Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

pascell

Think in a few years Minimino will end up being regarded as the superior signing and further highlight why Pool are where they are and we are where we are
In a few years Minamino will be 26, very soon to be 27, whereas Håland will be 21. Of course Minamino will be regarded as a great coup because he'll be entering his prime, Håland won't be anywhere near his. You're talking a few years down the line also but still degrading United, how do you know how ourselves and Liverpool will be performing in a couple of years?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I see that the same WUM who is adamant that Haaland is a poor signing because no one has watched him play more than a couple of times, has posted overnight that 'Minimino' will end up being the superior signing. Can't even spell his name, probably never seen either play but yup Minimino will end up the superior player.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
I see that the same WUM who is adamant that Haaland is a poor signing because no one has watched him play more than a couple of times, has posted overnight that 'Minimino' will end up being the superior signing. Can't even spell his name, probably never seen either play but yup Minimino will end up the superior player.
Who is that WUM?

theklr

It is a very common psychological defense mechanism to always assume the worst to avoid getting hurt, you shouldnt make fun of those who needs to guard themselves against reality or are scarred by previous events.

Gordon S

German football expert Honigstein thinks Borussia Dortmund are at the head of the queue to sign Haaland, saying they have a vacancy in attack that no other club can offer the Norway international.
He will compete with Reus and Alcacer for that strikers position. How is that position vacant?

elánius

Bollocks. So Lukaku was a CL top scorer at some point when He was 19?
Yeah, Halands is not a CL top scorer, Lewandowski is. And no, Lukaku wasnt top scorer at CL, because he didnt play in CL, beacuse he didnt play tier potato austrain league like Halands is. But he scored 17 goals and had 7 assists in PL while he was 19.
He played one or two games as RW and played every game as CF.
This is just pure lie on ingorace. Your choice. :-)

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He will compete with Reus and Alcacer for that strikers position. How is that position vacant?
I keep arguing this with people, it's like they're purposely being stupid to try and wind people up?

Alcacer is spains number 9 coming into a euro year, he isn't going to be happy to be benched. Currently it's purely down to injury he's not playing.

Reus is doing a good job as a false 9 while he's out.

We Martial.... Greenwood (who's not ready to be our lead striker) and Rashford who just isn't a striker period. We're in no better position.

rampo

Can we all agree with the 'Pool good, United bad' apologists so that we can move on in life and discuss about Haaland in this thread rather than Liverpool signings

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Who is that WUM?
Quoted in the post above mine. You can bet the same people would be crying about lack of ambition if Pool had gone for the 19 year old goal scoring prodigy while we picked up his 24 year old less glorified teammate.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Quoted in the post above mine. You can bet the same people would be crying about lack of ambition if Pool had gone for the 19 year old goal scoring prodigy while we picked up his 24 year old less glorified teammate.
Thanks you.

"While Liverpool are signing one of the best young striker, we have signed player for Marketing in Japan"

jamesjimmybyrondean

Eh? Sorry? Am I living in an alternate universe here. United have a reputation for developing the highest number of successful players in English football playing top flight football. They don't all go on to make it at United. That said are you living under a rock at the moment? The team just reached its landmark 4000+ consecutive match day squads of home grown talent and this year's average first choice 11 age is just over 20.

Bizarre statement.
You're supporting my bizzare statement really. We clearly have a history of developing talents moreso than Dortmund and Leipzig so in what world will a young player as good as Haaland choose either of those teams over us.

If it's about game time Haaland will be competing with Alcacer and Reus in Dortmund. Or Werner and Poulsen in Leipzig. Or Martial and Greenwood. Our strikers being the weakest of the bunch.

If it's about developing himself as a player you have already brought up the stats of us developing the highest number of successful players in English football which is the best league in the world

BarstoolProphet

TV2, the Premier League broadcaster in Norway, are pushing hard for him to choose Dortmund. Previously, as the only ones in Norwegian media, they've reported that their sources are saying that Erling and his family prefer a move to Germany. Now most of their experts are saying Dortmund would be the best choice, and they even included Berbatov's comments for good measure.

lysglimt

Scout
When Man Utd make you an offer, it should be 'where do i sign' not 'let me consider Dortmund and Red Bull'.
Its not that easy. There are huge talents who are not prepared to spend 3 seasons on loan before being given the chance at Real Madrid. At the same time - there are talents who prefer gametime at a smaller club compared to playing 10 matches for United.

