Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

passing-wind

Because Pep doesn't like poachers, and he also hates Raiola.
The point about poachers does stand but it's come from credible sources to my knowledge that city are interested.

I also don't see Raiola's relationship with Pep being as big as a problem as it's perceived in public. Professionally if Raiola is unable to secure his client a move on the basis of his own quarrels with another manager, how can he fulfill his obligation to be the representative as a players agent ? That realistically makes his job untenable as he's not discerning the players best interests. I think outside looking in, it's worst then it seems.

Bearded One

Interesting Transfer Window podcast. Allegedly Dortmund are happy to let Haaland go (aside from the need for a cash injection). Scores the goals but overall the team has weakened since he joined. Too reliant on him for goals to the detriment of the team. Technically has not improved since he joined. His off the ball play has regressed. Plays for himself rather than the team.

Riaola is keen to get Haaland to Madrid. But depends on if Mbappe deal happens or not. If not Haaland is 2nd choice for Madrid as replacement for Benzema.

If Dortmund let Haaland go this summer, then thats the door shut for sales of stars at Dortmund this summer.

https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/vnid://episodes/43548466?media_id=32032290
We should be getting into Riaola’s ears constantly and Ole should do his utmost best in keeping the relationship going. Let us show the world of football why we are the biggest.

Jam

The point about poachers does stand but it's come from credible sources to my knowledge that city are interested.

I also don't see Raiola's relationship with Pep being as big as a problem as it's perceived in public. Professionally if Raiola is unable to secure his client a move on the basis of his own quarrels with another manager, how can he fulfill his obligation to be the representative as a players agent ? That realistically makes his job untenable as he's not discerning the players best interests. I think outside looking in, it's worst then it seems.
I don’t think the worlds under any allusion of what Raiola’s priorities are.

Everyone signed to him will be fully aware that Raiola looks after Raiola first and you second - but that second is still a bloody strong position because of his power and reach in football.

When Lingard signed to Mino do you think he thought “here’s a bloke whose going to look out for me and do what’s best for me and family and guide me in the right direction!” Or do you think he looked at him and thought “the bloke is a Grade-A power broker, he’ll be able to negotiate a decent new contract for me despite me not being in the team or could get me a cushty move”.

Raiola can do good things for you and get you money or status; but he sure as feck isn’t a “nice bloke that will do what’s best for you” and I think players are well aware of this even more so than us - after all with his current reach everyone in a top league knows someone who is signed to him.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think if he comes to PL he will go to Chelsea. Chelsea are putting together a good squad, with players in a similar age group. Roman will back Tuchel in the market. I still think Laurito Martinez would be city's their preferred choice. More of a Guardiola player than Haaland.
You're right he ain't going to City because he's not a Pep style of CF but you're wrong about him going to Chelsea if he comes to the PL, you're not at his level with the world at his feet and go to Chelsea. If he comes to the PL it'll be to us but I don't see him coming to the PL, I still see him either going to Bayern to replace Lewandowski, Juve could be an option to replace Ronaldo (and Raiola did take Pogba and De Light there) or he'll go to Madrid (but I don't think I see him going there either)

christinaa

Gossip Girl
Supports
There's only one United!
Roman gave his blessing to go and buy Haaland for Chelsea.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid

City will always be "interested" but it doesn't mean Pep will think he's right for their team. He had the best (or 1 of) striker in europe and their record goal scorer in Aguero and dumped him for Gabriel Jesus because he didn't run enough, and his link up play was poor.

Haaland for all his qualities isn't the type of forward that'll drop in deep and build up play, but i'm sure Pep could make it work if the club signed him.

I suspect though he'll just do what he always does, buy his own players that suit his style.

If you look back neither Pep or cities CEO from Barca deal with Raiola. They deem him a poison chalice and would rather look elsewhere. If Haaland REALLY wants to go to city i'm sure they can make it work, but I don't see it as a sure thing personally.

