Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Haaland to Chelsea for about 40m plus Werner. I can see that possibly happening. Werner hasnt worked out in PL but he was dynamite in Bundesliga.

That way Dortmund get a replacement plus money too. Other than something like that there's no way he can come to England. Nobody is going to spend the money it would take.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
Pep is absolutely taking the piss saying city don’t have the money for a striker. Absolute comedy from the bald prick and a sad attempt in trying to play the media game when every club in Europe knows that city will drop £200 million this summer to fill the holes in their squad.
You couldnt be further from the truth. I guarantee you we wont be outbidding the spanish clubs and we dont do "record transfers" we leave that to other clubs. Also its raiola, Pep hates him. All points to City not getting him, certainly not for £200m or whatever wtf

Giggsy13

You couldnt be further from the truth. I guarantee you we wont be outbidding the spanish clubs and we dont do "record transfers" we leave that to other clubs. Also its raiola, Pep hates him. All points to City not getting him, certainly not for £200m or whatever wtf
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No one believes you!

cyberman

Pep never lies about transfers. If he wants a player he admits he wanted him but the club decided otherwise etc.
IMO he is coming here.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

No one believes you!
I do

I never felt Haaland to City would happen not at the money that's been spoken about. City have been in a position to make world record transfers for years now but never have. Whether we can understand the reasons or not they seem to have a price limit that they're unwilling to cross

Next summer when we're talking about Haalands release clause though all bets will be off as they'll be very few clubs who couldn't afford that

Heinzesight

Yeah, City are so fecking frugal...just one long shoestring.

red thru&thru

That is not overly impressive for an agent who has reputation amongst some people here to be the best possible one for a player. Nor is his list of top clubs where his current clients play for. And as I said the talent of his clients in almost all cases don't match their achievements in the future.

For me, he is just overrated as feck as an agent and I think there is a far more classier way to go about things. You can fight for your clients without being a massive cnut.
I don't disagree, there are a lot better ways of conducting your business. But also, Barnett & Mendes are very tight with Mino. He is obviously respected amongst his peers.

Matriac

Haaland to Chelsea for about 40m plus Werner. I can see that possibly happening. Werner hasnt worked out in PL but he was dynamite in Bundesliga.

That way Dortmund get a replacement plus money too. Other than something like that there's no way he can come to England. Nobody is going to spend the money it would take.
Why would Werner go to Dortmund at this point? :lol:

Blueman

Supports
Man City
Yeah, City are so fecking frugal...just one long shoestring.
City dont break transfer records and you know it. We spend lots on lots of player. IE Berrnardo & Mahrez for the price of Pogba, Ederson & Bravo for the price of the lfc keeper whatever his name is. We dont break records, we are not going bid above £100m for this guy , he's got to want to join, thats the key tbh

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
16-1 at skybet to join us in the summer. For comparison that's the same as they have Sancho joining Spurs, Ronaldo coming back or Mbappe signing for us. Less likely than Kane joining us at 10-1.

Not happening.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
City aren’t going to break their structure for a Raiola client.

Member 90887

And some time ago you had dortmund fans here telling us that they aren't a 'selling' club.

What a joke.

There's hardly something more disrespectful than what Raiola and Haaland are doing to them now.

Re Haaland, even if we had the chance to get him, I'd stay well clear of him. He might be a generational talent, but the toxicity that'll come with him wouldn't be acceptable. We don't need that.

432JuanMata

That is not overly impressive for an agent who has reputation amongst some people here to be the best possible one for a player. Nor is his list of top clubs where his current clients play for. And as I said the talent of his clients in almost all cases don't match their achievements in the future.

For me, he is just overrated as feck as an agent and I think there is a far more classier way to go about things. You can fight for your clients without being a massive cnut.
The part where you say his clients achievements don’t match the future, yet I say you were calling him every name under the sun when he tried to get Pogba out of here to Madrid ? He is a wank*r no doubt but he has some of the best players in the world, yeah he is no Mendez but who is ?

Andersons Dietician

I imagine this is standard practice for many agents and players. Just so happens he is high profile so a meal is being made out of it. Riaola wouldn’t be doing his job if he wasn’t seeing what clubs are interested and what kind of offers are out there.

