Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

dinostar77

City dont break transfer records and you know it. We spend lots on lots of player. IE Berrnardo & Mahrez for the price of Pogba, Ederson & Bravo for the price of the lfc keeper whatever his name is. We dont break records, we are not going bid above £100m for this guy , he's got to want to join, thats the key tbh
I dont think anyone will buy Haaland this summer if dortmund refuse to budge on their €150mil fee. I can see City going for Dybala as their new no9. Obviously he's more of a no10, but i could see Guardiola doing that and as dybala only has a year left on his contract it wouldnt be the most expensive transfer. Then again, maybe City will decide to spend the money on Haaland this summer as no-one else can. Lets face it, City and Psg are the richest clubs in the world. If it wasnt for FFP their spending would be off the charts.

sparx99

Yeah but no matter what people on the caf say surely Pogba has to be saying stuff to his agent, as Riola is a dick but wouldn’t come out saying them things if Pogba hadn’t of mention or pushed it
Yeah, I just think there is a certain section of the fan base who can’t see past Utd as the greatest club ever TM. If I had been Pogba after coming back in recent years I’d have wanted to move. We all thought signing him was the start of a significant move to rejoin the elite and it just didn’t happen. We’ve been finishing outside top 4 and while part of that is on Pogba it’s also been years of under-investing and a unwillingness to move players on.

If we do convince Haaland to come it shouldn’t be seen as the icing on the cake but part of a continued commitment to sign the best players. We need the kind of year that sees Rice, Sancho and Haaland with 4-5 players leaving if we want to make the leap to title contenders and later stages of CL. In the same way that Liverpool got Van Dijk and Alisson. Or PSG signed Mbappe and Neymar. We are probably only one big summer away from getting right back in the mix. I just hope we don’t miss the opportunity again like we did when Mourinho finished 2nd and we didn’t kick on.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Sounded like the Ings story has legs.
yep that would fit the City model perfectly tbh, one of the better PL players playing for a lesser side who City pick up as a squad option see the likes of Bony, Delph and more recently Ake

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
City dont break transfer records and you know it. We spend lots on lots of player. IE Berrnardo & Mahrez for the price of Pogba, Ederson & Bravo for the price of the lfc keeper whatever his name is. We dont break records, we are not going bid above £100m for this guy , he's got to want to join, thats the key tbh
Try a little harder, you can surely come up with the name. It's not so difficult.

432JuanMata

Yeah, I just think there is a certain section of the fan base who can’t see past Utd as the greatest club ever TM. If I had been Pogba after coming back in recent years I’d have wanted to move. We all thought signing him was the start of a significant move to rejoin the elite and it just didn’t happen. We’ve been finishing outside top 4 and while part of that is on Pogba it’s also been years of under-investing and a unwillingness to move players on.

If we do convince Haaland to come it shouldn’t be seen as the icing on the cake but part of a continued commitment to sign the best players. We need the kind of year that sees Rice, Sancho and Haaland with 4-5 players leaving if we want to make the leap to title contenders and later stages of CL. In the same way that Liverpool got Van Dijk and Alisson. Or PSG signed Mbappe and Neymar. We are probably only one big summer away from getting right back in the mix. I just hope we don’t miss the opportunity again like we did when Mourinho finished 2nd and we didn’t kick on.
Exactly. My mate summed up Pogba well, he is the last piece of the puzzle. He won’t carry a decent side(though he tried when we were top) to being class he will make a already great team even better. This is why he is class for France as they have world class players everywhere.

I could understand him wanting to join Madrid 2-3 seasons ago when they were winning the CL for fun with Ronaldo, Modric and Kroos etc I feel he would of been class for them as they were already a world class team. I’m not sure how he get on these days. As I said he is a world class player in a world class team but won’t make us much better when we lack is quite a number of areas.

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Exactly. My mate summed up Pogba well, he is the last piece of the puzzle. He won’t carry a decent side(though he tried when we were top) to being class he will make a already great team even better. This is why he is class for France as they have world class players everywhere.

I could understand him wanting to join Madrid 2-3 seasons ago when they were winning the CL for fun with Ronaldo, Modric and Kroos etc I feel he would of been class for them as they were already a world class team. I’m not sure how he get on these days. As I said he is a world class player in a world class team but won’t make us much better when we lack is quite a number of areas.
:lol: he won't do this - apart from the time in recent history when he did.

His injury pretty much stopped our title challenge.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
The Sun saying the lads on tour won't be speaking to United whenever it is they land in the UK. Just City, Liverpool and Chelsea

Sir Tanley Daft

Supports
Local Team & BVB
Has there been any reaction in germany and Dortmund in particular about haaland and his camps antics? Its very disrespectful to dortmund to he doing what they are. Jetting around midseason talking to other clubs. If i was a dortmund fan id be livid. Is this a player with baggage and antics we want at utd? How long before hes off whoring himself to madrid and Barcelona if he came here?
Obviously, I can't speak for everyone but most of the fans I know aren't too bothered. Raiola's antics are well known from Mkhitaryan's time and for a club like Dortmund it's a necessary evil they have to deal with if they want to get those kind of players. As most United fans on here like to reiterate, Dortmund is indeed not in the elite tier of clubs in Europe and quite simply don't generate enough money outside of transfers to maintain the kind of squad it takes to consistently compete with the best teams. Thus, they accept the yearly drama that enfolds during the transfer window.
I'd say most fans expected Haaland to leave in 2022 when the release clause kicks in but secretly hoped that potentially he'd consider staying longer if the team were successful enough. Struggling to even qualify for the Champions League unfortunately isn't considered a success - not even at Dortmund. I think at the moment it all depends on qualification for next season's Champions League. If they qualify I'm reasonably optimistic he stays. His potential records in that competition wouldn't be in danger and he might even want to play under his former coach Rose as he knows what to expect. Also, he'd probably prefer to make use of the release clause next year to get an even bigger contract with his next club. It's going to be an entirely different story if Dortmund only qualify for the Europa League however.
I guess we'll know a lot more about what's going to happen during the summer in about 16 hours as Dortmund will play Frankfurt who sit in fourth, four points ahead of Dortmund. In case of a Frankfurt win, a potential Haaland move will have become a lot more likely.

