Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Svartzonker

Last Man Standing 2 champion 2022/23
His pressing is very impressive. Workhorse.

I’m starting to believe the hype. Bring him to OT.

432JuanMata

7 goals in 3 and a half CL games with 3 against Napoli and 1 against Pool that is serious for a 19 year old will finish the season with 50+ at this rate

riis

Supports
Liverpool
Only taken 8 penalties in his senior career but has scored every one so far.

Cardboard elk

Supports
Rosenborg
One goal every 38th minute in CL this season.
Also, add to his tally that he has given away many penalties to team mates. He could have had more goals this season if not. Also he has had an injury and been sick so he has recently missed some matches.
Anyways, he is young and nobody knows the future. But he has a skillset and physical attributes that is seriously rare. I believe.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
I can't believe some of these posts calling him a "penalty merchant". Yes, he scores penalties (something we seem to have a hard time doing), but he does a lot more than that. The kid has now scored 7 goals in 4 Champions League matches, not to mention his 12 goals in 11 games in his domestic league this year. Of course, many will point out it's a subpar league but of course those same people will completely ignore his scoring record so far vs Liverpool and Napoli. Haters gonna hate...

Handré1990

I can't believe some of these posts calling him a "penalty merchant". Yes, he scores penalties (something we seem to have a hard time doing), but he does a lot more than that. The kid has now scored 7 goals in 4 Champions League matches, not to mention his 12 goals in 11 games in his domestic league this year. Of course, many will point out it's a subpar league but of course those same people will completely ignore his scoring record so far vs Liverpool and Napoli. Haters gonna hate...
We were both kidding with the pen comments. Huge fan myself.

izec

it was in jest obviously

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
At this rate we might not be able to sign him by end of season. Top Europeans clubs will start a bidding war for him.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
I'm a Molde supporter who's been following Braut closely since he arrived at our club at age 16. I've watched just about every minute of senior football he has played in his career.
Even bought a subscription for Austrian Bundesliga to follow him there.

First the stats:
Since 2018 he has scored 56 goals, plus 13 assists in all competitions.
(Austrian league+cup, Norwegian league+ cup, Europa League qualification, Champions league, Norway, Norway u21/u20/u19).
About 4000 minutes played. Goal every 71 minutes. Goal or assist every 57 minutes.

This season alone he has scored 22, plus 6 assists for his club (Austrian league, cup and Champions League) in 1042 minutes.
Goal every 47. minute. Goal or assist every 37 minutes (!).
(transfermarkt.com/erling-haaland/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/418560)

Insane numbers, even if most of the goals are from smaller leagues. Especially considering these numbers where achieved while Braut was aged 17 to 19.
But lets forget about his stats, because his skills are just as impressive.

You've all seen his huge frame. 194 cm and strong as a bull. Koulibaly (the Napoli defender known for his physical strength) was out-muscled last week when RBS played Napoli.
Unreal strength for a kid that turned 19 a couple of months ago.

I saw someone in this thread claiming he's got decent speed. Wrong. He is lightning fast. (Check out his 36 km/h run: twitter.com/ChriboEn/status/1188552414355492864)
Combine his extreme pace with his superior strength, and you got an unstoppable freight train, tearing through the oppositions defense (as seen in the twitter link above).

Luckily for Braut, his movement is world class. His runs in behind the defense lines are always timed to perfection,
and combined with his pace and strengt, he has got himself a lethal combination.
His movement inside the box is also impressive. He finds the right position, and again, with his superior streng and size, is really difficult to defend against.
So: a low defensive line- he will outsmart you in the box. A high pressing defense- he will outrun you.

Finishing: Excellent. Was pretty wild in front of goal when he first arrived at Molde, but made huge progress under the guidance of Ole, and he's now got great composure.
Prefers the left foot, but also got a solid shot in his right foot.

Technical skills: He might look a bit clumsy with those long legs, but his technique is surprisingly efficient. Has made huge improvement since he arrived at Molde, when he looked very rough and had a Lukaku-ish first touch. Much better now. He is no Messi, but he keeps improving his technical skills, and it's not something that is holding his game back.

