Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

SAFMUTD

If he's not available this summer Utd should go for Mbappe, with Martial going to PSG, get Haaland next year, those 2 and Rashford would be awesome
We should try to swap Neymar for Daniel James as well, that be awesome too.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I think it's a bit naive if people think Dortmund aren't fully aware and are allowing it to a certain extent. It's Dortmund. They'll happily sell if a team offers daft money, it's how they operate. But I do think it'll take daft daft money to see him move this summer, and no one will pay up.
Bingo. Haaland will move to the club of his choice next year. Don't see why a club would spend 70-80 million extra just for one year of his. Makes no sense.

macheda14

Bingo. Haaland will move to the club of his choice next year. Don't see why a club would spend 70-80 million extra just for one year of his. Makes no sense.
Because you don’t know if you’ll get him next year. City would probably try now because they think he’d be more likely to choose Real if he had the choice. Real then see City are interested this summer and realise they’ll have to pay more to ensure they sign him. Laporta inferred in his campaign to be reflected as Barca boss that he would go for Haaland. If both City and Real are in for him this summer then that would drag Barca in. Yes they have no money but they’ve somehow taken out a huge amount of credit and for some odd reason view that as disposable.

It’s not paying the extra just for one year, it’s paying extra to guarantee any years.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Because you don’t know if you’ll get him next year. City would probably try now because they think he’d be more likely to choose Real if he had the choice. Real then see City are interested this summer and realise they’ll have to pay more to ensure they sign him. Laporta inferred in his campaign to be reflected as Barca boss that he would go for Haaland. If both City and Real are in for him this summer then that would drag Barca in. Yes they have no money but they’ve somehow taken out a huge amount of credit and for some odd reason view that as disposable.

It’s not paying the extra just for one year, it’s paying extra to guarantee any years.
But this theory assumes that Haaland is willing to go to his 2nd /3rd choice club merely because he gets to move a year early. And had they moved next year he wouldn't have picked them. It's all very strange.

They will make CL footy IMO and he will go exactly where he wants to because any club that he prefers will be able to afford him then for 75 million. And it'll be a better financial deal for the club (spend less) and the player (more funds for the buying club to give him and his agent).

macheda14

But this theory assumes that Haaland is willing to go to his 2nd /3rd choice club merely because he gets to move a year early. And had they moved next year he wouldn't have picked them. It's all very strange.

They will make CL footy IMO and he will go exactly where he wants to because any club that he prefers will be able to afford him then for 75 million. And it'll be a better financial deal for the club (spend less) and the player (more funds for the buying club to give him and his agent).
But this theory assumes they will make CL footy.

He's young and has quite plainly said he wants to play in different leagues. He most likely favours Real (as everyone does), but I don't think he'd turn down a move to City in a league he wants to play for ridiculous wages under one of the greatest managers ever, who probably wont be there for too many more years - even if it was his second choice its a fantastic proposition. Then say perhaps Real is his second choice, he gets to play for the same club his idol played for and try and emulate his impact, again a great proposition. It's not like the second choice is a bad choice and moving a year early to ensure you're playing in the CL or ensure you can start amassing trophies one year sooner makes sense for a player who seems to want to win all he can and break all the records he can. He has the belief that he will be able to play wherever he wants in the future and in Mino, who has ostensibly become his agent, he has someone who can agitate moves for him.

dinostar77

If they're not having a meeting with us, they already know what we have to offer. We're certainly in with a chance of signing him.

£600k is a made up figure.
Really? When woodwards offices are in london? I think we are in for a CB this summer and thats where the bulk of the budget will go.

Eriku

But this theory assumes they will make CL footy.

He's young and has quite plainly said he wants to play in different leagues. He most likely favours Real (as everyone does), but I don't think he'd turn down a move to City in a league he wants to play for ridiculous wages under one of the greatest managers ever, who probably wont be there for too many more years - even if it was his second choice its a fantastic proposition. Then say perhaps Real is his second choice, he gets to play for the same club his idol played for and try and emulate his impact, again a great proposition. It's not like the second choice is a bad choice and moving a year early to ensure you're playing in the CL or ensure you can start amassing trophies one year sooner makes sense for a player who seems to want to win all he can and break all the records he can. He has the belief that he will be able to play wherever he wants in the future and in Mino, who has ostensibly become his agent, he has someone who can agitate moves for him.
I keep seeing this claim, but I’ve never seen any quotes to support it. Could you point me to any?

red thru&thru

Really? When woodwards offices are in london? I think we are in for a CB this summer and thats where the bulk of the budget will go.
I'm not too sure what you mean when you refer to saying Ed's office is in London?

