Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

mav_9me

Highly doubt City are interested at least not while Pep is there. Arteta was saying last weekend that Pep had always wanted to play City without a No.9. Pep prefers without a focal point no?

As someone said 100m would be a steal for him.

Somehow dont think it will be us. Only thing really going for us would be Ole.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Highly doubt City are interested at least not while Pep is there. Arteta was saying last weekend that Pep had always wanted to play City without a No.9. Pep prefers without a focal point no?

As someone said 100m would be a steal for him.

Somehow dont think it will be us. Only thing really going for us would be Ole.
I think if it comes down to a straight out battle between a handful of clubs next summer with his clause active... he will go to Madrid. Think its so obvious and i wouldn't mind betting they are the club he had his eye on when inserting his buyout clause.

The only scenario where i can see him somewhere other than Madrid, which IMO would be man city, is if Madrid simply dont have the funds this summer, and City go all out

Last edited:

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
I think if it comes down to a straight out battle between a handful of clubs next summer with his clause active... he will go to Madrid. Think its so obvious and i wouldn't mind betting they are the club he had his eye on when inserting his buyout clause.

The only scenario where i can see him somewhere other than Madrid, which IMO would be man city, is if Madrid simply dont have the funds this summer, and City go all out
He's from a country that tends to prefer the Premier League teams, and he himself is generally said to prefer the PL (a few years ago he said his dream would be to win the PL with Leeds).

I think it depends on what he's planning for his career. If he wants to go to one club and hopefully spend most of his career there (as long as they are successful the entire time of course) then I think he'll come to England after leaving Dortmund. If he's planning on moving around a bit and try to win the title everywhere then he may go to Spain first. Although even then I'd tend to think England would come first as the Spanish teams have probably been hurt more by Covid.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Am I the only one who thinks that the absolute priorities are CB and CDM/CM?
What's the point in the golden roof if the foundation is fragile...

Besides that Haaland is just overrated
He’s really not, he’s killing it in every competition he plays in so far at 20 years old.
If we miss out we will live to regret it

troylocker

I think you are overestimating RMs chances here. PL is the best league in the world now. Liverpool's and Manchester United's supporter clubs in Norway has 10 times more members than the 3rd biggest football supporter club there and English football has higher status in Norway than any other league in the world.
ZZ doesn't trust youngsters and it looks like RM is not going to be the giant in European football that they used to be in the years to come. Zidane fields Modric, Benzema, Kroos, Ramos, Lukas, Isco, Varane etc. week in week out while RM has had some of the best prospects in football at their disposal. They could easily have implemented some of Jovic, Odegaard (a good friend of Haaland), Hakimi, Llorente, Theo Hernandez, Reguilon, Brahim Diaz, Reinier, Kubo, Mayoral, Oscar etc. (all potential WC talents) into their team, but has not given any of them a fair chance and has sent them all away (some still have a chance to make it, but you get my point). Rodrygo, Vinicius and Militao (and more) are or have been rotting away/stagnating in the squad with too few minutes while RM fields over their peak 30+ year olds.
I have us and City on the top of the list of likely places for Haaland to end up/go next.

I guess Haaland and his advisors are a little bit curious to see what would happen if you implied his goalratio (27 goals in 2122 minutes in all comps this season, 78 minutes per goal) in stead of Martial and Cavanis' (14 goals in 3262 minutes combined in all comps this season, 233 minutes per goal) on top for us, and see where that would take us in the league and CL. I am too.

Last edited:

bsCallout

Madrid are broke broke.

dinostar77

Madrid are broke broke.
Thats not stricly true. Madrid are being crafty. Well perez is being a crafty so and so. Getting his players to take pay cuts. Covid has affected them like everyone else. But they have access to a €350mil credit line they haven't used as yet. Plus as other spainish papers have pointed out if Madrid use that credit line they can get more credit ontop of it from spainish banks because they are Real Madrid and they wont default on their payments.

macheda14

But every club around aren't backed by a state with a bottom-less pit of cash in the current climate.
If we’re going for one player we can match them for fees and wages. The club was willing to spend 80 million plus add ons for Jason Sancho last summer. Clubs also don’t really get in bidding wars, it goes to the fee Dortmund will command (id imagine 100 million+) and then the battle is won through wages and the ability to woo the player with a more interesting project.

The bigger issue is just that they’re managed by Pep and play unbelievable football. That’s hard for a footballer to turn down.

Glorio

Mino Riola is suddenly starting to play nice with United and backtracking on Pogba leaving this summer - even bigging up Ole as someone who has won everything?
Hmmmm.... I wonder if that has anything to do with Haaland being in the shop window this summer

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Mino Riola is suddenly starting to play nice with United and backtracking on Pogba leaving this summer - even bigging up Ole as someone who has won everything?
Hmmmm.... I wonder if that has anything to do with Haaland being in the shop window this summer
More likely he’s got no big offers for Pogba so his best chance of a huge final contract is with United. Doubt it’s anything to do with Haaland.