Everyone knew Dortmund was a stepping stone and he’d most likely leave summer 2022 but maybe, just maybe Dortmund are willing to deal for him this summer if they don’t make champions league qualification. Hence why they might be having more serious talks about his future after the summer instead of what is available next summer, where Dortmund would only get 60 and what ever cut Riaola takes off that. Probably better for Dortmund to sell this year if there is a buyer over 60 mil.

432JuanMata

And some time ago you had dortmund fans here telling us that they aren't a 'selling' club.

What a joke.

There's hardly something more disrespectful than what Raiola and Haaland are doing to them now.

Re Haaland, even if we had the chance to get him, I'd stay well clear of him. He might be a generational talent, but the toxicity that'll come with him wouldn't be acceptable. We don't need that.
What are they doing ? Dortmund knew what this signing was like most of the young players they sign. He even has a release clause next year and they were happy with that. They are a stepping stone club who develop young players to their max. If we’re decided to become a team that no longer did that then top young players wouldn’t go there.

Haaland made the right choice going there same as Sancho as they will happily let them move on if they hit new heights while making a profit. Fantastic club but they are a stepping stone

Giggsy13

I do

I never felt Haaland to City would happen not at the money that's been spoken about. City have been in a position to make world record transfers for years now but never have. Whether we can understand the reasons or not they seem to have a price limit that they're unwilling to cross

Next summer when we're talking about Haalands release clause though all bets will be off as they'll be very few clubs who couldn't afford that
It may not be Haaland but for pep to suggest that city don’t have money for a striker, I mean come on now.

Andersons Dietician

It may not be Haaland but for pep to suggest that city don’t have money for a striker, I mean come on now.
Didn’t they try hard to get Martinez and in the end decided they couldn’t afford 70 mil for him.

Who knows what their real financial situation is within the rules of fair play. They may not have the ability to but 70-80 mil players at this current time and for a decent striker probably cost you that really. They may have to pull one out the hat.

Heinzesight

City dont break transfer records and you know it. We spend lots on lots of player. IE Berrnardo & Mahrez for the price of Pogba, Ederson & Bravo for the price of the lfc keeper whatever his name is. We dont break records, we are not going bid above £100m for this guy , he's got to want to join, thats the key tbh
Yeah instead you hoover up multiple players at £50/60m and move them on if they don’t work out short term. Love to see the wage slips of your top players...well the real ones, not the Roberto Mancini ones. You think Aguero and Silva stayed that long for the weather and their love for Curly Watts?

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
The part where you say his clients achievements don’t match the future, yet I say you were calling him every name under the sun when he tried to get Pogba out of here to Madrid ?
Not sure I understand you. And as far as I can remember Madrid was never close to getting Pogba in the past, so Fatso tactic and yelling amounted for one big nothing when it comes to that specific transfer.

But yeah, he does bother me when he is going at the club, Ole, Scholes, etc like he did in the past. Wouldn't mind if he does that in another club tbh.

redshaw

City owners have this idea outside of ffp of not getting involved in mega transfers and have stuck to around 60-70 million. I often wonder when will they change tack as the market did blow up before covid with less bargains around but Pep saying they can't afford it is them sticking to the policy. Of course Abu Dhabi can afford it and could spend like PSG.

If Haaland wants City then he can wait until the release clause. City probably won't bid much more to get him a year early, not enough to tempt Dortmund anyway so will be interesting to see who else comes in with an offer. I just see Haaland picking his club a year after, that's what the lowish clause was for unless there's more clauses related to CL quali.

Last edited:

432JuanMata

Not sure I understand you. And as far as I can remember Madrid was never close to getting Pogba in the past, so Fatso tactic and yelling amounted for one big nothing when it comes to that specific transfer.

But yeah, he does bother me when he is going at the club, Ole, Scholes, etc like he did in the past. Wouldn't mind if he does that in another club tbh.
I meant we weren’t achieving anything so he wanted to take Pogba to a higher level at Madrid.

Anyway yeah he is a dick as I said before but this stuff of agents telling players to leave clubs etc is overblown, no way Riola would tell say Pogba to go to Madrid if Pogba was happy and wanted to stay here.

sparx99

Riola is a prick but this is untrue, he has so many players that he continues to pull in millions a year, yes he has been a dick proved Pogba but Haaland said he wanted to go to Dortmund and Riola would of got more if he went elsewhere. At the end of the day he’s a agent of Haaland is happy somewhere I doubt Riola will force him to move
All depends if we start winning things. If we are premier league and champions league contenders which he could help make us be then we could obviously keep him. Most of Pogba’s want away behaviour has been tied to our failings on the pitch.

