Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
His representative agents are still his father and his uncle. Raiola is just his uncle friend who help them to negotiate with RBS.
He might be fall to Raoila's agency in the future but right now please don't buy any story about Raiola will decide his future club.
A little bit about Mino Raiola.

I have read numerous articles, listen to interviews and talked to respectable people I know who have met him in person, and none had something bad to say

The idea that he’s some sorts of evil behind the scene figure who orchestrates transfers who only benefits him and his firm is a lazy an a wrong narrative. There are shady agents out there but to reach the heights where you represent world class players you need to have knowledge and negotiation skills to be respected and successful.

Do you honestly think that Haaland and his father consult him by accident?
My understanding from talking with those people is that he’s a good listener, warm and polite and someone who cares about his friends and clients. They speak about a intelligent man who is genuine and generous, someone who will help you in a second if he has a chance. Far away from being egoistic and sneaky.

There is no contradiction with being a good business man, a talented negotiator and caring about his clients.

The reason players like him is because he always take care of them, looking after their best interest without forgetting who pays him.

I perfectly understands why Halland Sr consults him and use his knowledge. Smart people often co operate with the best advisors they can find. That’s why I find some criticism against Raiola unfair and lazy.

SplitzMagic

I hate to break it to you, both are on their way to the PL, but to Wolves respectively Pool.
Yeah, typical utd. Apparently we scouted Minamino for months and we we're unaware of his release clause being just 7m.

Clueless

Last edited:

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yeah, typical utd. Apparently we scouted Minamoto for months and we're unaware of his release clause.

Clueless
Of course. Caf posters knew about it but the Utd scouts and coaches didn’t.
The truth is RBS and Liverpool have been in contact for years. They’ve had a good relationship since Klopp became coach and Minamino has been a target for months.
I don’t think he’s ever been on our radar while Sancho definitely is. I know who I’d rather go for

El-Manos

Of course. Caf posters knew about it but the Utd scouts and coaches didn’t.
The truth is RBS and Liverpool have been in contact for years. They’ve had a good relationship since Klopp became coach and Minamino has been a target for months.
I don’t think he’s ever been on our radar while Sancho definitely is. I know who I’d rather go for
We won’t get Sancho though.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
We won’t get Sancho though.
Maybe but the point is, suddenly a player who’s done pretty well is nailed on to sign for Liverpool and Utd should have signed him and are clueless about his release clause !!!!

The stupidity of some posters is quite something

Ole Gunnar Solskjær met Haaland's entourage in Salzburg on Friday

lysglimt

Scout
Don't know if this has been reported but OGS has been in Salzburg to speak to Haaland today - according to Norways biggest newspaper

Gasolin

Don't know if this has been reported but OGS has been in Salzburg to speak to Haaland today - according to Norways biggest newspaper
Cool, but would that change anything in our favor, and especially in Jan, to help us get the CL spots or the maximum points? That's the only thing I am interested in!

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
Cool, but would that change anything in our favor, and especially in Jan, to help us get the CL spots or the maximum points? That's the only thing I am interested in!
Listen up everyone. Don't write something about anything unless it solves everything :rolleyes:

Adnan

Talent Spotter
If Ole has travelled to meet the entourage of the player including his father as reported by the Norweigan media, then I expect us to sign Haaland.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
That's a nice personal touch from Ole. Must have learned from Ferguson on the personal touch to try and set our club aside from the others. I wonder if LVG or Mourinho would have done the same.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
A little bit about Mino Raiola.

I have read numerous articles, listen to interviews and talked to respectable people I know who have met him in person, and none had something bad to say

The idea that he’s some sorts of evil behind the scene figure who orchestrates transfers who only benefits him and his firm is a lazy an a wrong narrative. There are shady agents out there but to reach the heights where you represent world class players you need to have knowledge and negotiation skills to be respected and successful.

Do you honestly think that Haaland and his father consult him by accident?
My understanding from talking with those people is that he’s a good listener, warm and polite and someone who cares about his friends and clients. They speak about a intelligent man who is genuine and generous, someone who will help you in a second if he has a chance. Far away from being egoistic and sneaky.

There is no contradiction with being a good business man, a talented negotiator and caring about his clients.

The reason players like him is because he always take care of them, looking after their best interest without forgetting who pays him.

I perfectly understands why Halland Sr consults him and use his knowledge. Smart people often co operate with the best advisors they can find. That’s why I find some criticism against Raiola unfair and lazy.
What you are describing is a good salesman. Which is what Raiola is. A car salesman.

BarstoolProphet

Norwegian papers, especially VG, rarely runs with stories like this. There's no doubt that this is true from my POV. Their source is probably OGS's best buddy Jim Solbakken.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Meeting the Father, Alfie as reported by VG who are very reliable in Norway.

momo83

Massive Snowflake
I agree. Rashford has been one of the top players this season. Looked like a PlayStation player for that 30 mins against City.

Apart from Mane it’s hard to think of too many left wingers who have had a better season so far? He’s actually one of the very very best in his position now. Looks a leader on the pitch for us.
What like most about him is that even when his not scoring / assisting, his directness and running at defenders constantly keeps them on their feet it can’t be underestimated how much this wears them out both physically and mentally and frees up space for other players.

Brophs

The One and Only

Sounds like he turned us down so we flew the jet over his hometown and dumped the contents of all the onboard toilets. It's the only language they'll understand.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
Maguire always felt like a United type of transfer. Same with AWB.

De Ligt never did. Neither did Fernandes or Dybala. Not for me anyway. I couldn't picture any of them in our shirt.

