Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zen86

This is already turning into a circus. He’s got the potential to be a great player, but we should stay well away. I don’t really like the way they seem to go about things, and Raiola would be a problematic cnut anyway.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
It’s almost part of the understanding that joining Dortmund at a young age is a stepping stone to bigger things that’s how they attract these young players.
Which is why there's, for all we know, a release clause in his contract for 2022.

RUCK4444

This is already turning into a circus. He’s got the potential to be a great player, but we should stay well away. I don’t really like the way they seem to go about things, and Raiola would be a problematic cnut anyway.
Tend to agree. The impression I have of Haaland is he’s a jumped up smug tw@t and couple that with the biggest arseh@le in Europe and it will likely make the Pogba fiasco laughable in comparison.

Kills me to say it because I’ve been desperate of us to sign him but those two together looks a right recipe for disaster. I’ve played down the Pogba stuff because the player is relatively respectful, I don’t think it would be that way with Haaland. Could be wrong.

USREDEVIL

It's always the same flawed scenarios. They're not going to get a replacement with similar value for money, they'll have to overpay, it's risky, there's no one as good as Haaland out there. It just doesn't work like that.

You need to understand that BVB don't want to sell the player. They want to keep him. They just can't, beyond 2022, if he wants out.

And then there's this bizarre habit of just outright ignoring anything the actual DoF says on the matter and claiming the opposite.
I mean Zorc just said, publicly, today that they made clear to Raiola they won't sell this summer, yet here we have @USREDEVIL stating that he thinks they are telling Raiola they want to sell.
How do you not even register what the actual guy says on the matter? It's the same as last summer. :lol:
Now watch people getting mad at me.
Try not to be so smug. It comes off as juvenile.
I hear you about Zorc, and that's definitely something to consider. He apparently meant it with Sancho! But with Haaland and that release clause, I'm just thinking they will be looking at a lot less in fees if they wait until right before the release clause. And unlike Sancho I don't think Haaland will sign another extension just to get some increased wages. Nope, I think they'll want to max out on Haaland's fee which means selling this summer. Add to this that he's now being marketed around Spain...

RedDevilzFox

All those salty comments today sound a lot like when we lost CR7 to Madrid. And how we were a club in CL final and they were floundering. Look what CR7 achieved at Madrid. Come to think, I only learned yesterday CR7 scored only 15 goals for us in CL (for some weird reason I always thought he did more). Basically his prime was spent making Madrid great again.

Haaland will be sensational for either Barca or Real Madrid. We have a virtually no realistic chance of landing him. Though it does annoy me to see big clubs entertaining that tw@t Raiola.

Castia

Which is why there's, for all we know, a release clause in his contract for 2022.
Yeah a buyout that is half of what they could possibly get this summer. Look he could well stay but I’d be shocked if City offered 120m this summer they reject it (they won’t).

The question is are clubs willing to pay big this summer to get the player or join a host of 4-5 clubs who could comfortably pay his buyout a year later.

Haaland, Messi and Mbappe all available within a 12 month span is crazy regardless.

Jerry Garcia

He’s 100% city bound. This is just a ploy by Riola to get city to cough up the money. Aguero leaving paves the way for this to happen. Just smoke and mirrors by Riola to force city’s hand.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
If Zorc has said they won't sell him i think he means it. They get another season out of him at least and although they turn down huge money this summer potentially, keeping haaland maybe outweighs the financial gain.

Whos to say they didn't discuss a new deal?

I still think he ends up at Madrid no later than summer 22 regardless. If they bid

Zorc was called all sorts of liar, bluffing, he'll sell when he sees the offer bla bla, and last summer with Sancho showed he meant what he said. Before anyone throws Dembele and Auba examples... Different scenarios. They kicked a fuss.

Hes probably had assurances from Watzke before making these public quotes. Which is why i think them speaking out on it, ala sancho, just puts doubt in my mind for this window coming. If they'd said sod all and 150m hit their desk, i think hed have gone.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
He’s 100% city bound. This is just a ploy by Riola to get city to cough up the money. Aguero leaving paves the way for this to happen. Just smoke and mirrors by Riola to force city’s hand.
City was my choice only if Madrid didnt bid

I wouldnt be surprised to see city get lukaku or kane

red thru&thru

Will he still be on the market next summer with City & Chelsea able to drop huge fees
Very good question. A lot of this will be about the desire of the player too. I know many were saying similar things about Sancho and how we had to buy him last season otherwise he'd go elsewhere this season. Seems like we still can get him if we want him.

