Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
Regardless of whether the numbers are true / false, I just don't understand what value Raiola brings to Haaland. He can probably negotiate the contract himself and still get paid 350k p/w and pocket the 20m agent bonus himself.

Like who is Mbappe's agent? Noone knows or cares because he's fecking Mbappe. He can go wherever the hell he wants and get paid top dollar for his services.

If anything, it's a net negative having Raiola because he's pissed off so many top managers.
Agents will do more than just negotiate contacts with clubs. Some players will be completely mollycoddled by agents, so it's a convenience having them. There's also commercial deals etc.

Redcy

People who think players don’t need agents should see how clubs and managers try to screw players

Matriac

I'm sure someone here can explain to me what happens when two or more clubs offer the release clause amount. Is it the player who decides which club is accepted or does this trigger another bidding war.
Both. But the bidding war is for the sign-on fee and total package for the player to choose their next club.

(The selling club automatically accepts every bid that meets the clause. Although normally no on puts in a bid until they agree with the player first. They just contact selling club and say they will meet the sum if they can agree with the player, thus getting permission to negotiate with the player.)

Beachryan

More helpful with spreadsheets than Phurry
Same thing as if Pogba leaves us?
Yes, sadly. I personally think Pogba is actually a pretty solid pro, liked by his teammates, but Raoila acts on his behalf and he condones it.

JoeyJoJoJrShabadoo

Very interesting to see him here vs City. He isn't a top presser but he does try to interrupt passing lines. Dortmund are a poor team in poor form but he will likely get one good opportunity. Him vs Dias is a great test.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Cnuts signed Kaka and Benzema in the same summer as Ronaldo when I thought we would buy them both with the money we got for him.. they're going to upset me again
and they dominated for a generation. We are supposedly valued at 3.5 billion. It’s time our owners started acting like it. If we let Real hoover up that bunch it’ll just be history repeating. No value in the market lads.

cyberman

Id expect a more all round monster for that money. He may score chances but he really needs to strike fear in sides when he has the ball. It just seems like football is missing goal scoring number 9s at the minute and are blinded by someone who excels at it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He would not fit in at City at all
Yeah, I agree. He'd fit us a lot better, with our counter attacking style and lack of a goal hungry monster, but he's definitely not an all around player.

KingKoki

Supports
Chelsea
I love how people are ignoring his excellent holdup play and the great assist vs City. I think he had a good game considering Dortmunds tactics.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I love how people are ignoring his excellent holdup play and the great assist vs City. I think he had a good game considering Dortmunds tactics.
Ignoring it? Plenty of people reference it in the match day thread

That and one run when he bullied Dias is all he did in a disappointing performance from him though

prateik

Definitely a talent.. but I really hope we dont deal with Riola ever again.. Unless its a ridiculous talent.. and I mean someone worth bending over backwards for.. Not sure he is that..

Walters_19_MuFc

Not sure that's a bad thing these days TBF...
Lukaku is a fantastic goalscorer. That's never changed. His overall play could be better though, just like Haaland's.

Haaland has time to improve, but I can never see him turning into a silky player in the mold of Ibra, Kane, Lewa, for example.

Welbeckham

Definitely a talent.. but I really hope we dont deal with Riola ever again.. Unless its a ridiculous talent.. and I mean someone worth bending over backwards for.. Not sure he is that..
I’m pretty sure he is. If he isn’t, no one is.

ForeverRed1

He looked genuinely buzzed to be there, called their stadium beautiful, looked like a kid in a candy shop. If city want him, he goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.