James35

Or nobody can afford Pogba fee and wages and Riaola needs him to stay another year before fecking off to Juve on a free.

You know whatever Dortmund want for Haaland we'll offer way less. Clubs will be more interested in splashing what they have on a Haaland than a Pogba in my opinion, either way the fat turd wins and we'll probably lose.

Judas

Open to offers
If City want him, surely they'll get him. Will Mino and Haaland fancy their chances of leaving there to go to another big club? City just don't seem to sell their best players, and if Haaland wants to play all around Europe, maybe that's not the move for him.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
More likely this business isn’t the big soap opera that fans try to make out, and in the real world is not treated as ‘Raiola hates United’ one week, then ‘Raiola loves them’ the next.

Said many times, but the man is a football agent. No more, no less. He represents some footballers business affairs, and is outspoken. All there is to it, and I agree with him about fans getting overly emotional about his every word, whereas in reality - the actual people involved aren’t bothered half as much. His clients will do what they want, and he will do the best he can for them, whether dealing with United or any other club.

Bwuk

More likely this business isn’t the big soap opera that fans try to make out, and in the real world is not treated as ‘Raiola hates United’ one week, then ‘Raiola loves them’ the next.

Said many times, but the man is a football agent. No more, no less. He represents some footballers business affairs, and is outspoken. All there is to it, and I agree with him about fans getting overly emotional about his every word, whereas in reality - the actual people involved aren’t bothered half as much. His clients will do what they want, and he will do the best he can for them, whether dealing with United or any other club.
Spot on.

People who don't want potentially the best striker in the world because of his agent are being silly.

We wouldn't be hearing Raiola talk about Pogba moving on if we were winning or were successful.

troylocker

Spot on.

People who don't want potentially the best striker in the world because of his agent are being silly.

We wouldn't be hearing Raiola talk about Pogba moving on if we were winning or were successful.
True that!

georgipep

Spot on.

It also depends on the player (for example, Ibra did not have a great time in his second season but Raiola did not speak about it, most likely because he was told to shut it) but I agree in general.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Spot on.

Raiola did speak about Pogba leaving the day of our final CL match.

Not sure it links anything to winning or success. He said it the day before we needed to be successful rather than saying afterwards.

macheda14

Raiola did speak about Pogba leaving the day of our final CL match.

Not sure it links anything to winning or success. He said it the day before we needed to be successful rather than saying afterwards.
He said it a week before and it was published a day before. Moo point however.

Adcuth

More likely he’s got no big offers for Pogba so his best chance of a huge final contract is with United. Doubt it’s anything to do with Haaland.
New Pogba deal and wanting us to be signing haaland it will be. He'll make a load of doh off us

redrobed

There’s no way Ole wouldn’t want him and he’s desperate to come - the only potential stumbling block is the Glazers and their usual lack of willingness to spend.

dinostar77

Wouldnt suprise me if Riaola is on a bigger commission from Dortmund to get Haaland transfered this summer. After all, summer of 2022 hes available for €75mil. Dortmund probably want to cash in on the hype at €100mil this summer.

Not sure if the optics of spending €100mil on a player when staff and general public have been furloughed / laid off and the economy is in the biggest depression for 80 years will have an impact on any decision.

Personally i dont see any club playing €100mil for him this summer. Not because of his talent but because of football finances. Wait 12 months and you get him for €75mil.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
The only logical and level headed thing to take from what Ole has said is he is coming he on the 1st July. :drool:

hungrywing

He’s coming home soon :drool:
He's of the right mentality, at least. He's the type of person to eschew money for the sake of being able to say he did so.

He's also the type of person to deadpan something like, "What other club? There is only one club in Manchester" during his first press conference.

We'll see what happens.

cyberman

If Ole was manager of any other club with his close connection to the player and his openness to the media we would be thinking he was a slam dunk to that club.

VidaRed

Unimaginative FC
I fully expect city and chelsea to splash half a billion between them in the coming transfer window. We sure as hell can't compete against their bottomless pits of cash and neither can the dippers, so don't get your hopes up.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I do wonder if Haaland might decide hes happy to stay at Dortmud for one more year this summer and then him and raiola look for a 100 million signing on fee (or some pother crazy number) when the transfer clause kicks in.

croadyman

I fully expect city and chelsea to splash half a billion between them in the coming transfer window. We sure as hell can't compete against their bottomless pits of cash and neither can the dippers, so don't get your hopes up.
Yeah unless you are either of them two or PSG then expect an even more budget summer than last year

Status
Not open for further replies.