Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jericholyte2

I’m with Gary Neville on this.
Utd should have nothing to do with Raiola or any of his players, ever again.
Absolutely, we’ve avoided signing players for some f the most stupid reasons. An agent who consistently disrespects the club and uses it as his own personal cash cow is far from the worst.

Whilst he’s represented by Raiola we should avoid at all costs.

iammemphis

iwillnotaskforanamechangeagain
Mental that some people would turn down the opportunity to sign one of the world's best players purely because of an agent :houllier:

Bear in mind Pogba approves of Raiola's cnutish ways, otherwise he would have sacked him off years ago. What is the point in cutting your nose off to spite your face when a young player like Haaland becomes available with a €60m euro releas clause, one of the worlds best talents. For all you know he could be telling Raiola to get him a move to us but under the best terms possible. And here you lot are turning him down. Bizarre.

Hughie77

Missed out on guys like this before, there'll be others too. Man Utd should give players one chance to sign. If they refuse, clearly they don't have to desire to play for the club, then feck them. Move on and find another player who does want to play for the club.
Agree . I know Mbappe will be expensive, but if utd with some sponsors cash it's a big if we could try get him, but his wages would be massive would it upset the status quo?.

BalanceUnAutreJoint

Agree . I know Mbappe will be expensive, but if utd with some sponsors cash it's a big if we could try get him, but his wages would be massive would it upset the status quo?.
There's no way Mbappe is coming to a club that isn't consistently getting UCL KO stage appearances.
He is obsessed with stats and legacy.

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
Shut up with that bs. They're nowhere near the biggest. Ronaldo was the primary driver during those past years. They're not in the emergent markets and the mass appeal is.
if you can't see Madrid are the biggest and most iconic football club on the planet, there isn't anything i can do, except to tell you to stop believing the propaganda of our own club.

UncleBob

Since when have sponsors chucked in cash for player signings?

i think Mbappe is a fantastic player, however he’s not an out and out forward. Haaland would make far more if a difference to us, given we already have Rashford and Martial as that inside forward.

arthurka

Don't care if he is the best player since Pele his agent is Riola and that nullifies any involvement for me.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
We haven't lost out in a deal head to head against city since Ed took over... what a daft post.
You've had a mare here. I said flubbed deals (see Baines, Herrera v1.0, Bale, Thiago, Moura, Kante, Maguire 1.0 etc etc) nothing to do with whether we've taken on and signed City's targets or not.

Caesar2290

Should we be worried if more and more top players don't have the desire to play for our club though? Do something about it? Why do all the players have the desire to play for Madrid?
It's not a new trend. Ronaldo, Benzema and a couple of others went there when we were at our peak. It's nothing new really. What is new is the fact that we are signing established players. We never used to do that under Fergie.

You've had a mare here. I said flubbed deals (see Baines, Herrera v1.0, Bale, Thiago, Moura, Kante, Maguire 1.0 etc etc) nothing to do with whether we've taken on and signed City's targets or not.
Herrera is the only one on the list that Ed fecked up and he learned from it. Ironically 2 of the players on your list actually played for United.

Also when did we try to sign Bale, Moura, Kante or Maguire 1.0? We were interested(monitoring the situation), but we never made any concrete steps to actually sign any of these players. The Thiago deal was done by Gill, not Ed. But Moyes said he didn't want him or he dithered, can't remember really.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
Imagine where this squad could have been if Ole had been able to bring in Bruno and Haaland in the same transfer window.:mad:

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
if you can't see Madrid are the biggest and most iconic football club on the planet, there isn't anything i can do, except to tell you to stop believing the propaganda of our own club.
They are not. Get out of Europe a bit. Name any non-latin/romance countries where they are number 1.

They are the most prestigious, the biggest, never. English football and clubs are far, far ahead in the pyramid of popularity.

SplitzMagic

Actual possible alternative could be brewing.

Juve want Ronaldo off the books due to age, wages and over reliance.

We swap Ronaldo for Pogba this summer.

Ronaldo did say he would like to return to us 'someday'.

Mbappe is out of contract in 2022 so we sign him on a slightly lower but still record breaking transfer because he will want to play with his idol before he retires.

We end up with a front line of Rashford Ronaldo and Mbappe

Midfield of VDB Bruno and Fred/McTominay.

We live happily ever after whilst Haaland tears up La Liga.

Oh and probably sell Martial to the highest bidder.

:drool:

dal

Sign Haaland if he parts company with Riola, if not he can jog on.

We have Greenwood, rashford and Cavani, let’s see how Greenwood develops.

Martial, Cavani, Rashford, Greenwood, Diallo, Bruno, Pogba.

We will have 7 players for four positions in January which is basically perfect and allows us to bed in some further youth players.

Replacing Pogba with Maddison/Grealish would vastly improve our forward line.

A martial replacement would be welcome too whether that’s from the academy or a singing.

Last edited:

Murray3007

There's no way Mbappe is coming to a club that isn't consistently getting UCL KO stage appearances.
He is obsessed with stats and legacy.

Not sure i can believe that to be honest, if it was true he would not be at PSG. would have moved to Madrid or Barca.

Chief123

I think it is nailed on he goes to City if he is coming to the PL. It's one of those deals we have regularly flubbed since Ed took over.
We’ve pretty much won every head to head battle for signings in recent years against city, so strange post.

It’s well known Utd are extravagant when it comes to wage structure which City refuse to meet such high demands.

RVP, Fred, Sanchez, Maguire. All players city wanted as well.

Plymouth Red

We’ve pretty much won every head to head battle for signings in recent years against city, so strange post.