I think most of our budget will be spent on an attacking player.

Matriac

Saturday April 3rd will be very interesting, as Dortmund plays the team ahead of them in the table (by 4 points). If they lose or draw they will only have 7 games left to make up a 4-7 point difference in order to get CL. And the team behind them is only 3 points behind as well.

If they lose out on CL he will likely push for a move. If they get CL he'll be more fine with staying another year with Rose and them, as he'll get better terms at the next club.
Frankfurt 0-1 up now at 23 mins. This game might decide his future.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

That's looking increasingly unlikely. They are currently losing 1-0 against the team ahead of them. Still plenty of time to go (only in the first half atm) but they are making it very difficult for themselves. If the result ends like that they'll be 7 points behind with only 7 games to go.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
No, it won't. Dortmund don't have to sell him, regardless of what happens.
Nobody has to do anything. It could be a huge influence though considering they already had a huge black hole in their finances thanks to COVID. No champions league will be another big black hole and it will be very tempting for them to cover both with a single sale.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Nobody has to do anything. It could be a huge influence though considering they already had a huge black hole in their finances thanks to COVID. No champions league will be another big black hole and it will be very tempting for them to cover both with a single sale.
Sancho is their way out of the financial black hole, and if they get a sucker to shell out 150m on Haaland, then I guess they will take it, but no one will pay that and Dortmund won't feel the need to sell once they get a juicy fee for Sancho.

Dan_F

If the fee is north of £120 million (I don’t see why it would be if they don’t make the CL) then they should absolutely snap that up. Why would they keep him for one extra season and lose half of that money with the release clause that comes in.

I think the bidding war is with the agent fees and wages, not the transfer fee. I would be willing to wager Mino already knows the fee Dortmund will take to get him out of there. Therefore, any extra cash he can draw from the buying club he will take in an agent fee.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
If the fee is north of £120 million (I don’t see why it would be if they don’t make the CL) then they should absolutely snap that up. Why would they keep him for one extra season and lose half of that money with the release clause that comes in.

I think the bidding war is with the agent fees and wages, not the transfer fee. I would be willing to wager Mino already knows the fee Dortmund will take to get him out of there. Therefore, any extra cash he can draw from the buying club he will take in an agent fee.
Is the release clause amount actually confirmed? I keep hearing it's more than what's reported in the media.

passing-wind

I disagree the clubs who would be able to offer the most attractive / winning propositions are City, Barcelona and Madrid. Signing Haaland before his clause kicks in will be a result of desperation the likes of United and Chelsea fall into this category. Clear as day this club doesn't have the money to fund any acquisition, the club failed all summer to make ends meet with Sancho for 120 million. Now Haaland is 30 million the more expensive player. It's not going to happen unless he absolutely intends to come here.

Judas

Open to offers
I disagree the clubs who would be able to offer the most attractive / winning propositions are City, Barcelona and Madrid. Signing Haaland before his clause kicks in will be a result of desperation the likes of United and Chelsea fall into this category. Clear as day this club doesn't have the money to fund any acquisition, the club failed all summer to make ends meet with Sancho for 120 million. Now Haaland is 30 million the more expensive player. It's not going to happen unless he absolutely intends to come here.
Were they wrong for not paying that sort of money though? If they wanted to, they easily could have in my opinion. I was whinging and moaning, but it was totally the right thing to do. Plus it was alway obvious he'd be cheaper this summer too.

passing-wind

Were they wrong for not paying that sort of money though? If they wanted to, they easily could have in my opinion. I was whinging and moaning, but it was totally the right thing to do. Plus it was alway obvious he'd be cheaper this summer too.
No I also agree. I feel to some extent that Dortmund would be disappointed in their summation given the pandemic and the fact United offered a few million short of their valuation. If they are as stubborn with Haaland as they were with Sancho it's going to be a headache in negotiations. Not to mention the fact that there are multiple suitors for Haaland.

If United had some sort of plan it should be looking at Sancho and strengthening other areas while the world stays following the situation with Haaland.

passing-wind

You disagree that these three are the most attractive / potential success providing propositions?
Perhaps I've not worded as clearly as intended but I honestly feel with Haaland's father's history and the fact that City have the best manager, Haaland would have as equal a measure to join City as well as Madrid. I personally don't see any dimension of advantage to joining Barca / Real over City in footballing terms at this present moment in time. They all offer equal propositions.

