Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

No way the glazers would sign off on the utterly ridiculous commission demanded by Riola and his dad. £30mil and £20mil each. Thats before Haaland signing on fee, wages, bonus etc etc.

croadyman

No way the glazers would sign off on the utterly ridiculous commission demanded by Riola and his dad. £30mil and £20mil each. Thats before Haaland signing on fee, wages, bonus etc etc.
Where do you see us looking when replacing Edi because don't think Mason is ready

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
His transfer fee would have been 120-150m anyway, the money will just go to the agents and dad instead. This is why they agreed on such a low release fee because they want to make the money personally.

Handré1990

And it’s pure conjecture on your part. Your naivety is so tiring but you’re probably right he won’t have a release clause he’ll just have Raiola bad mouthing the club publicly to get what he and his client wants….or maybe not but why take the risk? I’d say the odds are stacked against you if history is anything to go by.
Yawn, I didn’t claim to know anything, like you did, sooo, no conjecture. Look it up. I just don’t get an upset stomach at the thought of having one of the top strikers in the world because he might leave. There’s plenty of Raiola clients who never made trouble, so there!

Chief123

He’s nailed on to go to Chelsea. If not this summer, then next summer. There’s just too much noise around it.

One thing we know is Roman isn’t afraid to spend to get the man he wants. And Chelsea normally get deals done in a clean manner. They’ve already let go of Giroud and looks like Tammy may be on his way. It feels like only a matter of time. Let’s see.

Nero

Only time he ever sets foot in stamford bridge is in another team's shirt.

Coops73

Yawn, I didn’t claim to know anything, like you did, sooo, no conjecture. Look it up. I just don’t get an upset stomach at the thought of having one of the top strikers in the world because he might leave. There’s plenty of Raiola clients who never made trouble, so there!
Well that told me!

PSV

How about Erling’s cousin who plays Molde, Albert Braut Tjaland?
Made his debut for Molde today. They gave him only seven minutes, so just the one goal today on his debut.

If we risk losing out on Erling we might as well start our pursuit for this guy.

RedDevilRoshi

He’s nailed on to go to Chelsea. If not this summer, then next summer. There’s just too much noise around it.

One thing we know is Roman isn’t afraid to spend to get the man he wants. And Chelsea normally get deals done in a clean manner. They’ve already let go of Giroud and looks like Tammy may be on his way. It feels like only a matter of time. Let’s see.
Next summer, Haaland’s release clause kicks in and no doubt there will be a few other clubs in for him as well - Chelsea (trying to get him this summer and no doubt will try again next year if they fail to do so this year) ourselves (Cavani’s replacement), PSG (Mbappe’s replacement), Bayern (Lewandowski’s long term replacement), City (if they fail to get Kane).

Again, it’s going to come down to which package suits him and pays most to his fat prick of an agent.

RedRover

The noise all seems to be coming from Chelsea. If Dortmund won't sell this summer and his release clause kicks in he'll have his pick of clubs, and he'll get a better contract. He won't push for a move this year. He'd be mad to do it. Chelsea may have won the CL but they're not a side looking like they're going to dominate. Fart more likely, in my opinion he ends up at City or Madrid.

dinostar77

He will have alot of choice though some avenues maybe closed to him due to financial issues and or a no9 already present at the club.

City - if they sign Kane this summer then are out of the bidding.

Utd - depends on Glazers and how Pogba saga ends up going. If badly i cant see Utd rewarding Riola with £30mil commission.

Chelsea - along with City and Utd the only other PL club would could afford to pay him him the £350,000 - £375,000 a week he would want.

Madrid - will sign Mbappe next summer. Even though its would be a free it would be a substantial finanical package and la liga salary cost cap is said to be even more stricter next season.

Barcelona - in financial meltdown that wont be sorted within 12 months.

Bayern - cant rule them out, long term replacement for leodowski.

PSG - dont think haaland would be interested in going to france but you cant rule out PSG and the dreamteam they are putting together.

Juventus - financially crippled by Ronaldo financial package. Unless they can offload Ronaldo next summer, dont see that as a viable destination.

