Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

ROFLUTION

This shitshow Raiola is. Clearly told and leaked their itiniary to some journos to take pictures of them in Spain to make all clubs in England/France/Germany on alert and drive up the price and start a bidding war.
If this is the standard Raiola show, he probably didn't even meet with anyone, just showed up in airports and got photos taken.

Nothing wrong in getting the right price, but you just know he'll be moving Haaland on later on too like all his other clients, to get his fat pockets even fatter.
It always have to be this some sort of public show like with Pogba with him. It's so obvious, yet clubs deal with him and get screwed.

I know he'll be a great player possibly on Zlatan level, but I'd rather stay away from Haaland and stop dealing with Raiola.

Imagine Raiola doing this to ourselves with our biggest player taking focus out of a title-challenge, making players doubt the commitment of a star-player.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
This shitshow Raiola is. Clearly told and leaked their itiniary to some journos to take pictures of them in Spain to make all clubs in England/France/Germany on alert and drive up the price and start a bidding war.
If this is the standard Raiola show, he probably didn't even meet with anyone, just showed up in airports and got photos taken.

Nothing wrong in getting the right price, but you just know he'll be moving Haaland on later on too like all his other clients, to get his fat pockets even fatter.
It always have to be this some sort of public show like with Pogba with him. It's so obvious, yet clubs deal with him and get screwed.

I know he'll be a great player possibly on Zlatan level, but I'd rather stay away from Haaland and stop dealing with Raiola.

Imagine Raiola doing this to ourselves with our biggest player taking focus out of a title-challenge, making players doubt the commitment of a star-player.
Yep - bring in a star Raiola client and you're bringing in a circus. It doesn't matter how good the talent is.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Yep - bring in a star Raiola client and you're bringing in a circus. It doesn't matter how good the talent is.
If Raiola is as bad as what people here claimed he would have lost all his clients and out of work already.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
I don't really get what the problem is with Raiola.

At the end of the day he will try to choose the club that suits the player better. That's about it.

If Raiola is as bad as what people here claimed he would have lost all his clients and out of work already.
Sums it up really.

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass

Agreed.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Raiola just brokered the deal move Brian Brobbey to Leipzig for free. No one talk about Raiola did this for money, and not after his client's development and best interest.

ROFLUTION

Raiola just brokered the deal move Brian Brobbey to Leipzig for free. No one talk about Raiola did this for money, and not after his client's development and best interest.
Brian who? Ever considered that his unknownness is why he did it? To aid his career, so he could be earning more on him in the future? Or is he just a rose-tinted fart to you?

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
Brian who? Ever considered that his unknownness is why he did it? To aid his career, so he could be earning more on him in the future? Or is he just a rose-tinted fart to you?
Ajax fan may contribute to this. This kid may have a good career ahead of him.

ROFLUTION

Why would he lose them? His clients are apparently fine with being moved on, so neither his clients or him seem to have a big problem with it, i.e Pogba, Haaland, Zlatan. His clients doesn't perceive him as bad, as he convinces them the moves he does are the best moves, both before and after he has stirred up a shitshow.

It's clubs like us who want stable players we can count on that is a bad fit for Raiola as we have succes as our ultimate end-goal. Raiola has earning cash as his end goal, and some of his most profiled players are flexible as to whether they go to club a or club b. Hence he doesn't lose his work. Good for him, sometimes for the players, sometimes/rarely for the clubs.

USREDEVIL

Can't believe there's some Raiola sympathizers on here. The guys a grade A asshole. Made plenty of anti-United comments, stirs shit up, all to fatten his pockets. There's ways to do things and ways not to.

Oranges038

Brian Ebenezer Adjei Brobbey.

How have you never heard of him?

Hell of player with a hell of a name, it has a future Ballon D'or winner ring to it.

Never heard of him either, will probably never hear of him again.

ROFLUTION

Brian Ebenezer Adjei Brobbey.

How have you never heard of him?

Hell of player with a hell of a name, it has a future Ballon D'or winner ring to it.

