Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

croadyman

Nice to hear his dad talk about us in a positive way which gives me a bit of hope

RedCurry

Yes.

FFP is dead in the water, and if it's one thing City does have, it's money. No transfer fee, and I think Messi will take a pay cut anyway. That doesn't mean he won't be the best paid player in the league - by quite some distance even - but I think they can afford it.

It would be the final blow to any kind of financial jurisdiction, though.
Ummm yeah.

Messi this summer.

Followed by Haaland next summer with his release clause.
I guess it does seem possible. Especially since they will probably be getting Aguero off their books, having already done so with David Silva.
Messi is as much of an investment as a footballer can be if you think from a marketing perspective.

Also I was listening to the Ornstein and Chapman podcast and one of the journalists on there said Pep had a very bad relationship with Raiola from when they clashed over Zlatan at Barca, if he doesn’t want to deal with Raiola I really don’t see the city hierarchy overruling him.
I can actually see this as being a genuine hurdle.

Bwuk

He doesn’t seem the sort of player City sign. I think it’s more likely City sign Mbappe than Haaland.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
However, Alfe-Inge Haaland still has Manchester United on his mind.

“Manchester United have achieved great success in recent years,” Haaland told German outlet Sport1.

“The club is also trying to build something new there. But to draw comparison now is not so easy because he (Erling) is already playing in Dortmund.

“These are two very traditional clubs with a large fan base and a glorious history. Man United is a very proud club, just like Dortmund in Germany.”

---

I dont see why people are feeling like this transfer wont happen and we are not one of the favourites. Real Madrid and Barcelona are one of their weakest versions of themselves in arguably decades. Haaland wants to leave Germany so not to Bayern. PSG maybe when he needs his last pay check. The place he wants the attention and the transfer is the PL and it all aligns to United - the manager being a big fan, the fact that we wanted him first when City showed no prior interest, the history of the legendary Norwegian striker, the striker suiting the tactics and the formations, the rise of the the new version of United needing a striker like Haaland seems like an icing on the cake and everyone knows it, even his dad. Just because his dad played for City doesnt make Man City the only club he would look at.

For me United are the clear favourites and hopefully it works out.

NoneBmStore

We tend to forget that all clubs probably have a strained relationship with Raiola (and most agents probably). It’s not only us who feel like we’ve been effed over. There’s no point in bearing a grudge with an agent if it denies us the opportunity to sign an absolute world class striker.

justsomebloke

Barca and Real have always got themselves out of financial holes. I’m sure they can find a spare training ground to sell to the government...

For the likes of Haaland, who is as sure a bet as you can get, I think both will find the money.
Less sure about that right now. Apparently, Barca can't afford Depay at 5m.

Those quotes put to bed the silly idea his dad would never let him come here, it was always nonsense.
yeah, was always bollocks.

too mans fans don’t understand that footballers are professionals not supporters. They base it on their own rivalries.

It’s about their career, not what shirt they wore as an 11 year old.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Like Grealish, he would have to do something about his hair if he wants to come here.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
However, Alfe-Inge Haaland still has Manchester United on his mind.

“Manchester United have achieved great success in recent years,” Haaland told German outlet Sport1.

“The club is also trying to build something new there. But to draw comparison now is not so easy because he (Erling) is already playing in Dortmund.

“These are two very traditional clubs with a large fan base and a glorious history. Man United is a very proud club, just like Dortmund in Germany.”

---

I dont see why people are feeling like this transfer wont happen and we are not one of the favourites. Real Madrid and Barcelona are one of their weakest versions of themselves in arguably decades. Haaland wants to leave Germany so not to Bayern. PSG maybe when he needs his last pay check. The place he wants the attention and the transfer is the PL and it all aligns to United - the manager being a big fan, the fact that we wanted him first when City showed no prior interest, the history of the legendary Norwegian striker, the striker suiting the tactics and the formations, the rise of the the new version of United needing a striker like Haaland seems like an icing on the cake and everyone knows it, even his dad. Just because his dad played for City doesnt make Man City the only club he would look at.

For me United are the clear favourites and hopefully it works out.
Those quotes if real seem very encouraging! Please can somebody remind me how much left on Haalands contracts´s now and if he really wants to leave? Why so soon? Im not a regular in this thread.

He would be a perfect signing. Sancho although superb player wouldn´t fix our biggest issue and that´s our running power from the front. Cavani´s good but on his last legs. Martial wont make runs, Rashford seems lazy and better from the left. Would certainly be a beginning of a better pressing team with Haaland up front with Pogba, Bruno and others providing a lot of creativity from behind to support him. Certainly need him more than Sancho who´s having a quiet season and is perhaps not hardworking enough. Plus Diallo might look the real deal. We have some time to evaluate untill the end of the season..

Those quotes if real seem very encouraging! Please can somebody remind me how much left on Haalands contracts´s now and if he really wants to leave? Why so soon? Im not a regular in this thread.

He would be a perfect signing. Sancho although superb player wouldn´t fix our biggest issue and that´s our running power from the front. Cavani´s good but on his last legs. Martial wont make runs, Rashford seems lazy and better from the left. Would certainly be a beginning of a better pressing team with Haaland up front with Pogba, Bruno and others providing a lot of creativity from behind to support him. Certainly need him more than Sancho who´s having a quiet season and is perhaps not hardworking enough. Plus Diallo might look the real deal. We have some time to evaluate untill the end of the season..
I dint think how long he’s got left on his contract is particularly relevant - because he’s got a release clause that becomes active in the summer of 2022.

it’s rumoured to be in the region of £60m - which in anyone’s eyes is below market value, and therefore there will be some pressure to sell him this summer, as clubs would be willing to pay £100m. So Dortmund’s conundrum is whether to keep him for another season and forgo a massive chunk of money.

