Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsCallout

Funny how quickly the situation changes, plenty in here claiming he's almost certainly going City. Then Pep comes and says they won't get a ST.

We have as good a chance as any. Pogba will be feeding Haaland balls all season, Raiola will be a proud dad.

bsCallout

Standard negotiating tactics. Every club expects that they can pay the big bucks. If they sound not desperate clubs might lower their expectations when they come calling.
Perhaps not the game to play when you're competing with clubs willing to pay big.

roseguy64

Nah, Dortmund knew what they were signing up to when they got Haaland. They were always a stepping stone club, a feeder club - and signed him knowing he wouldn't be there for more than a couple of years.

It would be foolish of them to dig their heels in this summer when he could leave for a cut price fee next year - and they know they'll have to let him go if a decent fee is offered, or they'll get stung again like they did with Sancho. A bird in the hand and all that...
He's worth much more to them being there than selling if someone doesn't double the release clause. They'll have no chance of qualifying for the Champions League if he leaves considering the pandemic and the fact they need to balance the books so they'll not be able to replace him properly. If someone doesn't pay the 150m he's not going.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
He's worth much more to them being there than selling if someone doesn't double the release clause. They'll have no chance of qualifying for the Champions League if he leaves considering the pandemic and the fact they need to balance the books so they'll not be able to replace him properly. If someone doesn't pay the 150m he's not going.
Next season he will have a release clause of 75 million euros. If they sell for something less than 150 it still would be better for them.

roseguy64

Next season he will have a release clause of 75 million euros. If they sell for something less than 150 it still would be better for them.
No. You're not factoring in how much money Champions League qualification is. That's why the price is 150 this summer. Less than that and it's not worth it for Dortmund.

manutddjw

He’s not leaving this season. Tiny dick Dortmund aren’t going to sell him just to flex in the media that they can keep players just like Sancho last window. Bodes well for us so I can’t complain.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They play in the Bundesliga. To say they'd have no chance of qualifying for the CL without him is way off the mark.

Gurtej

Who so ever gets him or mbappe will win trophies.... it’s that simple (unless of course someone repeats the era of Glacticos)....

If it’s upto me, I will sell Martial, James, The other deadwood to get $50-70m this year and spend $150m on this guy.... Sort all the other positions year after that ....

let Cavani go to save on wages... It’s a no brainer.... this guy is a beast and get him on 6 years contract..... if after 4 years he wants to go.... let him go for big money...

there is no future without present ... we can’t keep building for future because football is a business as much as we don’t like it’s true...the more this club is off silverware the more difficult it will be to compete ...

Gurtej

He’s not leaving this season. Tiny dick Dortmund aren’t going to sell him just to flex in the media that they can keep players just like Sancho last window. Bodes well for us so I can’t complain.
If we can't get his this season (overpay, I don't care as this is the only way we will get him), we will never get him.....There are far better projects than ours...And where he will also have certainty of winning ....

As much as I like what Ole has done specially in terms of stability ... I still have my doubts if we will ever win PL or UCL under him....In addition, our selling appeal is not what it use to be (it was never great in the first place) and our finances not as strong....I really don't see a path to us winning things again anytime soon.....

I always thought why we never looked at Brendon Rodgers, for me he is someone I would like us to get...Even if he hasn't won anything, I like how his teams play and how he gets the best out of every player...

Hopefully we won't give Ole a big contract, try next year and see if the team improves further and win something...if no, time for a goodbye

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
And amazing how many clubs want his clients. For me, people haven't moved on with the times. For better or worse, football has changed. The power is no longer with the greedy football owners, the players are taking more control of their own careers.
How many? His list of clients isn't so impressive at all comparing to someone like Mendes with 1 CL title among all of them together looking at his current and former players (Maxwell) while Verratti and Pogba career path and choices turned out more then questionable. None of Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern, City, Liverpool have his player on their book.

We will see how Haaland career turns out, but so far I don't see, from a purely football and not money perspective, what is so brilliant about him.

This European tour is for the press and it is a bit pathetic all together. Imagine us agreeing on that release clause and him doing this shit while the season is not even finished yet.

Last edited:

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid
How many? His list of clients isn't so impressive at all comparing to someone like Mendes with 1 CL title among all of them together looking at his current and former players (Maxwell) while Verratti and Pogba career path and choices turned out more then questionable. None of Barcelona, Madrid, Bayern, City, Liverpool have his player on their book.

We will see how Haaland career turns out, but so far I don't see, from a purely football and not money perspective, what is so brilliant about him.

This European tour is for the press and it is a bit pathetic all together. Imagine us agreeing on that release clause and him doing this shit while the season is not even finished yet.
What is a purely football perspective? Professional football is an industry and there is money involved in it. You cannot separate one from the other.

Jericholyte2

To be fair to Pep, City are on course for a possible quadruple as much as that pains me, and have done it mostly without a set striker.

Could easily see them with KdB or Foden acting as a false nine with the other behind them with the two fluidly switching positions.

Jim Beam

What is a purely football perspective? Professional football is an industry and there is money involved in it. You cannot separate one from the other.
I surely can. Football career of his clients in terms of success and trophies is nothing to write about looking at the talent they had/have. Nedved is the only one who had a truly great football career for me, both individually and as a part of collective.

They did earn a lot of money.

There, I separated it.

Cloud7

To be fair to Pep, City are on course for a possible quadruple as much as that pains me, and have done it mostly without a set striker.

Could easily see them with KdB or Foden acting as a false nine with the other behind them with the two fluidly switching positions.
To also be fair to him, Pep works best with players that don’t carry around large egos. Remember Ibra’s comments about Messi, Xavi etc being like schoolboys around Pep.

