Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

RUCK4444

I think we are in for him. Since we paused Sancho where are the clubs that will take our place and spend 80m on him? Sancho is a great player but the clubs arent there to get that high of a fee. Instead we come in with a 100m offer for Haaland in a summer they need to sell.
It could be a grand master move if it worked out that way
We have to pay whatever it takes.

100m+? Fine. Done.

300k+ wages? Fine. Done.

We have a striker issue, we absolutely have to have a 25+ goalscorer in our starting 11. There is a huge shortage of top level strikers, especially ones that are available.

This kid ticks all the boxes to warrant our nextin record fee, no doubt in my mind.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I really like him as a player but the way he deals with money is a bit worrying for me.

Kag

I think I’ve come round to the idea that a guaranteed bullet of a centre forward is more pressing than a right winger. Greenwood and Amad can play out on the right, as can Rashford in a pickle. Martial isn’t going to be the man and Cavani isn’t a long term answer either (both valuable players to have around, don’t get me wrong).

If this fella is available then you go all in. I don’t trust the board to back Ole in this case, however.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
I think we need Haaland more than we need Sancho. Hopefully Diallo or Greenwood excell in the RW. But if we are stuck with Martial up top, i dont think we will win anything.

It would take more than that and rightly so.

Imagine trading Haaland for Martial, I would be raging :lol:
Martial might fetch £30m in this market?

difficult to estimate a fee for Haaland, there will be downward pressure due to his release clause (even though obviously it doesn’t kick in until 2022).

OleBoiii

Sell Pogba, Martial and Lingard.

Buy Haaland, a DM and a CB. The net spend should not be higher 70-80 million and we'll finally have a team strong enough to win the PL.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
No top clubs would ever accept their demands of including a sell-on clause, believed to be in the region of 65m which will be activated next year.

It was reported that Dortmund paid 22.5m transfer fee plus 10 million euros to Mino Raiola.
See I don't get this at all.

Dortmund get 2½ seasons of him scoring for fun and make a £50m profit. Sure it hurts to lose him so soon and for less than his market value, but he made them a better team for 2.5 years and they have a bit of extra money in the bank for a new striker in 2022.

United meanwhile will go in to 2022 needing a striker themselves, having spent most of the last 2.5 seasons with Martial / Cavani leading the line missing chances Haaland would have put away, and probably unable to sell either to fund a replacement.

This is why Dortmund have been and will continue to be a well-run club from a recruitment perspective, and why United aren't.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information

Dortmund get 2½ seasons of him scoring for fun and make a £50m profit. Sure it hurts to lose him so soon and for less than his market value, but he made them a better team for 2.5 years and they have a bit of extra money in the bank for a new striker in 2022.

United meanwhile will go in to 2022 needing a striker themselves, having spent most of the last 2.5 seasons with Martial / Cavani leading the line missing chances Haaland would have put away, and probably unable to sell either to fund a replacement.

This is why Dortmund have been and will continue to be a well-run club from a recruitment perspective, and why United aren't.
But they still haven't achieved anything more than United since Klopp left.

Remember the geese

The difference is that we are not intent on becoming a better team for a 2.5 year window, but for the duration of Haaland's career and beyond. We are a completely different scale of club to Dortmund. A prospective signing for this club asking for a release clause in his contract is quite rightly viewed as an insult.

RUCK4444

Martial might fetch £30m in this market?

difficult to estimate a fee for Haaland, there will be downward pressure due to his release clause (even though obviously it doesn’t kick in until 2022).
You would like to think so in fairness.

On the bolded, I'm hoping this is where we can steal a march, we should go in with a big bid, one that our competitors will be loathed to match due to said release clause. That's the only way I think we gain an edge, if he has his choice of clubs all offering the base release clause amount then we don't stand much of a chance.

That's the angle I would be using if I were Ed. Also I would utilise the situation with Raiola and Pogba as leverage on the agent, agree to grease the wheels on what they intend to do with Pogba's exit if they do the same with Haaland heading our way.

These are two angles we can use to some extent, either way it will take big money. He is absolutely worth it though. If we could get him for just shy of £100 million we would be grabbing a bargain with guaranteed sell-on value. He's marketable and Ed will like that aspect as well, his already big profile will rocket at United.

stevoc

Yeah well run but well run for a selling club with zero ambition.

croadyman

If we get DDG, Martial & Pogba off our books we have a big chance. We don't have a big chance because we won't get them off our books. Huge contracts.
Yeah we are lumbered with their wages on our payroll which amounts to around £910,000 a week for them

Tallis

The difference is that we are not intent on becoming a better team for a 2.5 year window, but for the duration of Haaland's career and beyond. We are a completely different scale of club to Dortmund. A prospective signing for this club asking for a release clause in his contract is quite rightly viewed as an insult.
If Haaland could have helped us win the league this year, would you still take his release clause as an insult ?

Even without a release clause, we ultimately sold Ronaldo to Real.

Personally - I would have taken the release clause - asked for a higher amount and have some kind of agreement that the release clause couldn’t be exercised by a premier league club. Then with the money, we could have bought Kane or Mbappe or Sancho etc.

