dont know if it was the bundesliga or UEFA, but someone cracked down on the transfer policies and now they are indeed forced to either loan or pay a transfer fee for the player. Since Salzburg owns the player, and the player wants, they are free to move him to Leipzig for any reasonable term they see fit involving a loan spell or a transfer fee that is market value, or in this case, buyout clause. It's the only way Leipzig can contest with the big European clubs for players of this caliber.

I personally think that there is a certain degree of plausibility that Haaland will choose Leipzig as his next destination. It really comes down to playtime. Can we offer him regular first team minutes? I don't believe he is ready, or willing to go into an environment yet where he needs to challenge for excisting spots. We have a recent nightmare scenario from Norway in Alexander Sørloth who joined Crystal Palace and bombed hard, complete waste of everyones time.

OGS being the manager at MUFC is make or break for this deal to happen. He knows the manager well and know how he will be treated if he comes here. That personal link is the only way Haaland will join Manchester United. It might not be enough, or even the right time. But without Champions League football on a rebuilding team, that is the only factor that will tip us in favor or basically any other similar team. The notion that we can't have both him and Martial in the club is.. well, what? Do we want to buy a lesser, older and slower player in case Martial gets injured, so we have to play a worse player for x time? I'm fairly certain that the two can co-exist on the same team.
It is not progress. You don't turn down Manchester United and the Premier League for less. He could break his leg and end his career next game. The risk is too high. Keita wouldn't have been at Leipzig if the other big teams were interested in him or thought he was worth the effort.

They simply cannot collude to get him there. It won't happen. Unless they offer better terms.

theklr

For he's already shown he can handle the pressure. He's gone to Liverpool and scored, Napoli and scored. They're big European clubs on big nights. A hattrick on his debut in the CL!

The guy just seems to love scoring and has taken everything in his stride. I won't be shocked at all to see him come straight into the team and never stop scoring, he just seems that sort of guy.
Yeah, but you know, the inevitable temporary setback/bad form hits everyone. And sometimes, the people who have an almost perfect run where everything turns to gold, has the worst time coping with that.

MrVolley

To be more precise about the actual events:

Genk midfielder Sander Berge has received a lot of compliments for his performances in this year's Champions League. After the Tuesday game which saw Liverpool defeat the Belgian side 2-1, Jurgen Klopp approached the midfielder and told him: "You are an interesting player, a very interesting player."

The German's praise left 21-year-old overjoyed:

"It was a great moment," he told VG (h/t B/R). "You have a big smile when you receive those sorts of compliments. It is wonderful when such a renowned manager as Jurgen Klopp comes over and says something like that."
That's tapping up or grooming. Klopp should remember the VVD affair

troylocker

Yeah, but you know, the inevitable temporary setback/bad form hits everyone. And sometimes, the people who have an almost perfect run where everything turns to gold, has the worst time coping with that.
You don’t enjoy much in life, do you? Never know what horrors might wait around the next corner, right?
Scores too many goals, links up too well with his teammates, has too much of a physical advantage, his winner mentality will fail him some day etc. Too good to be true. Do not want! Haha!

I want this guys signature so bad though!

theklr

You don’t enjoy much in life, do you? Never know what horrors might wait around the next corner, right?
Scores too many goals, links up too well with his teammates, has too much of a physical advantage, his winner mentality will fail him some day etc. Too good to be true. Do not want! Haha!

I want this guys signature so bad though!
I am just saying that there have been many players scoring or showing off against big teams in the UCL and/or scoring alot in a class B league and then faded into nothingness when asked to perform consistently in Premier League.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Ornstein adds:

‘The current state of their relationship with Raiola is unclear and for all the suggestions that they are reticent to do business with him after their dealings over the likes of Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, there are counterclaims that the two parties remain on good terms.

‘But, either way, sources admit his involvement is a complicating factor and, given there are guaranteed to be a huge number of suitors for Haaland, that is not ideal for United’s hopes.’

troylocker

I am just saying that there have been many players scoring or showing off against big teams in the UCL and/or scoring alot in a class B league and then faded into nothingness when asked to perform consistently in Premier League.
With that way of thinking we wouldn't sign many up and coming talents though.

I genuinely believe this guy would make an impact in the PL right away, and with his physique he would have no problem handling the physical aspect of the PL and outrunning PL defenses. He would not get bullied like we did yesterday by an aggressive opposition. Along with being excellent in the link up play and off the ball movement, he is also the most clinical finisher in Europe this season with 2,63 shots per goal so far (league, cup, CL, friendlies and National teams) , which is something that would suit us perfectly (and any attacking lineup really). Let's compare that finishing stat with our current attackers:
Martial: 6,33 shots per goal in the PL
Rashford: 5,71 shots per goal in the PL
James: 6,33 shots per goal in the PL
Greenwood: 7 shots per goal in the PL

Pretty insane really. His finishing and ability to set himself and his teammates up is nothing short of worldclass at the moment.

Last edited:

troylocker

Just out of curiosity: Can you name a few of these "many" players that has showed off against big teams in the CL and/or scoring a lot in a class B league that has faded into nothingness?

If one of those examples have as good as or better numbers than Haaland, I'd be very surprised to say the least. Going through stats from WWII to this date there isn't many players at all who can show similar minutes per goal and minute per goalcontribution. Pele pulled similar numbers in the late 50s and early 60s playing for Santos, and those numbers included friendlies and a majority of games from the Campeonato Paulista (league of the Brazilian state of Sao Paulo where they met a lot of very inferior teams). Haaland is definitely in his breakthrough season and there is no such thing as a sure thing with a 19 year old, but if it is just a display of good form, it is historically good to put it like that.