If anything I think Bayern will be more of a challenge, Lewandowski is coming to the end of his career now and they'll need a big name CF to replace him.

dinostar77

You're right he ain't going to City because he's not a Pep style of CF but you're wrong about him going to Chelsea if he comes to the PL, you're not at his level with the world at his feet and go to Chelsea. If he comes to the PL it'll be to us but I don't see him coming to the PL, I still see him either going to Bayern to replace Lewandowski, Juve could be an option to replace Ronaldo (and Raiola did take Pogba and De Light there) or he'll go to Madrid (but I don't think I see him going there either)
Bayern arent in the market for a striker this summer. Juventus have financial issues. Madrid dependents on if Mbappe moves or not.

If he comes to PL i really dont think we (Utd) would be his or his agents or his dads first choice. If he moves this summer to PL its gonna be to a club with deep pockets in this crisis. Thats City and Chelsea not Liverpool and Utd.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Bayern arent in the market for a striker this summer. Juventus have financial issues. Madrid dependents on if Mbappe moves or not.

If he comes to PL i really dont think we (Utd) would be his or his agents or his dads first choice. If he moves this summer to PL its gonna be to a club with deep pockets in this crisis. Thats City and Chelsea not Liverpool and Utd.
well tbh I don't think he moves this summer anyway, this'll be the summer where there's a lot of noise about him moving but it'll be summer 2022 when he goes imo

Wilt

well tbh I don't think he moves this summer anyway, this'll be the summer where there's a lot of noise about him moving but it'll be summer 2022 when he goes imo
I think he’ll want to leave Dortmund in the summer if they fail to qualify for next seasons CL, and they’re far from certain to qualify at the moment.

I think he’ll want to leave Dortmund in the summer if they fail to qualify for next seasons CL, and they’re far from certain to qualify at the moment.
He can want all he like but Dortmund won’t sell though, unless they get double the release fee, I mean, why would they? They are guaranteed the release fee the following Summer regardless.
I can’t see anyone paying 100m+ during this pandemic.

RashyForPM

He can want all he like but Dortmund won’t sell though, unless they get double the release fee, I mean, why would they? They are guaranteed the release fee the following Summer regardless.
Does the release fee not come into play earlier? Genuine question. I activated it in January 2021 for United on FM21 :lol:

cyberman

He has Chelsea, us and City after him. They would get 100m for him, easy. We offered 90m last summer for a lesser player after all. Havertz nearly cost 90m alone!

Tom Van Persie

No relation
What’s funny about that?

I get called negative, but seriously, have you ever made a positive post? You must be miserable being this negative. Bloody hell I want Ole out too but you take it next level.

I can tell you’re one of the toxic “LUHG” lot or one of the “Rants n Bants” loyalists, who is a Spurs fan pretending to be a United fan to make money by the way.
*HUHG

Wilt

No point keeping a player who wants to leave especially if the sale value is considerably more (£100m +) than the £68m release clause.

If I could bet on it, I’d say he’ll go to the prem next season with City, Utd (please god let it be Utd) and Chelsea as the obvious contenders.

No point keeping a player who wants to leave especially if the sale value is considerably more (£100m +) than the £68m release clause.
Erm, of course there is.

As I say, it’ll take double and no-one is gonna pay that during Covid. They will get 70-80 for Sancho regardless so have no reason to sell.

Haaland knows he’s 100% going the following Summer for a fee that will ENSURE all the top clubs want him and he can pretty much name his wage.
Make no mistake, his options and his wage are miles better if a club is paying 68m for him rather than 130m.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
Erm, of course there is.

As I say, it’ll take double and no-one is gonna pay that during Covid. They will get 70-80 for Sancho regardless.
The true cost of the transfer is also likely to be the fee plus another 40m in fees for Raiola and his father plus a massive wage packet (look at what Raiola negotiated for De Ligt as a starting point for that).

Its a lot of money to spend when a club has just incurred heavy losses from Covid, at least 150m pounds in transfer fee, other fees, and first year wages.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
The only chance we'd get is if, like Havertz, it's an Abramovich signing. He tends to fork out whatever is needed in those cases. Torres, Havertz.

How much is his clause next summer? 100m euros? Any buying club this summer would have to pay 150m euros at least id guess.