Never heard of him either, will probably never hear of him again.
Well I've heard of him twice now, so it must mean Raoila's a jolly good fella, aye. Sure he'll make Haaland go without any agent fees himself and what is purely best for Haaland.

And Oh White text :drool: what a pleasant surprise

ROFLUTION

If we think egotistic from Raiola's perspective about where Raiola would want Haaland to go, City is actually not where I see Raiola make the most money as players tend to stay at City for almost their entire careers. That'd lower the potential sums Raiola would get pr move, so the most ideal is probably a club like Real, Chelsea, United, PSG, Bayern, Juve (if Ronaldo leaves)

Heinzesight

I’m always up for a transfer saga - from calling Clubcall in the 90’s about Nadal and being glued to Teletext in the heady days of the Batistuta rumours to the Sneijder/Vidal/Thiago megathreads on here. Hell, I unzip at the slightest mention of a flight tracker.

And now Haaland, the dawn of a new saga, excitement beckons for many of us...but as good as he is, I just can’t be arsed with him and his interrailing bell-cheese of an agent.

croadyman

I’m always up for a transfer saga - from calling Clubcall in the 90’s about Nadal and being glued to Teletext in the heady days of the Batistuta rumours to the Sneijder/Vidal/Thiago megathreads on here. Hell, I unzip at the slightest mention of a flight tracker.

And now Haaland, the dawn of a new saga, excitement beckons for many of us...but as good as he is, I just can’t be arsed with him and his interrailing bell-cheese of an agent.
Remember Kluivert on Clubcall in the summer of 98 and we ended up getting Yorke

Coops73

Remember Kluivert on Clubcall in the summer of 98 and we ended up getting Yorke
I was on holiday in Lindos, Rhodes, and the papers were always a couple of days late back then, there’s a picture of me on the balcony of our hotel looking upset with us signing York on the back page of the scum.

I was noticeably underwhelmed.

I was wrong....again

croadyman

I was on holiday in Lindos, Rhodes, and the papers were always a couple of days late back then, there’s a picture of me on the balcony of our hotel looking upset with us signing York on the back page of the scum.

I was noticeably underwhelmed.

I was wrong....again
Yeah him and Coley just built up such a great understanding on the pitch emphasised by the goal in the Nou Camp

RedDevilzFox

I don't really get what the problem is with Raiola.

At the end of the day he will try to choose the club that suits the player better. That's about it.

Sums it up really.
No it doesn't. Its a very naive viewpoint.

Most agent can get their players good deals, specially ones as top level as Pogba and Haaland, you think other players agents have them starving? Its just Raiola who is one of a kind who needs to insult every club and talk down to them so he can pretend what a tough agent he is. Players stick with him because he gets them a good deal, but so can others. You think Jorge Mendes would struggle to get Paul Pogba a mega contract? Get real!!

Its in Raiola's nature to look like he is in control and calling all the shots. So he acts tough and talks shit. But there is an old saying we should not forget 'honey gets more bees than vinegar'.

Spaghetti

Mom's
All those salty comments today sound a lot like when we lost CR7 to Madrid. And how we were a club in CL final and they were floundering. Look what CR7 achieved at Madrid. Come to think, I only learned yesterday CR7 scored only 15 goals for us in CL (for some weird reason I always thought he did more). Basically his prime was spent making Madrid great again.

Haaland will be sensational for either Barca or Real Madrid. We have a virtually no realistic chance of landing him. Though it does annoy me to see big clubs entertaining that tw@t Raiola.
Some people not being totally convinced by him doesn’t mean it’s “salty”.

Lots of people have said all along that they are not that keen on him. I don’t really get the big wankathon over him.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
He's like this with the bigger brands, and there are clubs that do circumvent dealing with him for good reason.

Joe Cool

Supports
Chelsea
The soon to be (if it isn't already) Haaland transfer saga should not have happened to begin with - he should have been a City/Chelsea/United/etc. player by now.

