Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
It certainly appears that Raiola only ever cares about the bottom line, but apparently that isn’t the case. A friend of mine has been working for Raiola for a few years now, doing his taxes mainly. And he told me that Raiola actually doesn’t give a feck about money, as mind boggling as that sounds. Apparently Raiola’s drive is purely based on doing right by his players and get them the best carriers possible.

Make of it what you will of course. I find it very hard to believe myself if I’m honest. But this does come from someone who works with him on a daily basis.
I have ever read an article about Raiola's clients - the players he represents, say anything bad about him. He is doing a good job for his clients, from Ibra, Haaland, Pogba, Lingaard and even to Balotelli. He works for his clients. There is always a reason why players hire him. Even Ajax's Brian Brobbey hired him as his agent to look after his next move. I don't believe one bit about Raiola only look after himself first and care about his clients second. Players are not stupid, and just look at how he still keep Balotelli on his book and work hard to find him work.

hubbuh

I have ever read an article about Raiola's clients - the players he represents, say anything bad about him. He is doing a good job for his clients, from Ibra, Haaland, Pogba, Lingaard and even to Balotelli. He works for his clients. There is always a reason why players hire him. Even Ajax's Brian Brobbey hired him as his agent to look after his next move. I don't believe one bit about Raiola only look after himself first and care about his clients second. Players are not stupid, and just look at how he still keep Balotelli on his book and work hard to find him work.
Didn't Lingard leave Raiola after less than a year?

OmarUnited4ever

Haaland Sr. Has said that he won't mind seeing his son play for Manchester United.

"Despite Alf-Inge having represented Manchester City and Leeds United during his playing days, the former defender has insisted that he would be happy to see Erling Braut make the switch to Old Trafford.

The 46-year-old told TV2: "It would be nice. It is important to distinguish between being a supporter and a job. So I have a very relaxed relationship with that. It's a little different when it's serious.

Awesome.

so it depends on Haaland's desire and the willingness of the board and Ole to bring him to United.

Synco

Lucio's #1 Fan
Can anyone tell me why he didnt take the pen yesterday?
No idea about Dortmund's pen hierarchy, but he does seem like a team player. Also squared it to Reinier for Dortmund's third, despite being in a good scoring position.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Of course it will mean something. How much bearing it will have on the decision however, is anyone’s guess. It certainly doesn’t hurt though, I should think.

It’s strange seeing poters on a United forum write about this case as if we’re Tottenham or something.
Not strange at all sadly.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I find fans comments about Raiola ridiculous and extremely petulant more often than not. As if he’s some sort of Bond villain. But footy fans often meed a villain anyway, and he makes a perfect place to park a lot of blame.

It’s as if he picks his players rather than them picking him. He’s no different to any other agent. Because Aubameyang’s agent isn’t a public figure, for example, nobody was so caught up about his role in Auba’s conteact ‘saga’ - where he was looking to leave unless he got an enormous contract, which he eventually did. Auba’s agent obviously played no different role as Big Bad Mino would have played here. And that’s one of hundreds of examples throughout the game.

Polar

Just do it! Sell Martial, Pogba, DDG = Haaland

Sell Matic, Lingard, Lindelof + ?m = CD or CM

croadyman

Just do it! Sell Martial, Pogba, DDG = Haaland

Sell Matic, Lingard, Lindelof + ?m = CD or CM
Just can't see us paying off DDG the same way that we did with Sanchez because that's the only way it happens

Offsideagain

A story has emerged that United were due for talks with Molde (when Ole managed them) to sign Haaland but turned up an hour late as they forgot that Europe were an hour ahead and he had signed for Salzburg. If true, that just about sums up our transfer policy. City and Chelsea favourites to sign him, both will ignore FFP and pay whatever Dortmund and his agent want so we can kiss goodbye to any chance of signing him.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
A story has emerged that United were due for talks with Molde (when Ole managed them) to sign Haaland but turned up an hour late as they forgot that Europe were an hour ahead and he had signed for Salzburg. If true, that just about sums up our transfer policy. City and Chelsea favourites to sign him, both will ignore FFP and pay whatever Dortmund and his agent want so we can kiss goodbye to any chance of signing him.
What was that, 4/5 yrs ago ?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Where has this story emerged from?