If BvB get into the CL this season, then they won't sell Haaland for less than the reported £150m or so. If that is the case, then I just don't see him going anywhere.

Coops73

This, he’s a very good striker but whoever buys this guy will have to put up with this shit every year, we’re already dancing with the devil and I’d rather we moved that problem on this window as it is.

Walters_19_MuFc

If we were to get just Haaland, would we win the league next season? In my opinion, no.

I mean, BVB have a decent team and are struggling in fifth, which just goes to show one player can't change everything.

What we need is to buy players of priority and make our team/squad stronger.

croadyman

Very good question. A lot of this will be about the desire of the player too. I know many were saying similar things about Sancho and how we had to buy him last season otherwise he'd go elsewhere this season. Seems like we still can get him if we want him.

If BvB get into the CL this season, then they won't sell Haaland for less than the reported £150m or so. If that is the case, then I just don't see him going anywhere.
Still got this daft belief we can get Varane & Sancho but then we aren't able to afford replacing Pogba

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
What's wrong for his agent and father visited the interested clubs and parties, listen to their projects and plan, and see if it fits his client/son? Isn't it the norm for every player? and even for every job out there?

croadyman

If we were to get just Haaland, would we win the league next season? In my opinion, no.

I mean, BVB have a decent team and are struggling in fifth, which just goes to show one player can't change everything.

What we need is to buy players of priority and make our team/squad stronger.
yeah definitely need a CB & RW more for the money it would cost for him

croadyman

What's wrong for his agent and father visited the interested clubs and parties, listen to their projects and plan, and see if it fits his client/son? Isn't it the norm for every player? and even for every job out there?
Nothing wrong at all but there is no denying that Raiola's is a disrespectful pain in the arse

Zen86

You’re kidding yourself if you think there will be anything normal about how this has and will pan out.

Zen86

Tend to agree. The impression I have of Haaland is he’s a jumped up smug tw@t and couple that with the biggest arseh@le in Europe and it will likely make the Pogba fiasco laughable in comparison.

Kills me to say it because I’ve been desperate of us to sign him but those two together looks a right recipe for disaster. I’ve played down the Pogba stuff because the player is relatively respectful, I don’t think it would be that way with Haaland. Could be wrong.
Absolutely. They seem a match made in heaven, which isn’t a good thing.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
You’re kidding yourself if you think there will be anything normal about how this has and will pan out.
I would assume his agent and dad had visited other interested parties including Man Utd as well before he joined BVB in January 2020.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
He already is a great player, but its no secret that he's someone who wants to win in every big league pretty much. That's why he signed for Dortmund with a low release clause after 2 seasons. Wherever he goes, he's likely not staying for more than 5 years. He wants to be an Ibra type (also with Raiola) and move around. Is he a dickhead for wanting to win/succeed in every big league? Not just become a 1 club legend? If I didn't have a big attachment to United or any 1 club in particular, I'd probably want to play and succeed for the biggest clubs in England/Germany/Spain/Italy throughout my career if I had the option to.

Member 101269

This is going to be entertaining; BVB saying no, Raiola throwing his toys and throwing them more with PP.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
He already is a great player, but its no secret that he's someone who wants to win in every big league pretty much. That's why he signed for Dortmund with a low release clause after 2 seasons. Wherever he goes, he's likely not staying for more than 5 years. He wants to be an Ibra type (also with Raiola) and move around. Is he a dickhead for wanting to win/succeed in every big league? Not just become a 1 club legend? If I didn't have a big attachment to United or any 1 club in particular, I'd probably want to play and succeed for the biggest clubs in England/Germany/Spain/Italy throughout my career if I had the option to.
It is just a job and It is his career. If he wants to try out different league and different clubs like Ibra it is absolutely fine.

Zen86

Which is all well and good if you’re not shelling out £100m+ for the privilege.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Which is all well and good if you’re not shelling out £100m+ for the privilege.
I don't think he forces anyone to pay that amount. You can try to sign him for free when his contract expires in BVB.

red thru&thru

I remember Jude Bellingham's dad coming to Carrington & Jude posting a happy fathers day pic on Instagram, of his father at Carrington.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Get Sancho instead. Wants to come here, doesn't have that bafoon representing him and is the right winger we desparately need.

