Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericholyte2

According to Catalunya radio,Raiola and Haaland's father asked for 40 million in commissions, 20 million for each, and 30 million net for the player
So €40m in agents fees, €575k a week after tax, then whatever fee Dortmund would be demanding...

SAFMUTD

So €40m in agents fees, €575k a week after tax, then whatever fee Dortmund would be demanding...

So basically 200M between agent fees and Dortmund and being the third best paid player in the world besides Messi, Cristiano and Neymar. Good luck finding that in covid times.

Only Barca will cave in at that, after borrowing another 500m from a Catalan bank.

Dont see Perez paying up in this environment at your club.
Barto Barca maybe, but will Laporta continue with that kind of nonsense?

If there is any merit in these demands, I expect a lot of clubs to take a step back from this deal. Ludicrous.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Sometimes I get twisted on currency exchanges and different tax regimes, but that really sounds like a high salary.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
This is what I'd expect from Raiola. Adding to that 120-150m asking price from Dortmund, that would be over 200m investment, for a player who doesn't seem wishing to stay at a club for very long.

Question being, is it too much, especially in COVID market, for a very young player who will guarantee you 40 goals a season, but with rather limited footballing.
And the rest.

€125m fee
€40m agents fee
€365m wages (€30m (net) x 5 year contract + taxes - if he has to do PAYE+NI)

So that is potentially €530m or £452m (approx.) For 5 years.

Not going to happen. PSG are the only ones that may do something like that. That said, I am not sure if these figures are true. If they are, then Håland won't be moving this year.

Last edited:

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
Sometimes I get twisted on currency exchanges and different tax regimes, but that really sounds like a high salary.
It is around £500k a week (net) give or take. If you add the tax of 45% income tax and NI contributions of 12%, you're looking at £1.2m a week. However, not sure what happens with footballers and their taxes as they may be able to avoid PAYE.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Isn't there some law that is passing to cap agent fees? Because this is getting ridiculous and it's badly needed in the game.

He'sRaldo

Isn't there some law that is passing to cap agent fees? Because this is getting ridiculous and it's badly needed in the game.
I'm curios though, the money will still be there so where else to people want it to go? Because it's not a guarantee it will always go back into the players or even the club.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
This is what I'd expect from Raiola. Adding to that 120-150m asking price from Dortmund, that would be over 200m investment, for a player who doesn't seem wishing to stay at a club for very long.

Question being, is it too much, especially in COVID market, for a very young player who will guarantee you 40 goals a season, but with rather limited footballing.
For those prices you have to get him on a 6+1 with ownership of his image rights and no clauses otherwise they've got your pants round your ankles.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I'm curios though, the money will still be there so where else to people want it to go? Because it's not a guarantee it will always go back into the players or even the club.
Not sure what you mean by that, the overall fees will be lowered because agents asking for 20% should never be okay or allowed. The clubs will still receive the fee they want, and the player will get his wages and the agent should get a small percentage of that for their efforts. But to dictate some crazy fee, regardless of the transfer value is a problem. I don't know if it's true or just media bs, but I read that Raiola made some 20m for bringing Haaland to Dortmund. I hope it's bs because it's not like Dortmund paid a ton of money to go and Raiola's fee was reported to be close to the fee of actually bringing the player to the club. Hope someone can tell me I'm wrong on this.

dinostar77

According to Catalunya radio,Raiola and Haaland's father asked for 40 million in commissions, 20 million for each, and 30 million net for the player
Walk away quickly. Far far away. Let him have another season at dortmund then at least you know the transfer fee is fixed plus there could ve a overall drop in his performance, we don't know, the figures might come down to something realistic. Only a truly idiotic club would go anywhere near that

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
Walk away quickly. Far far away. Let him have another season at dortmund then at least you know the transfer fee is fixed plus there could ve a overall drop in his performance, we don't know, the figures might come down to something realistic. Only a truly idiotic club would go anywhere near that
Surely he knows that no one is going to pay that. He would be at the level of Neymar or Cristiano, however something in a range of 15-20 would be much more reasonable.
I think Mbappé went to Paris earning 18?.
We can try to avoid it but the reality is that such an exciting and devastating forward has not appeared in years.
His performance may decline a bit, but early numbers in the Champions League are usually a good indication.
If his father is doing a tour it is because he wants to be convinced, now,not in a year.
Despite the demands and commissions, I think they will base their decision on a good sports project.
Unless someone shows up with 30 million, unbalancing the scales too much