USREDEVIL

Isn't it accurate that had we bought Haaland while at RBL we'd be in Dortumund's cleats right now? i.e. Release clause about to kick in and Ratfaceiola marketing him around like a Christmas goose...

432JuanMata

City owners have this idea outside of ffp of not getting involved in mega transfers and have stuck to around 60-70 million. I often wonder when will they change tack as the market did blow up before covid with less bargains around but Pep saying they can't afford it is them sticking to the policy. Of course Abu Dhabi can afford it and could spend like PSG.

If Haaland wants City then he can wait until the release clause. City probably won't bid much more to get him a year early, not enough to tempt Dortmund anyway so will be interesting to see who else comes in with an offer. I just see Haaland picking his club a year after, that's what the lowish clause was for.
This is the nail on the head. For all the money City spend or will spend I don’t see them spending 100+m on one player they seem to buy 50/60m players for most positions. If they are to break it, it will be for Haaland as if they wait for release then Madrid,Barca,PSG,US,Chelsea will all have enough to pay the release and it’s added competition.

Red00012

16-1 at skybet to join us in the summer. For comparison that's the same as they have Sancho joining Spurs, Ronaldo coming back or Mbappe signing for us. Less likely than Kane joining us at 10-1.

Not happening.
Eddie Howe was 12/1 a few days ago to be the next Celtic manager ...

432JuanMata

All depends if we start winning things. If we are premier league and champions league contenders which he could help make us be then we could obviously keep him. Most of Pogba’s want away behaviour has been tied to our failings on the pitch.
Yeah but no matter what people on the caf say surely Pogba has to be saying stuff to his agent, as Riola is a dick but wouldn’t come out saying them things if Pogba hadn’t of mention or pushed it

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
He only said they didn't have the money for a Haaland type striker, not that they didn't have the money for one full stop

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Frankly, this whole tour is disrespectful. It only happens because they're Dortmund and no one takes them seriously.

Hester_manc

It has been a very long time since I last wanted a player that much to come to United. But at the same time, I really don`t want anything to do with Raiola. The club that gets Haaland will have the best striker in Europe, no one is better in my eyes. But to deal with Railo and this crazy personality is too much. I'm really divided in this situation.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
I meant we weren’t achieving anything so he wanted to take Pogba to a higher level at Madrid.
Ah, fair enough. By all accounts, they never bid close to enough.

Anyway yeah he is a dick as I said before but this stuff of agents telling players to leave clubs etc is overblown, no way Riola would tell say Pogba to go to Madrid if Pogba was happy and wanted to stay here.
I never implied that. Nedved was his client and he didn't left Juventus even when they were relegated.

My point is that there are better and classier ways to deal with the club if your client wants to go out/in general. And that it's not beneficiary for any player that top clubs are having even small doubts about striking a deal because your agent is a dick. Which am pretty certain that some of them have.

Hectordegraft

It has been a very long time since I last wanted a player that much to come to United. But at the same time, I really don`t want anything to do with Raiola. The club that gets Haaland will have the best striker in Europe, no one is better in my eyes. But to deal with Railo and this crazy personality is too much. I'm really divided in this situation.
If Lewandoski were the same age as Haaland, would Haaland still be the best striker in Europe in your eyes?

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Would taking on Haaland at reportedly 600,000 at week upset the wage balance at either Manchester club? Would Sterling & De Bruyne want new deals ? Would Rashford & Pogba be upset ?
It seems an insane amount of money to buy him & then to pay him.
Very few clubs can afford him but would need major titles to justify him.

theklr

Isn't it accurate that had we bought Haaland while at RBL we'd be in Dortumund's cleats right now? i.e. Release clause about to kick in and Ratfaceiola marketing him around like a Christmas goose...
Well by the briefs that was exactly why we didnt get him. Just half the truth as always, but United cant do that stuff .

IncyWincySpider

The highly smackable nature of his face and this latest round of prostituting behaviour by his dad and his pimp mark him out as a Chelsea man IMO. He'd suit them well.

Status
Not open for further replies.