Davie Moyes

If Haaland could have helped us win the league this year, would you still take his release clause as an insult ?

Personally - I would have taken the release clause - asked for a higher amount and have some kind of agreement that the release clause couldn’t be exercised by a premier league club. Then with the money, we could have bought Kane or Mbappe or Sancho etc.
I think that's what the issue was. His camp wanting a lowish release clause. Certainly would not have been favourable to Utd that's for sure.

croadyman

I think we need Haaland more than we need Sancho. Hopefully Diallo or Greenwood excell in the RW. But if we are stuck with Martial up top, i dont think we will win anything.
Yeah I would agree with that but only selling Pogba & Martial opens up an opportunity otherwise forget it

We need an rvn

There are two massive problems with this transfer.
1 - we are dealing with a **** agent, scum. Don't think there's a person in football I like less at the moment - and I'm a positive nice guy! It's like the players he represent have no loyalty and after a couple of years into a contract he demands obscene money for them to sign again. That will have a huge impact on dressing room harmony like we have with Pogba at times.
2 - Will signing Haaland stifle Mason as an out an out striker, categorically yes. According to all the reports, rumours etc Mason is the most natural goal scorer in x years and a no. 9. I don't see how they can play together unless you make one of the two play out of their best position, and therefor shouldn't we use the money to strengthen elsewhere?

Saying that, would I have Haaland at the club and try to figure out how to deal with Mr R and his ego as well as fitting in Rashford, Haaland and Mason in an attacking threat - absolutely. As well as Diallo etc of course too.

croadyman

Sell Pogba, Martial and Lingard.

Buy Haaland, a DM and a CB. The net spend should not be higher 70-80 million and we'll finally have a team strong enough to win the PL.
Won't get a DM because club don't see the same problem as everyone else can which is utterly staggering

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Yeah I would agree with that but only selling Pogba & Martial opens up an opportunity otherwise forget it
If we just bought Haaland and a top CB in summer, i would consider it a decent window.

Maybe a cheap enough MF or bring Garner back (although i am not totally convinced by him. But he is young.)

But without a top CF and a top CB, we are in trouble.

croadyman

If we just bought Haaland and a top CB in summer, i would consider it a decent window.

Maybe a cheap enough MF or bring Garner back (although i am not totally convinced by him. But he is young.)

But without a top CF and a top CB, we are in trouble.
Who would you consider a top CB and cheap enough MF then just out of interest

Remember the geese

Personally, yes. I value long term commitment, over short term gain. Completely understand why others would be happy enough with this arrangement however.
We did indeed. If Haaland gave us the same length of service that Ronaldo did, with a title or two, as opposed to just the two or three years that he will likely give Dortmund, then that would be more tolerable but still frustrating.

What would be interesting is if after a few years of Haaland, time would then allow us a seamless transition of Greenwood taking up the number 9 role.

lysglimt

Scout
We might not get him - but we should simply make a £100 million bid - and we will see which other clubs who can afford to match it. In my opinion, probably just City - maybe Chelsea if they offload some players.

Skills

Snitch
Another 18 months, after the 21/22 season. So Dortmund will have the choice to sell in this next window for a higher price, or to keep him for another 12 months and get €75m when the clause becomes active.
Seems like the time to hail mary a 120m offer at them. If they refuse it, offer him and his agent an additional 45m signing on bonus for next season.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
He's got City written all over him, to me. They need him too, have the money, plus the ties with his old man.
Yet Pep hates Raiola and doesn't really play with an out and out striker.

I think they'd rather get Messi this summer.

dinostar77

Interesting Transfer Window podcast. Allegedly Dortmund are happy to let Haaland go (aside from the need for a cash injection). Scores the goals but overall the team has weakened since he joined. Too reliant on him for goals to the detriment of the team. Technically has not improved since he joined. His off the ball play has regressed. Plays for himself rather than the team.

Riaola is keen to get Haaland to Madrid. But depends on if Mbappe deal happens or not. If not Haaland is 2nd choice for Madrid as replacement for Benzema.

If Dortmund let Haaland go this summer, then thats the door shut for sales of stars at Dortmund this summer.

https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/vnid://episodes/43548466?media_id=32032290

Jacky Quacky

made eight consecutive posts about Fellaini once
Interesting Transfer Window podcast. Allegedly Dortmund are happy to let Haaland go (aside from the need for a cash injection). Scores the goals but overall the team has weakened since he joined. Too reliant on him for goals to the detriment of the team. Technically has not improved since he joined. His off the ball play has regressed. Plays for himself rather than the team.

Riaola is keen to get Haaland to Madrid. But depends on if Mbappe deal happens or not. If not Haaland is 2nd choice for Madrid as replacement for Benzema.

If Dortmund let Haaland go this summer, then thats the door shut for sales of stars at Dortmund this summer.

https://play.acast.com/s/thetransferwindow/vnid://episodes/43548466?media_id=32032290
Haaland has literally carried them this season because he is their best player. I think Dortmund are trying to save face as they have to sell him.

Imagine if they had someone like martial at striker, they would be fecking 10Th!

Status
Not open for further replies.