Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lappen

Regardless of whether the numbers are true / false, I just don't understand what value Raiola brings to Haaland. He can probably negotiate the contract himself and still get paid 350k p/w and pocket the 20m agent bonus himself.

Like who is Mbappe's agent? Noone knows or cares because he's fecking Mbappe. He can go wherever the hell he wants and get paid top dollar for his services.

If anything, it's a net negative having Raiola because he's pissed off so many top managers.
The only reson I can think of is that its a lot easier to move on to a new club with someone like Riola conducting. He is a master in being an scumbag and making clubs stressed. Haaland is going to walk the path of Zlatan, this is no one you will see in one club the rest of his career. Money money money....

RoyH1

Both leagues have a couple strong teams and then a lot of teams that have no chance of winning the league. Go to the top teams in each league and you are guaranteed CL every year.
My point is not about which league is better. My point the level and philosphy of defending in those leagues, not the disparity in income and turnover that guarantees top clubs being always tio. Have you ever watched a Serie A game this season? Look at how teams defend deep. They don't allow spaces in the way we see in Germany or the PL for that matter. Haaland wouldn't score more goals down there. That is my point.

A-man

Big game for him tonight. He has “only” scored goals in 3 of his last 10 matches. Will be interesting to see what he can do against City with PL best defence.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Regardless of whether the numbers are true / false, I just don't understand what value Raiola brings to Haaland. He can probably negotiate the contract himself and still get paid 350k p/w and pocket the 20m agent bonus himself.

Like who is Mbappe's agent? Noone knows or cares because he's fecking Mbappe. He can go wherever the hell he wants and get paid top dollar for his services.

If anything, it's a net negative having Raiola because he's pissed off so many top managers.
This is why I said - choosing Raiola as your agent can highlight little things about a players mentality.

Balotelli, Zlatan, Lukaku, Lingard, Pogba etc -

He has been an agent of players that dont make much of an issue, but in general there is slight leaning towards money and a 'player is more valuable than the club' type of mentality.

The player has that "lawyer in his pocket" just incase he has to/wants to leave the club, get extra money, talk to the public and the media etc. He has it planned before it needs to happen so targets Raiola as his agent.

Infra-red

It's good that we have decided to "cool" our interest, because we stood absolutely no chance of signing him.

Unfortunately, Haaland moving for megabucks this summer makes the sale of Sancho much less likely.

DarkRed

Chelsea can offer Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi as a partial trade of, both would be happy to move to BVB and BVB would be happy with them, getting a Sancho replacement at the same time.

theklr

Chelsea can offer Tammy Abraham and Callum Hudson-Odoi as a partial trade of, both would be happy to move to BVB and BVB would be happy with them, getting a Sancho replacement at the same time.
With all due respect I dont think Haaland would be interested in Chelsea, unless its yet another stepping stone..

TheReligion

Abusive
It's good that we have decided to "cool" our interest, because we stood absolutely no chance of signing him.

Unfortunately, Haaland moving for megabucks this summer makes the sale of Sancho much less likely.
I think Sancho is a cert to leave if I'm honest.

dinostar77

With all due respect I dont think Haaland would be interested in Chelsea, unless its yet another stepping stone..
Thats quite dismissive of Chelsea. They can be just as appealing as any english club to a player. Myopic views about Utd again (we arent the top club in this country, and havent been for 8 years now).

TheReligion

Abusive
They surely wouldn't countenance a double sale, would they? I agree that if nobody meets the crazy asking price for Haaland, then selling Sancho becomes pretty likely.
I just don't believe Sancho is very happy at the club and it wouldn't surprise me if they've agreed to let him move on for staying this season. Just my opinion of course but at the moment they are short of money and don't look likely to even get CL football so losing a few players seems highly possible.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Get Sancho this summer, Haaland isn't going anywhere unless somebody pays over £100m which is frankly a lot right now.

