Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Could try to emulate Zlatan. I think he's had injuries but kept himself in top shape and still plays at 56
Hopefully he doesn't try to emulate Zlatan's consistent irrelevance in the Champions League crunch moments. :lol:

Wolf1992

Supports
No team in particular.
Hopefully he doesn't try to emulate Zlatan's consistent irrelevance in the Champions League crunch moments. :lol:
Haaland and Mbappé will surpass Zlatan goal record in the CL in no time.

But not just Zlatan, also Del Piero, Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Inzaghi, Thomas Muller, Raul, Shevchenko,etc... everyone except Ronaldo and Messi.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Champions League isn't exactly be-all and end-all. Luis Suarez's UCL career overall is extremely underwhelming and he's one of the best strikers in history. Ronaldo Nazario was nothing special either in UCL and he's one of the most talented players ever seen. Meanwhile, someone like Karim Benzema has a remarkable UCL stats and most people wouldn't say he's as good as Luis Suarez, Thierry Henry, Shevchenko etc.

Why don't you talk about Prime Zlatan won 13 league trophies in 15 seasons since he left Malmö FF? He was a beast in the league campaigns and scored goals for fun. Or Zlatan scored 62 goals for a subpar Sweden and lead them to several Euros and World Cup?

If Haaland comes close to Zlatan's accomplishments, it would be extremely impressive for the former.

Haaland and Mbappé will surpass Zlatan goal record in the CL in no time.

But not just Zlatan, also Del Piero, Van Nistelrooy, Henry, Inzaghi, Thomas Muller, Raul, Shevchenko,etc... everyone except Ronaldo and Messi.
Bar injuries, I don't see why Haaland or Mbappe cannot surpass Cristiano or Messi in UCL all-time scoring list? They are in their early 20s and already scored around 25 goals in the tournament. Once Mbappe & Haaland gets an all-time great supporting cast like Cristiano & Messi had, they'll become top 2 scorers in UCL history for sure.

Last edited:

George The Best

Highly unlikely he will come here, we might not even have CL next season. Only reason I can think of that would give us a chance is our new manager appointment. Ten Hag might give us a very outside sniff.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Watched his interview. He wants England.

He likes kebabs and Pina colada.

And full stadium ️.

Last edited:

Seij

The dude only has his eyes on Real, just like Mbappe. It's the white shirt fever that we are all too familiar with.

We may be able to convince him if we pay him 1M/w and Raiola 50M, but otherwise, he's joining Real.

Last edited:

Seij

Champions League isn't exactly be-all and end-all. Luis Suarez's UCL career overall is extremely underwhelming and he's one of the best strikers in history. Ronaldo Nazario was nothing special either in UCL and he's one of the most talented players ever seen. Meanwhile, someone like Karim Benzema has a remarkable UCL stats and most people wouldn't say he's as good as Luis Suarez, Thierry Henry, Shevchenko etc.

Why don't you talk about Prime Zlatan won 13 league trophies in 15 seasons since he left Malmö FF? He was a beast in the league campaigns and scored goals for fun. Or Zlatan scored 62 goals for a subpar Sweden and lead them to several Euros and World Cup?

If Haaland comes close to Zlatan's accomplishments, it would be extremely impressive for the former.

Bar injuries, I don't see why Haaland or Mbappe cannot surpass Cristiano or Messi in UCL all-time scoring list? They are in their early 20s and already scored around 25 goals in the tournament. Once Mbappe & Haaland gets an all-time great supporting cast like Cristiano & Messi had, they'll become top 2 scorers in UCL history for sure.
Haaland definitely has the best chance of all active players, but the big thing about Messi and Ronaldo was their insane longevity at the very top level. We'll have to see how long Mbappe and Haaland can maintain their form.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.

They may, but it’s not likely, because of how challenging it is to score consistently and progress to further stage seasons after seasons, for very long period of time.

For example, Haaland only managed to score 3 CL goals this season, despite scoring around 10 goals each in previous 2 seasons. He may surpass the record if he could repeat 10 goals every season for next 12 seasons or so, however he won’t surpass the record if he could only repeat 3 goals every seasons for the next 30 seasons or so.

Consistency and longevity are the keys, being able to play in a great team is another one, and luck also plays a big part.

