Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
So we dont like Riaola and dont like dealing with him. If he convinces Pogna not to sign a new deal, is Riaola really gonna recommend to his new golden goose to sign for us? Of course not. Guardiola and Riaola dont like each other but there are city execs who can broker the deal.
Liverpool need to replace firmino whos output has been steadily declining. Chelsea need a point striker.

Thats 4 possible destinations in PL. Cant rule out Madrid/Juventus/Inter/Bayern/PSG.

The boy has alot of choices. I think he will sign for City if City cant get Martinez from Inter.
Of course he would :lol: if we're willing to pay the fees etc. he'd absolutely love Haaland to be at a club with the reach of ours. There's a much higher chance of the board not wanting to do business with him than the other way around.

You can't compare the Pogba situation to Haaland, they're nothing alike. We'd be a perfect club for a few years before going off to Spain.

cyberman

Do we know what happened internally though? Could have been a gentleman’s agreement on 1 more season perhaps?
From what I remember, he signed an extension with promises pre Covid, they were hostile to a transfer from day 1, refused an extension to their agreed deadline to the point we werent even sure of getting top 4 by the time it passed and stuck to their pre covid valuation just to square the bare minimum of their agreement with Sancho.

RRCE

Yeah I think that is the clubs mindset as well even though there are rumours of Chelsea making a move this summer
Chelsea have a different perspective. When they decide they want to do something, they’re much more aggressive and clinical in the market than we are. I don’t know that they’ll succeed, but I wouldn’t be surprised at all if they go hard after Haaland this summer.

KwokSF

City, I feel, would prioritise Messi, then mbappe, before haaland.

Red4Life_#7

He is exactly what we are missing. His active movement, desire and ruthless striking of the ball. He would really suit our counter-attacking team.

croadyman

That third goal he scored, just look at him running, the guy would kill to get a chance to score a goal. Compared to Martial strolling around it's night and day.
Yeah he is that true personification of being willing to break your nose to get on the end of a ball

croadyman

This! Mason strikes me as a player who likes to drift in from wide. Haaland is a natural CF and has the intelligence to play there. Watching him last night reminded me of a younger Cavani; speed, movement and unerring finishing. Look at his second goal. There was something about it that told you he was going to score in a way that Martial and Rashford always give you the impression that they ‘might’ rather than will.
Yeah there is no doubt he has that real ruthless streak in front of goal that both Tony & Marcus lack, wouldn't bother me if he only came here for 3/4 years because with him up front we would certainly win some trophies that's for sure and have us very competitive in the league too

Last edited:

Rake

I can only see him playing for us after he leaves Dortmund. ;)
Amen to that.

He is not the most elegant or easy on the eye player out there but his very far away from the oaf many people make him out to be. He is only 20 too!

For the people saying Raiola won't let us sign him - wake up. Raiola is a money grabber and a cnut, but he will not just ignore us out of spite.

Raredaredevil

Does Haaland have a personal connection with Ole? I'd like to think that Haaland might grow up idolizing him or something since Ole is the most prominent Norwegian on the world stage in the footballing world. If Ole signs him, it would be his greatest achievement as a Man Utd manager.

AkaAkuma

I can see him having a nomadic career similiar to Zlatan while getting large signing on bonuses.

If I were him id head to Juventus next, with a realise clause and hefty signing on fee.

red_de_pologne

Does Haaland have a personal connection with Ole? I'd like to think that Haaland might grow up idolizing him or something since Ole is the most prominent Norwegian on the world stage in the footballing world. If Ole signs him, it would be his greatest achievement as a Man Utd manager.
Oh he was absolutely certain we are signing him. I think we would have signed him if it wasn't for Raiola/Haaland (?), who insisted on a release clause, basically stating upfront he wants to have an option to leave after 2-3 years.

TheNewEra

Knows Kroos' mentality
Haaland is this generations Rooney/Lewa equivalent in my eyes. United have to sign him.

Same goes for Sancho.

Rather get these two, and struggle next year and get a CDM the year after. Pogba is leaving, I'd like to see Martial go too.

United should tell Raoila the same they did when we got Ibra, Pogba and Mkhi. Get these targets and we'll give you a bonus. "Sell Pogba for > x amount, and get Haaland for < y amount and we'll give you a 10-15m bonus"

LuckyScout78

In a dream world. If i could get this boy. Then i will drop Bruno as nr.8. To fill the big big hole Paul Scholes has left after his retirement. Bruno is close to has been replaced Eric Cantona nr.10 role. But remember Cantona had a really creative and good midfield behind him. Special with Giggs, Scholes and Beckham behind him.
Reasons Bruno and United attack anno 2021 have been struggling this year and the end of last season.
So when you gave find which ingredients and reasons behind United earlier success. Then go and get a world class CF and drop Bruno has nr.8. Will make United more complete as a team.