His flight to Madrid for next summer is already booked should nowhere stump enough this window

The true cost of the transfer is also likely to be the fee plus another 40m in fees for Raiola and his father plus a massive wage packet (look at what Raiola negotiated for De Ligt as a starting point for that).

Its a lot of money to spend when a club has just incurred heavy losses from Covid, at least 150m pounds in transfer fee, other fees, and first year wages.
Yup, right now it’ll be 130 to Dortmund and as you say, Raiola and his Dad aren’t going to say ”ah, we don’t need the extra 30-40m agent fee that we’ll get next Summer, we’ll wave that so he can go early” :lol:

He’s going nowhere in 2021, because next Summer everyone’s a winner.

SER19

Is there a poll or thread anywhere that asks posters if theyd rather :

Haaland or Sancho?

Interested to know what people think. We look so so unbalanced without a right winger and sancho and rashford could be great behind cavani next season. With Greenwood and martial coming in and out. But Haaland genuinely strikes me as one of those rare players you simply have to go for

Brightonian

Does he make anyone else slightly nervous as a signing? It's not that I wouldn't love us to sign him - I'd snap your hand off - but there's just something about forking out £100m plus for a player whose all-round game is nothing special, whose stats are very average, who basically just does one thing incredibly well - score goals - but it's not easy to see exactly why he's so good at it. And he's never had to recover from a slump before because he's yet to have one.

Of course he's a signing who could propel us to the very highest level. But he also feels like he has the potential to be one of the biggest flops of all time. Hence the nervousness.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Does he make anyone else slightly nervous as a signing? It's not that I wouldn't love us to sign him - I'd snap your hand off - but there's just something about forking out £100m plus for a player whose all-round game is nothing special, whose stats are very average, who basically just does one thing incredibly well - score goals - but it's not easy to see exactly why he's so good at it. And he's never had to recover from a slump before because he's yet to have one.

Of course he's a signing who could propel us to the very highest level. But he also feels like he has the potential to be one of the biggest flops of all time. Hence the nervousness.
He's good at goalscoring because he's a world class finisher, has fantastic instincts, great movement and physicality, good technique, massive pace and an indomitable will to win.
And you do realize how comical it is to claim that his 'stats are very average'?

no player is a slam dunk - but he’s as close as I think you can get.

great record, in multiple countries, in Europe.

has the right mentality, and looks like a player that will relish the PL and step up.

I don’t want to know what you are drinking in terms of stats?

I’m looking at him and thinking of Shearer to Blackburn - and think he would have the same type of impact.

croadyman

no player is a slam dunk - but he’s as close as I think you can get.

great record, in multiple countries, in Europe.

has the right mentality, and looks like a player that will relish the PL and step up.

I don’t want to know what you are drinking in terms of stats?

I’m looking at him and thinking of Shearer to Blackburn - and think he would have the same type of impact.
Chelsea & City with their unlimited finances seem easily the biggest threat and could see either making a move in these summer for him whereas the likes of us, Barca, Real & Bayern look like we will play the waiting game

Chelsea & City with their unlimited finances seem easily the biggest threat and could see either making a move in these summer for him whereas the likes of us, Barca, Real & Bayern look like we will play the waiting game
ive no idea where he will go, and whether is will be this summer or next - but he will almost certainly be a success.

Fergie 7ime

I don’t think the worlds under any allusion of what Raiola’s priorities are.

Everyone signed to him will be fully aware that Raiola looks after Raiola first and you second - but that second is still a bloody strong position because of his power and reach in football.

When Lingard signed to Mino do you think he thought “here’s a bloke whose going to look out for me and do what’s best for me and family and guide me in the right direction!” Or do you think he looked at him and thought “the bloke is a Grade-A power broker, he’ll be able to negotiate a decent new contract for me despite me not being in the team or could get me a cushty move”.

Raiola can do good things for you and get you money or status; but he sure as feck isn’t a “nice bloke that will do what’s best for you” and I think players are well aware of this even more so than us - after all with his current reach everyone in a top league knows someone who is signed to him.
It certainly appears that Raiola only ever cares about the bottom line, but apparently that isn’t the case. A friend of mine has been working for Raiola for a few years now, doing his taxes mainly. And he told me that Raiola actually doesn’t give a feck about money, as mind boggling as that sounds. Apparently Raiola’s drive is purely based on doing right by his players and get them the best carriers possible.

