Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

redrobed

I’ve seen quite a lot of him. He’s a big lad, very young still and has one heck of an eye for goal. Really lethal finisher. Dortmund value him very highly though and after already losing Sancho I don’t see them parting with him this window. One we should go after either in January or next summer to replace Cavani.

Resch

Salzburg has 2 young promising strikers. Benjamin Sesko 18 years old, 3 matches, 227 minutes 4 goals. Adeyemi 19 years, 252 minutes, 4 goals, 1 assist.
Sesko should be on Uniteds radar, great headers, technically great for his hight, has all the potential to become Salzburgs new Haaland. Would be a great young alternative, if United misses Haaland.

Chief123

If Pogba leaves I put us down as last place cause of that fat agent of his. He wouldn’t want to deal with us and us with him.
I doubt Raiola would bite the hand that feeds him. If Utd flash him the cash he will be interested every day of the week.

He probably has a lot of haters across multiple clubs. If he refused to deal with his haters he would run out of clients.

Players love using him because he negotiates some serious dollars for his clients.

SAFMUTD

He's saying to pay those fee's plus 20 million and sign him now but basically loan him back to dortmund for a season. Not a bad idea to be honest they would probably take it
Why would anyone pay 100M to dortmund plus another 40M in agent fees just to loan him back to dortmund? Nonsense

RkkMan

Unless both Rashford and Greenwood both have spectacular seasons alongside Sancho we have to go for Haaland
Strikers like him are very rare and when you get the chance to buy them you buy them and I genuinely fancy Utd's chances of landing him when you factor in Ole and Sancho's presence plus the off chance we tie down Pogba to a new deal meaning a good relationship with Raiola
Real Madrid- They're signing Mbappe eventually this year or next and his wages will be ridiculously high with the new strict salary cap in Spain I doubt Madrid pay ridiculous wages for both Haaland and Mbappe
Barcelona- Their current situation says everything
PSG- 100% sure Haaland will want a stronger league
City- If they don't get Kane they may pose a problem but wages and agent fees may put them off
Chelsea- Dark Horse depending on how their season turns out and if they sign a starting No9 this year or wait for Haaland in a year

El Zoido

If he doesn’t leave BVB this season I fancy our chances. We’ve spent very little this summer, it seems like we’re saving funds for something big next year.

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
If he doesn’t leave BVB this season I fancy our chances. We’ve spent very little this summer, it seems like we’re saving funds for something big next year.
He is a City supporter and his Dad hates us. That plus Raiola is his agent and theres a lot against us. If City dont get Kane this summer they will get Haaland next summer.

Dve

He is a City supporter and his Dad hates us. That plus Raiola is his agent and theres a lot against us. If City dont get Kane this summer they will get Haaland next summer.
He´s a Leeds supporter, his dad does not hate us, and City (Guardiola) is the one having a strained relationship to Raiola.

Dve

City supporter mate. Look it up
Like any kid, he would be a fan of every club his father is playing at. “My father played for different Premier League teams, so of course you become a fan. You support them because you support your dad.”

However, he´s born in Leeds and as a 16 years old, he said "I want to be the best possible. The dream is to win the Premier League with Leeds."

Not that is matters much, though. He´s not 16 years old anymore and 100% he won´t sign for Leeds. He may still sign for City, but not because his father played for them.

My gut anyway, says he´ll sign for us.

BarstoolProphet

City supporter mate. Look it up
He's a Leeds fan. That's well known in Norway. But I bet you are referring to the pic of him in a City shirt. However, that was when he was growing up and could only dream of playing in the Premier League, now I doubt his childhood dreams are the most important when choosing his next club.

He chose Dortmund for developing reasons (like when he chose Salzburg over Juve) and that Ole's position at United were under threat. Both him and his father have an excellent relationship with Ole.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
im gonna assume this is a WUM

Irwin99

Obviously him at United would be fantastic but I could see him enjoying a spell at Chelsea. Even though he's allegedly a City fan as some have said, I just can't see him there for some reason. He's just more of a Chelsea or United striker and I can't really explain why (Pep perhaps?).

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Here is ze plannings guys and girls.

Phase 1: Buy his goal machine striker cousin Albert Tjaaland from Molde and send him on loan to Leeds.

Phase 2: See if he becomes the new Haaland at Leeds scoring plenty of goals.

Phase 3: If he does well, keep him as our new ST and get Haaland too. If he doesn't do well, still get Haaland.

Magic of this is that we Triple the odds in our favour because we have solskjaer, his cousin Tjaaland and his home town down the motorway where he has family he can watch Coronation Street with in the evenings :lol:

Imagine Tjaaland bullying Chelsea and we sub on Haaland too. The joys.

Anyways, I've just woken up so not quite up to my senses... Let's just wait for next summer to try and get Haaland in with the rest of the hyenas... But... No harm slapping 2m down for Tjaaland. Could be a masterstroke and Molde will bite our hands off for it. (In 500k yearly installments of course :D)
Erling Braut Haaland has two striker cuisins in the norwegian top flight, Albert Braut Tjaaland and Jonatan Braut Brunes, one 17 and the other 20. Both scored in their first proper match.

There's also a third cuisin, Emma Braut Brunes, 17, playing in the top flight, but she's a defender. Lots of up and coming Brauts. Who knows if Erling is even the best of the lot.

Last edited:

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
I wonder if Haaland feels regret for not signing with us when he looked down on United and decided Dortmund was a better bet.

Imagine: had he made a different choice, he could now be paid a lot, be a starting striker for us, be plying with Sancho, Bruno and many others who can feed him goals. He would be playing for a club that with him, and with current squad would genuinely be competing for EPL and Champions League.

