Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
would you invest your own money into a football club? You might because you are a fan, not a business owner.

we lost the right to take the moral high ground when it comes to owners the day we listed on the stock exchange.
It's not investment. It's spending your money on a toy. Chelsea will never, ever, pay back Roman for what he has 'invested'.

It's like 'investing' in a new yacht. Which will only lose value. It's nice, it's shiny, it's fun. But it's not a f*cking investment.

Sorry, I hate when people use that term with sugar daddy owners.

Red_toad

We fans need to set up a gofundme for this. There is estimated to be 142 million Man Utd fans in the word. So we just need to throw in 2 pounds each to make this happen.
If anyone wants to set 1 up to buy the club from the leeches I’ll chuck a few hundred in ;)
We’ll be seeking a bargain striker this summer, fans are just setting themselves up for disappointment once more...

Red00012

I can’t see him wanting to join us to be honest , I’m not been negative just realistic.
A whole summer ahead of been linked with him, I can’t wait:rolleyes:

croadyman

I can’t see him wanting to join us to be honest , I’m not been negative just realistic.
A whole summer ahead of been linked with him, I can’t wait:rolleyes:
Well one thing you can say is Ole will push for the board to go all out for him and if he decides to go elsewhere then at least we gave it everything to make it happen but remains to be seen if we will do that

It's not investment. It's spending your money on a toy. Chelsea will never, ever, pay back Roman for what he has 'invested'.

It's like 'investing' in a new yacht. Which will only lose value. It's nice, it's shiny, it's fun. But it's not a f*cking investment.

Sorry, I hate when people use that term with sugar daddy owners.
touchy aren’t you! :lol:

I might agree with you in terms of terminology - however, I didn’t mention Chelsea or any sugar daddy clubs, I was referring to United.

anyway it’s not the thread to be doing this in.

redrobed

We’ve had years and years of underspending now while your City’s, your Chelsea’s, your Liverpool’s try and buy our league. We’ve tried doing the honourable thing and winning it with our English youngsters. Now it’s time to invest. He’s made it clear he’s desperate to come to Utd. Make it happen.

Le Red

The problem is not the offer but whether he'd want to come to United, which is very unlikely.
"Very unlikely" based on what? He obviously would like to play in the Premier League. He and his dad only have good things to say about Ole. We are one of the few clubs in the world who can afford his transfer and his wages. We actually have a good team with a huge upside. We don't have a manager who hates center forwards. All of these makes us serious contenders (as long as Ed is willing to fight for this).

SwedishFish

Seems like one of those where we won't push the boat out to get the man we desperately need.

Its hard to see what other teams could afford him right now.

City obviously, but they seldom make splashes that are THAT substantial on one player, and Messi's potential impending departure on a free transfer might be too big of a lure for Pep to turn down. They do have the historical connection to Haaland though and have the capacity if they want him and would certainly be the crown jewel to a ridiculously strong team.

Real Madrid and Barcelona feel somewhat unlikely considering their current financial status and the poor transfer decisions they've made in recent years, Real with the redevelopment of the Bernabeu and Barcelona with the mess they are currently in.

Real would also have to shed some players including Benzema for this to happen most likely.

Chelsea will likely stick to Timo Werner/Giroud for at least another season despite the noise, if they'd want him they would have to part with Timo already as well as lumping up another massive amount for a second successive summer in a row.

Liverpool are unlikely to splash that much (150 million) on one single player and shatter their wage structure, it doesn't really follow the pattern for Klopp targets.

PSG are firmly focused on other targets (Pogba, Messi) and are probably not in the race.

This leaves us, we have historically made some big transfers but none quite that big, we could no doubt afford his wages and it is the most gaping hole in the squad that needs to be filled. I fully expect us to not renew Cavani's deal because of his issues with injuries. We could also potentially lose Pogba and will likely sell off a few fringe players which could free up money for a big transfer splash. Will we be able to secure any other players though and will we pay up? I'm not so sure.

It will be interesting to see if we can actually pull this off, but for now, I remain sceptical of our chances. Especially after the Sancho debacle last summer.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Seems like one of those where we won't push the boat out to get the man we desperately need.

Its hard to see what other teams could afford him right now.

