Erling Haaland / signs for Dortmund

Status
Not open for further replies.

Resch

By the way Daka would be a cheap and fast offensive weapon. Is used to be a bench player, scores every 50 mintues.....

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
So we are not competing for trophies so shouldn't sign players to make squad stronger?

BSilva is playing as a winger, they have Sterling ,Sane who plays as winger. BSilva plays as AM/CM hybrid just like DSila. In our case, Martial and Rashford plays in multiple positions.

When we signed Berba, it wasn't forgone conclusion that Tevez won't be signed.

Having stronger squad isn't a problem.
Agreed. I had that thread about our weak attack. We need another winger, an AM, and main striker. I'm just not sure whether we need to spend 60m on another "prospect". I want us to buy a ready made striker and become the main striker to replace Martial; instead of rotating between Haaland and Martial, and see who's not on his period this week thus being inconsistent.

Last edited:

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
In The Athletic today, David Ornstein mentioned that he is a City fan and is a member of a Norweigan Man City fan group on Facebook but recently had to come off because he was getting bombarded with messages saying "sign for City" and all that.

MyOnlySolskjaer

Creator of Player Performance threads
Don't think fans are as loyal as they used to be, NBA mentality is spreading. Players just want to play for the best teams. If there's an opportunity to play for PSG or City he'll take it.

Alabaster Codify7

yeah, because manager wants weaker squad :houllier: and loves working with poor quality players.

Well then maybe he shouldn't be so blatantly 'happy' with the squad, then. There are ways of letting the fans know you wanted further reinforcements without completely kicking off a la Jose. Pochettino in particular has made comments previously that suggested he was unhappy with the transfer situation but didn't 'bus' anyone.

Ole just comes across as a lottery winner, happy to be there, unwilling to make any kind of comment that might compromise his job in the eyes of his masters. A sockpuppet.

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Well then maybe he shouldn't be so blatantly 'happy' with the squad, then. There are ways of letting the fans know you wanted further reinforcements without completely kicking off a la Jose. Pochettino in particular has made comments previously that suggested he was unhappy with the transfer situation but didn't 'bus' anyone.

Ole just comes across as a lottery winner, happy to be there, unwilling to make any kind of comment that might compromise his job in the eyes of his masters. A sockpuppet.
Or he can deal with everything internally. That’s one option too.

mu4c_20le

Weird logic. SAF also had nothing but positives to say about our american owners, does that make him a sock puppet and lottery winner? I'd rather our united managers not be whinging, moany cnuts.

Handré1990

Few things go against it, he was born in Leeds and grew up a Leeds fan. Keane ended his father's career

However, he would play under Ole again, who would trust him up front. Turning down the biggest team in the premier league would be hard, and he's stated he wants to play in the premier league.

Also $$$
Only two of those things are true, care to guess which statement is false?

Stookie

Nurse bell end
Unfortunately United are in a position where they have to take a bit of a gamble. Or another club will be in for him.

Handré1990

Agreed. I had that thread about our weak attack. We need another winger, an AM, and main striker. I'm just not sure whether we need to spend 60m on another "prospect". I want us to buy a ready made striker and become the main striker to replace Martial; instead of rotating between Haaland and Martial, and see who's not on his period this week thus being inconsistent.
Around and around we go. The point is, we won’t be signing Lewandowski, Cavani, or any other ready made goalmachine, because why would they come here, now? If this kid is the next big thing, we have to take a chance. Suarez came to Liverpool from Ajax, Mané from Southampton and Firmino from Hoffenheim. None of those were guaranteed to become such massive successes. They really weren’t in a position to sign any of the ‘sure’ bets.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Around and around we go. The point is, we won’t be signing Lewandowski, Cavani, or any other ready made goalmachine, because why would they come here, now? If this kid is the next big thing, we have to take a chance. Suarez came to Liverpool from Ajax, Mané from Southampton and Firmino from Hoffenheim. None of those were guaranteed to become such massive successes. They really weren’t in a position to sign any of the ‘sure’ bets.
Hah? Suarez, Mane, and Firmino were not 18 y.o. prospect. They came as ready made and were expected as starter. Do we sign this Haaland as starter? or are we signing him as another "one for the future" that we shouldn't "expect to be ready for another 5 years" but with gigantic wages like Martial?

