Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Some talk that the €75m release clause can be triggered already in 2021.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Personally if he doesnt want to come here then I'm okay with not having that agents player ever again. Most of them are way too egotistical.

Last edited:

MS4

We need him or no other PL club should have him. He would dwarf us.

Oranges038

Missed out on guys like this before, there'll be others too. Man Utd should give players one chance to sign. If they refuse, clearly they don't have to desire to play for the club, then feck them. Move on and find another player who does want to play for the club.

Bulldog United

I’m a bit surprised Raiola doesn’t want at least one more transfer first before he ends up for a long stay at Madrid.

edcunited1878

Thought RM didn't have money...unless they're going to sell to buy or just borrow from the bank again. Seems to be really good value if it's just the release clause.

Gabagoo

You would rather have a former Leeds and city player than a club legend who is trying to do the best for the club just go away
No, genius, his son. The best CF on the planet. I'd rather have him than a decent manager. Sue me.

Teja

Missed out on guys like this before, there'll be others too. Man Utd should give players one chance to sign. If they refuse, clearly they don't have to desire to play for the club, then feck them. Move on and find another player who does want to play for the club.
End of thread. We've identified him when he was relatively unknown, did our best to sign him, if he doesn't want to come, then feck him, there are others.

T_Model101

I find it hard to believe that he "prefers Madrid"
The PL is clearly the place to be right now, for money, viewers, followers etc

Web of Bissaka

Indeed.
It's time we adopted this ideology, in considerations of contexts of course eg. timings, contracts, other clubs refusal, injuries, etc to which more changes may be given.

It's like we're begging for players to join us. Happened before with Griezzmann and Pogba. We chase them for many seasons, letting them and their agents used our club names for their agenda and planning to get better contracts at their current club or elsewhere. Terrible for us to be bullied.

Web of Bissaka

Historic reputations, brand and possibly they can equal the money. Doubt Haaland interested in getting followers. Haaland may also be a fan of Madrid. A lot of players outside England is a fan of that club, it's part of their boyhood dreams. "Real Madrid is the biggest club" is the general idea.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
I'm not too bothered if we don't get him. What concerns me, is us as a club having the required coaching staff that will make good use of club funds and in addition implement a football identity into the team. There's a lot of talent in the world and we have the finances but we need someone who is intelligent enough to set the directives. I would prefer a Sporting director but I'm not banking on one being appointed, so would instead prefer a Head Coach who has a defined play style and a good understanding of the changing landscape in modern football when it comes to offensive/defensive phases of play.

So when you have all that in place, what happens is that players then want to be a part of such a setup under such a coach.

3KDré

Whether we like it or not, Barcelona and Madrid will always be seen as the top of the footballing pyramid.

Sean_RedDevil

Twitter bot
This approach was fine for us 10 years ago because we were one of the best clubs for a long time......but we have made too many mistakes in the last 10 years and your approach would be another mistake (There is a reason why we have played so many Europa League matches in the last years)......to get Haaland for only 2-3 seasons would bring us fast back to the elite level.

RoyH1

The source for Haaland preferring Real Madrid is a dude called agentebernabeu on Twitter who plays at being insider, but really isn’t it.
That said, the serious Spanish press has written that Raiola wants an “in” with Real Madrid and Haaland would certainly be a player Madrid cannot resist, regardless of Zidane’s preferences.

One chance :lol: this post shows your immaturity. There are lots of reasons why it’s not right for a player to join a club. To then determine that we shouldn’t sign that Player in the future is idiotic.

Haaland is in fact a good example. He wanted guaranteed playing time, so that he could develop, and that’s worked very well for him.

RoyH1

How are Real affording him? Rather he went there than City though.
They are rather wealthy you know? Even with them rebuilding their stadium. We’re not the only rich club there is.

Gambit

Desperately wants to be a Muppet
How are Real affording him? Rather he went there than City though.
Real finances are irrelevant. They can get money whenever they want from local and national government/financials. It will be hidden behind something but they're pretty much state funded and always have been.

BlueHaze

Pointless to discuss IMO. He's going to be able to pick from any top club in europe and there's no chance that would be us. Not to mention that as a club we don't exactly have the best relations with Raiola.. Of course everyone would love him here though, he's a generational talent, no doubt about that. My prediction where he ends up would be Madrid, City, Liverpool? Lewandowski don't have many years left in him either so maybe Bayern is a fair shout as well. I think his own preference is England though.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Haaland should not even be a conversation for Man Utd. He's the most promising #9 in the game. However, he's represented by Mino Raiola. Any player represented by Raiola should be a no-go for us.

Oranges038

This approach was fine for us 10 years ago because we were one of the best clubs for a long time......but we have made too many mistakes in the last 10 years and your approach would be another mistake (There is a reason why we have played so many Europa League matches in the last years)......to get Haaland for only 2-3 seasons would bring us fast back to the elite level.
One chance :lol: this post shows your immaturity. There are lots of reasons why it’s not right for a player to join a club. To then determine that we shouldn’t sign that Player in the future is idiotic.

Haaland is in fact a good example. He wanted guaranteed playing time, so that he could develop, and that’s worked very well for him.
Not really, Haaland would have been a guaranteed starter at Utd, he just didn't want to come, same as Hazard, Ronaldinho, Robben, Shearer etc. better players than he is at the minute.

The alternative is the reality we are seeing now, where the club is chasing players, where the club is overpaying for lesser players. And have overpaid, uninterested and over rated players like Pogba, Lukaku and Sanchez shitting on the club at every oppurtunity when they are here.

GledTheRed

Should have bought him last winter when we monumentally fecked up the deal, OGS and Ed panicked and flew out last minute when they realised it was dead the incompetent numpties.

Pep's Suit

Once Raiola asks for €15m+ for himself and €350k+ p/w for Haaland... City won't pay it.

ghaliboy

Snitches on Tom Hagen
I think it is nailed on he goes to City if he is coming to the PL. It's one of those deals we have regularly flubbed since Ed took over.

Cloud7

Madrid is probably the one club I can see him staying at for a long time. If he does go there he probably won't leave until after his prime.

Cloud7

Madrid and Barcelona are at the top of football hierarchy in terms of prestige and being the clubs that players want to play for. No amount of money in the PL is going to change that.

Added to that, they pay their top players some absolutely insane wages.

markhughes

Would love him at the club obviously as we are crying out for a striker of this quality however I’d be surprised if he doesn’t have better options based on our current circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.