Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolvored

If City win the league and we win f all, then I dont think we will even be in the reckoning. If he wants £400k a week then we definitely wont be signing him.

Banana Republic

Raiola’s people are busy getting stories into the press about Haarland moving, with a heavy suggestion he's going to City.

City have a gaping hole up front, with Aguero hardly featuring these days due to injuries. He’s coming up to the end of his time at City and will possibly retire. Not only have they got the money to buy Harland, but they’ve got the money and outside influence to shackle Raiola and keep him quiet or tame.
Add to that the prospects that City are in with a good shout for the EPL and CL titles this year. If they win one or both.......?

Real are the other most likely club. Huge prestige and history. Seen as the Rolls Royce, or Monaco of destinations for a rising star.
Benzema, at 33, is also coming to the end of his time there and subject the the financial problems Real are facing ATM, they are looking at rebuilding the team, to match their new, flash rebuilt stadium.

Morty_

Supports
Real Madrid
Raiola’s people are busy getting stories into the press about Haarland moving, with a heavy suggestion he's going to City.

City have a gaping hole up front, with Aguero hardly featuring these days due to injuries. He’s coming up to the end of his time at City and will possibly retire. Not only have they got the money to buy Harland, but they’ve got the money and outside influence to shackle Raiola and keep him quiet or tame.
Add to that the prospects that City are in with a good shout for the EPL and CL titles this year. If they win one or both.......?

Real are the other most likely club. Huge prestige and history. Seen as the Rolls Royce, or Monaco of destinations for a rising star.
Benzema, at 33, is also coming to the end of his time there and subject the the financial problems Real are facing ATM, they are looking at rebuilding the team, to match their new, flash rebuilt stadium.
I dont think RM is a likely destination for Haaland.
Times have changed, RM no longer have the financial muscles to keep up with the oil clubs, as highlighted when Mbappe picked PSG over them.

Speaking of which, thats another club who may want a new striker soon.

Andersons Dietician

I really don’t think he’d be a player that Pep would really be interested in. Would seem like a total move away from the football he has played throughout his career to accommodate Haaland. Just don’t see it happening. I would think who they bring in to replace Aguero will probably depend on if they can some how convince or structure a deal to get Messi to join them without destroying FFP and so on. I think someone like Laturo will be more what Pep is looking for But who knows. Bought Zlatan when it made absolutely no sense whatsoever so he might do the same with Haaland.

hubbuh

Gutting if he joins the berties. From one world-class striker to another without missing a step.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
You just know his dad will be twerking for City.

Bwuk

I don’t think he’ll go to City. Messi will cost them too much £££.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I dont think RM is a likely destination for Haaland.
Times have changed, RM no longer have the financial muscles to keep up with the oil clubs, as highlighted when Mbappe picked PSG over them.

Speaking of which, thats another club who may want a new striker soon.
Pedrerol said last night it will be one out of Mbappe or Haaland next season for Real Madrid.

While he's not 100% accurate, he's very well informed more often than not.

Let us see.

Matriac

Ole been talking about Haaland today. Way more than he usually does about other clubs players...

In Norwegian here:

https://www.vg.no/sport/fotball/i/r...er-med-haaland-husker-da-vi-satt-paa-lubbenes

Don’t have time translating rn but maybe some other Norwegians on here has.
I'm too lazy to translate via mobile as well, but @simeprime on reddit translated:

- Erling will have a fantastic career. I'm following Erling. I've always said that. Was it 18 months we had together or something? Almost two years, maybe. A wonderful time. He will definitely have a great career for both Norway and his club. He is doing incredibly well for Dortmund, so we'll see where he ends up. As a Norwegian and someone who has worked with him, it is of course fun that he does so well, Solskjær begins.
- I reckon that Erling remembers when we sat on Lubbenes (Molde's training field) the day before the Brann match. I felt it was an important day both for Molde, for him and for our relationship, says Solskjær with a sly smile.
- We will do what we can to become a better team, then he will do what he can to become a better player. Where does he end up? I do not want to say anything other than that I wish him all the best.
- You have at least shown that you can press the right buttons, because it was after your chat that it took off…
- He had a very bad period before that. He probably remembers that himself. It's great to follow him. He will have a long, long, long career that will surpass most of what Norwegian football players have experienced, says Solskjær.
And for context the situation he is referring to is the Brann match where Haaland scored four goals in 20 minutes at 17-years old, after having scored 2 in 12 matches before this, then continuing with 10 goals and 4 assist on the final 13 matches before going to RB Salzburg.

cyberman

Anybody else and we would be claiming its an inevitable move. Maybe we are gun shy after Sancho but we are right near the front of the queue on this one

Last edited:

Harold_Giles

We should do everything in our power to get him.
Everything suggests that he'll be the best striker in the world for the next decade.

