Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

A sunday tabloid is suggesting that Riaola is asking a £1million a week wages for haaland. Gotta be bullsh*t, no way any club goes anywhere near that. Messi and Neymar are somewhere in the 600k-700k a week.

Staying far away from riaola clients sounds like a good idea.

Betson

No harm in inquiring about him and seeing the lay of the land , but we need to be quicker evaluating and ending our interest if it is obvious it is not going to happen and not spend the summer chasing shadows here..

ReallyUSA

A sunday tabloid is suggesting that Riaola is asking a £1million a week wages for haaland. Gotta be bullsh*t, no way any club goes anywhere near that. Messi and Neymar are somewhere in the 600k-700k a week.

...Messi earns 167 million American dollars bud

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Well, he was never going to score a goal per game his entire career. I don't even think this qualifies as a goal drought yet if we take away international games. What I think bodes well for him is that he's not just a passenger in those games, got a couple of assists, and his runs create opportunities for other players.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

I thought Messi surely well over 1m a week. In fact according to recent leak, he is earning up to 2.5m a week
Ronaldo is close to 1m a week in Juventus though. Neymar is around 850k.
Then we have Griezman who is nearly 600k, which is just stupid.
Bale is earning around 500k in Real, where Real Madrid is having a big problem to find any takers.
For us we have De Gea who is on 350k, which is already a big headache, then Pogba is on 290k, Rashford is on around 200k, Bruno is only on 100k.
Other top scorer/player in PL: Kane is earning around 200k in Spur, Salah is earning around 200k in Liverpool.

The more reasonable range for Haaland, wherever he goes, should be around 200k-250k in my opinion, or at most 300-350k even if its from Riaola.
No one is going to pay Haaland for 1m for sure. He is currently on 140k in Dortmund.

Last edited:

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Urban Combat Preparedness
170m + Martial for Haaland and Sancho. Get it done early, spend the rest of the summer selling whoever we possibly can. Lingard and De Gea can net us 50-60M. Sign Donnaruma on a free.

Worked in FM. Don’t see the problem.

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.

Its disgusting what he is doing and asking. At that price, the expectations on the kid will be sky high and I don't if he will be able to handle that sort of pressure at 20y.o. He will be seen as a white Lukaku with a better first touch.

sglowrider

I thought Messi surely well over 1m a week. In fact according to recent leak, he is earning up to 2.5m a week
Ronaldo is close to 1m a week in Juventus though. Neymar is around 800k.
The more reasonable range for Haaland, wherever he goes, should be around 200k-250k in my opinion, or at most 300-350k even if its from Riaola.
No one is going to pay Haaland for 1m for sure. He is currently on 140k in Dortmund.
But you know half of that £1M will go to agents incl Railo and his dad.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Its disgusting what he is doing and asking. At that price, the expectations on the kid will be sky high and I don't if he will be able to handle that sort of pressure at 20y.o. He will be seen as a white Lukaku with a better first touch.
Sad part is being a white Lukaku would be a phenomenal career but hes set such high expectations that they will call him a failure if he only hits that mark

roseguy64

170m + Martial for Haaland and Sancho. Get it done early, spend the rest of the summer selling whoever we possibly can. Lingard and De Gea can net us 50-60M. Sign Donnaruma on a free.

Worked in FM. Don’t see the problem.
I highly doubt that Dortmund can afford Martial's salary

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
If that £1m/a week is true, we are out of the race. City could probably afford it - bu not sure they'd agree to pay it. Only really leaves PSG.

I've never complained about costs of players (I remember the crazy fuss when Trevor Francis went for one million) or what they get paid but this is getting very silly...

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
Can't see any club doing that as it would destroy their wage structures.

dinostar77

City wouldnt go near that. They just got KVB to agree a new 400k a week deal and need Sterling to sign a new deal. Also as was reported a few days ago they need to reign in their wage budget as it going to screw them over on FFP if they continue as is.