What does he have instead? Dortmund? Ok, that was supposed to be a stepping stone but towards what? Barca and RM dont have money to buy him. PSG plays in lousy league and will never win Champions League. So, realistically he hopes City will buy him or Chelsea? But I would argue we are a more exciting club than Chelsea even despite their freak win of UCL. So, really - he just hopes that Pep will buy him... OK. I doubt it, but OK. We shall see, I guess.

I think he was stupid and made a big mistake listening to his idiot agent + having fetish about clubs he thought were bigger than United

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I wonder if Haaland feels regret for not signing with us when he looked down on United and decided Dortmund was a better bet.

Imagine: had he made a different choice, he could now be paid a lot, be a starting striker for us, be plying with Sancho, Bruno and many others who can feed him goals. He would be playing for a club that with him, and with current squad would genuinely be competing for EPL and Champions League.

What does he have instead? Dortmund? Ok, that was supposed to be a stepping stone but towards what? Barca and RM dont have money to buy him. PSG plays in lousy league and will never win Champions League. So, realistically he hopes City will buy him or Chelsea? But I would argue we are a more exciting club than Chelsea even despite their freak win of UCL. So, really - he just hopea Pep will buy him... OK. I doubt it, but OK. We shall see, I guess.

I think he was stupid and made a big mistake
Why? Dortmund has been perfect for him. He's competed with the best striker in the world in Lewandowski in the Bundesliga. He won a trophy this year. He competed in the knockout stages of the CL both his first season and last season while United was in the Europa League. Is it only worth it for you if they win a treble every year? He's going to have one more shot at getting the golden boot in Germany, and then he'll likely move. Some players like moving around, like Ibra did.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Dortmund offered him starting, Man Utd had people that rightfully would start ahead of him at the time. It is not anymore than that. Not that his father had a grudge. Not that he snubbed Man Utd. Not that Raiola directed him away.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Dortmund offered him starting, Man Utd had people that rightfully would start ahead of him at the time. It is not anymore than that. Not that his father had a grudge. Not that he snubbed Man Utd. Not that Raiola directed him away.
Not sure what you are basing this on. If he came to us he would definitely be starting. We had nobody of his quality. As a matter of fact, we still don't have anybody, so much so that we had to sign a very old Cavani to fill the gap at least a bit. We were definitely not going to sign him for a very large sum and not even start him. He knew that much. Please

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Not sure what you are basing this on. If he came to us he would definitely be starting. We had nobody of his quality. As a matter of fact, we still don't have anybody, so much so that we had to sign a very old Cavani to fill the gap at least a bit. We were definitely not going to sign him for a very large sum and not even start him. He knew that much. Please
I think he was talking about Haaland before he joined Dortmund.

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Yes, there are so many odd claims in this thread of why he went to Dortmund instead of Man Utd. It was not that long ago and clear why he did.
To be fair, one of the claim was because the shitty agent wanted to insert release clause at that time which something we don’t do it at United but Dortmund were willing to accept it.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
It's clear that Dortmund was the most secure choice for his development at the time, and SECURE is the main word here. Future of OGS also was a coin toss at the time.

Will be a really interesting next summer, if United continues to improve. And with his links to Ole and Sancho well established. That agent crap aside, it's such a different situation.

Last edited:

ghagua

Salzburg has 2 young promising strikers. Benjamin Sesko 18 years old, 3 matches, 227 minutes 4 goals. Adeyemi 19 years, 252 minutes, 4 goals, 1 assist.
Sesko should be on Uniteds radar, great headers, technically great for his hight, has all the potential to become Salzburgs new Haaland. Would be a great young alternative, if United misses Haaland.
I have seen Sesko play and we should be all over this player. He is young and should be gettable right now. He has the build of Haaland, is skillful, and is a good finisher.

I said the players like VVD, Dias, and Mbappe would be great players, but there is always the argument of them playing in weaker leagues and they won't make it here.

SplitzMagic

Erling Braut Haaland has two striker cuisins in the norwegian top flight, Albert Braut Tjaaland and Jonatan Braut Brunes, one 17 and the other 20. Both scored in their first proper match.

There's also a third cuisin, Emma Braut Brunes, 17, playing in the top flight, but she's a defender. Lots of up and coming Brauts. Who knows if Erling is even the best of the lot.
Definitely interesting that. Maybe Thor is real after all but which one will be Loki though? :lol:

Utd should just do what Chelsea did with the Musonda brothers. Bring them in and see because there could be a Haaland on steroids out of them two cousins.

Eplel

I think we should go for Tjaaland this summer.

He won't be too expensive, will have a good resale value, and will increase our chances of getting Haaland.

Utd77

Despite his agent, I see him being Utds major signing next summer, no brainer for the club as it solves the CF position for the next ten years arguably.

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
Given that people are describing him globally as the most exciting young striker on the planet and waving around 150m potential price tags, I doubt he's losing much sleep over anything at the moment.

sp_107

He´s a Leeds supporter, his dad does not hate us, and City (Guardiola) is the one having a strained relationship to Raiola.
Yes, if i grown up watching a big corporate one of the very best in business and if i am not talented enough to join them then atleast i want my son to be iworking for them.

I know city had succesful years in recent times but his dad knows UTD has legacy / history / tittles so I dont think he will object his son joining us but encourage him for sure....

Ramshock

CAF Pilib De Brún Translator
Swimming against a tide of idiots and spoofers
He's a Leeds fan. That's well known in Norway. But I bet you are referring to the pic of him in a City shirt. However, that was when he was growing up and could only dream of playing in the Premier League, now I doubt his childhood dreams are the most important when choosing his next club.

He chose Dortmund for developing reasons (like when he chose Salzburg over Juve) and that Ole's position at United were under threat. Both him and his father have an excellent relationship with Ole.
Ah being a part of the Norway's City supporter's group must have been for a laugh then

Status
Not open for further replies.