Last edited:

lex talionis

The lure of Real is overwhelming. Erling will wear the white shirt and be measured against the greatest footballers of all time, playing in I’ve the great cathedrals and enjoying the greatest pleasures known to man.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Haaland definitely has the best chance of all active players, but the big thing about Messi and Ronaldo was their insane longevity at the very top level. We'll have to see how long Mbappe and Haaland can maintain their form.
Cristiano scored his first UCL-goal against Roma as a 23-year-old. Haaland & Mbappe have already a massive headstart in their UCL-career as they've scored around 25 goals.

The biggest reason for Cristiano & Messi being top 2 scorers in UCL history is because they were fortune of playing in a ridiculously stacked teams and were title favorites to win UCL every year. Neither Cristiano or Messi would score 100+ goals if they played for a club of BVB's level.

Look how someone like Karim Benzema is 5th highest goalscorer in UCL-history with 71 goals and only 3 goals away from surpassing Raul. And the latter averaged only 5 goals per season in his UCL-career, never scored 8 goals in a single campaign.

Haaland & Mbappe as the main man in their respective crazy stacked team definitely has the capacity to score as many UCL-goals as Messi & Cristiano. The only question mark would be if they can stay healthy, although it's something that's always you've to consider regardless what topic it's about.

They may, but it’s not likely, because of how challenging it is to score consistently and progress to further stage seasons after seasons, for very long period of time.

For example, Haaland only managed to score 3 CL goals this season, despite scoring around 10 goals each in previous 2 seasons. He may surpass the record if he could repeat 10 goals every season for next 12 seasons or so, however he won’t surpass the record if he could only repeat 3 goals every seasons for the next 30 seasons or so.

Consistency and longevity are the keys, being able to play in a great team is another one, and luck also plays a big part.
Haaland only scored 3 UCL-goals this season due to injuries. Messi & Cristiano didn't play in just a "regular" great team, they were surrounded with legendary all-time great teammates such as Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alves, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Marcelo, Carvajal etc. Both Real Madrid & Barca during 2010s were far & away the most stacked teams in the world and favorites to win UCL every year. Neither Messi & Cristiano would be top scorers in history if they played on Arsenal, BVB etc

Last edited:

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Haaland only scored 3 UCL-goals this season due to injuries. Messi & Cristiano didn't play in just a "regular" great team, they were surrounded with legendary all-time great teammates such as Neymar, Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Alves, Modric, Kroos, Casemiro, Marcelo, Carvajal etc. Both Real Madrid & Barca during 2010s were far & away the most stacked teams in the world and favorites to win UCL every year. Neither Messi & Cristiano would be top scorers in history if they played on Arsenal, BVB etc
Of course, that’s exactly my whole point. You can’t just assume Haaland would score 10+ goals in every single CL campaign consistently over next decade or so. There are so many other factors to consider too. This season is one example he didn’t manage to do so, and the same could happen to him again in future too. And it seems he has been abit injury prone anyway, so it does not look like a sure thing he could reach that record.

Then if you look at Mbappe, he average 4-6 goals per season, that would take him at least another 20+ seasons to reach that record.

Last edited:

troylocker

Last edited:

Noot

Supports
Manchester City

Devil_forever

You're only young once, you can be immature f'ever
Head of the naval division of lolibfascon

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Probably the weirdest thing about Bluemoon is that this guy gets things wrong all the time but if you mention it on a thread where he makes claims like this one you get pelters from posters who've got memories too short to recall that.
He's got plenty right too.

Noot

Supports
Manchester City
He's got plenty right too.
Of course, almost every time we're linked with a player he says some form of 'yes he's coming' or says nothing at all. It would be utterly impossible not to get a few right with that strategy.

If he says a player has agreed to come and it doesn't happen he inevitably hides behind the "well things change, I was correct at the time" defence which is of course completely unverifiable and can't be taken to indicate he wasn't just guessing.

Gentleman Jim

It's absolutely amazing! Perfect even.
Supports
city
Of course, almost every time we're linked with a player he says some form of 'yes he's coming' or says nothing at all. It would be utterly impossible not to get a few right with that strategy.