Heading: Surprisingly, given his height and strength, he is pretty average in the air. Timing issue. With his explosiveness, smart movement in the box and his size, he really should have the potential to be world class in the air, and I know its something he has been working a lot on to improve.

And hey, as a bonus for this United team: His penalties are great.

Surprised to see many of you guys labeling him a poacher. He can be that too, but belive me, his skill set and playing style goes far beyond a classic poacher.
He will be banging in goals for one of the giant clubs for the next 15 years. RB Salzburg is his stepping stone club, next club WILL BE one of the giants.
Solskjær is the magic ticket for getting Braut to Man Utd. He has talked a lot of his good relationship with Ole, and still calls Ole for advice. This means you actually have a good chance of signing him. But if you sit on the fence, he will be out of your league once the summer window has passed. You'll be beating your head against a wall for the next decade if you don't make en effort to sign him up. He is the real deal.

Well, that was my take on Braut. Here is good and accurate scout report, if you don't trust the words of a somewhat biased (?) Molde fan:
totalfootballanalysis.com/player-analysis/erling-braut-haland-2019-20-scout-report-tactical-analysis-tactics
They stole your post on Bluemoon. :lol:

I think they don't even have enough posters on that forum.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
At this rate we might not be able to sign him by end of season. Top Europeans clubs will start a bidding war for him.
We'd have a good chance if we're interested. Of course so would other top European teams. I don't think it would be easy for him to be automatic starter for Barcelona (Suarez/Griezmann), Bayern (Lewandwski) or Madrid (Benzema/Jovic). Were the one big club whose number 9 is not really sorted. Martial is scoring at a good rate this season but Haaland being part of a two pronged strikeforce is ideal for both club and the players.

SweetRightFoot

I’m sorry but you can’t just have one foot as a striker and number 9 at the top club, especially in EPL. He doesn’t leave opponents guessing and would be figured by the defenders pretty quickly around here imo as he always turns to his left with his back to the goal in this video. You can have a preference but not to this extent and not a single quality finish with his right foot is rather concerning. We would be mad to pay 60m for this very young lad at this stage.
YouTube: search

'right foot Messi strikes'

'left foot Ronaldo belters'

''right foot Robben curlers'

'left foot Beckham top corner'

> 0 results

:lol:

We really, really, need to buy him.

Personally I'd throw 60m at them in January, maybe even come back with a second bid with heaps of performance add ons too. Proper turn his head and let him know, football men and money men here want him.

Even if they don't accept, he'll play the rest of the season knowing where he's going in the summer and no other club will be able to poach him away.

Last edited:

Cliche Guevara

Which was made so blantantly clear by your use of emoji's and other indicators people use when they are being sarcastic...:lol::p:D:devil:
Or other people are grown adults with a reasonable understanding of how language works.

It seems there is an increasing number of posters with a sense of humour bypass who do not understand sarcasm at all.

Handré1990

Or other people are grown adults with a reasonable understanding of how language works.

It seems there is an increasing number of posters with a sense of humour bypass who do not understand sarcasm at all.
A little harsh there chief. There are a lot of stupid posts on this forum, some exactly like the ones we were parodying, that’s what makes it amusing, no? :)

Eric's Seagull

Seems decent from what I've seen. If the fee is €60m, that could turn out to be a bargain as we could have him here for 10 years. Hope the fact that he has played under Ole could sway it in our favour.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

I like 9 and 13. Sheer determination, the ball simply has to cross the line one way or another.

Alfie092

Huge potential and won't come cheap especially with the hype surrounding him and with all the supposedly big clubs after him, clubs that are currently more successful than us should I say, we will definitely have to pay top money for him.

Is a gamble as it's not guarantee to work out like most of our signings post Sir Alex Ferguson :lol: but it will be a risk worth taking considering his potential. Would hate to see him tear it apart for another top club :mad:

If the interest in him is genuine surely we are doing work behind the scenes to obtain either in January or in the summer? Would the fact that Ole is Norwegian and has already coached him be a factor in him wanting to join us over other clubs?