TheReligion

Abusive
Imagine what this place would look like now if we'd agreed to sign Haaland with this same contract he's on with Dortmund.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Perhaps I've not worded as clearly as intended but I honestly feel with Haaland's father's history and the fact that City have the best manager, Haaland would have as equal a measure to join City as well as Madrid. I personally don't see any dimension of advantage to joining Barca / Real over City in footballing terms at this present moment in time. They all offer equal propositions.
Only thing working against City is lack of CL-credentials. Otherwise, they blow away both Barcelona and Madrid in terms of which club is the best to join and find success.

Zoo

He has been rubbish today. Think he should be careful when choosing his next club.

red thru&thru

He has been rubbish today. Think he should be careful when choosing his next club.
Many of the Norwegian team watchers on this forum said the same about him for the national team. Signs could be that all this transfer circus is getting to him.

Idxomer

Watching him more the last few weeks, he isn't as good as I thought he was.

davidmichael

Frankfurt are now 7 points clear with 7 games to go so it looks like Dortmund will miss out on CL football next season, after a year of COVID and all the financial problems I think we could see a fire sale at Dortmund.

Castia

They're fecked if they don't get CL football which is starting to look a posibility.

60m next summer for Haaland? no chance that's happening, no wonder his agent is shopping him out all over Europe they'll be desperate to sell for 100m+ this summer.

red thru&thru

By looking at things, if Ole signs his new contract, Håland would be wise to come to United and work under a manager he knows well and works well with.

Hoof the ball

Watching him more the last few weeks, he isn't as good as I thought he was.
His absurd scoring rate obscures the other weaknesses in his game. So long as he's putting them in the back of the net, criticisms of his general play are no longer valid, or so it would seem.

This is also why the Mbappe comparisons were untrue. Mbappe is much more complete. Always has been.

red thru&thru

His absurd scoring rate obscures the other weaknesses in his game. So long as he's putting them in the back of the net, criticisms of his general play are no longer valid, or so it would seem.

This is also why the Mbappe comparisons were untrue. Mbappe is much more complete. Always has been.
Agree.

I always compare this to when we had Ruud. He had an unbelievable scoring record for us but only won one league title in his time here. Soon as he left, we became more fluid and began to win titles and trophies consistently again.

Similar to Spurs with Kane.

Idxomer

His game is just too unpolished at this stage, a lot of areas in his play need to develop which is tbf normal for his age.

Idxomer

Agree.

I always compare this to when we had Ruud. He had an unbelievable scoring record for us but only won one league title in his time here. Soon as he left, we became more fluid and began to win titles and trophies consistently again.

Similar to Spurs with Kane.
Kane is different though, he has a lot more to his game than just finishing.

Judas

Open to offers
Imagine what this place would look like now if we'd agreed to sign Haaland with this same contract he's on with Dortmund.
Exactly! This is why I don't get people whinging about him not already being a Utd player. He would have been....if we were idiots, and we would have been idiots to have agreed to those demands.

TheReligion

Abusive
Exactly! This is why I don't get people whinging about him not already being a Utd player. He would have been....if we were idiots, and we would have been idiots to have agreed to those demands.
Agreed. This is why he went to Dortmund. They were the only club daft enough to agree to the deal. Now look at them.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I don't see why. Dortmund weren't idiots for doing what they did, and United wouldn't have been either, at least to me. You get him for cheap, you know you'll sell him for a profit, and you get some incredible return of goals in the mean time. Maybe he ends up deciding to stay (at least at United, it could be a possibility compared to Dortmund) and you renew his contract without a release clause or a much higher one.

I just don't see where the problem would have been making the move Dortmund ended up making, outside of an ego-based decision to turn down the opportunity to sign up one of the best striker in the world because he might leave a few years later.

hungrywing

The absolute key aspect that constantly gets lost when entertaining that scenario is the fact that if Woody hadn't been running the club so poorly, Raiola wouldn't have been able to propose the release clause.

But seriously, the next year would be squeaky bum time for sure, but at least even money would be on Ole being able to convince him to re-up his deal and remove the release clause, particularly if Bruno/Haaland had hit it off immediately and then based on that we'd managed to attract a good RW in the summer and this year the three plus Rashford had been looking like a force for years to come.

Say for example right now we were nine or ten points better off because of Haaland and the RW. Not too hard to imagine a good man manager convincing Haaland to sign up for the long run.

Status
Not open for further replies.