Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReallyUSA

There was no way that would be even on the table. Imagine going to an indebted Barcelona to tell them to go more in debt, or even to Madrid dealing with their money issues and having a lot invested in the future.

Tarrou

if anyone is crazy enough to spend that kinda money in a pandemic its our Ed

Mindhunter

He is being whored around and will go to the highest bidder basically. At least this way you really know what you need to do to get him to come here i.e., pay Raiola and his father insane amounts of money on top of the ridiculous transfer fee that Dortmund will demand. I don't want that circus at our club for sure. It will be Sanchez all over again with out top earners getting unsettled looking at the kind of money Haaland will make.

I also believe that they won't sell this year. They will miss out on CL qualification and losing a few million quid on his value will result in a huge payoff if he gets them into the top 4 next season.

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
Does anyone think that while his goal scoring record is immense, the German league's overall defensive weakness might be boosting his return?

Like if he comes to the UK, he will not be as prolific?

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Does anyone think that while his goal scoring record is immense, the German league's overall defensive weakness might be boosting his return?

I think it is, he is a valuable player but I really dont think he is going to end up putting 150 mil worth performances in the UK.

If anything Bundesliga and specifically Dortmund players have been good but significantly overvalued.

I'm slightly worried about Haaland - however he has had good CL performances which has not always been the case with other Dortmund players. Add the fact that Ole wanted him before his hype grew another level in the Bundesliga- then it calms my worries down a bit.

It's possible, but he combines physical prowess with technical ability, finishing and movement. He probably not going to be quite as prolific but if anybody can make the jump it should be him.

dinostar77

Riola has a 20% sell on fee clause in the contract that haaland signed. So 20% of any transfer goes to riola. This was one of the main reasons we pulled out before he went to dortmund. Utd felt that this sort of clause would be opening pandoras box and set a bad precident in football and for utd especially. Plus it then means the agent wants to move his player on asap to get his cut of the future fee. Dortmund went ahead and agreed to it anyway. Idiots.

Its in riola's financial interests to sell him this summer. He will make more money this summer than next summer.

It will be interesting to see where he goes as hes quote "an individualist" player who the teams needs to be built around to get the best out of him. Funnily enough, Utd under Ole would suit his skills more (hit on break with fast transitions) than City or Madrid where he may not be the focal point. (Duncan Castles The Transfer Window Podcast).

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
And the rest.

€125m fee
€40m agents fee
€365m wages (€30m (net) x 5 year contract + taxes - if he has to do PAYE+NI)

So that is potentially €530m or £452m (approx.) For 5 years.

Not going to happen. PSG are the only ones that may do something like that. That said, I am not sure if these figures are true. If they are, then Håland won't be moving this year.
Nobody in this climate will pay that. I feel like all the big teams need to hold firm and make the Haalands and the agent temper their expectations

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I also believe that they won't sell this year. They will miss out on CL qualification and losing a few million quid on his value will result in a huge payoff if he gets them into the top 4 next season.
The bloke is so obsessed with the CL that he listens to the anthem first thing in the morning and also in his car throughout the day. He'd start questioning his existence if he had to waste a full season listening to the Europa anthem. Dortmund aren't going to win the league next season either so he'd have no incentives to stay.

I think it's fairly obvious why camp Haaland are on a European tour. They want out. This is their way of telling Dortmund to lower the asking price. They don't want a repeat of the Sancho situation where a ridiculous asking price repels all potential suitors.

Bebestation

Sometimes in life I feel like things dont just happen for a reason..

Haaland has the ability to completely destroy Manchester City tommorow at a time they are looking like one of the strongest teams in the world.

It would be great for it to happen, the whole of the United board to loose their mind at what they have seen and then send a blank cheque towards Dortmund.

Hopefully he does it because it would highlight exactly what type of player we are buying and their potential to take down some magnificent teams. Him having a quiet game against City wouldn't be good to watch.

Water Melon

Sometimes in life I feel like things dont just happen for a reason..

Haaland has the ability to completely destroy Manchester City tommorow at a time they are looking like one of the strongest teams in the world.

It would be great for it to happen, the whole of the United board to loose their mind at what they have seen and then send a blank cheque towards Dortmund.

