Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
So DoF picks the team every match day?
Managers get sacked a lot more frequently than DoF. The DoF doesn't pick the team, no. But he does have the power to sack the manager...
Ramos was a baby in 2005.

Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane, Figo and Beckham has never really worked.

Benzema, Haaland and Mbappe can't play together in a normal system or most matches.
Benzema's contract ends 2023. No they wouldn't play together, they'd rotate for a season maybe, then Benzema either leaves or stays as backup...

FattyFooty

Perez will have both mbappe and haaland in his team when bext summers window closes. A new era of galacticos begins. Darth Pogba will turn to the dark side as well and join emperor perezs empire of galacticos. The football world will shudder, but theres hope on the horizon, a small band of rebels will fight emperor perez. lingard, martial and phil jones are all that stand between emperor perez and european domination for a decade.

All is lost.....
Not anymore.

I belive our team can beat anyone. If they can string it together we are a team that can take anyone.

And Ronaldo will keep on proving haters wrong.

VanDeBank

Ma’am
They should have won against Holland - so they are not SO bad. But they are SO young.

Pedersen just turned 21, Hanche-Olsen is 24, Ryerson is 23, Meling is 26, Ajer is 23, Thorsby is 25, Thorstvedt is 22, Haaland is 21, Ødegaard is 22, Norrman is 25, Berge is 23, Berg is 23, Hauge is 21, Bjørkan 23, Dønnum 23 and Sørloth 25

2/3 of our squad is 25 or younger....compare that to Sweden who generally have an average age of 30...it makes a difference.
It was a deserved draw. Norway is indeed very talented.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Ramos was a baby in 2005.

Ronaldo, Raul, Zidane, Figo and Beckham has never really worked.

Benzema, Haaland and Mbappe can't play together in a normal system or most matches.
when Mbappe, Messi, Neymar, Di Maria, Icardi are in the same team i don't understand why the above three can't play together. Even CR7 and Cavani are in the same team now.

Red Shorts

Forrest Gimp
I doubt he is asking for anthing, its Raiola negotiating numbers and telling Haaland what he's managed to get him.
Aye, he's a feckin cretin of an agent but somehow manages to get his fat pay cheque at the end of it. No wonder so many managers dislike him, yet accept he manages top players

Dve

So, Haaland has now scored 11 goals and provided 2 assists. In one month (Aug 7th - Sep 7th).

Sviken

Hopefully Ole doesn't feck this season up and his relationship with Haaland helps us snag him, otherwise if he goes to another PL side - we're fecked.

Dve

Hopefully Ole doesn't feck this season up and his relationship with Haaland helps us snag him, otherwise if he goes to another PL side - we're fecked.
The question is, who are we going to bench next season. Haaland or Ronaldo. That´s a bit of a problem.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
The question is, who are we going to bench next season. Haaland or Ronaldo. That´s a bit of a problem.
Ronaldo is 37. He is going to be a useful player but he is not going to be the one and only player for us.

He will be our Cavani of last season whilst Haaland replaces Martial.

Another thing I'm wondering might happen is this:

Rashford_____Greenwood
Bruno

Or

Ronaldo_____Haaland
Bruno​

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Ronaldo is 37. He is going to be a useful player but he is not going to be the one and only player for us.

Rashford_____Greenwood
Bruno

Or

Ronaldo_____Haaland
Bruno​
I'm sure Ronnie will be totally fine with the occasional cameo frm the bench:lol:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I'm sure Ronnie will be totally fine with the occasional cameo frm the bench:lol:
4-4-2.

Ronaldo and Haaland up front.

Sancho,Rashford/Greenwood on the wing.

Fernandes into midfield alongside Mctominay. :drool:

DutchCruijff

Managers get sacked a lot more frequently than DoF. The DoF doesn't pick the team, no. But he does have the power to sack the manager...

Benzema's contract ends 2023. No they wouldn't play together, they'd rotate for a season maybe, then Benzema either leaves or stays as backup...
Haaland doesn't do rotation. Neither does Benzema.

Not to mention, Benzema is coming off of one of his best seasons - performance wise. He's still a marvel. Reports were that Madrid offered a contract till 2024 but he refused himself.

Haaland has more chance of fitting in with United (Ronaldo being 38, toward the end of his game, if Haaland joined) than with Madrid (Benzema being 34 and still at the top of his game).

2ndTouch

Supports
Bayern München
Haaland doesn't do rotation. Neither does Benzema.

Not to mention, Benzema is coming off of one of his best seasons - performance wise. He's still a marvel.

Haaland has more chance of fitting in with United (Ronaldo being 38, toward the end of his game, if Haaland joined) than with Madrid (Benzema being 34 and still at the top of his game).
Well, Perez gave Ramos the boot, too.
The guy is hellbent on forming the nexr Galactiocs, and since Mbappe will come relatively cheap, it is certainly doable from a purely financial pov. Then there will be the Oilacticos from Paris who'll probably throw the Platinum kitchen sink at Raiola to get him as a replacement for Mbappe, and there'll be City who are desperate for some legacy and a No9.
That's going to be some stiff competition for his signing, and beyond that, are even sure you could afford both Ronaldo and Haaland on your payroll?

