Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suvvernmanc

Sitting hear drinking my first gin and tonic for the day. It just dawned on me that if Haaland is wanting insurances that Ole is going to have a job for the time coming, he should have already made his mind up since any other manager would have been sacked by now.
Just about start my drink of choice, I'm hoping we can get this guy in. I think Martial isn't a 9 more a left forward or 10, we need this man child - good in the air and in the six yard box. Do whats right Ole bring this guy in..
I'm about to start my 12th can of stella. Haaland is ours.. and so is Messi. Happy Hanukkah everybody

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
This could be completely made up, but if it's true that we're offering him 200K a week then the cultural reset plan is bogus.

Hawks2008

This could be completely made up, but if it's true that we're offering him 200K a week then the cultural reset plan is bogus.
I mean, Ole sanctioned Martial and Rashford earning 200k or more and made De Gea the highest payed player in the PL so it always was a load of shit

ash_86

Players on low release clauses are going to demand higher contracts. Throw raiola onto the equation and the figure looks more like customary

mu4c_20le

The plan wasn't to turn us into AC Milan, which is what would happen if we start restricting our spending or the money dries up. We're no longer spending big money on washed up players like Alexis anymore, but as a club we always used to go for the best young talent and hopefully that hasn't changed.

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
The plan wasn't to turn us into AC Milan, which is what would happen if we start restricting our spending or the money dries up. We're no longer spending big money on washed up players like Alexis anymore, but as a club we always used to go for the best young talent and hopefully that hasn't changed.
I think United should be able to attract good talents without having to give out such high wages. For example, I believe Alisson and Salah both came to Liverpool from Roma on 90k per week, which was about double what they were previously making. Salah's wages were quickly doubled again during his first season, but only after he proved himself in the premier league.

Even when United are a bit down, they should be able to beat out clubs like Leipzig and BVB to players based solely on the chance to play in the biggest games for one of the biggest clubs. They shouldnt have to offer a lot more money as well. If Haaland comes to United on 200k and turns out to be merely decent over the next couple years, he will be very difficult to move. It's much easier to simply give him a raise if he comes in on lower wages and does well.

Godfather

Money is the only thing that will attract any top talents to us. So who cares what he will earn as long as we get him.

red_de_pologne

no chance we offered 200k/pw, this would disrupt us if players like James, Greenwood, McTominay outperform him. Anyway, have a feeling he's replacing Mandzukic at Juve

DoomSlayer

We've averaged about £30m NET over the last 4 transfer windows.
I've been saying this since the summer transfer window ended, but a lot of people were adamant that this isn't a major problem.

My bet would be that over the 2 transfer windows in a season, we have about a maximum of a £100 million to spend in total, with outgoing transfers adding to that.

dev1l

According to.Bild, Juventus are attractive to Haaland because of Ronaldo.
Still United and Borussia remain favourites

VeevaVee

The worst "V"
Scout
I've been saying this since the summer transfer window ended, but a lot of people were adamant that this isn't a major problem.

My bet would be that over the 2 transfer windows in a season, we have about a maximum of a £100 million to spend in total, with outgoing transfers adding to that.
It could just be that they don’t want to see hundreds of millions go down the drain again and wanted to see a better recruitment process before spending again. I hope so anyway.

DoomSlayer

It could just be that they don’t want to see hundreds of millions go down the drain again and wanted to see a better recruitment process before spending again. I hope so anyway.
Of course I hope you are right, we need to spend in January, but it needs to be done very wisely.

If Pogba is going to be played as a 10, we need a creative CM, if not, we need a creative CAM, we can't just get Haaland and expect miracles from him.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
According to.Bild, Juventus are attractive to Haaland because of Ronaldo.
Still United and Borussia remain favourites
If as Ole has stated he’s made his mind up then all these stories about ‘ who’s the attractive proposition etc’ are pure conjecture. The kid isn’t an idiot, he’s weighed up all the options by now and we’ll know in a few days

Thank feck it’ll be over

Yakuza_devils

This is dead 100%. Ole already said he knows exactly where Haaland is going. And is very sure about it.

If it's man utd that he's coming to surely Ole will give some hints to bring up the overall mood in the club after 2-0 defeat to Watford.

The boy is going somewhere else.

Art Vandelay

If as Ole has stated he’s made his mind up then all these stories about ‘ who’s the attractive proposition etc’ are pure conjecture. The kid isn’t an idiot, he’s weighed up all the options by now and we’ll know in a few days

Thank feck it’ll be over
What makes you think we will know in a few days? I reckon they will the rip the arse out of it and it will drag on until the summer.

theklr

What makes you think we will know in a few days? I reckon they will the rip the arse out of it and it will drag on until the summer.
Haaland and his team were quite clear that they wanted to move in January as far as I can remember. Think we’ll know 1st of January or before.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Haaland and his team were quite clear that they wanted to move in January as far as I can remember. Think we’ll know 1st of January or before.
Before? Shit, that’s within a week! He’s still on hols

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
This is dead 100%. Ole already said he knows exactly where Haaland is going. And is very sure about it.

If it's man utd that he's coming to surely Ole will give some hints to bring up the overall mood in the club after 2-0 defeat to Watford.

Ole has been very adamant that he is not talking about other teams players one way or another. He's underscored that several times ever since Zidane sat on the podium and essentially told Pogba to come to Real Madrid. It's about respecting the players contract situation, and not least the club he's contracted to.

I mean, RB Salzburg has heavily criticizes RB Leipzigs DOF for speaking about the players situation the way they have. It's just bad class to not respect the contract.

Strelok

no chance we offered 200k/pw, this would disrupt us if players like James, Greenwood, McTominay outperform him. Anyway, have a feeling he's replacing Mandzukic at Juve
Agree, no club in this world aside from some in China and Arab countries could offer this to an unproven 19 years old player.

I mean, Ole sanctioned Martial and Rashford earning 200k or more and made De Gea the highest payed player in the PL so it always was a load of shit
If Martial, Rashford or DDG leave on a free, there'll be clubs like PSG who will offer them 200++ £k a week imo. Even a 30 years old Herrera gets 300 £k a week there fps.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan

:lol: that's your basis?

I’ve heard that we were going to re-sign Michael Keane last summer but this was vetoed by Haaland Snr as he wouldn’t allow the possibility of a Haaland playing in the same team as a Keane as it brought back his PTSD.

This thread is laughable.

Josep Dowling

We literally spent a world record fee for a CB who isn’t even the best CB in his own league. We are still wasting a helluva of money. Some fans act like we are on a tight budget but yet again in the summer we spent £150m, more than any other Premier League club.

The big difference is our scouts, our targets and our negotiation skills are all crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.