Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tapori

So are you saying that we have a chance or it's just between Real & City for him, was a bit confused
We have a chance and Ole's influence shouldn't be dismissed re: Haaland
But with his form, City and Real are probably best placed with finances and history of signing a forward that produces that sort of form.

croadyman

If we signed Haaland I don't know why anyone would care for a second what happens to Martial, but maybe that's just me. Either he'd sit on the bench and play when needed, or he'd be sold.
Yeah he would either be forced to up his performance levels or we would say thanks for the last six/seven years and move on to someone else who could offer us more in that no 9 position.

Tapori

If we signed Haaland I don't know why anyone would care for a second what happens to Martial, but maybe that's just me. Either he'd sit on the bench and play when needed, or he'd be sold.
People would care but that's football. We like players and our teams in different ways I suppose.

SeanyC

Don’t care how much it costs, go get him! Cavani won’t be around forever and Martial and Rashford haven’t got that killer strikers instinct. They are best out wide coming in. Haaland does

croadyman

We have a chance and Ole's influence shouldn't be dismissed re: Haaland
But with his form, City and Real are probably best placed with finances and history of signing a forward that produces that sort of form.
Think his valuation could very much determine City's interest in him, if we are talking around the release clause figure then see them as a huge threat but if he went before that for bigger money then could see us being very much ahead of them

Judas

Open to offers
People would care but that's football. We like players and our teams in different ways I suppose.
If it was a player performing brilliantly, putting in mad numbers (we wouldn't need Haaland if that was the case though) then I could understand the violins coming out for him, and him being hard done by, but he's not doing what we need from a number 9. I can't say I feel bad for someone not delivering and with that hampering the progression of the team. All I want from Martial is for him to live up to the clear potential he has, but I've struggled to believe he will for awhile and its a shame.

Tapori

If it was a player performing brilliantly, putting in mad numbers (we wouldn't need Haaland if that was the case though) then I could understand the violins coming out for him, and him being hard done by, but he's not doing what we need from a number 9. I can't say I feel bad for someone not delivering and with that hampering the progression of the team. All I want from Martial is for him to live up to the clear potential he has, but I've struggled to believe he will for awhile and its a shame.
Aye, but fans have emotions and attachments for all sorts of reasons which may cause a cerfuffle.

Judas

Open to offers
To be honest football fandom has really changed in the last 15 years I think, there's a lot more fans of players to insane degrees, sometimes ahead or as equal to the team they support. It's probably thanks to the Ronaldo vs Messi debate maybe and social media as a whole. I struggle to truly get it.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Aye, but fans have emotions and attachments for all sorts of reasons which may cause a cerfuffle.
What relevance/importance does that have? It's time we return to the "sink or swim" mentality we had back in the days. If you're good enough you'll stay and continue to get your chances. If not then you'll be replaced by better players and swiftly phased out of the squad. We can't build title winning squads based on fan emotions.

Tapori

What relevance/importance does that have? It's time we return to the "sink or swim" mentality we had back in the days. If you're good enough you'll stay and continue to get your chances. If not then you'll be replaced by better players and swiftly phased out of the squad. We can't build title winning squads based on fan emotions.
Mate, it wasn't a point to try to keep him if anything happens, I was just pointing out that if Martial goes some people will hate it. Wasn't a reason to stop him if Haaland comes in and Martial has to go.

United58

How much do people think he'll move for? Without clauses, I could see it being well over £100m, but doesn't he have a release clause from 2022?

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
How much do people think he'll move for? Without clauses, I could see it being well over £100m, but doesn't he have a release clause from 2022?
Release clause is 75 million euros. They should accept 100 million now. Poorly run club in the long term. The prospects don't go there because of the project, they just offer more than others to young players. They've been bankrupt before and bailed out by none other than Bayern.

United58

Release clause is 75 million euros. They should accept 100 million now. Poorly run club in the long term. The prospects don't go there because of the project, they just offer more than others to young players. They've been bankrupt before and bailed out by none other than Bayern.
When does that become active? Giving Haaland's constant improvement, that seems an absolute steal

Loon

:lol:
Not really sure why our move for him went south, but wasn't it a release clause and Raiola? Won't the same thing happen again?

troylocker

Not really sure why our move for him went south, but wasn't it a release clause and Raiola? Won't the same thing happen again?
I don't think a release clause will be key to his next contract. He's now proven that he is ready for the biggest stages and leagues and he's ready for the big step: a big non-selling club.