Teja

Well at the very least we get to see Dortmund suffer a bit with Raiola's antics. Even sweeter if they miss out on the CL money. Twats.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Then he may as well start in Germany given he's won nothing major there yet.

SATA

Why are we worrying about these visits to Madrid and Barcelona for those who want to see Haaland at United? Ole is just a simple phone call away from contacting Erling and his old man who is also his agent. They all personally know each other and very well as well

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Well at the very least we get to see Dortmund suffer a bit with Raiola's antics. Even sweeter if they miss out on the CL money. Twats.
i do believe Raiola and BVB has a very good understanding and agreement on Haaland. My guess is if BVB qualify for CL, haaland stays as plan till 2022. If not, things may change.
Edit
only 8 games left for BVB to catch up to 4th spot, and may be that's why Haaland was so mad last game. I believe his plan is to stay one more year.

Last edited:

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
I've been wondering and I can't come to a conclusion, whether Raiola, behind the annoying fanfare and in-your-face publicity, is actually achieving the best he can for his clients, or whether his obsession with playing the field and orchestrating high profile transfer moves is ending up shaping the careers of his clients in a way that might be detrimental?
For example, Ibrahimovic had a glorious career, I'm sure he made truckloads of money and is a global icon, but in terms of actual footballing achievements it somehow feels like he always was at the wrong place at the wrong time, like his moves never transported him into the center of footballing glory? Or am I wrong in that impression?
Pogba, slightly similar feeling. Was the United move really the best move for his career? Financially, probably yes but still I will say no considering Pogba hasn't managed to translate his qualities onto the pitch for the most part, and considering Raiola has been lobbying publicly for an exit ever since, and I can't imagine that this is ultimately great for a player's happiness.

But then again, it struck me in the bolded part of your post - both Ibrahimovic and Haaland are from Skandinavia, from countries with a relatively weak domestic league and no top level 'home club' of sorts where they could start of a career as a club legend. So, being top talents, their trajectory, their aim, will be that of moving elsewhere from the get go.
I wonder if that doesn't play a role here, too, with what kind of career Ibra had and which Haaland might have.
An English player, Spanish player, German player, can always, if they're top talents, move early to an adjacent top club in their country, or in the case of Germany Bayern, (if they're not from their youth already) which can serve as their 'home' club. The need to move, in order to have a top career with top achievements, wouldn't be so primary?

Last edited:

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I've bee wondering and I can't come to a conclusion, whether Raiola, behind the annoying fanfare and in-your-face publicity, is actually achieving the best he can for his clients, or whether his obsession with playing the field and orchestrating high profile transfer moves is ending up shaping the careers of his clients in a way that might be detrimental?
For example, Ibrahimovic had a glorious career, I'm sure he made truckloads of money and is a global icon, but in terms of actual footballing achievements it somehow feels like he always was at the wrong place at the wrong time, like his moves never transported him into the center of footballing glory? Or am I wrong in that impression?
Pogba, slightly similar feeling. Was the United move really the best move for his career? Financially, probably yes but still I will say no considering Pogba hasn't managed to translate his qualities onto the pitch for the most part, and considering Raiola has been lobbying publicly for an exit ever since, and I can't imagine that this is ultimately great for a player's happiness.

But then again, it struck me in the bolded part of your post - both Ibrahimovic and Haaland are from Skandinavia, from countries with a relatively weak domestic league and no top level 'home club' of sorts where they could start of a career as a club legend. So, being top talents, their trajectory, their aim, will be that of moving elsewhere from the get go.
I wonder if that doesn't play a role here, too, with what kind of career Ibra had and which Haaland might have.
An English player, Spanish player, German player, can always, if they're top talents, move early to an adjacent top club in their country (if they're not from their youth already) which can serve as their 'home' club. The need to move, in order to have a top career with top achievements, wouldn't be so primary?
Lewandowski is from Poland. Joined BVB from a small club then free transfer to Bayern. so i don't think countries with weak domestic league matters. It would be the same for players from south america as well. It really depends on timing and luck sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.