Hopefully he does it because it would highlight exactly what type of player we are buying and their potential to take down some magnificent teams. Him having a quiet game against City wouldn't be good to watch.
I appreciate your optimism, but I doubt Erling will destroy City. Even if he did, I doubt the Board would go all out to get him. We are not as strong financially as we used to be, and we have no sugar daddy owner to invest their own money in the team.

SAFMUTD

Agree, its very difficult to know with strikers from the bundesliga, the defenders are basically at midfield so every attack seems like a one on one chance. They get acres of space.

out of the top of my head I remember Luka Jovic, Haller, Alcacer and most recently Werner. I mean Werner scored 28 there last season ffs. Aubameyang did well nevertheless.

But the thing that makes the difference for me is that Haaland has been putting the numbers in the UCL as well, since his Salzburg days. Kid seems like a superstar, but he’ll definitely struggle a lot more in the premier league than anywhere else. A big part of his game is his physicality, there’s not a more physical league than the premier league.

TheReligion

Abusive
Haaland seems to make the wrong decisions in his career. He should have declared for England internationally for instance.

Hopefully he makes the right one next.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Haaland seems to make the wrong decisions in his career. He should have declared for England internationally for instance.

Hopefully he makes the right one next.
I think the right thing would be to go to Spain or Italy where he will be fed the ball against crap teams for three years.

RoyH1

I think the right thing would be to go to Spain or Italy where he will be fed the ball against crap teams for three years.
What crap teams are those? The standard of defending is better in Serie A and even in La Liga. You never see those wide open spaces of the Bundesliga or the Premiership down there.

TheReligion

Abusive
What crap teams are those? The standard of defending is better in Serie A and even in La Liga. You never see those wide open spaces of the Bundesliga or the Premiership down there.
The PL is the strongest in the world at the moment

Bebestation

I think we'll go after DCL, even though I think Everton will want daft money for him.
Has he really been that good this season?

I thought he started well and then died down a bit.

Idxomer

Agree, its very difficult to know with strikers from the bundesliga, the defenders are basically at midfield so every attack seems like a one on one chance. They get acres of space.

out of the top of my head I remember Luka Jovic, Haller, Alcacer and most recently Werner. I mean Werner scored 28 there last season ffs. Aubameyang did well nevertheless.
Andre Silva too this season who's scoring at a rate he never came close to before in his career.

Adamsk7

He’s a beast of a striker for sure but I just don’t want him for some reason. His Agent isn’t likeable, his Dad isn’t and if you’ve seen his interviews etc, he doesn’t seem likeable either. Then there’s the fees involved, then there’s the fact that he’s a proper striker who does require good, regular service. We barely create 2-3 chances per game most of the time. To be honest, as much as he’d be a title winning cherry on top of an already delicious cake, we’re still just raw ingredients in a bowl.

think our money is better spent elsewhere for a number of reasons.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Both leagues have a couple strong teams and then a lot of teams that have no chance of winning the league. Go to the top teams in each league and you are guaranteed CL every year.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think we'll go after DCL, even though I think Everton will want daft money for him.
That's what I'm afraid of as well, pay Haaland like money for a Danny Welbeck level player (obviously I'm joking)

With the stories coming out about Greenwood and how he's spending a lot of time learning with Cavani we might look back and not be too fussed about missing out here (I hope)

Hectic

Supports
30fps
The bloke is so obsessed with the CL that he listens to the anthem first thing in the morning and also in his car throughout the day.
Sounds like a complete wanker.

calodo2003

Flaming Full Member
Conspiracy theorists are certain Haaland signaled his preferred destination through his choice of back pack color - baby blue.

shahzy

I hope every club tells him to feck off. Then haaland realises he aint getting shit with working with that fatcunt

Teja

Regardless of whether the numbers are true / false, I just don't understand what value Raiola brings to Haaland. He can probably negotiate the contract himself and still get paid 350k p/w and pocket the 20m agent bonus himself.

Like who is Mbappe's agent? Noone knows or cares because he's fecking Mbappe. He can go wherever the hell he wants and get paid top dollar for his services.

If anything, it's a net negative having Raiola because he's pissed off so many top managers.

Status
Not open for further replies.