Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gasolin

Maybe Ole has to go to comfort Haaland and tell him he’s not getting sacked so he can come safely?

SAFMUTD

Maguire always felt like a United type of transfer. Same with AWB.

De Ligt never did. Neither did Fernandes or Dybala. Not for me anyway. I couldn't picture any of them in our shirt.

Haaland feels every inch a United transfer
is it because they are english? Dybala doesnt fit here, thats clear as hell since he turned us down but Fernandes has leader qualities, I would very much welcome him here.

pascell

This thread is an absolute fecking mess, same shit gets spouted on every page even though it's in the thread title.

Haaland Senior has said in the past he's not bothered if Haaland Junior signs for United, they'll move to the club that'll benefit his career the most. So lets stop with this Keane and Haaland waffle, it's boring and even more tiresome seeing this thread being updated, by yet more Keane and Haaland posts.

OleGunnar20

So, what's this news on us signing him? Legit sources?

Because the bonfire of a page or two above don't seem to mention anything to do with it.

KM

I’m afraid I just blue myself
Any more talk of Keane ending Haaland career will result in thread bans(even in jest). There's been a substantial update, discuss that rather than rehashing old jokes.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
I was keen on us signing him but that was before I realised his agent is Raiola.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
According to Castles in his podcast from earlier in the day before the news broke in Norway. Castles says that Marcel Bout met Alfie Haaland and the conversation was around game time and Bout wasn't in a position to give assurances for obvious reasons. So it makes sense Ole has now travelled to meet the father.

Castles also says that he's spoken to afew people that he trusts regards evaluating player potential and they don't believe he's worth anywhere near £100m, more like £50m to £60m tops. The people he spoke to also believe he's not very good technically and is a flat track bully type that would be found out in the latter stages of the UCL.

Should we worry about his perceived lack of technical ability? I've only watched him in a handful games so i'm not really that familiar with his game to pass judgment.

Any Noggy posters or even @Resch 's opinion would be good to hear.

Last edited:

red_de_pologne

If he chooses Dortmund, fine (not fine, but it's his decision), but it's refreshing to see we've made all the right effort to try and get him here. Fair play to Ole and Woody.

montpelier

Having seen him for 2 minutes of highlights, Im not worried about not getting him.

Seems to have all the attributes that suggest he could easily just be fairly average in English footy against mass well organised defences. His size will be often matched, I don't think he would enjoy the lack of space and I'm gonna say I didn't like the one dimensional nature of his movement and finishing/missing, as it was.

Just a hunch type pov, feel free to trample on it, I'd be interested to see the refuting of my speculative theorising, which isn't based on very much, I would have to admit.

Strelok

Having seen him for 2 minutes of highlights, Im not worried about not getting him.

Seems to have all the attributes that suggest he could easily just be fairly average in English footy against mass well organised defences. His size will be often matched, I don't think he would enjoy the lack of space and I'm gonna say I didn't like the one dimensional nature of his movement and finishing/missing, as it was.

Just a hunch type pov, feel free to trample on it, I'd be interested to see the refuting of my speculative theorising, which isn't based on very much, I would have to admit.
:lol:

theklr

Thats a fair point point. But if we get him for 20 mill., it is really a gamble we should take seeing he has scored against two of the best defenders in the world.

And dont forget how young he is , he can develope the skillset required. He is a true poacher which we sorely need.

But yeah, it is impossible to know how he’ll do against those type of teams.

::sonny::

Sounds like he turned us down so we flew the jet over his hometown and dumped the contents of all the onboard toilets. It's the only language they'll understand.
I followed Darmian's flight, I will follow this as well

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

You're just plain wrong i'm afraid.

He doesn't score goals because of his size. He isn't wrestling defenders away with his arms then snatching the ball off them, it's down to his anticipation, good movement and acceleration.

His ability to smash the ball low and hard at almost any angle is another reason why his shot % is so high, he rarely skies them.

People say his technique is poor, but it's absolutely fine. His 1 touch passing is much better than Lukaku's, better than Rashfords.

Half the youtube scouts on here said Daniel James was a kick and run footballer who couldn't dribble, look how that turned out :lol:

The Urban Goose

German papers report he also met with RB Leipzig head coach Julian Nagelsmann as well as with people from Dortmund. I reckon he is listening to all the offers right now.