PSG is the only club i see paying that and thats as a statement of their strength to keep from losing face if Neymar and Mbappe leave. Mbappe and Neymar who both allegedly dont want to sign new deals and are out of contract next summer.

sglowrider

Sad part is being a white Lukaku would be a phenomenal career but hes set such high expectations that they will call him a failure if he only hits that mark
Can you imagine if Haaland (only) scored 1 goal that week? ''The one million quid goal'' would be the headlines?

Never mind any goals that week as was the case at Dortmund this week -- ''What a waste of £1M.''

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
City wouldnt go near that. They just got KVB to agree a new 400k a week deal and need Sterling to sign a new deal. Also as was reported a few days ago they need to reign in their wage budget as it going to screw them over on FFP if they continue as is.

PSG is the only club i see paying that and thats as a statement of their strength to keep from losing face if Neymar and Mbappe leave. Mbappe and Neymar who both allegedly dont want to sign new deals and are out of contract next summer.
Hasn’t FFP been scrapped?

simonhch

Horrible boss
Supports
Can't see any club doing that as it would destroy their wage structures.
Agreed. Haaland is great but only peak Messi or Ronaldo was worth that. Haaland would have to do it 3-4 years straight at the top level to get that money. He’s done it in the CL but he needs to deliver a couple of seasons in England or Spain, at a rate of 40+ goals a season to get that money.

Right now he is a comfortable 350-450k a week footballer. And even that is mental. But he’s undoubtedly the most sought after talent in world football. I don’t see him at Mbappe’s level yet mind you.

Member 101269

1m per week, Raiola agent, 1 year at BVB, 100+m transfer fee ..

I think i'd pass

macheda14

Why are people taking the wage demands as gospel when it’s only been reported in tabloids? It’s very obviously not true.

theklr

Why are people taking the wage demands as gospel when it’s only been reported in tabloids? It’s very obviously not true.

Exactly. Haaland/Raiola/Alf Inge will be stinking rich nomatter where they go , but they wont price Haaland out of where he want to go.

Unless he simply wants to go to the highest bidder.

Member 101269

It is Sunday, Gospel is the norm.

I'm not sure an absolute position one way or another over wages would be correct. A position an comment, if true, is reasonable

It wouldn't surprise me if that was a starting point or even released to justify not signing him.

Steve 007

It might be tabloid talk and I think he’s an amazing player and he will for the next ten years probably be one of the best strikers in the game, but the fact is his agent is an idiot and a headache we could really do without.
-he’d insist on a sell on clause.
-he’d constantly try to either sell him or get a new contract for him.

Raiola knows he’s in the driving seat here, everybody want his client, so say we got him and he guarantees 30 goals a season and we have to pay £52 million a year just in wages, what do we pay Rashford and Bruno for their 20 goals. £600000 a week? 2 thirds of what we pay Haaland surely? What about Pogba who surely wants to feel like he’s the man and has the same agent?

Rolaholic

So Raiola wants a higher transfer fee than Mbappe and almost double the weekly wages of Lionel Messi...

Yea great player but I hope we feck off and go for Kane instead. The sums being mentioned on top of dealing with that cnut again turns me off a ton.

Only clubs in the world that can afford the reported insane fees are oil monarchy clubs

crossy1686

career ending

This is pretty much close to the truth. Mitten spoke on the Athletic podcast last week and pretty much confirmed the money being asked for by Riaola and Haaland's dad while they're touring Europe is staggering.

crossy1686

career ending
If he replaced Messi, it will be a huge saving overall per week for Barca.
Haaland would prefer a move to Spain apparently, but it all depends on Barcelona or Madrid finding the money. They have a pretty generous line of credit with local authorities so don't be surprised if they all of a sudden pull this transfer out of their arse.

OmarUnited4ever

So Raiola wants a higher transfer fee than Mbappe and almost double the weekly wages of Lionel Messi...

Yea great player but I hope we feck off and go for Kane instead. The sums being mentioned on top of dealing with that cnut again turns me off a ton.

Only clubs in the world that can afford the reported insane fees are oil monarchy clubs

I think the transfer fee bit has nothing to do with Raiola as that's is decided by BvB, but he'll negotiate wages for Haaland, the story is from Mirror so of course you should take it with huge pinch of salt.

Status
Not open for further replies.