Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
Still the most punchable smug face in football, with a scumbag agent who needs to just disappear. Don't want.

SAFMUTD

Now that we have Rangnick we have a slim shot to prove that we are a serious club and maybe we can attrack Haaland in the summer.

RUCK4444

Now that we have Rangnick we have a slim shot to prove that we are a serious club and maybe we can attrack Haaland in the summer.
Yeah I’m thinking the same. If we still look turd come the summer window then were not even in the mix as an option really.

bosskeano

10m quid bonus just for getting him to sign?? bloody hell

10m for him, 65m for Haaland signing and probably another 25m to Mino plus massive wages

Plant0x84

Shame we’re aren’t more like Brighton
Carpark and snack area adjacent to the abyss
I genuinely think Ole was our link to Erling, and with him gone there isn’t too much to attract him to Utd - over the likes of Real Madrid or City, where he will definitely win something, and will have CL footy every year.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't think Haaland is that stupid.

If he is going to come here he is going to want to know the next manager 6 months down the line.

Maybe we have that lined up like Ten Hag and he gets excited to work with both RR and Ten Hag.

Whilst I Know Pochettino would 100% want him due to his tactics, I'm not sure it would be the best time to entice him after possibly leaving PSG with not much success.

Bwuk

United Stand reporting Ragnick will get the choice of brothels in Manchester if he manages to sign Haaland.

AaronRedDevil

Where can Haaland even play when we have Ronaldo up front. United are hardly selling him in the summer. Also it's hard to convince him to join when united are in the Europa league next season.

United in sin

This kid is Raiola's new Zlatan. I don't see Haaland committing to clubs for more than a few seasons. Even if he came here and did a job for three seasons we'd still have to endure the unending off the field circus that comes with Raiola.

Do we really want to splash a record fee on another one of his major clients? I'd rather focus on Greenwood's development. His immediate future lies in the CF role and could save us millions.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I genuinely think Ole was our link to Erling, and with him gone there isn’t too much to attract him to Utd - over the likes of Real Madrid or City, where he will definitely win something, and will have CL footy every year.
He was a link, but not the only one. In fact he left Molde for Salzburg, and Rangnick was influential in that move. So you are replacing the manager Erling left with the manager he moved to. Not so bad I think.

ForeverRed1

Where can Haaland even play when we have Ronaldo up front. United are hardly selling him in the summer. Also it's hard to convince him to join when united are in the Europa league next season.
Ronaldo plays better with someone up top with him. Cavani for example. Benzema at Madrid. No reason he couldn’t with haaland for one season.
I’m sure haaland would love to partner him.

SAFMUTD

You really think Ole could attract Haaland? he couldnt do it when he was at Salzburg, nevermind at Dortmund. Players like Haaland have the whole world to choose from, only a fool would think they'll choose a club because the manager used to coach him when he was in the lower divisions, specially when that manager is bang average/poor.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
This kid is Raiola's new Zlatan. I don't see Haaland committing to clubs for more than a few seasons. Even if he came here and did a job for three seasons we'd still have to endure the unending off the field circus that comes with Raiola.

Do we really want to splash a record fee on another one of his major clients? I'd rather focus on Greenwood's development. His immediate future lies in the CF role and could save us millions.
Why do people assume Raiola is like some kind of puppet-master who just directs his clients' career? That's now how football agents work. If Haaland finds a club that consistently challenges on all fronts, I don't see him leaving that situation only after a few seasons, especially at his young age. Whoever gets him will definitely have to deal with rumors, pressure to improve his contract or he walks, etc...but that's what any good agent does, and that's what you deal with when it comes to any star players.