The fact that he is a Raiola client makes me think that he wants to move his client to better league and better club but not top tier straight away. Given the fact that Dortmund lacks a top tier strikers they might have a pretty good chance getting him I reckon. Raiola will then, in 1-3 years time try to move Haaland on for an even bigger paycheck to one of the top clubs.

So yeah unless we or some other top club move haven and earth and pay Raiola a huge sum of money I reckon he will end up at Dortmund and use it as a step stone club.
Maybe Ole should have a word with Dortmund, "we'll pull out of Haaland if you give us first refusal and sell us Sancho".

Bratt

I was keen on us signing him but that was before I realised his agent is Raiola.
His agent isn't Raiola. Raiola has been brought in to help out for Haalands next transfer. IIRC his father is his agent.
As barnslig says, Raiola isn’t his agent, he’s just helping out for this transfer.
His father isn’t his agent either, but probably acts as an advisor of sorts.

Haalands agent is Jim Solbakken, one of Ole’s best friends, and he is also a good friend of Alf Inge Håland.

Mainoldo

Still don’t know why we’ve sold Lukaku to replace him with players just like him.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
Samuel Luckhurst: Solskjaer is understood to have flown to meet Haaland's camp in Salzburg early on Friday morning and an aircraft's activity log reveals it flew back to Manchester and then onto Stavanger Airport in Sola. Haaland's father, the former Leeds and Manchester City midfielder Alf Inge, was born in Stavanger.

Alf Inge Haaland told Norwegian outlet VG, who originally reported the story: "I hope you understand that I can't comment on all the rumours going on now." Haaland's camp are said to be unhappy the meeting with Solskjaer has leaked.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...aaland-17420124.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Samuel Luckhurst: Solskjaer is understood to have flown to meet Haaland's camp in Salzburg early on Friday morning and an aircraft's activity log reveals it flew back to Manchester and then onto Stavanger Airport in Sola. Haaland's father, the former Leeds and Manchester City midfielder Alf Inge, was born in Stavanger.

Alf Inge Haaland told Norwegian outlet VG, who originally reported the story: "I hope you understand that I can't comment on all the rumours going on now." Haaland's camp are said to be unhappy the meeting with Solskjaer has leaked.

https://www.manchestereveningnews.c...aaland-17420124.amp?__twitter_impression=true
How could it fail to leak? Unless he went in disguise, you can’t fail to recognise Andy Serkis

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Maybe Ole should have a word with Dortmund, "we'll pull out of Haaland if you give us first refusal and sell us Sancho".
Honestly, I’d prefer this. I think Sancho and a midfielder would be far better for us than signing Haaland while pissing Dortmund off. Midfield should be the priority, and Greenwood is more than ready to be playing upfront for us if Haaland is.

AFC NimbleThumb

feck me, I usually assume it's the noobs embarrassing themselves.
You don’t agree with his opinion; throwing around internet tropes like Noobs really does nothing for anyone.

He’s quite obviously high or something cause that Arsenal comment goes a tad far but believing a youngster has numerous better footballing options than United currently in itself isn’t controversial.

Don’t like an opinion debate it imo.

FreakyJim

90% of teams play better football than us
He does look clumsy when running with the ball, like he's about to tumble down. But he also looks like a good finisher inside the box.
I can see the Lukaku comparisons.

And we do need a natural number 9...hmm

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Ole clearly wants him if he's going out to meet him and his family in person.

That sort of effort goes a long way with players. It'll be a tough decision between us and Dortmund for him, but the fact that he's played under Ole before (and got on well), lived in England before and likes it here, and we're more than likely to beat Dortmund in any financial offer stands us in great stead.

If we can promise him plenty of minutes then we've got a fantastic chance.

Dortmund have Paco Alcacer who isn't exactly an amateur striker either, so he's in no better position than us with Martial.

Lemansky

Very confident this gonna happen. Exciting to have a Norwegian playing for the club again under another Norwegians management.

No7UTD

I think Hailand's playing style is similar to Lewandowski's style of play. But is that the type of striker United needs? I think a player like Dembele from Lyon fits better into United's attacking game. He is fast, dribble and has a really good technique. I think Dembele could be crazy for United.

IrishRedDevil

After watching a few videos, I’m not totally convinced. His technical ability is questionable. He runs with his head down and his dribbling and ball control is quite awkward looking. He does look like a decent finisher though. For a low fee, I guess he’s worth a punt, but I’m not seeing where all the hype is coming from.

Status
Not open for further replies.