Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skåre Willoch

He's coming to us.

Real just lost to Sheriff from Moldova. City got beat by the french runners up. He won't go near any of them.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Do City value Haaland over the EPL's best? I'd argue they'd stick with the proven entity at those prices.
The greatest players + coach in Man City's history had 0 EPL-experience prior joining them.

Bar injuries, Haaland will be an instant success at Man City. Just like with Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany etc.

He's coming to us.
Man United took themselves out of the Haaland race after signing Cristiano.

bosskeano

The greatest players + coach in Man City's history had 0 EPL-experience prior joining them.

Bar injuries, Haaland will be an instant success at Man City. Just like with Aguero, Silva, Yaya, Kompany etc.
but that same coach is gone in less than 2 years so he would only play one season for Pep

Yorkeontop

meonbottom

Where are the Kane equivalents in your examples? Haaland is terrific but I'd take Kane if I were them and all things are equal.

Edit: I'm just being slightly obtuse asking you to name equivalents. You can ignore that.

Last edited:

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Do City value Haaland over the EPL's best? I'd argue they'd stick with the proven entity at those prices.

Beggars can't be choosers.
Haaland was top scorer in the Champions League last season, I'm not sure how much more proven entity you need.

That being said, City and go stub a toe, Haaland comes to Manchester United

Yorkeontop

meonbottom
Haaland was top scorer in the Champions League last season, I'm not sure how much more proven entity you need.

That being said, City and go stub a toe, Haaland comes to Manchester United
Haaland is awesome. Kane is EPL proven is what I meant. Hard to see Haaland failing in the EPL but at those prices I'd take Kane.

Skåre Willoch

Yeah. If I had 150m to spend on one of them and I was City and didn't have to haggle with Levy.
If you had 150m to spend on one of them, you spend 70m on Haaland and save the remaining 80m remaining for a rainy day. You don't even have to involve Levy at all.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Maybe it wasn't clear, but I was 100% not serious.
The meltdown after us losing with 10 man against a better side than Sheriff was exactly what I was thinking about.

But I still think/hope/believe/pray/ know for a fact he'll join us.
Me too mate. Me too.

UTD_Since_1978

Highly doubt Haaland will be that cheap - rumor has it Raiola and Haaland senior wants sign on fees. So you’re probably looking at €100-€120m which is still value for his talent in this market
And this is exactly why FIFA & UEFA need to stick their noses in & say something like, "These clubs are signing a footballer not you two numpties, you can f off with your ridiculous inflated signing-on fees"

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
And this is exactly why FIFA & UEFA need to stick their noses in & say something like, "These clubs are signing a footballer not you two numpties, you can f off with your ridiculous inflated signing-on fees"
so they should tell a 21 year old with no formal education beyond the age of 16 that he is not entitled to employ advisers on the free market to negotiate the best possible deal for him... I have t be honest and say that a multi million pound deal in a foreign country with complex image rights and bonus does sound like the sort of thing Id expect somebody to get the best advise they can on and for them to have advisers able to extract the best remuneration possible in the most tax efficient way ... and if an agent gets a player an extra amount of money it does not seem unreasonable that the agent gets a cut of that

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
so they should tell a 21 year old with no formal education beyond the age of 16 that he is not entitled to employ advisers on the free market to negotiate the best possible deal for him... I have t be honest and say that a multi million pound deal in a foreign country with complex image rights and bonus does sound like the sort of thing Id expect somebody to get the best advise they can on and for them to have advisers able to extract the best remuneration possible in the most tax efficient way ... and if an agent gets a player an extra amount of money it does not seem unreasonable that the agent gets a cut of that
They should be charging the player, not the buying club.

If a player wants to hire an agent to get him the best deal, surely he should pay for that himself?

Giving Raiola 20m for a negotiation fee is a bit insane.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
They should be charging the player, not the buying club.

If a player wants to hire an agent to get him the best deal, surely he should pay for that himself?

Giving Raiola 20m for a negotiation fee is a bit insane.
But if they ay the player then that will be taxed as income at say 45% plus they will be paying NI, pensions etc and Raiola will still want his £20m ... so by facilitating a payment to some offshore company for raiola it wil save the club the best part of £10m...

PAYE is bout as tax inefficient a way as possibe to do that and ultimately one that will cost the club a lot extra

macheda14

Since he went to BVB, who agreed to a release clause in 2022. But sure, if you want to spend 150m on him, I'm sure they'll let you.
Many many reports that say yes that is his release clause, but Raiola wants about 40 million in agents fees and they're asking for astronomical wages. Wages that would make him the highest paid player in the prem. Based on the way Kane is playing and how he quite obviously wants out, I'd say Spurs would now snap their hand off for 100 mill next summer.