izzydiggler

You look at the circus around even enquiring about signing him and it just enforces the desire to stay away from Raiola clients...just no.

UpWithRivers

How much is he going for now. I thought it was around 80 a few months ago and now we are talking 180 mill euros and highest paid in wages which is 300k plus. Its all paper talk but lets assume its at least 100 plus. Who has that kind of money? No one. Maybe PSG. And who is to say it wont end of like Dembele or Griezmann. I would love him at United dont get be wrong but a failed 100 mill plus transfer would fk us good and proper. Scares me. Not that it will happen....probably

Red Star One

If he's not available this summer Utd should go for Mbappe, with Martial going to PSG, get Haaland next year, those 2 and Rashford would be awesome
I’m sure PSG, a better team than us now, would trade a much better Mbappe for much inferior Martial and both players would be happy about that.

Deery

Dreary
If he's not available this summer Utd should go for Mbappe, with Martial going to PSG, get Haaland next year, those 2 and Rashford would be awesome
:lol: Just as simple as that then, get Mbappe and Haaland.

We’d be lucky to see Danny Ings and Patrick Bamford..

Swearing Budgie

If one of the money clubs wants a player, we have no chance of getting them.

Apart from Fred.

Fred.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
So this player is being prostituted about all of the big clubs then.
Any move will be about money.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
You look at the circus around even enquiring about signing him and it just enforces the desire to stay away from Raiola clients...just no.
So true, ridiculous how public this has become.

Problem is, we need him.

BarstoolProphet

Norwegian TV2 (holding the Norwegian PL rights and probably got their info from Solbakken or EBH's entourage) says they know for a fact that he tops Ole's transfer list. But then again they use Luckhurst's articles as a way to promote their info as reliable.

dinostar77

The Sun saying the lads on tour won't be speaking to United whenever it is they land in the UK. Just City, Liverpool and Chelsea
If thats the case then he aint coming to utd. Not a suprise since we cant get riola to sit down and discuss an extension for Pogba nevermind negotiations for haaland. Anyway gotta take The Sun with a pinch of salt. They are also saying he wants £600,000 a week. Utterly ridiculous. His demands + dortmunds price mean he aint going anywhere. No club would be that stupid.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Operation play every big club against each other begins for Raiola. I’d love it if somehow the big clubs all came to an agreement of a ceiling they wouldn’t go above to prevent this. Just because everyone hates Raiola.

Obviously pie in the sky and would never happen but it’d be sweet.

Flanders Devil

Simple. I can’t see why this won’t happen... I think these 2 are the hottest properties in world football right now. We’d be lucky to get one. No chance of both.

red thru&thru

If thats the case then he aint coming to utd. Not a suprise since we cant get riola to sit down and discuss an extension for Pogba nevermind negotiations for haaland. Anyway gotta take The Sun with a pinch of salt. They are also saying he wants £600,000 a week. Utterly ridiculous. His demands + dortmunds price mean he aint going anywhere. No club would be that stupid.
If they're not having a meeting with us, they already know what we have to offer. We're certainly in with a chance of signing him.

£600k is a made up figure.

Bondi77

Does anyone really think that Ole given the choice would want another player who has that fat prick as his agent at the club?
I really think Not!

Judas

Open to offers
If he actually wants 600,000 a week yeah no thanks. You have to draw the line somewhere with the ridiculous greed in this sport. I'm sure its not quite that much, but its safe to assume its an obscene number.

cyberman

Does anyone really think that Ole given the choice would want another player who has that fat prick as his agent at the club?
I really think Not!
I think having a close relationship with the player would override that though.

OmarUnited4ever

Damn, Raiola and his dad going on a tour openly is disrespectful to Dortmund, I know they are a selling club and all that, but come on..this is really concerning.

Blueman

Supports
Man City
It may not be Haaland but to suggest city don’t have money for a striker is Pep absolutely taking the piss, just like you and your fecking WUM comments.
City haven't ever spent as much as lfc or barca or utd in individual players, we buy two or three other quality players instead. So I think it's true we don't have the money blitz on one player.

Tbh though I can see us breaking our record for this guy.

If I was wummung I could do a much better job than this!

Litch

Clear why we didn't go for him, we would be exactly in the Dortmund situation either selling him and making a ton (straight into Glazers pockets) or him leaving off to Barca on the cheap next year.....

Judas

Open to offers
I think it's a bit naive if people think Dortmund aren't fully aware and are allowing it to a certain extent. It's Dortmund. They'll happily sell if a team offers daft money, it's how they operate. But I do think it'll take daft daft money to see him move this summer, and no one will pay up.

Status
Not open for further replies.