If United thinks it's okay to pass up on him to develop Greenwood, it's not a good sign for their intention. It's not even a knock on Greenwood, I think he's brilliant in his own right, but he hasn't shown a thing in comparison to what Haaland is doing, and he will never be that kind of player anyways just based on the difference in physicality. I really think the two of them can co-exist but I think it's absolutely mental to think Greenwood's development takes precedence over the chance at getting Haaland. It's all kind of moot anyways because I think there's very low chances of Haaland even coming here when there's better alternatives within the same league and abroad at the moment and for the foreseeable future.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Why do people assume Raiola is like some kind of puppet-master who just directs his clients' career? That's now how football agents work. If Haaland finds a club that consistently challenges on all fronts, I don't see him leaving that situation only after a few seasons, especially at his young age. Whoever gets him will definitely have to deal with rumors, pressure to improve his contract or he walks, etc...but that's what any good agent does, and that's what you deal with when it comes to any star players.

If United thinks it's okay to pass up on him to develop Greenwood, it's not a good sign for their intention. It's not even a knock on Greenwood, I think he's brilliant in his own right, but he hasn't shown a thing in comparison to what Haaland is doing, and he will never be that kind of player anyways just based on the difference in physicality. I really think the two of them can co-exist but I think it's absolutely mental to think Greenwood's development takes precedence over the chance at getting Haaland. It's all kind of moot anyways because I think there's very low chances of Haaland even coming here when there's better alternatives within the same league and abroad at the moment and for the foreseeable future.
People just can't accept that Haaland hired Raiola to represent him, and Raiola works for Haaland, not the other way around. EPL is the most competitive league, has the most global attention and generate the most money. He will come to EPL next summer.

UTD_Since_1978

People just can't accept that Haaland hired Raiola to represent him, and Raiola works for Haaland, not the other way around. EPL is the most competitive league, has the most global attention and generate the most money. He will come to EPL next summer.
Yeah, too right.

Italy may be Euro champs but their league ain't that attractive.

The German league, people mostly find it too predictable.

The Spanish league has gone down in quality & interest (from non-spanish speaking people) since losing Messi & Ronaldo, hell, Barca's current star player is a UTD reject for crying out loud.

Obviously, in Spanish speaking countries in Central & South America, the Spanish league is probably still more popular than the EPL.

But if you look at the average fan in the huge markets of India, North America, Africa, China, Japan, Thailand & the Middle East, 9 times out of 10 it'll be an EPL match that they will watch on TV & of course for Haaland that will open doors for huge sponsorship deals all over the world, making even more money for him & his agent.

Of course, if Haaland does come to the EPL next season it doesn't mean he will come to Man Utd, we'll have to wait & find out in about 6 months time.

dinostar77

Graham Hunter said a few days ago, that Perez has the funds to land both Mbappe and Haaland and that is the plan for next summer. Whether he can land both remains to be seen.

He also said if it isnt Madrid then it will be either Bayern or City and that's it. Haaland wants to win the biggest trophies and needs a club setup to do that.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
I wouldn’t discount Liverpool or city from the Mbappe and Haaland race the longer the season goes on. I think we are in a pretty poor position for either currently. Back in rebuild mode. A tonne of expensive players for every attacking position already. Mino and the Pogba situation dragging on. I was pretty confident of getting haaland if we’d a good season under Ole and re- signed Pogba but that was before we signed Ronaldo and Ole crashed out.

Real will throw the kitchen sink at Mbappe on a free so that’s him probably gone. Haaland goes to city I reckon. Same job. Half a million a week. At those figures I’d rather we went for Vlahovic or someone else and a couple of midfielders.

Bebestation

La Liga looks absolutely dead to me.

If they are craving to go then so be it I guess.

Taking the easy way out like plenty of good players do.

SER19

La Liga looks absolutely dead to me.

If they are craving to go then so be it I guess.

Taking the easy way out like plenty of good players do.
Ya it would be a terrible move at the minute. Looks like it's getting worse every month too. He should go to bayern or PL

Bebestation

Ya it would be a terrible move at the minute. Looks like it's getting worse every month too. He should go to bayern or PL
I mean I feel like sure, people have talked about their dream to play for Real Madrid - just when Haaland talks about his interest to also play in the PL then going to La Liga right now just seems like he wants to retire with a good CV.