City obviously, but they seldom make splashes that are THAT substantial on one player, and Messi's potential impending departure on a free transfer might be too big of a lure for Pep to turn down. They do have the historical connection to Haaland though and have the capacity if they want him and would certainly be the crown jewel to a ridiculously strong team.

Real Madrid and Barcelona feel somewhat unlikely considering their current financial status and the poor transfer decisions they've made in recent years, Real with the redevelopment of the Bernabeu and Barcelona with the mess they are currently in.

Real would also have to shed some players including Benzema for this to happen most likely.

Chelsea will likely stick to Timo Werner/Giroud for at least another season despite the noise, if they'd want him they would have to part with Timo already as well as lumping up another massive amount for a second successive summer in a row.

Liverpool are unlikely to splash that much (150 million) on one single player and shatter their wage structure, it doesn't really follow the pattern for Klopp targets.

PSG are firmly focused on other targets (Pogba, Messi) and are probably not in the race.

This leaves us, we have historically made some big transfers but none quite that big, we could no doubt afford his wages and it is the most gaping hole in the squad that needs to be filled. I fully expect us to not renew Cavani's deal because of his issues with injuries. We could also potentially lose Pogba and will likely sell off a few fringe players which could free up money for a big transfer splash. Will we be able to secure any other players though and will we pay up? I'm not so sure.

It will be interesting to see if we can actually pull this off, but for now, I remain sceptical of our chances. Especially after the Sancho debacle last summer.
Don't think so. All the noises I've heard are tammy and giroud will leave. And timo plays more off the left. We will likely be in for a striker this summer.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
We’ve had years and years of underspending now while your City’s, your Chelsea’s, your Liverpool’s try and buy our league. We’ve tried doing the honourable thing and winning it with our English youngsters. Now it’s time to invest. He’s made it clear he’s desperate to come to Utd. Make it happen.
We invested loads. Just not very well.

yamo123x

Based on his agent being Raiola, his father being ex Leeds and City player and his ambition to win the biggest trophies, i cant see him coming here.

Dont get me wrong he is goal machine and would be a fantastic addition, but i think we will still go for Sancho.

Water Melon

All those who are claiming that Ole will play a big role in Erling's transfer to United before next season, are you really sure of that? I am absolutely sure Haaland will not be playing for Manchester United next season. Let's make a proper bet: if he is a Manchester United player come September 2021, I will quit the caf forever. If he is not, you quit. Any takers? The deadline is 22.00 hrs Central European time, March 20, 2021.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
We've spent more than Chelsea and Liverpool. We've just wasted it on players that didn't end up working out.

Mike Smalling

If I was Dortmund, I would seriously consider selling to the highest bidder in the summer. They will need to sell eventually anyway, and the hype is not going to get any bigger than it is now.

Can't see him coming here, to be honest. The only small hope is that he would put a higher weight on the history of the club and the challenge aspect of it, i.e. being a major contributing factor in bringing United back to the top. If he wants to maximize his chances of winning a league or CL title next year, he should look elsewhere of course.

dinostar77

If dortmund sell this summer and as you say, its in their best interest to sell this summer for more than next summers release clause fee. I think if he comes to the PL, it will be to City. Its the best place for him to go for his career in PL and chasing down individual and team honours. City create a helluva lot of chances, he wont be short of opportunities to score.

Guardiola will improve him as a player. I still think he might get his head turned by Real or Barcelona if they can stump up the financial pacakage and transfer fee. Hard to turn those clubs down. The weather, culture and lifestyle off the pitch. Who would say no to that?

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
We have started spending a lot less now though.

Every second year or so we just waste an entire transfer window
We simply won't start spending big again until crowds come back. We cannot pay for the transfers and debt is piling up.

Only the sugar daddy clubs will be buying unless crowds come back before summer comes.

laughtersassassin

We simply won't start spending big again until crowds come back. We cannot pay for the transfers and debt is piling up.

Only the sugar daddy clubs will be buying unless crowds come back before summer comes.
Our debt piles up no matter what because our owners are shite. Debt cannot be an excuse when we could have paid it off by now.

Always the club with the excuse. It's pathetic.