Sviken

Rashford_____Greenwood
Bruno

Or

Ronaldo_____Haaland
Bruno​
Ronaldo can still easily be Prem's best players for these 2 years, possibly more. He outscored Lukaku in Serie A with an atrocious Juventus team and a manager. He'll also never agree to play Cavani's bench role. Haaland and Ronaldo can link up well... possibly. Or it will fail. But there's more chance of that than Haaland and Mbappe in the same team. Because if Haaland comes to United, he'd be the heir of Ronaldo. If Haaland goes to Madrid, him and Mbappe would share the spotlight which I don't think either of the two want./

Giant Midget

Aka - rooney_10119
The guy is hellbent on forming the nexr Galactiocs, and since Mbappe will come relatively cheap, it is certainly doable from a purely financial pov. Then there will be the Oilacticos from Paris who'll probably throw the Platinum kitchen sink at Raiola to get him as a replacement for Mbappe, and there'll be City who are desperate for some legacy and a No9.
That's going to be some stiff competition for his signing, and beyond that, are even sure you could afford both Ronaldo and Haaland on your payroll?
We’ll have a bunch of non-playing players off the payroll next year. Mata, Matic, Lingard and Cavani. That should be enough to cover Haaland’s wages.

Probably one of De Gea or Henderson as well.

InfiniteBoredom

We’ll have a bunch of non-playing players off the payroll next year. Mata, Matic, Lingard and Cavani. That should be enough to cover Haaland’s wages.

Probably one of De Gea or Henderson as well.
Raiola asked Chelsea for £820k a week during the summer, on top of 40m in commission to him and 150m transfer fee to Dortmund. It will be the four you mentioned and then some, considering that the transfer fee is halved next summer, so £1m a week is feasible.

We can afford it, yes, but it will carry a lot of financial implications, similar to the Sanchez’s deal. It will depends on Greenwood’s progression and Ronaldo working out or not. Things can change very quickly in a year or two.

Big Andy

Bloke
Rumoured that they're giving him an £80m signing on fee. That's far from cheap.

Matriac

This part below proved to me that whoever wrote the article have no idea what they are talking about.

Haaland has just enjoyed a successful international break, scoring five times in three games as Norway look to qualify for the 2022 World Cup.
We lost 0-3 at home to Turkey (in March) and drew 1-1 with Netherlands. We still have to play both of them away in the final 4 games. Sure we will probably (*knock on wood) beat Latvia and Montenegro at home. But unless Netherlands cocks it up we won't pass them to guarantee WC qualification (currently both have 13 points, but the dutch have a 9 better GD). And Turkey is 2 points behind, they just have to beat us at home (or draw if we lose in Amsterdam) to beat us to 2nd place.

Even if we manage to retain 2nd place that still means going into a second round of qualifiers against 11 other teams vying for 3 WC spots.

Also every other argument in the posts above me saying this is hearsay of hearsay.
And how Madrid wouldn't need to have a deal in place with Dortmund anyway since there's a buyout clause in place for next summer, Leeds and everyone else technically have a deal in place with Dortmund next summer.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This part below proved to me that whoever wrote the article have no idea what they are talking about.

We lost 0-3 at home to Turkey (in March) and drew 1-1 with Netherlands. We still have to play both of them away in the final 4 games. Sure we will probably (*knock on wood) beat Latvia and Montenegro at home. But unless Netherlands cocks it up we won't pass them to guarantee WC qualification (currently both have 13 points, but the dutch have a 9 better GD). And Turkey is 2 points behind, they just have to beat us at home (or draw if we lose in Amsterdam) to beat us to 2nd place.

Even if we manage to retain 2nd place that still means going into a second round of qualifiers against 11 other teams vying for 3 WC spots.
Don't see much wrong with the bolded part? It's saying we're looking to qualify, not that we're going to qualify. We will easily beat Latvia and should take care of Montenegro too. As long as we avoid defeat to Turkey next game we will most likely be in a position where a win in Holland on the final day will mean a group win. I don't see us winning there but with Haaland in decent form there is a chance. Hardly a controversial statement.

stepic

Madrid rebuild done in one summer if they managed to add Haaland, Mbappe and Pogba in one window.

Sviken

Madrid rebuild done in one summer if they managed to add Haaland, Mbappe and Pogba in one window.
Madrid would be Barcelona level 3 years from now if they actually do that. All 3 would be on insane wages unsustainable for any club. At this point, as good as Haaland is, I don't want him. 1 million per week plus gazillion to Raiola and his father at age 20? He's not prime Messi or Ronaldo. Mbappe looks to be the same in terms of demands. Utterly ridiculous. Wage caps should be placed like they are in America. And especially agent fees.

Strelok

Madrid would be Barcelona level 3 years from now if they actually do that. All 3 would be on insane wages unsustainable for any club. At this point, as good as Haaland is, I don't want him. 1 million per week plus gazillion to Raiola and his father at age 20? He's not prime Messi or Ronaldo. Mbappe looks to be the same in terms of demands. Utterly ridiculous. Wage caps should be placed like they are in America. And especially agent fees.
I'm not against wage caps and don't know how they do it there. But looking at how City and PSG have been fecking FFP over I seriously doubt that'd be any good here. Rather, it'd make all the good players come to City and PSG I think.

bosskeano

it's no great announcement that Haaland is of high interest to Madrid and could easily see him going there.

I just don't see how they could afford to bring in Haaland for 75m plus wages with a Raiola bonus then bring in both Pogba and Mbappe on frees with their wages along with probably two more big signing bonuses to the players and Raiola. Fat boy is going to make some massive money next summer.

you're talking arguably 150m in fees and probably 1.75m p/w in wages between the three of them after tax....there is no way for them to sustain that especially given how much they are spending to renovate the Bernabeu

Status
Not open for further replies.