Haaland was not your average, half a season wonder, Piatek kind of player, the guy looked the real deal in Salzburg, I mean if you are a professional scouter and you track this guy's background, performances, behaviour, interviews and God knows what other things scouters look for in a player, it's impossible you don't recommend him to your club as a must sign player.

For those who follow tennis, the perfect equivalent to Halland is Jannik Sinner, the 19 yo Italian. That guy is not a prospect, that guy is a true diamond, a pure talent, you don't need years of experience to understand he is the jewel on the crown. Tsitsipas, Rublev, Medvedev, Auger Aliassime, Shapovalov, they are the new wave, but none comes close to Sinner in terms of raw talent.

Same goes for Haaland, he was ready to lead the line for any big club in the world ever since last season and they let him go to Dortmund so that can now start a bidding war for a fortune when they could have had him for peanuts.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
No it doesn't. Its a very naive viewpoint.

Most agent can get their players good deals, specially ones as top level as Pogba and Haaland, you think other players agents have them starving? Its just Raiola who is one of a kind who needs to insult every club and talk down to them so he can pretend what a tough agent he is. Players stick with him because he gets them a good deal, but so can others. You think Jorge Mendes would struggle to get Paul Pogba a mega contract? Get real!!

Its in Raiola's nature to look like he is in control and calling all the shots. So he acts tough and talks shit. But there is an old saying we should not forget 'honey gets more bees than vinegar'.
The point I was trying to make is, if it's just the relative power of the player and clubs which determine how difficult is for a chairman to negotiate a deal, nobody should care who the agent is, and his potential bad manners should not annoy anyone.

Or alternatively one could think these bad manners and very dirty tricks are forcing the club to do something they don't want to do, putting the chairman in a very uncomfortable position. In that case, the agent is doing his job very well.

If honey gets more bees than vinegar or the agent is pushing too hard and going against his client's best interests, well, that's the player's problem and nobody else.

Coops73

Yeah him and Coley just built up such a great understanding on the pitch emphasised by the goal in the Nou Camp
Transfers are always intriguing, I’m not knowledgeable or a “muppet” per se but how can any of us on here ever really be sure of a sure thing?

roseguy64

:lol:

Still not nearly enough people absolutely reaming Woodfart out regarding this situation.

This is the whole 'getting Bruno late' thing times about ten.

For 62m between Bruno and Haaland, we could have had about six to seven years' of guaranteed leverage in the market regarding players wanting to come play here. That pays for itself in about half a transfer window.

Managing a football club (or any organization for that matter) under someone like Woodlimp is like trying to walk uphill in rollerskates with a boulder on your back while also pulling behind you a moron in an innertube who won't stop bragging about how much they paid for the skates and the boulder.
?????

roseguy64

The soon to be (if it isn't already) Haaland transfer saga should not have happened to begin with - he should have been a City/Chelsea/United/etc. player by now.

Haaland was not your average, half a season wonder, Piatek kind of player, the guy looked the real deal in Salzburg, I mean if you are a professional scouter and you track this guy's background, performances, behaviour, interviews and God knows what other things scouters look for in a player, it's impossible you don't recommend him to your club as a must sign player.

For those who follow tennis, the perfect equivalent to Halland is Jannik Sinner, the 19 yo Italian. That guy is not a prospect, that guy is a true diamond, a pure talent, you don't need years of experience to understand he is the jewel on the crown. Tsitsipas, Rublev, Medvedev, Auger Aliassime, Shapovalov, they are the new wave, but none comes close to Sinner in terms of raw talent.

Same goes for Haaland, he was ready to lead the line for any big club in the world ever since last season and they let him go to Dortmund so that can now start a bidding war for a fortune when they could have had him for peanuts.
You're absolutely right. No big club attempted to purchase him from RB.

Crustanoid

Unfortunately our owners are the biggest bunch of grasping greedy cvnts in the history of football so we won’t sign him. You may as well close thread.

Barnslig

So you would be happy for our players agents to do this?
I mean we have players signed to Raiola? And he's done this multiple times already? Talking to Pep about Pogba a couple years ago springs to mind.