Haaland will be available next year for a much fairer price which we can compete with, and hopefully be looking more attractive as a squad.

cyberman

I just don't believe Sancho is very happy at the club and it wouldn't surprise me if they've agreed to let him move on for staying this season. Just my opinion of course but at the moment they are short of money and don't look likely to even get CL football so losing a few players seems highly possible.
Yep. Sancho already spent the first half of the season sulking. If he is forced to stay again then theres no upside. Sanchos form is one of the reasons they wont get top 4.
It has to be Sancho first and then the argument of a double sale imo.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
I'm starting to warm to Raiola. This absolute circus, months before the season is over combined with his smug interviews basically already has me over not signing Halaand.

Genuinely want nothing to do with the guy after seeing all this, no matter his talent.

Also won't be shocked if Dortmund improve when he leaves, this stuff simply doesn't help in the locker room.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
I'm starting to warm to Raiola. This absolute circus, months before the season is over combined with his smug interviews basically already has me over not signing Halaand.

Genuinely want nothing to do with the guy after seeing all this, no matter his talent.

Also won't be shocked if Dortmund improve when he leaves, this stuff simply doesn't help in the locker room.
:confused: Massive contradiction to the rest of the post.

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
:confused: Massive contradiction to the rest of the post.
Sorry, think the point may have been missed. Basically, he's so odious it's making it easier envisinoing a future where I don't have to put up with him (the one where we sign Haaland).

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
A stepping stone to what?

Honestly, I would be shocked if Roman would pay the wages Haaland's camp is expecting. There are talks going on, but I doubt anything comes of it.

It's reported Haaland senior and Raiola spoke with all of the clubs listed above, including Chelsea, and while Erling Haaland is not allowed to speak to other clubs with no bid accepted, there's nothing Dortmund can do about his representatives doing so.

"Personally, it has no impact on me because I can't stop Raiola and Alie Haaland to travel, so it is up to them," said Dortmund boss Terzic. "They are grown-ups and they can do what they want to do.

It comes as Pep Guardiola insisted Manchester City likely 'cannot afford' to sign a top striker to replace the outgoing Sergio Aguero, while Manchester United are reportedly 'prioritising' other positions.

Chelsea may feel they are primed to make a move at this point, and it seems they are free to continue having conversations with Haaland's representatives in a bid to get ahead in the race.
Even with the rumors of Haaland speaking fondly of Chelsea saying that if there was one retired player he would like to play with it would be Frank Lampard, I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:

CG1010

Maybe he doesn't need him now but he must have benefited from this relationship when he was younger and unknown. Raiola being on his side would have helped land up a good club. So its a symbiotic relationship where first the agent helps a number of young prospects find their feet in the footballing world and then one of them develops into Haaland and it pays back handsomely to Raiola.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Yep. So much more likely than Haaland. His agent and people have done a brilliant job to convince people Haaland will be on the move this year, and I really doubt he will be, just doesn't seem likely with the world how it currently is.
The thing is that Sancho, despite obviously wanting to leave, didn't throw a tantrum and try to force through a move. Haaland/Raiola may just do that if Dortmund don't make the CL (which is now looking quite likely to happen). Of course they need to find a club who will be willing to pay a huge fee first, but if they do find one it might get ugly between the different parties.

Maybe he doesn't need him now but he must have benefited from this relationship when he was younger and unknown. Raiola being on his side would have helped land up a good club. So its a symbiotic relationship where first the agent helps a number of young prospects find their feet in the footballing world and then one of them develops into Haaland and it pays back handsomely to Raiola.
I believe Haaland was managed by his father until they left Salzburg. They only hired Raiola to help broker the deal when he left there, obviously going to Dortmund.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
As much as Haaland loves CL, it is hard to believe he will stay if Dortmund fail to make top 4. They are 7 points from 4th with 7 games left.

theklr

Thats quite dismissive of Chelsea. They can be just as appealing as any english club to a player. Myopic views about Utd again (we arent the top club in this country, and havent been for 8 years now).
I know I know, in recent history we've been below Chelsea in most aspects. I just think that with our resurgence now and that we are still a much much bigger club history and fanbase wise would hold a certain appeal for a player like Haaland.

Especially if we finish above them this season as we did last. I'm perfectly aware I'm biased though.

And with "stepping stone" I mean that he would want to play there 3-4 seasons until Real or Barca can pick him up. That could very well be the same if he goes to United mind.

