Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
As soon as other clubs get a whiff that Dortmund are negotiating a deal for next summer every other club will get involved. There's no way Chelsea could do such a thing so covertly and it's not in Riaola's interest to keep such a thing quiet either
If Haaland tells Raiola to keep silent about ongoing talks he will keep quiet or Haaland can easily fire him and use a different agent to take care of future deals.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
If Haaland tells Raiola to keep silent about ongoing talks he will keep quiet or Haaland can easily fire him and use a different agent to take care of future deals.
yep he's so desperate to join Chelsea he'll do just that

roseguy64

yep he's so desperate to join Chelsea he'll do just that
It's absolutely amazing to me. There's no scenario here where it's advantageous to both Haalands and Raiola to agree on a deal with Chelsea this summer instead of joining them next summer.

Bob Rivers

Supports
Chelsea
It's absolutely amazing to me. There's no scenario here where it's advantageous to both Haalands and Raiola to agree on a deal with Chelsea this summer instead of joining them next summer.
It may be better for Raiola in terms of the potential payoff but why would Haaland be better off joining Chelsea a year from now rather than this summer? Now, if he doesn't want to join Chelsea and plans to go somewhere else next year, that's a different story. In that case he can just instruct his agent to tell Roman to feck off and get it over with.

But if Chelsea could somehow manage to convince the player and the club to make it happen, Raiola would have no choice but to arrange the deal or risk losing his best client.

roseguy64

It may be better for Raiola in terms of the potential payoff but why would Haaland be better off joining Chelsea a year from now rather than this summer? Now, if he doesn't want to join Chelsea and plans to go somewhere else next year, that's a different story. In that case he can just instruct his agent to tell Roman to feck off and get it over with.

But if Chelsea could somehow manage to convince the player and the club to make it happen, Raiola would have no choice but to arrange the deal or risk losing his best client.
He gets to see the best offer overall next summer. Also the other Haaland gets to get the biggest fee too.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
He gets to see the best offer overall next summer. Also the other Haaland gets to get the biggest fee too.
It also likely means another year without major trophies. If league titles and having a chance at lifting the CL are important to him, he'll want to move as quickly as he can.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
It also likely means another year without major trophies. If league titles and having a chance at lifting the CL are important to him, he'll want to move as quickly as he can.
Hard to look inside his head obviously, but he might fancy the chance to break Bayern's winning streak in the league. Just imagine him overtaking Lewandowski as top goalscorer in the league, winning it against Bayern and than leave the BL on an absolute high. I have no idea if his mind works like that, but to become a legend in the game this would be a great next step if he and Dortmund could pull it off.

who is the decision maker in all of this? Railoa.

everyone gets paid a hell of a lot more in 12 months, except Dortmund. With a release clause it brings in big clubs who have financial difficulties e.g Real and Barca & Juventus. He could even join Bayern next year.

more money all round and join one of the big clubs in Spain next year - or less money now and join Chelsea?

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
who is the decision maker in all of this? Railoa.

everyone gets paid a hell of a lot more in 12 months, except Dortmund. With a release clause it brings in big clubs who have financial difficulties e.g Real and Barca & Juventus. He could even join Bayern next year.

more money all round and join one of the big clubs in Spain next year - or less money now and join Chelsea?
Can people please stop pretending like all the players are just puppets of Raiola? :houllier:

In the end it is always the player who decides what he wants, not the agent. It will be up to Haaland if he lets Raiola take care of creating a bidding war around him - or if he wants to silently go somewhere where he is already sure he is interested in and wants his agent to take care of this without a lot of fuzz.

Usually you go to Raiola as an agent if you want the big trouble and big paycheck, but someone like Verratti has Raiola as an agent, now spend almost a decade at PSG and there are no transfer sagas around him, you can be sure Raiola could have created one if Verratti had liked him to.

weetee

Supports
no-one in particular
There are many reasons why he could consider leaving this year. Sancho most likely leaving means a huge loss for their creative output..THE most important player for BVB. Who knows how they'll perform next year. This year with Sancho and Haaland was still quite lackluster and they barely made CL. He could get heavily injured next season. He is ultra-ambitious: why waste another year if he can already leave this year? Of course Chelsea (or any other club) would have to convince him of their respective project first but that's a given. Personally I think he'll want to prove himself in the Premier League..there is just no other competitive league like it and would suit him just fine. He got the CL-goal scorer trophy already in the bag...I can see him wanting to leave on a high note and that would be right now.

Of course it'll be more likely he stays another year for many good reasons but it's not like it'd be madness if he'd just do it now.

Can people please stop pretending like all the players are just puppets of Raiola? :houllier:

In the end it is always the player who decides what he wants, not the agent. It will be up to Haaland if he lets Raiola take care of creating a bidding war around him - or if he wants to silently go somewhere where he is already sure he is interested in and wants his agent to take care of this without a lot of fuzz.