There's two sides to this though, isnt it? Is he good for the club his players play at? No. Is he good for his clients? Yes. I have no problems understanding why players chose Raiola as a client, he does an excellent job for them. However, for the club that has to deal with Raiola's thundercnut tactics there's a point where it no longer becomes worth it. And in my opinion, as for Manchester United, Raiola has shown time and time again he has no problems throwing us under the bus for his personal gain, our players, our club, our management and our pride.

As a club, I would like if we made it a policy not to deal with this cretin.

RedDevilzFox

The point I was trying to make is, if it's just the relative power of the player and clubs which determine how difficult is for a chairman to negotiate a deal, nobody should care who the agent is, and his potential bad manners should not annoy anyone.

Or alternatively one could think these bad manners and very dirty tricks are forcing the club to do something they don't want to do, putting the chairman in a very uncomfortable position. In that case, the agent is doing his job very well.

If honey gets more bees than vinegar or the agent is pushing too hard and going against his client's best interests, well, that's the player's problem and nobody else.
Bad manners annoy everyone when you have to deal with the person! We aren't robots. Flip side of your (somewhat weak) argument is that the club would be willing to give players even better deal if the agent wasn't such a pri.ck. People do all sorts of things out of spite. Just look at Jose and Ole. Only reason clubs tolerate Jose is because he won trophies, as soon as clubs realize that's not happening he is shown the door. On the other hand Ole is likely to get a contract extension, while winning nothing and generally playing mediocre football all year that sometimes looks less organized than a bottom of the table team. Why do you think that is?

Hell its better to have an average team mate who is pleasant to be around than a brilliant one who is a total tw@t. Not a direct analogy but you get the point.

Last edited:

RedDevilzFox

Some people not being totally convinced by him doesn’t mean it’s “salty”.

Lots of people have said all along that they are not that keen on him. I don’t really get the big wankathon over him.
Haha ... only on a forum like this you have people not convinced by Haaland. Why should we be, he is only dominating the league and CL, right? Besides, who needs Haaland when you have Rashford.

I bet if he came to United he will suddenly be the best striker in the league by the very people not 'totally convinced'. And yes, lets stay classy and not get salty, it was always a long shot he will pick United under current circumstances when he has his pick of the clubs.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Which of his major players currently play for elite clubs? Italian clubs absolutely, but which top English or Spanish club currently deals with him? To me this Haaland tour is nothing more than a weird PR stunt. Somehow the reporters knew they were coming in at the right time. Its nothing short of incredible as it comes the same day Dortmund CEO expressly states they wont sell him this summer. This is going to be ugly.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Haha ... only on a forum like this you have people not convinced by Haaland. Why should we be, he is only dominating the league and CL, right? Besides, who needs Haaland when you have Rashford.

I bet if he came to United he will suddenly be the best striker in the league by the very people not 'totally convinced'. And yes, lets stay classy and not get salty, it was always a long shot he will pick United under current circumstances when he has his pick of the clubs.
If we got him I will support him and call him the best ever. If he goes elsewhere I'll hate him and call him overrated. Thats how it works.

copen1945

This tour is sickening. It and many others that will surely follow damage the passion and the purity of the game. However, United must participate in the process to get the player.

Pickle85

'Interrailing bell-cheese' has to be one of the best insults I've seen on here in a very long time.

Spaghetti

Mom's

With the quoted price of €150m I think the ones who are convinced are more absurd.

Going outside of Forums, I was in a group of 4 people in real life having the discussion (one Swedish, 2 Spanish and myself) and none of us were totally convinced that he would be a good fit for City, or that he is worth anywhere close to 150m. There is a world outside of Internet forum.

In addition: this is Red Cafe, where the complete opposite happens to what you are saying. Here, we bash all of the United players and wank silly over opposition players

dinostar77

Haaland dad and riola due in london today apparently according to spainish papers. Talks with City, Utd, Chelsea and Liverpool.

Status
Not open for further replies.