Adam-Utd

We've known he's with Raiola since the start so I doubt that'll be a problem.

We wouldn't be interested and then dip at the last minute because of that. Seems like they're just trying to create filler to seem interesting.

Eric's Seagull

Although I want this transfer to happen, alongside all the other areas we need to strengthen. I think it is going to be harder now that RB Leipzig have the option to buy him for £25.7m. I think he will go there for a season and if he does well, as I expect him to, I think he might go to Bayern as the long term successor to Lewandowski.

Ornstein adds:

‘The current state of their relationship with Raiola is unclear and for all the suggestions that they are reticent to do business with him after their dealings over the likes of Paul Pogba, Zlatan Ibrahimovic and Henrikh Mkhitaryan, there are counterclaims that the two parties remain on good terms.

‘But, either way, sources admit his involvement is a complicating factor and, given there are guaranteed to be a huge number of suitors for Haaland, that is not ideal for United’s hopes.’
What a wonderfully elaborate way of saying nothing at all. 'Some say the relationship is soured, others not. His agent has to be negotiated with and clubs are interested in young talent'.

Shaw Mee Tah Mané

I think it is going to be harder now that RB Leipzig have the option to buy him for £25.7m
They are not allowed to pay under market value. They did some kind of deal with UEFA, so if Salzburg accept an offer of £25,7M from Leipzig, they have to accept similar offers from others. Or if others offer £50m, they can't accept £25,7M from Leipzig.

Adam-Utd

They are not allowed to pay under market value. They did some kind of deal with UEFA, so if Salzburg accept an offer of £25,7M from Leipzig, they have to accept similar offers from others. Or if others offer £50m, they can't accept £25,7M from Leipzig.
Yep. Just another stupid rumour created by newspapers. Haaland may well see it as his next logical path, especially with Nagelsmann there and RBL starting to play really well.

I think it depends on what Werner does this summer.

Eric's Seagull

Maybe I misinterpreted this article. Can you please explain why https://sportbild.bild.de/bundeslig...l-salzburg-poker-transfer-66134768.sport.html state the fee is around €30m for Leipzig but significantly higher for English clubs?

troylocker

Yep. Just another stupid rumour created by newspapers. Haaland may well see it as his next logical path, especially with Nagelsmann there and RBL starting to play really well.

I think it depends on what Werner does this summer.
Thing is though that I think Salzburg will accept a juicy offer in January.

If he still is in Salzburg in the summer, I think there will be a bidding war over him. RBL will not raise big money for him if Red Bull wants to cash out.

PS! Collusion is not allowed in the transfermarket. So he must be sold at market price if that is higher than the contracted release clause, independent of what his release clause is.

Based Adnan

Maybe I misinterpreted this article. Can you please explain why https://sportbild.bild.de/bundeslig...l-salzburg-poker-transfer-66134768.sport.html state the fee is around €30m for Leipzig but significantly higher for English clubs?
If I understand that correctly it says he has a 30M EUR release clause in the summer for everyone. Only that English clubs will be able to pay significantly higher salary. No mention of a clause specific to Leipzig. Interesting if true.

Bestietom

If I understand that correctly it says he has a 30M EUR release clause in the summer for everyone. Only that English clubs will be able to pay significantly higher salary. No mention of a clause specific to Leipzig. Interesting if true.
Is salzburg not a feeder club for leipzig, or something like this.

Paxi

Dagestani MMA Boiled Egg Expert
Reminds me of Lewandowski from those YouTube videos.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Is salzburg not a feeder club for leipzig, or something like this.
Part of the Red Bull corp, so yes they have strong links but I wouldn't say feeder club in that sense. Salzburg do have their own identity.

However it comes down to what the player wants. They can't prevent Haaland moving to any other league if he doesn't want it

stepic

Haaland, Sancho, a DM and keep Pogba and we would be vastly, vastly improved team next year.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
This could happen in January if we pay over the odds. Salzburg would sell if they received a offer that is deemed too good to turn down. And in our current situation I believe we'll overpay and bring him in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
January if possible if his side crash out the Champions League perhaps? Probably not though.

Brophs

The One and Only
From what I can tell, the highest fee paid for a player from the Austrian league and who wasn't transferring between the two Red Bull clubs is around £20m (Mane to Southampton). The talk of £85m and the like seems daft, on that basis. You're basically paying the sort of price that should absolutely offer guarantees, for a player whose age and experience don't offer any.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
From what I can tell, the highest fee paid for a player from the Austrian league and who wasn't transferring between the two Red Bull clubs is around £20m (Mane to Southampton). The talk of £85m and the like seems daft, on that basis. You're basically paying the sort of price that should absolutely offer guarantees, for a player whose age and experience don't offer any.
Yes, but this is post Neymar, not much makes sense anymore. Anything under 100m is a gamble nowadays, like Felix, Ligt, Mbappé, De Jong, some more than others but it’s still a gamble that they won’t adapt to the league or the team. I’ll take that gamble with Halaand, it’s not my money anyways and with all the money this club generates it should be far from the only signing that can be made, especially if Pogba is sold.

Status
Not open for further replies.