This isn’t based on much, but I get the feeling that, in terms of personality, Haaland is much more Ibra than Iniesta, and so Pep might not want to be part of that.

Barnslig

So are you happy he does this with our players? I’m certainly not and I wouldn’t be as a Dortmund fan either.

I agree with your second point, that from his and his clients POV it’s probably great, which is why he is hired.
No, I am absolutely not happy about it. I was just bringing up the point that this behaviour is already ongoing at our own club.

I just wish players had a little shred of pride and loyalty and told pricks like Raiola top stop bashing the club they play for, but that's just wishful thinking at this point

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Standard negotiating tactics. Every club expects that they can pay the big bucks. If they sound not desperate clubs might lower their expectations when they come calling.
If they’re trying that tactic with Haaland it won’t work with 6 other clubs ready to gazzump them.

Floyd

Doesn't like his Tagline played with
Would rather have Sancho and Rice if that was the alternative
Oh yeah, our front six would be pure sex. *

Rice, Pogba, Fernandes, Sancho, Martial/Greenwood, Rashford.

* If Martial/Greenwood could get their act together as no 9.

dinostar77

Has there been any reaction in germany and Dortmund in particular about haaland and his camps antics? Its very disrespectful to dortmund to he doing what they are. Jetting around midseason talking to other clubs. If i was a dortmund fan id be livid. Is this a player with baggage and antics we want at utd? How long before hes off whoring himself to madrid and Barcelona if he came here?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Has there been any reaction in germany and Dortmund in particular about haaland and his camps antics? Its very disrespectful to dortmund to he doing what they are. Jetting around midseason talking to other clubs. If i was a dortmund fan id be livid. Is this a player with baggage and antics we want at utd? How long before hes off whoring himself to madrid and Barcelona if he came here?
You love to see it :smirk:

red thru&thru

What clubs has Ibra played for? Pogba has played for 2 top European teams and was wanted by Real & Barca. Barca pushing very hard for Veratti, pissed off PSG, who then decided to pay Neymar's buyout clause. Mikhi came to us too. Gravenbach will be the next top talent. De Ligt was wanted by the top clubs.

Canuckred64

Haaland is not going to be a long term solution at his next club. Unfortunately with his agent he will be pushing for another move in 2 or 3 years. If he really does want the massive wages we are hearing about, plus the agent fees for that fat f**k , this is going to be extremely expensive for two years of glory.

432JuanMata

If people believe he is coming here, we our 16/1 to be his next club after Dortmund. City 2/1, Barca 7/2, Real 5/1 and Chelsea 10/1

432JuanMata

Haaland is not going to be a long term solution at his next club. Unfortunately with his agent he will be pushing for another move in 2 or 3 years. If he really does want the massive wages we are hearing about, plus the agent fees for that fat f**k , this is going to be extremely expensive for two years of glory.
Riola is a prick but this is untrue, he has so many players that he continues to pull in millions a year, yes he has been a dick proved Pogba but Haaland said he wanted to go to Dortmund and Riola would of got more if he went elsewhere. At the end of the day he’s a agent of Haaland is happy somewhere I doubt Riola will force him to move

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
He’s literally been selling Pogba for years, during the season, before important matches and every summer. It doesn’t matter to him, If his clients want to leave he doesn’t respect the selling club whatsoever. This is no different but people are talking like this is a new low or something when it’s been happening to us for years :boring:

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
We should not need to sell our second best player to replace Lukaku.
Well that al depends on price tag and context.
Haaland is likely going to cost significantly more than Lukaku, he’s likely to be the most expensive none PSG signing in history and demand much higher wages than Lukaku.
Add into that it’s not like we haven’t spent over the last few years we have. Are also loosing money by the bucket load in the pandemic. So we all have to alter our expectations!

Giggsy13

Pep is absolutely taking the piss saying city don’t have the money for a striker. Absolute comedy from the bald prick and a sad attempt in trying to play the media game when every club in Europe knows that city will drop £200 million this summer to fill the holes in their squad.

Jim Beam

What clubs has Ibra played for? Pogba has played for 2 top European teams and was wanted by Real & Barca. Barca pushing very hard for Veratti, pissed off PSG, who then decided to pay Neymar's buyout clause. Mikhi came to us too. Gravenbach will be the next top talent. De Ligt was wanted by the top clubs.
That is not overly impressive for an agent who has reputation amongst some people here to be the best possible one for a player. Nor is his list of top clubs where his current clients play for. And as I said the talent of his clients in almost all cases don't match their achievements in the future.

For me, he is just overrated as feck as an agent and I think there is a far more classier way to go about things. You can fight for your clients without being a massive cnut.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Do you know what? Reading Pep's comments today I dont think Haaland is who they get. I think Pep talking about affordability is based on BVB's demands for this summer. City's fans will over analyse his comments, but maybe the club really dont want to pay BVB's fees for this summer, regardless of wealth. Maybe clubs will wait until next summer. I reckon they'll get an Ings type. Or really get no one.

Levy is going to ask similar money for Kane so id rule him out right now. Ings heavily linked. Hmmmm.

Ings to City. Aguero to Chelsea. I think that could genuinely happen

dinostar77

He’s literally been selling Pogba for years, during the season, before important matches and every summer. It doesn’t matter to him, If his clients want to leave he doesn’t respect the selling club whatsoever. This is no different but people are talking like this is a new low or something when it’s been happening to us for years :boring:
Difference is pogba hasnt been seen going to talk to the clubs where haaland has (while under contract to dortmund).

Status
Not open for further replies.