Chief123

If we go and do a madness and sign Haaland this summer (or next) too, then is all forgiven for the Glazers? I’ll forgive them for a year until I’m bored and want a shiny new toy! :wenger:

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Smells of a thanks but no thanks to Chelsea in a way. Almost like he'd be embarrassed by the whole thing of them spending that much money on him :lol:
That to me actually sounds like he is telling Dortmund to stop with this insane price and negotiate a lower fee.

Bleu

Supports
New England Revolution
Dortmund are well within their rights to ask for an insane figure seeing as they'll lose him for relatively a small fee in a years time.
Never said they are not, just interpreting how I see his comments. If you pay attention to his interviews he always comes off smug and sarcastic, this is very much in character with how he acts during interviews. "Not been in contact with my agent in a month". Well yeah, but obviously his father does that for him, keeping in touch with the agent and working behind the scenes like flying off to different countries. This is just Erling being smug on purpose as he usually does.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I think we have as much chance as anyone signing Haaland next season IF we perform well this year.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Sounds like he's just joking around about the size of the fees being thrown around.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
I think we have as much chance as anyone signing Haaland next season IF we perform well this year.
I think there are three key factors going into next year recruiting. Making a serious run at both the league table and Champions league. Having a boat load of money and willing to accept you will pay a huge signing bonus along with money to Riola and Alfie. Real Madrid are not at top form this year, that really is where he has seen himself going to. If they are the real deal this year with money to spend, everyone else is second choice at best.

Andersons Dietician

I too feel quite confident about this but I think it will maybe come down to how well we are performing nest season and if it look like we can compete.

JJ12

I think there are three key factors going into next year recruiting. Making a serious run at both the league table and Champions league. Having a boat load of money and willing to accept you will pay a huge signing bonus along with money to Riola and Alfie. Real Madrid are not at top form this year, that really is where he has seen himself going to. If they are the real deal this year with money to spend, everyone else is second choice at best.
I don’t think he’s seen himself going to Real. Mbappe has always been their man.

The Raiola factor is a killer, definitely.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I too feel quite confident about this but I think it will maybe come down to how well we are performing nest season and if it look like we can compete.
I don't know he didn't exactly pick Dortmund because they competed did he, he'll move to whomever Raiola coerce's him to join i.e. who pays the most

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
I don't know he didn't exactly pick Dortmund because they competed did he, he'll move to whomever Raiola coerce's him to join i.e. who pays the most
I'm sure we would of paid more than Dortmund. He snubbed us for them. He wanted regular football

JJ12

He probably wanted another pay day when he moves from a ‘stepping stone’ club. He knew if he joined United straight away it would’ve been near impossible for him to get another move.

charlenefan

I'm sure we would of paid more than Dortmund. He snubbed us for them. He wanted regular football
which he wouldn't of got here? He'd of walked into our side. It was the refusing of the release clause which scuppered our chances

charlenefan

He probably wanted another pay day when he moves from a ‘stepping stone’ club. He knew if he joined United straight away it would’ve been near impossible for him to get another move.
correct that's why he's not here

can you imagine being in Dortmund's position right now? Ticking time bomb of a situation

Chief123

That wasn’t why we didn’t sign him. We wanted him and he was happy to come. But his agent wanted to put in the release clause which Utd refused and rightly so. Dortmund were happy to have the release clause which is why they agreed to the deal. But they have to deal with the clause problem next summer now which is what Utd wanted to avoid.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
correct that's why he's not here

can you imagine being in Dortmund's position right now? Ticking time bomb of a situation
Exactly why we couldn't do the deal Dortmund did.

We could be in a situation where Liverpool or City could take him from us next summer for 70m and we'd be helpless. Imagine how that would have felt if that happened. It would be the most sickening transfer of all time.

We were right to not go along with that clause. Dortmund don't care that much about Bayern taking their players so they had nothing to lose. Made sense for them.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
robert lewandowski with a year left on his contract?
I called this months ago. We've had Zlatan then Cavani. He's the next logical move. Another great striker who will be slightly past his best but will still have plenty to offer.

Reckon he'd come too. Either us or Madrid.

Status
Not open for further replies.