Usually you go to Raiola as an agent if you want the big trouble and big paycheck, but someone like Verratti has Raiola as an agent, now spend almost a decade at PSG and there are no transfer sagas around him, you can be sure Raiola could have created one if Verratti had liked him to.
don’t pretend his career is not being directed.

he’s moving next year because the release clause means everyone gets a hell of a lot more money.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea

he’s moving next year because the release clause means everyone gets a hell of a lot more money.
I don't know where you're getting this idea that agents are more powerful than their players, or that the agents make the decisions. Do you have anything to actually support that?

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

There's a difference between being advised and being directed. Raiola will be advising him to stay there for another season for financial reasons, but you only have to look at how all the rumours changed the instant Dortmund made the CL to see that Haaland himself has the final say. Before that when it looked like they were going to miss top 4, Raiola and Haaland's father were jetting around seeing all the other top teams and it looked very likely they were going to try to force their way out now. Once they got that qualification it all died off until these recent Chelsea rumours, in which all the noise seems to be coming from Chelsea's side rather than Haaland's.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
There's a difference between being advised and being directed. Raiola will be advising him to stay there for another season for financial reasons, but you only have to look at how all the rumours changed the instant Dortmund made the CL to see that Haaland himself has the final say. Before that when it looked like they were going to miss top 4, Raiola and Haaland's father were jetting around seeing all the other top teams and it looked very likely they were going to try to force their way out now. Once they got that qualification it all died off until these recent Chelsea rumours, in which all the noise seems to be coming from Chelsea's side rather than Haaland's.
Exactly, Haaland's top priority seems to be part of the CL. Dortmund is good enough to make him the top scorer there and to ensure that he is able to break records. One year more in the Bundesliga does not seem to bother him.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
I read last night that he wants to play in Spain and will wait for R Madrid.

Matriac

I read last night that he wants to play in Spain and will wait for R Madrid.
Did you read that in this thread last night, because many people seem to think so, but there's no actual statement or action he's done that has made La Liga seem more likely than anything else.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout

That part isn't even true, at the exception of Ibrahimovic Raiola clients haven't moved much and even then he moved that much mainly for football reasons.

Garethw

Did you read that in this thread last night, because many people seem to think so, but there's no actual statement or action he's done that has made La Liga seem more likely than anything else.
it wasn’t on here mate. I think it was on Twitter. The trouble is that unless we hear it directly from his mouth it’s probably a load of bullshit.

Born2Lose

This, every Raiola player knows exactly what they are getting when they hire him as their agent.

Garethw

Aren't Madrid going to be all in on Mbappe sooner rather than later? Can't see them getting both (surely?!:nervous::nervous:)
The story I read last night was that Madrid can’t afford Haaland this summer because of the cost of the stadium renovations. The article said that they had told him to sit tight and wait for his release to kick in next summer.

It’s probably a load of rubbish though.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
The story I read last night was that Madrid can’t afford Haaland this summer because of the cost of the stadium renovations. The article said that they had told him to sit tight and wait for his release to kick in next summer.

Have they tried asking the government for more money?

Pickle85

Fingers crossed it's rubbish though I suppose I'd rather they get them than anyone in the prem.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Fingers crossed it's rubbish though I suppose I'd rather they get them than anyone in the prem.
Even if it is true that Madrid told him that, there seems to be no report of his reaction to that. He might be looking forward to that transfer to Madrid or he might think "Yeah. No. United/Chelse/City/whoever in the PL here I come"

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
Simon Phillips is sharing info that we’ve agreed terms with Haaland but are yet to agree a fee with Dortmund. Not sure how reliable this is

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Simon Phillips is sharing info that we’ve agreed terms with Haaland but are yet to agree a fee with Dortmund. Not sure how reliable this is
he's quoting Ian McGarry and Duncan Castles on that transfer podcast. Therefore, its likely bollox. McGarry or Castles, i forget which, said personal terms are all done. Just the fee now.

Seems utter gash

dinostar77

Chelsea have agreed personal terms with haaland and his agents i.e. riola and his dad. Marina Granovskaia is going all out for him this summer. Chelsea believe they have a free run at his this summer for various reasons which they wont next summer. However hard to get dortmund to sell this summer. Glazers have deemed haaland too expensive a pacakge for Utd.

Source: transfer window podcast.

dinostar77

Some reports in spain that Haaland camp have agreed personal terms with Madrid, just as Chelsea have. All abit moot unless someone can magic up a ridiculous amount of money to make Dortmund sell this summer.

I presume Madrid would explore this as the chances of Mbappe leaving this summer have diminished?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
If he's agreed terms with Chelsea, I don't see Chelsea waiting till next summer when more interesting clubs come into play. They'll likely stump up the cash. They surely have it. It's a tough market for Real to try to flog players. There's Varane, but who else can demand a decent fee that they're also willing to sell? They might need to do a number of loans with a buy option, and hope for the best. Or take out more loans to land either striker.

My money is on Chelsea for Haaland this summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.