Make of it what you will of course. I find it very hard to believe myself if I’m honest. But this does come from someone who works with him on a daily basis.

Le Red

Keep the stats. I'll take the goals any day.
Anyone who watches football can see he's a Ballon D'Or winner in the making.
The part about not knowing why he scores so many goals... Try watching him play instead of looking at spreadsheets. This isn't moneyball.

We need an rvn

I think the fee will be what it is and all clubs will be willing to pay...it's the agent fee that will settle where he goes and you know we won't pay what City and Chelsea will.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Interesting Transfer Window podcast. Allegedly Dortmund are happy to let Haaland go (aside from the need for a cash injection). Scores the goals but overall the team has weakened since he joined. Too reliant on him for goals to the detriment of the team. Technically has not improved since he joined. His off the ball play has regressed. Plays for himself rather than the team.

Riaola is keen to get Haaland to Madrid. But depends on if Mbappe deal happens or not. If not Haaland is 2nd choice for Madrid as replacement for Benzema.

If Dortmund let Haaland go this summer, then thats the door shut for sales of stars at Dortmund this summer.

https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/vnid://episodes/43548466?media_id=32032290
This sounds like Dortmund view Haaland as a problem and want him gone. Haaland as 8 assists on the season, joint third, 1 behind Guerreiro on 2nd. Sancho leads the team with 16.

Goalscoring is pretty interesting reading.

1. Haaland has 27 on the season in 26 matches
2. Jadon Sanco 2nd with 11 goals in 30 matches
3. Third is Marco Reus with 4 goals in 33 games.

That is so lopsided its absolutely nuts.

Is Haaland to blame for everyone else not scoring?

devilish

Juventus fan who used to support United
is Raiola his agent though ?

I thought his father who is a former pro footballer is his manger/agent, Raiola came into the picture to facilitate the contract negotiations with BVB only, if Halaand ever decided to join us, he can use Ole's influence as an advantage to get the best contract.

i could be wrong though.

In Egypt they sat say "From your mouth to the doors of heaven" which means Amen.

I'm not egyptian btw.
His agent is mino raiola while his father is a former City player. Keane tried to cripple him once

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
This sounds like Dortmund view Haaland as a problem and want him gone. Haaland as 8 assists on the season, joint third, 1 behind Guerreiro on 2nd. Sancho leads the team with 16.

Goalscoring is pretty interesting reading.

1. Haaland has 27 on the season in 26 matches
2. Jadon Sanco 2nd with 11 goals in 30 matches
3. Third is Marco Reus with 4 goals in 33 games.

That is so lopsided its absolutely nuts.

Is Haaland to blame for everyone else not scoring?
Unless Haaland has secretly injured Thorgan Hazard and Witsel it's a bit ridiculous to blame Dortmund's woes on him. They're still (a distant) second in the Bundesliga in goals scored; their problem has been that their defense is overexposed due to their midfield injuries and this was exacerbated by their extremely open approach under Favre.

OmarUnited4ever

His agent is mino raiola while his father is a former City player. Keane tried to cripple him once

thanks bro, wasnt sure before but i recently saw riola's interview with bbc.

and your are right, keano assaulted his father back in the day, but lets hope his relationship with Ole who coached him in molde influences him if he ever decides or considers joining us.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
thanks bro, wasnt sure before but i recently saw riola's interview with bbc.

and your are right, keano assaulted his father back in the day, but lets hope his relationship with Ole who coached him in molde influences him if he ever decides or considers joining us.
Haaland Sr. Has said that he won't mind seeing his son play for Manchester United.

"Despite Alf-Inge having represented Manchester City and Leeds United during his playing days, the former defender has insisted that he would be happy to see Erling Braut make the switch to Old Trafford.

The 46-year-old told TV2: "It would be nice. It is important to distinguish between being a supporter and a job. So I have a very relaxed relationship with that. It's a little different when it's serious.

Status
Not open for further replies.