Red00012

And we have Martial to offer them in return , a win win situation for both clubs :D

croadyman

Anybody else and we would be claiming its an inevitable move. Maybe we are gun shy after Sancho but we are right near the front of the queue on this one
Yeah City's shadow feels like it's looming over us for this one despite the connection between Ole & Erling

Sleigh

Supports
Leicester City
I always wonder if the situation with Roy Keane and his dad will have an influence over his decision to join Manchester United.

Like many, I think the pull of Real Madrid is diminishing slowly, however that have the reputation to reignite that. Ronaldo kept that flame alive.

I’d have thought Pep would want a player like Martinez (Inter), rather than Haaland.

Sanche7

Don't think he is a city kind of player IMO. He's way better suited to a counter attacking system where he has the opportunity to run at players. Not saying his link up play is bad or anything but IMO Pep prefers players like Aguero or Suarez, the ones that are very good on the ball. Haaland would be at his best in a counter attacking system like at United or Liverpool.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
This is the big one all of us want. He just has the look and talent of a proper Sir Alex type of striker. A proper Manchester United type of striker. And as long as Ole is manager, I think we have a good advantage.

Mainoldo

This is the big one all of us want. He just has the look and talent of a proper Sir Alex type of striker. A proper Manchester United type of striker. And as long as Ole is manager, I think we have a good advantage.
He resembles Lukaku. I can’t think of any other SAF striker tbh?

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
I’d happily see us spend our entire budget on him this summer, he’s that good. Spend 100 million on him and sell Martial would be good business.

Bobcat

Behind the curtains, leering at the neighbors
I'm too lazy to translate via mobile as well, but @simeprime on reddit translated:

And for context the situation he is referring to is the Brann match where Haaland scored four goals in 20 minutes at 17-years old, after having scored 2 in 12 matches before this, then continuing with 10 goals and 4 assist on the final 13 matches before going to RB Salzburg.
Yeah, and it was that match we had scouts on place and they decided against making an offer for him

Mainoldo

He resembles Lukaku only in physique.
He does. But he doesn't have better feet than RVP, RVN, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke or even Martial.

So was just confused how he was a Fergie striker.

Freak

Born a freak always a freak.
He does. But he doesn't have better feet than RVP, RVN, Andy Cole, Dwight Yorke or even Martial.

So was just confused how he was a Fergie striker.
He's not as technically gifted as RVP or Rooney, but he certainly has that drive and aura to go to the top of the game like those players. He has goalscoring instincts and natural finishing like RVN or Ole. Just the type of player who comes alive in the box.

Actually thinking about it now, RVN is a pretty good comparison. His best work comes inside the box.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I always wonder if the situation with Roy Keane and his dad will have an influence over his decision to join Manchester United.

Like many, I think the pull of Real Madrid is diminishing slowly, however that have the reputation to reignite that. Ronaldo kept that flame alive.

I’d have thought Pep would want a player like Martinez (Inter), rather than Haaland.
His dad has said he doesn't care about it, it was a long time ago and Keane isn't at the club anymore.

He only wants what is best for Erling.

We have a good chance as long as our team is competitive and can pay the money required.

Adnan

Talent Spotter
It's a bad job when your agent limits the clubs that will enter a bidding war for you, rather than the price tag
Chelsea will likely have to break their wage structure to sign him which is probably why they're nervous. And then there's likely Raiola's agent fee which might be a issue.

I know a man called Eddy who doesn't have a problem breaking wage structures.

Okey

Get Haaland, see Martial, and it'll be one of our best windows ever. Like others have said, it'll be a strange move for Pep. Not his kind of player at all.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I agree that Cavani has been better than Martial but if we had to sell one it would be Cavani.

Having Haaland and Cavani seems too many players much of the same tactic.

Having a poacher like Haaland and having the option of Martial who plays deepers seems much sensible for a manager who is very variable and varied in his tactics.

That doesn't mean Martial shouldn't be sold because he seems to play a similar game to Rashford when he is balancing more towards the left - however when playing centrally Martial plays football in a way that neither Rashford, Greenwood, Haaland or Cavani will play. I'm not so sure Ole will be willing to sell that as quick as some fans want to do.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
Watching his game today just had 1v1 with the GK and I was 1000% convinced he would bury it and he did.

He is the exact player we are looking for. Get him in this summer learn from Cavani for a year and we would probably have to shift Martial but our team would be much much better.

lsd

The Oracle

I wonder will there ever be a year when this question is not asked?

Will Haaland not wish to join a club who once had a player that fouled his dad who had previously mocked said player for being injured ?

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Watching his game today just had 1v1 with the GK and I was 1000% convinced he would bury it and he did.

He is the exact player we are looking for. Get him in this summer learn from Cavani for a year and we would probably have to shift Martial but our team would be much much better.
Oh. No. Stop. Don’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.