Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Handré1990

Seems like he's stronger but slower than RVN, maybe better at linking up with teammates? I feel like he'd score a million goals in Serie A somehow but maybe that just means I think he plays like a lot of Italian strikers used to?
I don’t think he’s slower, quite the opposite. RvN was an artist though, he could score from every angle inside the penalty area with every type of finish.

No Love

OMG we are the worst and so slow at transfers. It was reported 19 minutes ago that he was on his way to Manchester with his father and we haven’t even announced it as a done deal yet.

Liverpool would have confirmed this deal MINUTES ago. Just another poor moment from our inept board.

Sack ‘em all.

VanGaalEra

Feck it, play 4-4-Fecking2 and have him and Martial up front. I don't care if it doesn't work, just line up with it.

VanGaalEra

OMG we are the worst and so slow at transfers. It was reported 19 minutes ago that he was on his way to Manchester with his father and we haven’t even announced it as a done deal yet.

Liverpool would have confirmed this deal MINUTES ago. Just another poor moment from our inept board.

Sack ‘em all.
Trying to hard.

Classical Mechanic

I don’t think he’s slower, quite the opposite. RvN was an artist though, he could score from every angle inside the penalty area with every type of finish.
He's a cross between Lukaku and Mbappe, completely massive with some clear deficiencies but weirdly rapid and with an insatiable desire to score goals.

Romelu Mbappe.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!

Sack ‘em all.
Exactly.

I expect anyone living in or near Manchester are at the airport.

theklr

The dad whose career was ruined by Roy Keane is sending his son to Manchester to join his nemesis' old team. At the same time, the guy who got punched by Roy Keane is reporting it. :keano:
Fjørtoft is STILL thinking he is German-bound when on a plane to Manchester. WTF?

He must be paid by the Haaland's to deliberately give false information, or he is the most ITK i've ever saw.

Or just plain bad at this.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Fjørtoft is STILL thinking he is German-bound when on a plane to Manchester. WTF?

He must be paid by the Haaland's to deliberately give false information, or he is the most ITK i've ever saw.

Is he definitely on a plane to M?

kafta

Perpetual Under 11's Team Player
It never feels like the holiday season without at least one flight tracker link! Announce him already!

Lemansky

Many of these Norwegian pundits can’t stand Premier League or Manchester United. He prefers him to join Dortmund but knows nothing.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Think in a few years Minimino will end up being regarded as the superior signing and further highlight why Pool are where they are and we are where we are
That may happen, but that’s far more down to the clubs make-up at this point in time. Liverpool are well-drilled, cohesive system, sum is greater than the parts type; Manchester United are fairly lifeless, lacking true identity.

Put it the other way — if we signed Minamino and Liverpool signed Haaland, would you still say the same?

Our signings struggle to do well in general, and it can’t always be because they’re not the right player/not good enough.

Meep

Look like it is going down in Newcastle. Great steal to partner Carroll with.

BarstoolProphet

Haaland's camp must have leaked that to the papers. Maybe means that they're confident that the talks are going to be positive.

He's flying Norwegian, which means a regular passenger plane. Probably someone at the airport tipping the media off.

We can't even afford to send a private jet. How far have we fallen?! Liverpool would send a private jet. Because they are the best.

theklr

Is he definitely on a plane to M?
Cant know 100% unless one of our posters are actually on the plane with him, but Norwegian newspapers are very reliable on these types of things.
Its not like we have lots of football stars going through a semi-small airport at any given moment. And both Haaland's at the same time is very unusual/hard to miss.

Only thing i find weird is that they actually had a person at the airport. It has to be either someone not directly affiliated with the newspapers, or that they had some knowledge beforehand.
Norwegian journalists usually just dont stay at airports hoping to pick up something.

Brophs

The One and Only
Probably coming over to see what sort of facilities we have for practising hitting every pissing corner at the first man.

Dante

Average bang

Departed 9 minutes late, and yet is still going to show up 2 minutes early.

Perfect for Ole's quick counter attacking style.

Status
Not open for further replies.