Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eriku

Let's sum up what we've seen reported via twitter.

He's a massive Leeds fan.
Ole gave him his break into the first team at Molde hence United is interested.
Roy Keene damn near killed his dad back in the day.
Raiola is not his agent but is an advisor.
Has a low release clause somewhere in the €25m range.
Linked to BvB.
Linked to RB Leipzig due to same owners for both RB clubs. Jesse Marsch states RB Leipzig would be perfect fit.
Ole flies to Norway along with Woodward to meet with the family.
Ole states he knows what Haaland is going to do and Haaland knows what he is going to do.
Romano tweets 4 bids submitted from United, BvB, RB Leipzig, and Juve. He's going to decide soon along with family and Raiola.
United linked with €75m bid and £8m per year wages.
He wants to play, ie be a starter. Asks for assurances from Woodward that Ole will have a job beyond next week.
Haaland signs United shirt at charity event then digs up old pictures of him appearing to sign other shirts to cover up something, or nothing.
Gets on a plane to Manchester but winds up in Copenhagen.
All goes quiet over Christmas.
Tuttosport report Juve bid of €30m and he's set to snub United.
Haaland decides he won't be joining RB Leipzig.

What did I miss? Oh, the Caf loosing their shit because the above must all be true.
He didn’t fly to Norway to meet with Haaland and co, he went to Austria.

dev1l

Haaland close to signing for Borussia Dortmund according to Bild

I have a sneaky feeling that Raiola is playing a game... telling everyone that the player has chosen them.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He looks a top younger player but with martial we’ve got a great number 9 already. I would like us to get somebody else though also.

We either need to stick with Greenwood being the back up 9 for now or get another striker and use him as a right forward.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
feck it Greenwood will be better anyway

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
So about those English journalists.

Kicker also reported that with the release fee, agent fees, signing bonus and wages he will cost close to €100m, so he's probably not nearly as much of a bargain as people were led to believe by the low release clause.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
That's good for him and Dortmund, he will play a lot. If he gets back in good shape, I won't mind Alcacer at United but that's for an other thread.

Thiagoal

Everyone seemed to ignore the massive clue he gave on Twitter about going to Dortmund that I pointed out..

Maybe we backed out of Haaland as a condition of getting Sancho (I wish)

momo83

Massive Snowflake
:yawn::yawn::yawn: So happy we didn’t sign this one. Last thing we need is Lukaku 2.0

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Everyone seemed to ignore the massive clue he gave on Twitter that I pointed out..Maybe we backed out of Haaland as a condition of getting Sancho (I wish)
I said this a while back, but convincing Dortmund to do this wouldn’t be the hard part.

Shark

@NotShark
We have Martial, so it’s all good as long as he stays fit. Other areas need addressing.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Best move for his career by far tbh. Would've been a good signing for us, but I think he's probably much more suited for Dortmund at the moment with their set up for his own development and being in the bundesliga. Rare you see young players not phased by the big money and prestige bigger clubs can offer and go to what is the better developmental spot for them.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Well that hurts as I have no idea who we are to potentially sign now or in summer. Would have been a great addition up top.

Those Dortmund odds look juicy now.
Hope someone made a nice Christmas bonus on that. Was great value at 8/1.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Good move for player and club. Shame we missed out on him as he would have been very good option.

Hopefully we will add someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.