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
Surely he knows that no one is going to pay that. He would be at the level of Neymar or Cristiano, however something in a range of 15-20 would be much more reasonable.
I think Mbappé went to Paris earning 18?.
We can try to avoid it but the reality is that such an exciting and devastating forward has not appeared in years.
His performance may decline a bit, but early numbers in the Champions League are usually a good indication.
If his father is doing a tour it is because he wants to be convinced, now,not in a year.
Despite the demands and commissions, I think they will base their decision on a good sports project.
Unless someone shows up with 30 million, unbalancing the scales too much
Those are some figures RAC1 are leaking, and RAC1 have direct link with Barcelona. They are surely interested in raising the total fee as much as possible if Real Madrid and City are the biggest candidates (typical Laporta), and even if the demands were true it does not mean anyone is going to pay all that especially during a pandemic. Also let's not forget Dortmund will also want to get their fair share as well.

Matriac

Those are some figures RAC1 are leaking, and RAC1 have direct link with Barcelona. They are surely interested in raising the total fee as much as possible if Real Madrid and City are the biggest candidates (typical Laporta), and even if the demands were true it does not mean anyone is going to pay all that especially during a pandemic. Also let's not forget Dortmund will also want to get their fair share as well.

Yeah the numbers are probably inflated by all sides.

Gotta remember that this is an opening request. Doesn't mean they won't accept less. It's them telling clubs to make your offers in this region, but maybe 10/15 in fees and 20-25 salary. Gotta remember that probably includes imagerights as well that is often not reported in some salarytotals.

It's also possible they asked for more from Barcelona than other clubs cause they might not be Haaland's first choice from a sporting sense.

Acheron

Supports
Real Madrid
This must be fake, otherwise those demands are outrageous but again is Barcelona so they could testing waters seeing how Barcelona tends to overpay their players.

Crashoutcassius

If we think we can't get him, and barce can't afford / city won't break their policy / Dortmund won't make CL, can we pay Madrid 100m for some nice players to facilitate their bid. They are a good org for a fire sale when they need to sign the next big thing

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
As much as Raiola might seem to be a dick of most of us, if he is then why do so many players hire him. Answer, he gets top deals or them. If I was in a job where an agent could get me more security, better pay etc, why would I use Johnny Nobody instead?
The top earners in the world use Raiola? Hmmmm.

red thru&thru

Just seems like Barca have been told no from Håland camp and Barca trying to do bad mouth Håland

Brophs

The One and Only
I have no idea if those figures are correct, but isn't it just as likely that Laporta has used this apparent interest in Haaland during the election in the same way he did the interest in Beckham all those years ago and now it's time to lay the ground for why they're not going to sign the player.

lysglimt

Scout
I dont believe those numbers for a second - but if even half of it is true, then we can manage nicely without Haaland.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
The demands are insane, but honestly im not shocked, this is the sort of game Raoila plays, no wonder everyone hates dealing with him.

Tapori

And the rest.

€125m fee
€40m agents fee
€365m wages (€30m (net) x 5 year contract + taxes - if he has to do PAYE+NI)

So that is potentially €530m or £452m (approx.) For 5 years.

Not going to happen. PSG are the only ones that may do something like that. That said, I am not sure if these figures are true. If they are, then Håland won't be moving this year.
Will any marketing experts in sports be able to quantify the possible return on that?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Lots of shots being fired between the bald feck and the fat feck recently :drool:

Matriac

Lots of shots being fired between the bald feck and the fat feck recently :drool:

Don't think that was particularly about Raiola.. do they have any players other than Haaland repped by him now?

Pep was just commenting on how they constantly sign young quality players, like Sancho who came from the City Academy.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
If we think we can't get him, and barce can't afford / city won't break their policy / Dortmund won't make CL, can we pay Madrid 100m for some nice players to facilitate their bid. They are a good org for a fire sale when they need to sign the next big thing
Who would.you buy from Real for £100m? Even a combination of players.