Hughie77

If it's €60 million then it's a must buy, if he wants to come, the issues are always if they want to come, does he want or need to come to a club, which is in a bit of disarray .

Only plus point is hes going to play regular if he does come to OT, and if he scores goals which has showed he can at top level, then it maybe the opportunity for him to become a star at OT.
Also UTD are in need of a top striker and he fits the bill of young players which is the road Oles going down.

Handré1990

Hah? Suarez, Mane, and Firmino were not 18 y.o. prospect. They came as ready made and were expected as starter. Do we sign this Haaland as starter? or are we signing him as another "one for the future" that we shouldn't "expect to be ready for another 5 years" but with gigantic wages like Martial?
Guess we have differing views on ready made. Hindsight is a beautiful thing, though.

Suarez was older, sure, but he’d only done it in the Dutch league, and as you well know a lot of those didn’t make it elsewhere. Maybe you watched a lot of Ajax back then to be able to conclude he was ready made, maybe not. All I know is this is one of those discussions had all the time on the caf, and guess what, it’s all guesswork until we have empirical evidence.

Mané is another one where the caf was split in the middle as to whether he was hot or not. Firmino, back when Liverpool bought him, a sure thing? Give me a break.

So what if he doesn’t make it? His numbers and perfomances over the last year, across all the levels he’s played at, suggests we’d at the very least recoup most of the sum we’d spend on him, since you seem so taken by the pricing proces. He’d never sign on wages close to Martial, so that’s a strawman if I ever saw one.

What else you got?

Last edited:
This is a really good compilation video, that shows more of his skills, passing, link-up play, etc- not only his goal. Recommended viewing (especially for those of you who think he is nothing but a poacher):

Last edited by a moderator:

Scholsey2004

Looks a really fantastic prospect. Dribbles in a way you don't typically see from big centre forwards. Almost Sancho like at times.

Shark

@NotShark
If it's €60 million then it's a must buy, if he wants to come, the issues are always if they want to come, does he want or need to come to a club, which is in a bit of disarray .

Only plus point is hes going to play regular if he does come to OT, and if he scores goals which has showed he can at top level, then it maybe the opportunity for him to become a star at OT.
Also UTD are in need of a top striker and he fits the bill of young players which is the road Oles going down.
This idea that Ole just needs a striker is complete gash. We could have Messi up top and we’ll still struggle to score goals as we’re not being coached properly.

Sterling Archer

Wow. Meth Damon on steroids. What are they feeding him. A real specimen. Powers through defenses like a rhino. We should buy him and unleash him in the Premier League...

manuchamp88

This is a really good compilation video, that shows more of his skills, passing, link-up play, etc- not only his goal. Recommended viewing (especially for those of you who think he is nothing but a poacher):

Got a lot in his game. Looks worth the hype. The only thing I would say is (and I'm by no means an expert) is that he looks like he could do with some work with a sprinter. His technique is...unusual.

mav_9me

This idea that Ole just needs a striker is complete gash. We could have Messi up top and we’ll still struggle to score goals as we’re not being coached properly.
Useless post but I think he literally is the only guy who would transcend bad coaching/systems and score wherever he is. Especially in regular week to week soccer unlike national team.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Looks fantastic from the clips. But I imagine there will be a lot of clubs after his signature which will make it s challenge.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
With his physical attributes and his talent, he can play in any league, at any level. He has the x-factor.

Mcking

I could see this lad reaching Lewandowski's level in a good team or at least Higuain's level. He looks like the complete striker, and I wouldn't hesitate to gamble €60m on him.

Suvvernmanc

The kid is a beast. He's massive, yet he can run too. The more I see of him I want him.

Hes dropping deep to pick up the ball and bringing other players in from wide areas. Him along side 2 of Martial, Rashford and on James would absolutely work.

The White Pele

Looks to have “a good touch for a big man”.

if he’s available for a reasonable price then I’m absolutely in favour of this signing from what I’ve seen.

He appears to be an archetypal target man that we don’t currently have. Would be competition for our current options rather than relegating them to the bench, which seems the right way to go.

Similar to the James signing where we’re not necessarily getting a world class talent but adding qualities to our attack that are definitely missing.

Not sure how much of a factor the “Ole connection” is but hopefully gives us an advantage.