Dortmund was always a stepping stone - he’s made progress quicker than the vast majority of people would have expected.

Needham

Could never take him seriously as a Manchester United player. He's only one consonant away from being named after the most laughable country in history.

RUCK4444

God I hope we do everything to sign this lad. It makes so much sense and is one player that would honestly kick us on to the next level.

If we want to establish ourselves back as a challenger for the league consistently we have to have an elite no 9. No better option in Europe than Haaland.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
God I hope we do everything to sign this lad. It makes so much sense and is one player that would honestly kick us on to the next level.

If we want to establish ourselves back as a challenger for the league consistently we have to have an elite no 9. No better option in Europe than Haaland.
Watch us do feck all when he moves to another club.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Move heaven and earth to get this kid, he’s the one to make us regular title challengers.

mu4c_20le

Harry Kane?

Harry Kane?
Kane is a great player, but he’s not going anywhere.

When you consider Haalands availability, @RUCK4444 is right.

So few decent strikers around these days (most just play as an inside left forward.

are there any other decent strikers under 25 in Europe? I genuinely can’t think of any.

mu4c_20le

Kane is a great player, but he’s not going anywhere.

When you consider Haalands availability, @RUCK4444 is right.

So few decent strikers around these days (most just play as an inside left forward.

are there any other decent strikers under 25 in Europe? I genuinely can’t think of any.
I like Haaland as well, but he already turned us down once, and now he's Europe's hottest property with almost any club to choose from. With the way our old guard constantly name drops Kane as the final piece of our puzzle, I'm actually beginning to think he may be more realistic than Haaland..

I like Haaland as well, but he already turned us down once, and now he's Europe's hottest property with almost any club to choose from. With the way our old guard constantly name drops Kane as the final piece of our puzzle, I'm actually beginning to think he may be more realistic than Haaland..
whether he ‘tuned us down’ or not - I couldn’t care less.

he got game time, and was able to develop his game in a less pressurised environment. Then gets to more to a big club and can start immediately. Good career decision.

besides, we didn’t entertain the idea of a release clause.

RUCK4444

Watch us do feck all when he moves to another club.
I would be livid.

We need an entourage hounding him and his management team, bigging up the appeal of being the leader of a resurgent United, he will be worshiped by the biggest fanbase in the world for returning this sleeping giant to its former glory!!
Plus we will create an emoji for him and quadruple his Twitter followers.

Seriously though, we need to go big, pay more than the release clause if that’s required and offer him the big bucks.

I’m hoping he will be the type to relish the challenge and pressure of being United’s no 9 and the expectation to win the league. He seems he might have that edge to his personality.

Judas

Open to offers
We'll obviously be interested if there's a chance, it's utterly knowingly negative to think we won't be. We've already shown we want him, it won't have changed. Ole wants a striker, he has since he arrived, and I still fully expect Haaland is his first choice.

croadyman

What did he say? Obviously has a good relationship with Ole

“These are two very traditional clubs with a large fan base and a glorious history. Man United is a very proud club,

Crustanoid

He’s a United player. When we bought Rooney, it was the same circumstances. Hopefully Ed and the Board realise this. SAF was like (with Rooney), this is a United player, we need to sign him. And we saw what happened afterwards. Ed, make sure you do the right thing by this club in this case

RRCE

He’s a United player. When we bought Rooney, it was the same circumstances. Hopefully Ed and the Board realise this. SAF was like (with Rooney), this is a United player, we need to sign him. And we saw what happened afterwards. Ed, make sure you do the right thing by this club in this case
I don’t think Ed has any understanding of what a United player is. I have no doubt Ole does, and would make his wishes abundantly clear. In relation to Halaand, he undoubtedly already has. I don’t buy the stories about the buyout clause being an insurmountable obstacle. Ed didn’t get the deal done and let Ole down.

Halaand is a special talent and a player we should be moving heaven and earth to bring in. I just don’t think Ed can pull it off.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Dortmund getting more value out of Haaland than winning the goddamn EuroJackpot first price.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
He has outgrown Dortmund already. If they don't make the CL I can't see any reasons why he'd stay beyond the summer. We desperately need to be on alert.

Dve

He has outgrown Dortmund already. If they don't make the CL I can't see any reasons why he'd stay beyond the summer. We desperately need to be on alert.
He´ll still be under contract though, and Dortmund will demand silly money. If they end outside top 4, I doubt they will have much appetite for selling their 2 best players, and Sancho seems like the one more likely to leave.

Dve

I don’t think Ed has any understanding of what a United player is. I have no doubt Ole does, and would make his wishes abundantly clear. In relation to Halaand, he undoubtedly already has. I don’t buy the stories about the buyout clause being an insurmountable obstacle. Ed didn’t get the deal done and let Ole down.

Halaand is a special talent and a player we should be moving heaven and earth to bring in. I just don’t think Ed can pull it off.
I believe that story is a bit outdated. Haaland chose Dortmund because he felt that would be better for his development, i.e. he would get into the team. At United, he would have had to compete with Martial who looked undroppable at the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.