When signing a 4,5 year contract as a 19 year old when the road a head is full of uncertainties and different scenarios, you can understand why an ambitious 19 year old wants and needs that release clause in his contract:
A - He outgrows the club and is ready for the next step
B - He doesn't get the minutes and development he needs
C - The club doesn't get the results needed to compete in Europe or fight for trophies

There were three more factors that played against us in Dec-18 as well:
A - We could not offer CL football at the time + We were 8th in the league with 25 points (13 points behind 3rd) after 18 rounds when our negotiations broke down. Had just lost 0-2 to Watford.
B - We could not guarantee him to be our 1st-choice #9
C - He felt Ole wanted him more than the club wanted him.

We could satisfy all those point now. (CL-football at least looks pretty likely)

cyberman

Story goes he wanted to play for Utd and Ole but backed out last minute because he thought Ole was the only person at the club who wanted him.
We are in a lot stronger position this time around

Murder on Zidane's Floor

You'd better not kill Giroud
If we can stay in the top two in the league, UCL qualification, Ole is still here, we can guarantee him the #9 shirt.

slyadams

I'm as much of a muppet as the next guy but I can't see any way he ends up at United.

dal

Isn’t raiola just an advisor for him here though ?

I think we really could get him in 2022, if knowone buys him this year.

I see Chelsea and Man City entering a bidding war this year though ...

can see them accepting £100m this summer to get a bigger fee before the clause kicks in.

he clearly won’t be there after the summer window 2022.

the ultimate stepping stone club.

dinostar77

Raiola wanted a sell on percentage fee for himself. Which Utd thought would setba damgerous precedent with agents everywhere and rightly refused it. There will be loads of clubs in for Haagland by 2022. I wouldnt discount the italian giants, Bayern, PSG, Spainish giants and some of the big premiership clubs.

RedorDead21

I don't want the club dealing with that shitbag ever again, even if it means missing out on him. It kills me to say it, because I think he's going to be this generation's outstanding player.
If he goes to our rivals you won’t be seeing us on top for prob a decade. The point you make only holds water because on the field, Pogba hasn’t been worth his agent nonsense. This lad almost certainly would be.

SATA

Why would anyone with ambition and pride go to Chelsea? It's such a dull and boring club with only oil money. Oh yes money is a factor but i doubt the Haalands really care about that. United with prestige can pay equally good as well

Leonzo1

This guy will win us trophies, no two ways about it. I actually really like Martial but no way in hell will he ever come close to the impact Halaand can have for us. Should absolutely be the #1 target for any club, regardless of their squad. he is that good. We should abandon our Sancho pursuit and focus on Erling, especially since we have Diallo and Pellistri in the squad.

RUCK4444

This guy will win us trophies, no two ways about it. I actually really like Martial but no way in hell will he ever come close to the impact Halaand can have for us. Should absolutely be the #1 target for any club, regardless of their squad. he is that good. We should abandon our Sancho pursuit and focus on Erling, especially since we have Diallo and Pellistri in the squad.
Totally with with every word mate.

Ive been saying the same. The impact he will have at converting the many chances we do create (in fairness we do create well at the moment) would have a bigger impact than any other signing in other positions.

We simply cannot rely on Martial as the starting no 9. We are Manchester United ffs.

RUCK4444

Why would anyone with ambition and pride go to Chelsea? It's such a dull and boring club with only oil money. Oh yes money is a factor but i doubt the Haalands really care about that. United with prestige can pay equally good as well
Yeah exactly. I think exactly like this when I question why anybody would chose to support them?

No offence to Chelsea fans like, perhaps they were all forced to support them by their fathers, or just followed after Abromovich arrived. :D

There’s just nothing attractive about supporting them, I can’t put my finger on it, I think bland is perhaps the correct word.

There’s nothing to really fall in love with about that team. In the way I think most fans fall in love and connect with their team.

Jaxa

Location plays a massive part in footballers decisions unfortunately and London offers much more in terms of lifestyle options than Manchester or Liverpool does, it comes down to the individual of course and with Haaland he might not be swayed by that but it definitely plays its part,

Do you think if Madrid or Barcelona were located in some cold, wet shithole with nout to do as many players would "dream" to play there ? No chance.

