Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Christ, stop making everything about Martial. Even without injuries, our only attacking option on the bench was Greenwood in the last match. Martial and Haaland will both play a lot of matches if Haaland does sign. Our attacking options will be Rashford, Greenwood, Martial, Haaland, James and that's it. That's five players for three positions and Greenwood is still 18.

This mollycoddling of Martial is very bizarre btw.
This. I'd still struggle to understand if Martial was in fine form, but he's not.

enurs

Fabrizio Romano is writing on Twitter that Haaland is now planning with his family and agent. The most important thing for Haaland is to play every week. Can United offer that?

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Yeah, but Haaland wants to play EVERY match, and Ole shouldn’t guarantee that.
Haaland doesn't want to play *every* match, but he does want to play as much as possible.

Hell. He's been rested a lot for Salzburg recently either following injuries or simply match fatigue.

He was also not a regular starter for Salzburg until 6 months into his contract. The player is happy to earn his spot.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
To move topic from Martial; i think that this demand from Haaland that he must be a starter is a big BS. No way that any player and especially young player would and can demand that. Maybe in third division but at higher level? No fecking way. And no manager in the world can't accept that demand.

Haaland wants to go in club where he will play a lot. It is normal thing and i believe in that but other stuff is a big bs from the press

Strelok

Forget about how Martial feel guys.

Fine form or not if he's not happy to fight for his starting slot then he should go, period. And if Haaland doesn't come just because we can't guarantee him playing every week then we should not sign him either. It's just not the mentality required.

Of course I'm a bit worried about the development of Greenwood and the price tag quoted but if he'd sign for us I'll be over the moon. We're so thin and limited up front tbh.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Fabrizio Romano is writing on Twitter that Haaland is now planning with his family and agent. The most important thing for Haaland is to play every week. Can United offer that?
He can only expect to play every week if he's performing. And if he's performing, then he'll play every week.

Ole has showed that with Daniel James. Not a chance that he was expected to be a regular starter at the beginning of the season.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Oh for feck sakes, is Raiola agent to this player too?
No, he's representing him as a consultant for this transfer. I think his agent is his dad? I might be wrong on that but i'm sure i've heard that.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
We're playing Pereira and Lingard every week. That should answer your question.

troylocker

Yeah, but Haaland wants to play EVERY match, and Ole shouldn’t guarantee that.
He’s averaged on 70 minutes in a rotation system in RBS. I think there is enough minutes to go around to keep 4 attackers plus Greenwood happy. I think we’ll get him.

theklr

We could play Martial as a second striker/CAM behind Haaland? At least in the games where we meet low-blocks.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Not sure if mentioned but VG contacted the club last night who denied the £75m + loan him back to Salzburg story. The Sun with their usual bollocks.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
I knew that people will missread my post. I was just saying that he will not accept to be second choice because he is big snowflake. He is not McT who will accept rotation if we buy midfielder.
Should we avoid buying Haaland because of that? Of course not. We must buy him at all cost. Should we think how Martial will feel? Of course not.
For every player there is the same rule; If you play well you will play, if not go on the bench. You don't like the bench? Goodbye then.
You are saying that as if Martial didn't fight and won a spot several times under Mourinho. It's a bit weird.

Strelok

We could play Martial as a second striker/CAM behind Haaland? At least in the games where we meet low-blocks.
Martial just doesn't have the passing and creativity required to play as an AM. Plus he's a bit lazy when it comes to pressing and defend.
Second striker yes, we can play like that against weaker teams I think.
I really like the idea of signing Haaland, he'll give us more options and cover up front. Imagine if Martial is injured again...

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
1. We don't know if the playing time thing is true, they could just be making that up. I would Imagine Ole will give him plenty of time anyway. We play a LOT of matches, Martial can't play them all.

2. Dortmund have Paco Alcacer, spains number 9. Who's to say they can guarantee him a first team place also? they hardly struggle to score goals as it is.

tenpoless

No 6-pack, just 2Pac
Supports
4-4-2 classic
Oh for feck sakes, is Raiola agent to this player too?
The new Jorge Mendes, the more unlikable version. What surprised me the most was when Mkhitaryan became Dortmund player Raiola popped out of nowhere and became his agent. And then We all know Mkhi won Bundesliga player of the year. It's like his natural instinct after foods and throwing chairs around is to find good players just before their peak and become their agent.

I thought it stopped there but noooo Haaland's agent is him too for some reason and it's annoying as feck.

ReddBalls

The new Jorge Mendez, the more unlikable version. What surprised me the most was when Mkhitaryan became Dortmund player Raiola popped out of nowhere and became his agent. And then We all know Mkhi won Bundesliga player of the year. It's like his natural instinct after foods and throwing chairs around is to find good players just before their peak and become their agent.

I thought it stopped there but noooo Haaland's agent is him too for some reason and it's annoying as feck.
He's not.

kr0nix

Not sure if this has been posted before but this video shows a lot of different aspects to Haaland's play

elánius

Really good player, but he is Lukaku type of the striker and we let him go few months ago, so what is our concept?

I believe he should prove himself in bundes liga first = second RB team is the perfect fit for him I supose..

Denis' cuff

I think Haaland has his own agent but it appears the fat slob has managed to get his snout in the trough.

76m really is a bit strong considering the player’s history. Still, if he fits the plan and it appears he isn’t one of Ed’s silly whims.... lets hope he’s more Rooney than Lukaku.

The Man Himself

asked for a tagline change and all I got was this.
So, Bild saying Leipzig is out of the race as they won’t pay the yearly vage Raiola demands of €8m. The article says they won’t pay more than €5m a year.
One down, two to go.
Interesting. I am assuming Dortmund might be having some kind of wage cap (given the constant moral superiority complex sense one gets from the club and fans, that's likely). We should offer Dortmund wage cap + 1 (in Arsenal-Suarez style) to Haaland.

BarstoolProphet

For what it's worth:

Dagbladet (Norway's second largest newspaper) said a few weeks ago, as previously mentioned in this thread, that a very reliable source told them that United were in pole position. Now they follow up today with "additional information coming forward this week strenghtens that impression". Hard to tell if they're just referring to information from other media or their own sources, but the latter looks most likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.