Liverpool where more ambitious in their window in the summer than we where FFS. They tried to sign two starters. Even if it hasn't worked out for them it's a perfect example of what's wrong with us.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
Pay him £350,000 a week and you’ll find most clubs unable to afford those wages hampering his chances to leave in the future. Pay him what he wants. He’s going to be a legend at his next club.

Siorac

We’re not that far really. In order to pull away from us, they needed to literally win every game for three months, which is abnormal. We have dropped maybe 2 or 3 more than even a normal title challenging team would in the same period, and a team shouldn’t normally be expected to win every single game to win the league. If any team does that in a given year, they will pull away.
They started their winning run on December 19, winning 13 Premier League games in a row. Which isn't that abnormal in modern times, I might add - the record is 18.

In that same period - during City's winning run, I mean - we played 15 games and dropped 17 points in them. That's more than what City dropped in the entire 2017/18 season or Liverpool last season. It's a 71-point pace. Even if we got 6 more points in that period, that's still "only" an 86-point pace. And even that is usually not enough for a title - in 7 out of the last 10 seasons, the eventual winners got more than that.

What I'm trying to say is that you absolutely HAVE to be able to win 10-12 league games in a row if you want to win the title. That's the norm now. And that we're still quite far away from achieving that sort of consistency. In all likelihood, we'll have to bridge a gap of about 15-20 points to win the league. One player, no matter how good, won't close that gap by himself.

Dve

If anyone wants to set 1 up to buy the club from the leeches I’ll chuck a few hundred in ;)
We’ll be seeking a bargain striker this summer, fans are just setting themselves up for disappointment once more...
Oh, I´m sure most of us can handle a disappointment now and then, it´s not such a big deal. Better to be disappointed sometimes, than dismissing all possibilities for something good to happen.

Siorac

That's a bizarre take on things really isn't it. United aren't struggling for top 4 without them so adding two players, or one of them, to the same squad will obviously improve it and bring it closer to the league leaders. Surely that's just common sense, especially when they both play in areas the current squad is weak in.
I think his point is that Dortmund - second in the league when getting Haaland - were hoping he would bring them closer to the league leaders but it didn't happen. There's zero guarantee for us, too.

Which is not a reason not to go for him, of course.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
All those who are claiming that Ole will play a big role in Erling's transfer to United before next season, are you really sure of that? I am absolutely sure Haaland will not be playing for Manchester United next season. Let's make a proper bet: if he is a Manchester United player come September 2021, I will quit the caf forever. If he is not, you quit. Any takers? The deadline is 22.00 hrs Central European time, March 20, 2021.
Just curious, but what do you hope to achieve with a post like this? You put yourself out there saying that you are absolutely sure that he won't be playing for us next season, but there's obviously no way that you can be so certain. This is a great example of the modern trend on here of our supporters just being generally down about the club, and you seem to do it a lot.

So what if people want to speculate about a player like this coming here. So what if people think (as I do) that our managers relationship might be a benefit to our chances.

SwedishFish

Don't think so. All the noises I've heard are tammy and giroud will leave. And timo plays more off the left. We will likely be in for a striker this summer.
Eh isn't Timo meant to be an out-and-out striker?

Massive investment if you spend 200 million last summer and 100+ million this summer too.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
Eh isn't Timo meant to be an out-and-out striker?

Massive investment if you spend 200 million last summer and 100+ million this summer too.
Hes played much more off the left than up front and even when he is up front he runs the channels. We need a striker regardless of whether it's haaland or not imo.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
Jon Snow.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
I know we never made an official offer but feel like that money is still there
Where exactly? Our accounts are not a secret to be speculated at. If it is ‘there’, you should be able to point to it and say exactly where it is. We know how much money we have, it’s public info.

RUCK4444

Bit silly this though, nobody knows how it will turn out, there are a million moving parts that all go into whether a transfer happens or doesn’t.

I think we can be sure that he knows Ole and has a good relationship with him and that United are one of very few who could afford him. That’s all people are really suggesting, not that it’s by any means nailed on becuase it isn’t.

I think if we were to go all out for him this summer he could be tempted to come here to United, be the main man and would fancy the challenge. He seems that type of character. But who knows, he might loathe United.

Siorac

What is it with you and Caf bets? You're doing the same in the Milan thread about Ibrahimovic.

Status
Not open for further replies.