Mark Pawelek

Huge potential
Or hype
and won't come cheap
£86m
especially with the hype surrounding him
Much of it written by you

This is more of the big swinging dicks school of football which brought us Maguire for £80m. Remember him? The player we were told would score us 6 goals/season from corners.

Meanwhile - away from masturbation fantasies - back to the stats - Haaland makes just 19 passes per game with a pass completion rate of just 61% - which will get worse in the PL. He wins just ½ an arial per game despite his massive height of 195cm. He doesn't really tackle nor intercept - so no defending from the front.

Castia

Or hype
£86m
Much of it written by you

This is more of the big swinging dicks school of football which brought us Maguire for £80m. Remember him? The player we were told would score us 6 goals/season from corners.

Meanwhile - away from masturbation fantasies - back to the stats - Haaland makes just 19 passes per game with a pass completion rate of just 61% - which will get worse in the PL. He wins just ½ an arial per game despite his massive height of 195cm. He doesn't really tackle nor intercept - so no defending from the front.
Would help if we could actually put in a decent ball. Our corners and crossing in general is piss poor.

You know it’s bad when Pereira puts in a couple of good corners in one game and gets huge praise for it.

chb23

My worry is that in his goals video he gets put into some real good positions to have a crack on goal. We barely create 2 chances in this team... :/

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
The things he’s great at, you can’t teach, and the things he’s not so great at will be coached to a higher level at a better team (yes even by our so called idiot coaches).

I’d have no hesitation spending £50m for him. He’s shown as much as Wan Bissaka if you include this seasons CL performances. He could be our no.9 for 10 yrs and I’d feel more comfortable with him playing through the middle than both “Rashy” and Martial.

think he could do with a clever player behind him though. He works really well with Hwang (who I rate just as highly).
Fred cost us 50m from Russian League. And so does AWB from Crystal Palace with one season at PL. Also if I were him, I wouldn't come to United at this moment. The manager could change, the owner could change, the team is in shamble. All we have to offer is a gigantic wage, maybe close to Rashy and Martial, who many aren't satisfied with them now.

And we have too many "prospects" on the book already. I'd like us to go back to the Fergie era, where we have one or two established older strikers (in terms of maturity with stable performance). Then have one or two prospects, allow them room to breath and slowly learn their trait with senior strikers are still there. Just like when we had Rooney and Ronaldo, with Ruud, Saha, and Smith as seniors.

But maybe it's too much to ask from the current management under Ed.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He has now scored 26 penalties in a row. The last penalty he missed was at U16 level.
Not a surprise, his penalty run up isn't obvious and his shooting is confident.

Take his penalty last night, he ran up, did a fake to shoot in the left and then swapped to the right. The keeper went with the fake.

Compare it to how Rashford takes his. He looks, starts his run up, looks again, does a shuffle then shoots in the same corner. By that point the keeper is already moving and ready.

Eriku

Not a surprise, his penalty run up isn't obvious and his shooting is confident.

Take his penalty last night, he ran up, did a fake to shoot in the left and then swapped to the right. The keeper went with the fake.

Compare it to how Rashford takes his. He looks, starts his run up, looks again, does a shuffle then shoots in the same corner. By that point the keeper is already moving and ready.
Yeah, he's definitely found a technique that he's very confident in executing. Norwegian media interviewed the goalie who saved his pen back in the day, who said that he went up to Håland, said which way he was going to dive and asked him which way he was going to shoot. What happened was that Håland slipped and the ball trickled easily towards the goalie :lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Yeah, he's definitely found a technique that he's very confident in executing. Norwegian media interviewed the goalie who saved his pen back in the day, who said that he went up to Håland, said which way he was going to dive and asked him which way he was going to shoot. What happened was that Håland slipped and the ball trickled easily towards the goalie :lol:
:lol: psyched him out clearly. That'll be a story for the grand children!

Status
Not open for further replies.