If it wasn't Alex Tuanzebes biggest dream to be a United-regular, he would still be on loan at Villa or something. He would be a regular there - with us he plays every 3rd or 4th game.

troylocker

It really is hilarious to read all the speculations and theories in the media and social media regarding his mindset when choosing his next destination. Both Dortmund and us would be very good choices for him. He will fit right in and I think he'll probably hit the ground running where ever he chooses to go. Let's hope it's here.

philjones4president

It really is hilarious to read all the speculations and theories in the media and social media regarding his mindset when choosing his next destination. Both Dortmund and us would be very good choices for him. He will fit right in and I think he'll probably hit the ground running where ever he chooses to go. Let's hope it's here.
Haaland and his father was observed at Sola Airport this morning.

There were 3 flights leaving. One for Copenhagen, one for Amsterdam. The last one was leaving for Manchester.

MasterM

Aftenbladet.no is reporting that Haaland is on his way to Manchester right now along with his father.

Holters

Apparently he is on his way to Manchester with his father as we speak according to a local newspaper in Norway (in the Area where he is from):
Aftonbladet said:
Checked in to Manchester
It has been reported that a transfer may occur in the coming days. And now it seems that something is to happen

Aftenbladet has sources that Erling Braut Haaland and his father Alf-Inge Haaland traveled to Manchester from Sola on Friday morning with a Norwegian Airline flight".
Source (Norwegian): https://www.aftenbladet.no/sport/i/mRn5G4/Haaland-er-pa-vei-til-Manchester

Last edited:

Flyole5

Haaland has got on a plane with direction to Manchester. Multiple sources reporting to Norwegian TV2

Nevland

Erling and Alf Inge boarded a flight from Sola to Manchester this morning.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Hope we give him a united shirt to sign and then quickly switch it for a contract at the last second.

tenpoless

To be fair Haaland wasn’t CL top scorer either, but he managed to score good number of goals.
Yeah, Halands is not a CL top scorer, Lewandowski is. And no, Lukaku wasnt top scorer at CL.
I didn't say He is. I asked you was Lukaku a CL top scorer at some point when He was 19? Because Halaand was after 4 match days in CL. Seven goals in four matches, above Robert fecking Lewandowski (even now, He's only 2 behind Lewa). That is an impressive number for someone his age, in such a high level competition.

beacuse he didnt play tier potato austrain league like Halands is. But he scored 17 goals and had 7 assists in PL while he was 19.
Those numbers in how many minutes / matches? If Haaland is only comparable to Lukaku then We might as well never sign a young player anymore out of fear that They'll not live up to expectations. In that case our manager shouldn't be Ole. Just buy old players that's a bit better than Lukaku like Mandzukic. The point of signing youngsters with talents is to develop them further. And to be fair Lukaku type of striker isn't bad, as long as He doesn't have such a horrid first touch and can actually play modern football than hoof football.

SteveCoppellFan

These threads amuse me, assumptions galore :)

Countless pages of back and forth comments about something we have no inside information on.

Sit back, enjoy the festive period and see what happens in January, if and when he makes his decision, then we can discuss the decisions that were made.

btw, hes obviously coming to United, well I assume he is.

NoPace

Yeah, I like the RvN comparison. He was also very strong.
Seems like he's stronger but slower than RVN, maybe better at linking up with teammates? I feel like he'd score a million goals in Serie A somehow but maybe that just means I think he plays like a lot of Italian strikers used to?

Compton22

Knows that he knows nothing.
Haaland's camp must have leaked that to the papers. Maybe means that they're confident that the talks are going to be positive.

The Cat

Will drink milk from your hands
Yeah, Halands is not a CL top scorer, Lewandowski is. And no, Lukaku wasnt top scorer at CL, because he didnt play in CL, beacuse he didnt play tier potato austrain league like Halands is. But he scored 17 goals and had 7 assists in PL while he was 19.

This is just pure lie on ingorace. Your choice. :-)
Can you make some bloody sense please?

Many thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.