If United or Liverpool were based in London we'd have the pick of any player who wanted a move to England.

wolvored

He will end up at Madrid when he goes. He would have been here now if we had agreed to the release clause, but still gone by summer 22.

bondsname

I think we’ll focus on Sancho thus losing out on Haaland if he decides to leave this summer, no way we can collect funds to acquire both. Which is a shame because I’d focus on Haaland and Graelish before Sancho.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
He will end up at Madrid when he goes. He would have been here now if we had agreed to the release clause, but still gone by summer 22.
Maybe after joining us or City and leaving after a good few years - however not now because Barcelona and Madrid are clearly going through a rebalance period that leagues and clubs go through with average players and managers compared to before. I mean no offence that Alaba transfer is shocking.

I'm sure Haaland can see that and wouldn't want to be a part of it.

The whole City vs United league ranking in the Premier league should be more tempting for Haalands mind in my opinion.

Does he go and play for his Fathers Manchester club? Or does he play in the better Manchester Club because he is a better player than his father ever was just like the clubs? He has a manager who he has a great relationship with already & who clearly values 4231 or he gets to try a new legendary manager who does like false 9 as well, has succeeded with some strikers but not all strikers either.

SATA

Madrid and Barca can't afford him. It will be to England's top clubs or PSG but he won't fancy playing in France i think

RoyH1

Location plays a massive part in footballers decisions unfortunately and London offers much more in terms of lifestyle options than Manchester or Liverpool does, it comes down to the individual of course and with Haaland he might not be swayed by that but it definitely plays its part,

Do you think if Madrid or Barcelona were located in some cold, wet shithole with nout to do as many players would "dream" to play there ? No chance.

If United or Liverpool were based in London we'd have the pick of any player who wanted a move to England.
This is spot on. The pull of London is something that plays a big role in attracting players, specially young players attracted by the Instagram lifestyle. In the US there is something similar to a degree in professional sports. Los Angeles and Miami can attract free agents with the lifestyle that the likes of Milwaukee and Cleveland would maybe struggle with.

RoyH1

I don't think any young striker worth his salt will want to go to Madrid while Zidane is in charge and Benzema is still active. You will not start.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Haaland will eventually push for a move to Madrid, no matter which club he's in. There's something about having that type of players that I dont like, as soon as Madrid/Barca flirt with them they'll push for the move.

Also I really dislike Riaola, so I would rather go for another striker eventhough Haaland is the next big thing.
What type of player is that? Really good ones? Should we look for second tier players only because we are scared that big, bad Real and Barca will come and take them if they get really good?

These names are just being thrown in for no reason, there is nothing to suggest his future is with either club, other than they, like other clubs, like good players.

Judas

Open to offers
I don't think Dortmund will cash in on him this summer. I think they'll sell Sancho this summer, then Haaland will go the following year. Even though logically if they want the top money they'd probably sell both this summer? But that's very doubtful. We saw in the summer they don't always get it right with selling at the right time, and they've let amazing players leave to rivals for nothings, so yeah odd club.

dannyrhinos89

OMG socks and sandals lol!
honestly I think he’s nailed on for city.

They’ll throw all sorts of money at him, his agent and Dortmund and you’d think Aguero will be moving on soon which will leave room for a new main striker.

The Purley King

I think we’ll focus on Sancho thus losing out on Haaland if he decides to leave this summer...........
I think (and hope!) that we'll do the opposite. We just shelled out £19m (rising potentially to £37m) on a right winger. Pellestri is also in the equation.
Our need at Centre Forward is greater than a RW hole that we might have just signed the players for.
I'd break the bank for Haaland, even if we have to deal with pizza boy again.

redshaw

We should try our best to get Haaland, it's a real shame he's not here now.

What''s interesting is the dynamic of fees for Sancho and Haaland. If Sancho can only generate 60-80m do Dortmund weigh up the release clause for Haaland and accept a huge offer and sell early to make up for the Sancho drop, they thought they were looking at a Sancho 100m and later letting Haaland go for the release clause but it could be the other way around now. Would also mean Haaland wanting to go to somewhere like Chelsea.

I'm not one to think Dortmund are desperate to sell all the time. I can see them wanting to keep Haaland until the release clause, they're trying to remain high up the league, have a stab at the CL and raise the profile of the club as well.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.