Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

Well none of those bar City can afford him this summer without a clause and even then City are reportedly after Messi and Lukaku so...?
If they wanted him the other teams would find the money for sure.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
He was just being nice and politically correct to Ole, actions speak louder than words

Let’s see what excuses are coming when Haaland ditches Ole again :lol:
What’s funny about that?

I get called negative, but seriously, have you ever made a positive post? You must be miserable being this negative. Bloody hell I want Ole out too but you take it next level.

I can tell you’re one of the toxic “LUHG” lot or one of the “Rants n Bants” loyalists, who is a Spurs fan pretending to be a United fan to make money by the way.

cyberman

If they wanted him the other teams would find the money for sure.
Not sure about that. Madrid etc have already pulled out of many cheaper deals. They were desperate for Havertz as well and look how that turned out.

King7Eric

What’s funny about that?

I get called negative, but seriously, have you ever made a positive post? You must be miserable being this negative. Bloody hell I want Ole out too but you take it next level.

I can tell you’re one of the toxic “LUHG” lot or one of the “Rants n Bants” loyalists, who is a Spurs fan pretending to be a United fan to make money by the way.
Forgive my ignorance, but what on earth does LUHG stand for?

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
"Love United, Hate Glazers"

A group who, funnily enough, seem to hate United more than they hate the Glazers.

Mount's Goatieson

Supports
Chelsea
If it's England, then going to City is a no brainer really, perfect replacement for Aguero. I'd love to have him at Chelsea, but from his perspective he could do a whole lot better than Chelsea or United and still get paid loads. Will be a very pleasant outcome akin to Hazard's choice if he came to Chelsea.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Love United hate Glazer.

I actually agree with the statement but there’s a gang of them on twitter who have it in their name & are extremely toxic towards anything United related. Regularly call Bruno & Rashford a fraud, Ole a PE teacher etc. Basically they hate the club they support & find negatives even in 9-0 & 5-0 wins. Bemoan victories because it means Ole is staying. Shit like that.

A lot of them are Pogba FC, and it seems to have amplified since he said he wanted out. I don’t know why but big Pogba fans always seem to hate Bruno.

dinostar77

If it's England, then going to City is a no brainer really, perfect replacement for Aguero. I'd love to have him at Chelsea, but from his perspective he could do a whole lot better than Chelsea or United and still get paid loads. Will be a very pleasant outcome akin to Hazard's choice if he came to Chelsea.
I think if he comes to PL he will go to Chelsea. Chelsea are putting together a good squad, with players in a similar age group. Roman will back Tuchel in the market. I still think Laurito Martinez would be city's their preferred choice. More of a Guardiola player than Haaland.

The Irish Connection

no quite right. There was reports of another 250-300m set aside for this summer, too. No club has a bottomless pit of cash. But reality is, Roman can afford to buy any player on the planet, really. He is that wealthy. So for us to spend another 200-300m isnt beyond probability
Hang on now, I know ffp is a joke because Man City, but as far as I’m aware it’s still operating, surely Chelsea would break the rules if they dropped another 200m after a season with covid?

Karel Podolsky

Supports
Ex Laziale
I think if he comes to PL he will go to Chelsea. Chelsea are putting together a good squad, with players in a similar age group. Roman will back Tuchel in the market. I still think Laurito Martinez would be city's their preferred choice. More of a Guardiola player than Haaland.
My thought exactly. Lautaro Martinez style is very similar to Aguero.

Hellboy

What’s funny about that?

You want a medal or tap on the back for being Ole out but more positive than me ?

I don’t know these folks, more laughing at some deluded posters regarding Haaland, Ole and United.

Hellboy

What a useless uninformed opinion
It’s the cold hard truth, like it or not.

If Haaland wanted to play for Ole he would have been here. We probably offered him more money at United but he still chose to go to Dortmund instead. Same for Bellingham !

macheda14

If Haaland wanted to play for Ole he would have been here. We probably offered him more money at United but he still chose to go to Dortmund instead. Same for Bellingham !
I mean many people have pointed to an interview the father gave saying they didn’t think Ole was going to last long and they felt Ole wanted him more than the club did. So is it a cold hard truth? Or do we not really know, like we never will because we’re not privy to many of the behind the scenes decisions.

cyberman

Complete conjecture to be fair.

croadyman

I mean many people have pointed to an interview the father gave saying they didn’t think Ole was going to last long and they felt Ole wanted him more than the club did. So is it a cold hard truth? Or do we not really know, like we never will because we’re not privy to many of the behind the scenes decisions.
Yeah it's very hard to know the truth with this one but it's probably somewhere in the middle

RUCK4444

Thanks for the insight. You should change your account name to Fabrizio Romano, he pretends to know the inner details of every transfer as well. :D

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

You want a medal or tap on the back for being Ole out but more positive than me ?

I don’t know these folks, more laughing at some deluded posters regarding Haaland, Ole and United.
I don’t want anything I just think parroting opinions you see on twitter or YouTube is a silly way to support a football club.