Noodle

Supports
Chelsea
I know I know, in recent history we've been below Chelsea in most aspects. I just think that with our resurgence now and that we are still a much much bigger club history and fanbase wise would hold a certain appeal for a player like Haaland.

Especially if we finish above them this season as we did last. I'm perfectly aware I'm biased though.

And with "stepping stone" I mean that he would want to play there 3-4 seasons until Real or Barca can pick him up. That could very well be the same if he goes to United mind.
I wouldn't say last season makes much difference as it was on goal difference but certainly if you finish inside the CL league and we don't (which seems likely), only an idiot would say we have the same pulling power.

If all things on the pitch are even Utd are the bigger draw based on history, fanbase etc. It's not poles apart as players value different things such as money, location, squad links etc

I think we've been very successful over the last ten years and we're still riding that wave when it comes to attracting talent so we're not far behind

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
Personally I reckon he'll want to stay in England longer than Spain. The question is which one comes first? Of course he could also do England to Spain then back to England again.

Matriac

I believe Haaland was managed by his father until they left Salzburg. They only hired Raiola to help broker the deal when he left there, obviously going to Dortmund.
Articles (in Norwegian) from around the time of his move to Salzburg has Haaland senior quoted on having traveled to meet with Mino and get advice on everything before deciding on Salzburg.

cyberman

I dunno about the Spanish angle. How many players play in Spain that are considered among the best in the world in their position? People have been sleeping on the talent going to England and staying there as of late. I can see Mbappe and Haaland going to England and sending shockwaves through Spain when it shouldnt be a surprise.

Bilbo

TeaBaggins
This whole European tour by Raiola & Haaland snr looks like nothing more than a fishing trip to see if any club are likely to even get near to the money that they are hoping for from this next move. I'm not sure they will come away with the answers they are looking for.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
The bloke is so obsessed with the CL that he listens to the anthem first thing in the morning and also in his car throughout the day. He'd start questioning his existence if he had to waste a full season listening to the Europa anthem. Dortmund aren't going to win the league next season either so he'd have no incentives to stay.

I think it's fairly obvious why camp Haaland are on a European tour. They want out. This is their way of telling Dortmund to lower the asking price. They don't want a repeat of the Sancho situation where a ridiculous asking price repels all potential suitors.
What a weirdo

smi11ie

Not a philogynist
Supports
Rangers
Utd sign Haaland. What happen's next? Gets injured, probs a knee. Riola starts spouting about Haaland's happiness. Blah Blah Blah.

Utd can't deal with Riola anymore. It won't work. Utd need a NO -Riola policy

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
How the feck do you know both would be happy to move to Dortmund?

theklr

Utd sign Haaland. What happen's next? Gets injured, probs a knee. Riola starts spouting about Haaland's happiness. Blah Blah Blah.

Utd can't deal with Riola anymore. It won't work. Utd need a NO -Riola policy
We should at least insert a Raiola clause , if he speaks about our players without permission there will be a 5 M fine , split between the player and Raoila.

RedDevil@84

Don't think BVB will be happy, unless they see big money

SER19

We really should go all out for him. Look at the draws this season and imagine a top quality goalscorer. The rest of the team might even get away without much improvement. If not then trying to sign kane would be great. Both probably unlikely.

As i see it without any proof, i think it would either be Haaland plus a low budget CB

Or

Sancho plus a bigger budget for a CB

jeff gurr

Supports
Leicester City
Walk away quickly. Far far away. Let him have another season at dortmund then at least you know the transfer fee is fixed plus there could ve a overall drop in his performance, we don't know, the figures might come down to something realistic. Only a truly idiotic club would go anywhere near that
I'm sure someone here can explain to me what happens when two or more clubs offer the release clause amount. Is it the player who decides which club is accepted or does this trigger another bidding war.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Same thing as if Pogba leaves us?

lsd

The Oracle
He is the last player in the world we should be looking at. I don't care how good he is or where else he goes we cannot deal with Raiola again

AaronRedDevil

Since he’s at the United ground he should take a picture with the United badge just to feck with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.