Highfather_24

Haaland will have a significantly higher wage than Kane. Also, the transfer fee is just one part of the story, agent fees, sign on fees, will easily run into 30-40M. After a subdued season with Kane clearly wanting out, I think a 100M bid will be enough. No way he is going for 150M. Haaland will still be first choice, but Kane will be a decent backup option for City.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Everyone wants him - I'm sure.

Won't surprise me at all that if we pay dortmund the Buy Out clause, Pay 60 million in signing on fees - then he leaves us on a free to go to Real Madrid after his 4 year contract finishes.

I really wouldn't mind him going to Madrid first to stop his craving there before he potentially joins us in the future instead.

Cloud7

Kane’s time as one of the hottest properties around has come and gone. Next summer is the summer of Haaland and Mbappe. Even if we end up getting Haaland, I struggle to see City going back in for Kane. Pretty sure they might look at alternative options, like the striker at Napoli.

Cloud7

Everyone wants him - I'm sure.

Won't surprise me at all that if we pay dortmund the Buy Out clause, Pay 60 million in signing on fees - then he leaves us on a free to go to Real Madrid after his 4 year contract finishes.

I really wouldn't mind him going to Madrid first to stop his craving there before he potentially joins us in the future instead.
The problem with going to Madrid is that it’s one of the few clubs where you could see a player like him potentially spending a long, long time, even if evidence points to the contrary right now. Look at Benzema, for example. Madrid usually get the best years of most of their players.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah, commission on deals aren’t a bad thing - a lot of industries thrive that way but I think more regulation ito agent fees etc. wouldn’t be a bad thing for football, especially as in the case of this deal - agent and advisor (whatever his dad would be called :lol:) fees will likely double the actual cost.

Offsideagain

He going to Madrid for sure. His Father and his grubby agent will want as much again as the transfer fee which City won’t pay and neither would United. The Ole connection will be broken because Ole won’t be at United next season at the rate we are going.

seegoblu

Hasn't Pep already said that his is stepping down in two years (end of 22-23 season)? Why would a young player sign up for City when the coach you want to play for won't be there for more than 2 years? As much as City needs a striker, Haaland is probably looking to stay at his next club for 4-5 years. I don't see Haaland signing up for that uncertainty when one of the reasons he didn't join United instead of BVB was the uncertainty surrounding Ole staying for Haaland's entire contract.

Haaland doesn't need to settle for anything other than the perfect situation. I don't know what that is for him, but I don't think City is it.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
PSG and Madrid will offer so much money in terms of wages and fees that he'll basically be taking a pay cut to go anywhere else. So I think they are the two clear favorites unless he shows a genuine willingness to prioritize project over pay somewhere else.

If the club and project is more important, I think its City, Bayern, United in that order right now. That could change of course depending on the results of the season. City have the combination of competing for the top trophies every year, playing in PL, and his father's connection to the club. Bayern compete and win big trophies every year, but he may want to leave the Bundesliga. United have yet to show they can compete for the big trophies again and also there is the issue with the father's history, which I don't think would be decisive but is probably a small negative.

Someone

Something
Given a choice between Kane and Haaland next summer, you'd have to clueless to go for the 29 years old. No offence to Kane, but probably has reached his peak, while God knows how good Haaland can still get.

I do think we have a good shot with him, but we know Riola is going to demand insane wages that will put off most top clubs. It'll be between us, City, and Madrid that's for sure. Not sure how far are we willing to go though.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Hasn't Pep already said that his is stepping down in two years (end of 22-23 season)? Why would a young player sign up for City when the coach you want to play for won't be there for more than 2 years? As much as City needs a striker, Haaland is probably looking to stay at his next club for 4-5 years. I don't see Haaland signing up for that uncertainty when one of the reasons he didn't join United instead of BVB was the uncertainty surrounding Ole staying for Haaland's entire contract.

Haaland doesn't need to settle for anything other than the perfect situation. I don't know what that is for him, but I don't think City is it.
I'm not sure Pep would be that crazy about Haaland.

Just doesn't seem like his type. Seems like something the City board might push on him for his post exit era.

GMoore23

If anything this should boost our chances of signing him. Haaland should want to learn from the greatest goalscorer of all time before it's too late. Its a golden opportunity for him to team up with one of the few true legends of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.