Struggling to create clear cut chances and win over Sheffield United and West Brom. It tell you and so obviously where United problem is. On the way to beat and win over teams you shall win. On a consistently basis.

To achieved success. I always go to find the reasons to success. The ingredients and the factors. Or find the reasons of your problems. Fix and solve it with the best solutions. Then you will achieved success.
Trust me. If Ole United and Ole keep playing Bruno as nr.10. And don’t get a world class nr.8. Beside a world class CB and Goalkeeper. Then United are not good enough to win the league in the future.
To win the league. You just need a world class nr.8 and midfield. At least a really hard work and aggressive of Liverpool midfield last two years.
Henderson - Fabinho - Win. To both support the attack and defend. Klopp created a hard work, aggressive and strong collective and team machine. United are clearly not there yet.

Deery

Dreary
An ex Norwegian player who is a neighbour of Haaland was on SSN the other day and the way he was talking he was adamant that Haaland was going to join Real Madrid in the near future.

DeGea

He is not coming to us, just accept it now, it will be less painful later.

Our days of signing one of the best players in the world in their prime is over. Unless a player is a United fan, I cannot see why a player who could pick any club they want would come to us right now.

croadyman

Our days of signing one of the best players in the world in their prime is over. Unless a player is a United fan, I cannot see why a player who could pick any club they want would come to us right now.
Yeah that is the harsh reality

Eriku

In their prime? He’s 20 :lol:

I get what you’re saying, though. He is probably the hottest property in football right now. I think we might stand a chance if we finish the season strong and look like he might put us over the top and into the elite again. I reckon Ed and the gang would roll out the red carpet this time, and not just leave it to Ole to make him feel wanted.

OleBoiii

In the current market, Haaland is the one player Fergie would have moved heaven and earth to sign.

Aaaaah, I miss having a truly world class CF in the team :(

Polar

Just do it! Don’t care if we almost ruin ourselves and it’s our only incoming this summer.

City, Real Madrid, United and BM are interesting candidates for Haaland. Barca doesn’t fit him, and PSG is his enemy :D

BM is likely the safest bet. Lewandowski is on his last verse, and Haaland probably benefit from one more transfer before PL or Real Madrid. Raiola also benefit from squeezing out from more transfers, and it make sense to wait for the big big move until COVID is over. In BM he can continue in the same league and in CL on a better team.

My guess is BM. Maybe we have to wait until summer 2024 to pick up this thread again.

If he choose to take the big step already now, I think RM is his most likely choice. They need to replace Benzema, and Odegaard could probably also play a role here. They have good chemistry both on and off the pitch and could be some kind of dream team together.

davidmichael

I’m starting to think that even in this current climate it’s worth United blowing everyone else away and going all in on Sancho AND Haaland which alongside Fernandes, Rashford, Greenwood, Diallo, James, Mejbri and Shoretire is our frontline sorted for the next 5-10 years.

I know we’ve lost a lot of revenue due to the pandemic BUT we’re one of the very few teams that have enough income for it not to have been a financial disaster like it has been for Barca, we’d have to move Martial and Pogba on to recoup half of the outlay and take a gamble in midfield but it’d be worth it as Haaland and Sancho in tandem is right now the best/hottest double act in the game.

passing-wind

I can't see Haaland moving until 2022. It's illogical for clubs to sign him now with a considerably lower clause end of next season. I guess the only possibility in the factor is if Dortmund are desperate.

Donut

He’s going to go to Bayern for the clause fee in 2022. It’s inevitable.

vanrooney

If we sign him we will win the league next year - he guarantees you 30 goals in the league imo and with the team we have we are more than capable to compete on all fronts. If pogba leaves we have to use this money for an defensive mid, let’s sort the cb Situation with what we have in bailly tuanzebe or mengi. We should go all out for him. Don’t want to see him in a city shirt

OmarUnited4ever

is Raiola his agent though ?

I thought his father who is a former pro footballer is his manger/agent, Raiola came into the picture to facilitate the contract negotiations with BVB only, if Halaand ever decided to join us, he can use Ole's influence as an advantage to get the best contract.

i could be wrong though.

I can only see him playing for us after he leaves Dortmund. ;)
In Egypt they sat say "From your mouth to the doors of heaven" which means Amen.

I'm not egyptian btw.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
Lots of rumours that Haaland will demand a five-year package worth £78m to move clubs this summer. Just call him and say "yes, that's a deal". He will win us trophies and sell shirts that will if not pay for that, come close enough! Let's not haggle over the last £10 and get it done. He could be difference between getting back to winning the Prem and possibly the CL

Denis' cuff

Bayern, City and Chelsea, at least, will be in for him you’d think.

just don’t think we’re smart enough to get this done, especially with the competition,
unless we jump in early this summer with an offer higher than the clause? Not our style though

we’ll do well to get Sancho, with Diallo on the right and Greenwood up top. Don’t even see that happening tbh

Status
Not open for further replies.