Hoof the ball

Graham Hunter said a few days ago, that Perez has the funds to land both Mbappe and Haaland and that is the plan for next summer. Whether he can land both remains to be seen.

He also said if it isnt Madrid then it will be either Bayern or City and that's it. Haaland wants to win the biggest trophies and needs a club setup to do that.
Vinicius Jnr, Haaland, Mbappe :lol:
Frightening.

criticalanalysis

I wouldn’t discount Liverpool or city from the Mbappe and Haaland race the longer the season goes on. I think we are in a pretty poor position for either currently. Back in rebuild mode. A tonne of expensive players for every attacking position already. Mino and the Pogba situation dragging on. I was pretty confident of getting haaland if we’d a good season under Ole and re- signed Pogba but that was before we signed Ronaldo and Ole crashed out.

Real will throw the kitchen sink at Mbappe on a free so that’s him probably gone. Haaland goes to city I reckon. Same job. Half a million a week. At those figures I’d rather we went for Vlahovic or someone else and a couple of midfielders.
Unless both of those players make it a conscious choice to choose Liverpool and basically accept lower financial terms, there's no way they will compete for their signatures. Liverpool would have to win both the PL and CL for their owners to spend that amount of money and even then it would be a huge shock imo. It's just not their financial model.

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Really hope he ends up at madrid. Can't stand to see another world class at city for the next 10 years.

Bwuk

Swap Rashford out for Haaland in today’s side and we’d be terrifying.

Bebestation

I want to know people's opinion-

There's been talks about Rangnick trying to bring Haaland here because of their link up in the past.

Now I dont see Haaland joining here just because Rangnick is the coach, especially when he is on a short term managerial contract.

If Rangnick is going to bring him here, he is going to have to give a hint to Haaland about who Haaland's next manager will be especially as its been said that Rangnick's will choose the manager who should take over him.

So which future manager could tempt Haaland to join us here? Who would he want to play for after Rangnick's 6 months management spell goes and he becomes part of the board?

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I want to know people's opinion-

There's been talks about Rangnick trying to bring Haaland here because of their link up in the past.

Now I dont see Haaland joining here just because Rangnick is the coach, especially when he is on a short term managerial contract.

If Rangnick is going to bring him here, he is going to have to give a hint to Haaland about who Haaland's next manager will be especially as its been said that Rangnick's will choose the manager who should take over him.

So which future manager could tempt Haaland to join us here? Who would he want to play for after Rangnick's 6 months management spell goes and he becomes part of the board?
Roy Keane.

bosskeano

Looks like Haaland following in Jude's footsteps and commenting about the official after the match Saturday as well.

Highfather_24

The "we have Cristiano we cant have Haaland", becomes moot if we play in a 4-2-2-2. Infact Haaland-Ronaldo would be a terrifying front 2, with Rashford and Greenwood from the bench.

Have Sancho, Bruno, VdB and Amad creating chances for them :drool:

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
I didn't say its bad, but its like 4 goals in 5 games per year over the past 3 years, against mostly very poor opponents. Its really nothing special there, and definitely not "killing it" at international stage yet.

That's all the opponents he has scored against in the past 3 years so far:

Gibraltar - 3 goals (rank 203)
Romania - 3 goals (rank 44)
N. Ireland - 2 goals (rank 54)
Netherland - 1 goal (rank 10)
Austria - 1 goal (rank 30)
Latvia - 1 goal (rank 134)
Luxembourg - 1 goal (rank 93)

Basically he only managed to score more than 1 goal against very weak opponents. It still a decent return in average, but nothing outstanding.
His predecessor only score pittance against more or less the same opponent.

Still outstanding I'd say. Even kane dont get that much playing for england against minnows

Status
Not open for further replies.