Haaland feels every inch a United transfer

Adnan

Talent Spotter

De Ligt never did. Neither did Fernandes or Dybala. Not for me anyway. I couldn't picture any of them in our shirt.

Why didn't De Ligt or Dybala?

SteveW

I could have seen Bruno here tbh. He works his arse off and never stops running.

De Ligt and Dybala seemed a bit galacticoish and neither actually wanted to join.

Halaand feels exactly like a United signing. From a cold climate. Young, hungry and tough. He seems like someone who would be up for a fight. Shame his agent is who he is though. Nothing is ever straight forward.

Dve

Haaland not included in the squad for Salzburg match against Hartberg this weekend. Everything suggests that Haaland is close to a move. You have Raiola, and you have Red Bull, but in the end it´s to Haaland himself. He´ll pick United, I feel pretty confident about that.

Reactions: KM

NoLogo

German papers report he also met with RB Leipzig head coach Julian Nagelsmann as well as with people from Dortmund. I reckon he is listening to all the offers right now.

The fact that he is a Raiola client makes me think that he wants to move his client to better league and better club but not top tier straight away. Given the fact that Dortmund lacks a top tier strikers they might have a pretty good chance getting him I reckon. Raiola will then, in 1-3 years time try to move Haaland on for an even bigger paycheck to one of the top clubs.

So yeah unless we or some other top club move haven and earth and pay Raiola a huge sum of money I reckon he will end up at Dortmund and use it as a step stone club.

SteveW

German papers report he also met with RB Leipzig head coach Julian Nagelsmann as well as with people from Dortmund. I reckon he is listening to all the offers right now.

The fact that he is a Raiola client makes me think that he wants to move his client to better league and better club but not top tier straight away. Given the fact that Dortmund lacks a top tier strikers they might have a pretty good chance getting him I reckon. Raiola will then, in 1-3 years time try to move Haaland on for an even bigger paycheck to one of the top clubs.

So yeah unless we or some other top club move haven and earth and pay Raiola a huge sum of money I reckon he will end up at Dortmund and use it as a step stone club.
I can see this tbh. Raiola is an absolute leech.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to Castles in his podcast from earlier in the day before the news broke in Norway. Castles says that Marcel Bout met Alfie Haaland and the conversation was around game time and Bout wasn't in a position to give assurances for obvious reasons. So it makes sense Ole has now travelled to meet the father.

Castles also says that he's spoken to afew people that he trusts regards evaluating player potential and they don't believe he's worth anywhere near £100m, more like £50m to £60m tops. The people he spoke to also believe he's not very good technically and is a flat track bully type that would be found out in the latter stages of the UCL.

NoLogo

I can see this tbh. Raiola is an absolute leech.
My only hope right now is that Haaland is a big Ole fan and really, really wants to play under him and be part of the young team he is building. But on the other hand he has 3 other talented young strikers he has to compete with for one striker spot if he joins us. But hell I reckon 3-4 weeks we might already know where he will end up for the time being.

SteveW

My only hope right now is that Haaland is a big Ole fan and really, really wants to play under him and be part of the young team he is building. But on the other hand he has 3 other talented young strikers he has to compete with for one striker spot if he joins us. But hell I reckon 3-4 weeks we might already know where he will end up for the time being.
I think Rashford will play from the left exclusively from now on so I'd discount him. I expect Greenwood to play mostly from the right. He's James only quality competition for that position. So he'd be competing with Martial. He'd get loads of football. Having him there would hopefully keep Anthony on his toes also.

Should we sign Haaland we'd have a nice set of options imo. 5 hugely talented young players for 3 positions. Plenty of flexibility also.

LF
Rashford
James
Martial

CF
Martial
Haaland
Greenwood

RF
James
Greenwood

Lemansky

I was waiting for someone to come up with this type of stupid take. Because that's what people do online these days.

"So what you're saying is..........." Blah blah blah

I never said players from hot climates aren't up for a fight. You invented that because you have shit reading comprehension and wanted to be disagreeable. I even said I could see a Portugese player Fernandes at the club due to his workrate. How is that saying players from hot climates wouldn't be up for a fight?

I said De Ligt and Dybala were a bit galacticoish didn't want to join. They were looking to join CL contenders for huge money. I never even mentioned where they come from. They didn't want to come here.

The first time I mentioned climate was directly in relation to Haaland and Haaland only. We have a history of successful signings from cold countries especially under Ferguson. These lads have typically settled well in Manchester and not been as pissed off by the weather and looking towards the continent. Look at our squads under Ferguson. He clearly saw it as a plus. Before you start, this is NOT saying people from warm climates can't settle there too, plenty have, plenty did under SAF and plenty will in the future.

Then I said he strikes me as young, hungry and someone who's up for a fight. I said the same about Rafael when he signed. It's a personal characteristic, nothing to do with climate. So please learn to read and stop projecting your own BS onto peoples posts.
You can break this down very easily without climate talk though

Dybala wanted to stay in Turin, loves Juve and in general did not want to move

Haaland wants to move, is highly motivated to be better and knows the manager very well. If he comes here it will be for all the right reasons not money. I genuinely feel his camp has all the trust in the world for Ole to develop the kid into a superstar

SteveW

You can break this down very easily without climate talk though

Dybala wanted to stay in Turin, loves Juve and in general did not want to move

Haaland wants to move, is highly motivated to be better and knows the manager very well. If he comes here it will be for all the right reasons not money. I genuinely feel his camp has all the trust in the world for Ole to develop the kid into a superstar
Absolutely. That guy latched on to one short sentence and treated it like I'd suggested half of the worlds population were soft or something. Because he wanted to.

The climate thing was one tiny aspect that made it feel like a United signing to me. No idea why he decided to make that a thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.