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

The guy has called Bruno a stat padder before, fair to say best to be ignored.
There’s a section of our fans on twitter who all seem to have the exact same opinion, led by a Spurs fan called “Rants n Bants” who makes money pretending to be a United fan, while slating our club & calling our legends of the past overrated.

I haven’t read much of hellboys posts, but I’m gonna guess he’s a massive Pogba & Martial fan & thinks Rashford & Bruno are shit. They all follow their leader.

Andersons Dietician

By all accounts they wanted insurances that he’d be first choice and Ole couldn’t promise that. Add in the buy out clause issue no surprise it didn’t happen.

Either way, Dortmund was always going to be a better place for his development before he went on to a bigger team. Personally I don’t think he’d have done as well as he has done in the Bundesliga in the Prem so it was the perfect place to keep growing, keep learning his trade whilst building his own brand.

At some point soon he’ll probably leave Dortmund to some sort of European powerhouse and honestly think we’d have as good a chance as anyone of pulling the signing off.

Dortmund was the perfect next career step for him.

My only worry would be the lack of creation upfront with Rashford, Haaland, Greenwood and Bruno still playing as a striker basically. Think we would need a creative player like a Sancho or Grealish to get the best out of him.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Hang on now, I know ffp is a joke because Man City, but as far as I’m aware it’s still operating, surely Chelsea would break the rules if they dropped another 200m after a season with covid?
FFP rules are being relaxed due to COVID, and Chelsea have no problems with cash flow thanks to Roman. We also will have the benefit of a very positive season financially in 19/20 (one of 3 clubs in Europe to post significant profit, along with Benfica and Ajax) to offset losses since FFP looks at 3 year periods - see this Swiss Ramble thread:

DanClancy

FFP rules are being relaxed due to COVID, and Chelsea have no problems with cash flow thanks to Roman. We also will have the benefit of a very positive season financially in 19/20 (one of 3 clubs in Europe to post significant profit, along with Benfica and Ajax) to offset losses since FFP looks at 3 year periods - see this Swiss Ramble thread:

Chelsea going to have a huge loss for 20/21 though? Fairly sure none of those summer signings went through in their last set of accounts and won't have generated the sales they have in the previous year either?

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
Chelsea going to have a huge loss for 20/21 though? Fairly sure none of those summer signings went through in their last set of accounts and won't have generated the sales they have in the previous year either?
Yeah but FFP looks at a 3 year period and losses are going to be effectively ignored due to COVID. If a club has cash, FFP is going to be even more toothless than normal.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
The summer signings will be amortized through the length of the players contract in equal postings.

For example Player A at £100m (for simplicity's sake) - year 1 = 20m year 2= 20m etc.
On top of that year 1 you also add: Players cumulative salary, so its year 1 = 20m + salary + any sign on bonus + imagerights.

So what the club looks at when it says "transfer expenditure" for a fiscal year its really annual salary + amortization.

DanClancy

I'm fully aware of how transfer are amortised and Chelsea made a loss of £101.7m in 18/19 if we're taking 3 year averages into account.

Chelsea rely heavily on player sales to exist, they made an operating loss of £274.3m in the last 2 sets of accounts. Doesn't look like they'll be saved by player sales in the 20/21 accounts.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I'm fully aware of how transfer are amortised and Chelsea made a loss of £101.7m in 18/19 if we're taking 3 year averages into account.

Chelsea rely heavily on player sales to exist, they made an operating loss of £274.3m in the last 2 sets of accounts. Doesn't look like they'll be saved by player sales in the 20/21 accounts.
But the point is saving isn't required given the relaxation of the rules. FFP is all but discarded due to the impact COVID has had on club revenues.

macheda14

But the point is saving isn't required given the relaxation of the rules. FFP is all but discarded due to the impact COVID has had on club revenues.
I might be wrong but it’s that this season and last are being seen as one period. So I guess you posting a profit last season gives you more space to make a loss this year.

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I might be wrong but it’s that this season and last are being seen as one period. So I guess you posting a profit last season gives you more space to make a loss this year.
That's part of it; clubs are also allowed to write off losses to commercial revenue in terms of their compliance. It effectively neuters the entire initiative.

passing-wind

I can't see Haaland at Chelsea. I think we have far more of a chance given his development with Ole and being a countrymen. The issue is that City blow both clubs out the water with the proposition for winning things and that's where it stands. If Haaland has to decide between United / Chelsea I'm fairly confident we would land him. If it's City I don't see why he wouldn't go there.

Luke1995

I mean, if they were not willing to sell Sancho to us, why would they do it with Haaland ?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I can't see Haaland at Chelsea. I think we have far more of a chance given his development with Ole and being a countrymen. The issue is that City blow both clubs out the water with the proposition for winning things and that's where it stands. If Haaland has to decide between United / Chelsea I'm fairly confident we would land him. If it's City I don't see why he wouldn't go there.
Because Pep doesn't like poachers, and he also hates Raiola.

Status
Not open for further replies.