Flanders Devil

Good skills and finishing! The one thing I can’t figure out from this is if he’s positioning is excellent and he finds space or if the defenders are horrible in that league.

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I absolutely agree our biggest issue is we don't create enough chances, and our top priority is getting in some more creativity - an upgrade in the no.10 position (if Ole is insistent on sticking with these formations) is especially a must.

But we can't rely on Martial/Rashford/Greenwood to get the goals. We clearly need another option up front. Not necessarily a big target man like Mandzukic, (City and Liverpool seem to do just fine without one), but another goal scorer is needed.

This lad looks the part, but I don't think the Ole connection will be enough to make it happen. City will be front of the queue I reckon.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Got a lot in his game. Looks worth the hype. The only thing I would say is (and I'm by no means an expert) is that he looks like he could do with some work with a sprinter. His technique is...unusual.
He’s absolutely rapid. Whatever he’s doing, he should keep doing it!

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I swear certain posters on here would turn down prime Messi because 'that will hinder Greenwood and Chong's development'.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I swear certain posters on here would turn down prime Messi because 'that will hinder Greenwood and Chong's development'.
True. Just play the kids according to some. These guys need to go out on loan and get some experience.

Adamsk7

The things he’s great at, you can’t teach, and the things he’s not so great at will be coached to a higher level at a better team (yes even by our so called idiot coaches).

I’d have no hesitation spending £50m for him. He’s shown as much as Wan Bissaka if you include this seasons CL performances. He could be our no.9 for 10 yrs and I’d feel more comfortable with him playing through the middle than both “Rashy” and Martial.

think he could do with a clever player behind him though. He works really well with Hwang (who I rate just as highly).

lysglimt

Scout
Well no - no problem scoring with Messi. But I see your point - though at the same time, it's pretty obvious that if we had a Kane or a Aubameyang we would probably have 7-8 Points more.

But people make it sound like we are completely doomed - but in reality if we get ONE quality midfielder in - and Pogba - we are suddenly a completely different team. We won't be Liverpool or City - but we can match all other teams.

It does require a quality midfielder though - because if we have Pogba and someone else who can pick a pass - with James, Rashford and Martial up front - we can tear more or less every team to shreds on the counter.

poleglass red

Well no - no problem scoring with Messi. But I see your point - though at the same time, it's pretty obvious that if we had a Kane or a Aubameyang we would probably have 7-8 Points more.

But people make it sound like we are completely doomed - but in reality if we get ONE quality midfielder in - and Pogba - we are suddenly a completely different team. We won't be Liverpool or City - but we can match all other teams.

It does require a quality midfielder though - because if we have Pogba and someone else who can pick a pass - with James, Rashford and Martial up front - we can tear more or less every team to shreds on the counter.

That's the important part, we need another creative midfielder in addition to Pogba to provide to our strikers. There's a mindset amongst some supporters that once Pogba comes back we will be okay. We know that he is our only creative spark from central mid, but too often we've seen teams good and bad shut him down. Once they do, we've nothing, another creative mid lessens the burden on him and picks up the slack when Pogba drifts out of games as he does. He needs help esp against teams that park the bus, where our lack of creativity is more highligted. Better teams like Chelsea and Liverpool don't do that so our lack of creativity isn't as obvious v them, and we can use our counter attack against them

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The things he’s great at, you can’t teach, and the things he’s not so great at will be coached to a higher level at a better team (yes even by our so called idiot coaches).

I’d have no hesitation spending £50m for him. He’s shown as much as Wan Bissaka if you include this seasons CL performances. He could be our no.9 for 10 yrs and I’d feel more comfortable with him playing through the middle than both “Rashy” and Martial.

think he could do with a clever player behind him though. He works really well with Hwang (who I rate just as highly).
Yeah I was under the impression that he was very limited in is game and pretty much a physically strong finisher. But he seems pretty quick and appears to have a strong all round game as well. Like Sancho, seems like a must buy player. Although I'm going off highlights. Has to be said that there are not many quality CFs available which is why signing the next top one makes so much sense. And having him and Martial will make not having an established striker a less of a problem.

Obiorahking_

I'm so sorry bout if the fee is 85 million as touted then maybe 10 men would be preferable. Can't just keep taking gambles like these. I am very intrigued by him as a prospect but cmon

Status
Not open for further replies.