If he says a player has agreed to come and it doesn't happen he inevitably hides behind the "well things change, I was correct at the time" defence which is of course completely unverifiable and can't be taken to indicate he wasn't just guessing.
He’s an insider, no doubt about that. The board owner Ric Turner has verified that..
BTW have you seen 93:20Blue‘s post?

Offsideagain

I’ve been saying for many months that Haaland is going to Madrid. City have signed a cut price striker from South America who is young and inexperienced in European football, ideal for them to sell on in two years for a profit. They are top of the PL without spending £150m on Haaland and more for his Dad and agent. Madrid will make Haaland a ‘Galactico’ signing this summer.

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
Even if Haaland has "said yes" to City. The main sticking point is going to be Raiola. I can't imagine any way that City pay what he'll be looking for. Haaland has probably said yes to a list of clubs that he'd be happy to join and Raiola is currently going around them asking which one would pay him the most

copen1945

Even if Haaland has "said yes" to City. The main sticking point is going to be Raiola. I can't imagine any way that City pay what he'll be looking for. Haaland has probably said yes to a list of clubs that he'd be happy to join and Raiola is currently going around them asking which one would pay him the most
An agent so disliked is now a beacon of hope. Only he can be the instrumental figure to steer Haaland to Spain, away from Man City.

Nero

Apparently he was 100% City last season. They actually wanted Kane.

The Caf's negativty prophets have a terrible track record. Everyone is nailed on for City, Liverpool, Chelsea.

Bestietom

He is a beast and has unbelievable numbers at his age, his clause is around 75m we should do whatever it takes to make him our number one target. Read that Madrid is leading the race to get him.
75 million is transfer fee then we have to pay him enormous wages and deal with his agent also.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I’ve been saying for many months that Haaland is going to Madrid.
Possibly... think it depends if Madrid can finance him and mbappe?

If not then I think city are probably the next most likley

After that a few clubs as potential (but unlikely )destinations... psg, bayern, chelsea... us if we get cl football perhaps?

A few weeks ago I wasn't that bothered as we had rashford Greenwood sancho for the best part of next decade

As it is now yeah we probably do have a bigger need for him... but for him I doubt we are more than a back up in the unlikely event Madrid or City won't pay crazy wages (spoiler... they will)

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Possibly... think it depends if Madrid can finance him and mbappe?
Mbappé +50M
Bale -30M
Marcelo -15M
Isco -15M
Halaand -65M(rough estimate)

+55M. Think we can afford it with a couple of sales

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Mbappé +50M
Bale -30M
Marcelo -15M
Isco -15M
Halaand -65M(rough estimate)

+55M. Think we can afford it with a couple of sales
Probably... I think Madrid are favourites though I've not looked at how much headroom they have ffp etc... I know they are in much better position financially than Barca though

MongeySpangle

Supports
Manchester City
Haaland and Mbappe in the same window for roughly 70-80 million in transfer fees? Madrid could pull off the greatest double transfer of all time here, and it wouldn't even be close.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I highly doubt that is how agents work for their clients. They will be fired by their clients right away if they put their interest over the players.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I highly doubt that is how agents work for their clients. They will be fired by their clients right away if they put their interest over the players.
Should probably be rephrased to "who pays Haaland's camp the most" (which would include Raiola, but obviously the player as well).

gajender

Come on now you aren't allowed to talk sense when it comes to Raiola here.

NoPace

I’ve been saying for many months that Haaland is going to Madrid. City have signed a cut price striker from South America who is young and inexperienced in European football, ideal for them to sell on in two years for a profit. They are top of the PL without spending £150m on Haaland and more for his Dad and agent. Madrid will make Haaland a ‘Galactico’ signing this summer.
It'll be awkward with Benzema and Mbappe, though. Does Mbappe want to play on the right for the next 10 years?

City should probably break the bank on Haaland. Their only other big squads needs are a new backup DM for Rodri to replace Fernandinho and selling Zinchenko and replacing him with a proper LB, which shouldn't cost more than 20M to upgrade as there's no obvious 60M LB type to buy even since Bayern aren't selling Davies for even 90M I don't think, and he doesn't seem interested in leaving. If they don't win the CL again that might change things for them too.

Status
Not open for further replies.