Varane. Too late for Kroos and Benzema now. That's about it for me.

OleBoiii

So if we sell everyone and play Haaland and 10 random Caf posters this suddenly becomes realistic.

I'm gonna play left wing! Btw, my left foot is useless and I never track back.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
DOrtmund can afford to over pay for young players in terms of wages and agent fees. They know they will get their return in the not too distant future.

carvajal

Supports
Real Madrid
So if we sell everyone and play Haaland and 10 random Caf posters this suddenly becomes realistic.

I'm gonna play left wing! Btw, my left foot is useless and I never track back.
Me too, but my left was a glove :D
Don't be so humble. United can afford that, and much more.
Simply selling Pogba would free up a lot of money, and the squad is valuable. You can sell and get a lot of money.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Will any marketing experts in sports be able to quantify the possible return on that?
I don't think he has a huge marketing value or potential yet, there's currently only 8m followers in his instagram account. For comparison, Ronaldo has 260m followers, Messi has 190m followers, Neymar has 140m followers, Mbappe has 49m, and Pogba has 43m. Even if he joined us and become huge success, there's no guarantee his numbers may grow by alot.. For example, Bruno only currently has 4m followers even after being a huge success here, Rashford, another biggest star in our team, only has less than 10m followers, so its not guarantee his numbers may grow by alot.

Bottom line is, he looks ugly, and his football isn't very appealing, despite his huge goalscoring impact.

So, commercially he probably wouldn't offer us anything extra. But if he could guarantee 40+ goals for us every season, then maybe we would have higher chances to progress further in CL and winning trophies too. That would bring us more income for sure.

Last edited:

Matriac

I don't think he has a huge marketing value or potential yet, there's currently only 8m followers in his instagram account. For comparison, Ronaldo has 260m followers, Messi has 190m followers, Neymar has 140m followers, Mbappe has 49m, and Pogba has 43m. Even if he joined us and become huge success, there's no guarantee his numbers may grow by alot.. For example, Bruno only currently has 4m followers even after being a huge success here, Rashford, another biggest star in our team, only has less than 10m followers, so its not guarantee his numbers may grow by alot.

Bottom line is, he looks ugly, and his football isn't very appealing, despite his huge goalscoring impact.

So, commercially he probably wouldn't offer us anything extra. But if he guarantee 40+ goals for us every season, then maybe we would have higher chances to progress further in CL and winning trophies too. That would bring us more income for sure.
He's already doing commercials for Samsung and their new phones. If he goes to a club like United his followers will grow massively, but also his indirect followersphere (i'm not unique, but I follow zero players on SoMe even if I'm definitely in the targetgroup.)

Winning trophies would help lift him to the next level. Doing so at United is probably the best possible scenario for his growth.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

So, commercially he probably wouldn't offer us anything extra. But if he could guarantee 40+ goals for us every season, then maybe we would have higher chances to progress further in CL and winning trophies too. That would bring us more income for sure.
That's your bottom line? :lol:

He will be a big hit commercially if he doesn't go off the rails and treads the line more carefully between being this goofy spirited guy and a diva. I don't think any of us have any idea what he's going through to be the center of the football world at his age, there's very few players that have gone through that. He's got more personality than other CFs of his style, who aren't commercial successes, and I think that will carry him a long way.

CM

I really hope so. Whether these numbers are true or not, the amounts of money agents can make off transfers are absolutely obscene.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I really hope so. Whether these numbers are true or not, the amounts of money agents can make off transfers are absolutely obscene.
I don't know why I ask any questions when we have google, so here is the new law they're trying to pass to cap agent fees at 10% of the transfer fee, which is still outrageously high, but better than what we've seen. Whether they can pass it is another matter, apparently they've been trying to do this for some time unsuccessfully.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
The demands are insane, but honestly im not shocked, this is the sort of game Raoila plays, no wonder everyone hates dealing with him.
This is precisely why it's not worth having him here at United. He is only 20 so you can be sure that Raiola will be pulling this stunt when Haaland's coming to 25 - 27y.o for his last big payout on the kid.

Footballing-wise, he is Lukaku with a great first touch. Sancho would be a better get considering his ability to play across the front 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.