Another load of utter bollocks. :lol:

Source for this bollocks? "Forgot Europe was an hour ahead", sounds like something some utter dickhead on facebook would post.

RazorOz

Can anyone tell me why he didnt take the pen yesterday?
He isn't the first choice pen taker. Dortmund had problems with penalties this season with Reus and Haaland missing them, Sancho has 100% record from the spot I think so seems to be #1 choice for penalty taker right now.

WR10

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Alright. This season is over for us again and we can now reflect. We learned with Cavanis glimpses of brilliance that a proper striker elevates this team to new highs. I honestly do not think there will be a better striker in top leagues for the next 15 years than Haaland.

Yes he is that special. This kid is a freak. He’s a psychopath. A madman. He’s everything we need leading the line in front of Bruno

Judas

Open to offers
Alright. This season is over for us again and we can now reflect. We learned with Cavanis glimpses of brilliance that a proper striker elevates this team to new highs. I honestly do not think there will be a better striker in top leagues for the next 15 years than Haaland.

Yes he is that special. This kid is a freak. He’s a psychopath. A madman. He’s everything we need leading the line in front of Bruno
Bloody hell how long have I been asleep for.

DannyCAFC

Supports
Charlton Athletic
News reports indicate they've set aside around 300 million for their transfer kitty.

And they spent hundreds of millions in the previous summer transfer window as well, so if that's not a bottomless pit of cash then nothing is.
There net spend in windows prior to last year wasn't actually very high. In particular they had a few years where they were pretty much breaking even.

Last year they basically just spent the money they accumulated in the transfer ban window, where they only spent £40m on Kovacic but Hazard + Morata plus deadwood and made a huge profit.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
I see Chelsea are linked now. So dumb, he's not going to join Chelsea unless we go on a crazy run in the CL and look like real contenders (highly unlikely).

This guy screams Man City to me.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
I see Chelsea are linked now. So dumb, he's not going to join Chelsea unless we go on a crazy run in the CL and look like real contenders (highly unlikely).

Possibly, they will have to fork out a lot for him.Over the odds as it's moneybags City

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
said it before and will again: the same day the season ends, we should be on the phone and asking Dortmund how much they want - and tell them the payment is being wired within the hour! Of course Woodward will haggle over 7p, after offering about £10m first time round and then be shocked that Halaand ends up somewhere else

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days

I’m not so sure about City, he doesn’t exactly fit the Pep mould. I wouldn’t be surprised either if Raiola advised him against trying to be shoehorned into a Pep side after Zlatan’s experience.

I think between Raiola, Haaland Snr and Erling, they will be looking to pick a team that suits his style of play and is built around letting him score goals.

Thunderhead

Supports
City
Chelsea & City with their unlimited finances seem easily the biggest threat and could see either making a move in these summer for him whereas the likes of us, Barca, Real & Bayern look like we will play the waiting game
What unlimited finances? You are away that United have spent more than both City and Chelsea since SAF retired?

macheda14

What unlimited finances? You are away that United have spent more than both City and Chelsea since SAF retired?
Yeh which was a limited resource we squandered. We have huge revenues that allow us to spend a lot in the transfer market, but the pandemic has severely impacted this. City and Chelsea have the funds to take advantage of the market this summer.

multiple reports say we’ll only go for one marquee signing. Whereas Chelsea reportedly have a very very large budget to spend.

christinaa

Gossip Girl
If we really really want him we must pay the cash and no fecking around as some other team will definitely grab him this time around.

croadyman

What I mean by that is you two can spend whatever you want because COVID doesn't hit your finances like the rest

Thunderhead

Supports
City
What I mean by that is you two can spend whatever you want because COVID doesn't hit your finances like the rest
That's fair enough, I disagree but can see where you're coming from when you phrase it like that

croadyman

That's fair enough, I disagree but can see where you're coming from when you phrase it like that
I just feel like in a situation like this everyone should have to operate in the same way rather than three teams blatantly taking the piss out of other teams unable to spend their way out of trouble

Thunderhead

Supports
City
I just feel like in a situation like this everyone should have to operate in the same way rather than three teams blatantly taking the piss out of other teams unable to spend their way out of trouble
I get that but you're assuming what you're thinking above is actually going to happen. Who are the 3 teams btw?

I honestly can't see city spending fortunes, only really need a left back and a centre forward as the squad is pretty settled.

Status
Not open for further replies.