It’s well known Utd are extravagant when it comes to wage structure which City refuse to meet such high demands.

RVP, Fred, Sanchez, Maguire. All players city wanted as well.
I wouldn't write off family ties working against us. And there's also the small consideration of ability to win medals. We'd definitely not be on top of the pile in that debate, even with his firepower working for us.

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
City don't exactly look like title contenders based upon the last 18 months. They are currently below us and I saw nothing we need to fear from them in the game on Saturday (and yes they can say similar about us).

I'd say Haaland is as likely to turn us into contenders as he would City and so it'll come down to personal preference if he has to make that choice (assuming he prefers England to Spain or course)

Hughie77

Since when have sponsors chucked in cash for player signings?
When havent they? Where do you think the money comes from just ticket sales! So Chevy wouldn't like A top player wearing there shirt as would Adidas!.

UncleBob

When havent they? Where do you think the money comes from just ticket sales! So Chevy wouldn't like A top player wearing there shirt as would Adidas!.
The money comes from our revenue, and loans, it sure as feck doesn't come from Chevy or Adidas stating that "Here, spend these £80mill on Paul Pogba"

troylocker

Missed out on guys like this before, there'll be others too. Man Utd should give players one chance to sign. If they refuse, clearly they don't have to desire to play for the club, then feck them. Move on and find another player who does want to play for the club.
We haven't and there won't. So players that say no to us at 19 thinking they need one more step before going to a top club should just feck off no matter how good they are and want to join us? Nice!

UnofficialDevil

Anti Scottish and Preoccupied with Donkeys.
I'm not anti Scottish, I just wanted Moyes out.
It's not a new trend. Ronaldo, Benzema and a couple of others went there when we were at our peak. It's nothing new really. What is new is the fact that we are signing established players. We never used to do that under Fergie.
This isn't true, Ferdinand was exact the equivalent of Maquire, we made Rio the most expensive transfer of a defender in the world and the British transfer record.
Veron, Blanc, Tevez, Rio, Rooney, Stam, Hargreaves, Berbatov, Owen, Van Persie were all established players when we signed them.

Oranges038

We haven't and there won't. So players that say no to us at 19 thinking they need one more step before going to a top club should just feck off no matter how good they are and want to join us? Nice!

The club has and yes they should.

Why hold out the hope that one day he might change his mind and keep chasing someone who doesn't want to be there?

The Urban Goose

Why hold out the hope that one day he might change his mind and keep chasing someone who doesn't want to be there?
You're right. I mean, that Robin van Persie should have gone and fecked himself rather than SAF humiliating himself by signing him from Arsenal.

Oh, hang on...

Mo Caine

Supports
United from 1977 until 2007
They are not. Get out of Europe a bit. Name any non-latin/romance countries where they are number 1.

They are the most prestigious, the biggest, never. English football and clubs are far, far ahead in the pyramid of popularity.
How many top players knock them back ? Stop believing the shite they tell gullible people about the ''best league in the world''

troylocker

Petty pride and hurt feelings are not very attractive attributes and should never take part in decision making on any level or in any arena (or personal life).

Haaland was 19 when we were in for him last year. He didn't turn us down because he didn't like us or didn't see us as worthy of his signature. He missed out on him because he felt he was only wanted by the manager and not the club, the players and staff at Dortmund did a great job charming him by sending him PMs on social media telling him how cool it would be if he came there, he was promised a role as the main #9, they gave him the release clause he wanted to be in control of his career and he could continue his recordbreaking debut season in the knockouts of the CL.

I can't see how you can hold any grudges against him for making the choice he did, for half the wage we offered him as well. He wanted the right arena to develop in. He'll come here if we show him we have ambitions of getting back to the top and include him in one of the lead roles. Right now trying to sign him would alone be proof of our ambitions.

He would be the best number 9 ever to wear red if he came here.

Oranges038

Petty pride and hurt feelings are not very attractive attributes and should never take part in decision making on any level or in any arena (or personal life).

Haaland was 19 when we were in for him last year. He didn't turn us down because he didn't like us or didn't see us as worthy of his signature. He missed out on him because he felt he was only wanted by the manager and not the club, the players and staff at Dortmund did a great job charming him by sending him PMs on social media telling him how cool it would be if he came there, he was promised a role as the main #9, they gave him the release clause he wanted to be in control of his career and he could continue his recordbreaking debut season in the knockouts of the CL.

I can't see how you can hold any grudges against him for making the choice he did, for half the wage we offered him as well. He wanted the right arena to develop in. He'll come here if we show him we have ambitions of getting back to the top and include him in one of the lead roles. Right now trying to sign him would alone be proof of our ambitions.

He would be the best number 9 ever to wear red if he came here.
9 is just a number on a shirt. He would have to spend almost his entire career at the club to be the best ever striker. He won't be that, because no matter where he goes his agent will be angling for a move and a new pay day after a coulle of years. If he had real ambitions to play for the club would have been here and been a starting striker for the last year, no doubt about that.

Also, it's not petty pride it's about the club having some self respect. It's the very same way Mourinho should be at have been hired and Pogba should never have been bought back.

Oranges038

You're right. I mean, that Robin van Persie should have gone and fecked himself rather than SAF humiliating himself by signing him from Arsenal.

Oh, hang on...

The same Robin Van Persie that desperately wanted to win a trophy and and would have jumped the Arsenal ship for anyone that could offer him that.

Did Man Utd publicly and desperately try to sign him and be rejected before he went to Arsenal?

Status
Not open for further replies.