Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Judas

Open to offers
Can't believe we've reached a point in time already when top young talent are excited by Manchester City :lol: the idea of buzzing to be in that ground is so hard to comprehend.

DickDastardly

It's absolutely vital for us to sign him.

We haven't had a clinical striker like that since RVP.

And we know what he did. Single handedly won us the title. It's what a clinical striker brings to the table.

Buy. This. Kid. Now.

The Irish Connection

Yeah, I agree. He'd fit us a lot better, with our counter attacking style and lack of a goal hungry monster, but he's definitely not an all around player.
Way better. Pep would hate him. He’s designed for the quick break. Doesn’t do much apart from great movement and finishing.

jem

Definitely a talent.. but I really hope we dont deal with Riola ever again.. Unless its a ridiculous talent.. and I mean someone worth bending over backwards for.. Not sure he is that..
Full disclosure: I haven't seen much of him (and today I only got to see the first half before I lost my feed), but I have to ask: is he really worth the crazy numbers being quoted? I honestly can't say one way or the other, but having recently seen a list of the most expensive transfers ever (and seeing how many have underwhelmed), it strikes me as a very risk path to go down, particularly for United, considering how many other areas we need to address.

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006

And we know what he did. Single handedly won us the title. It's what a clinical striker brings to the table.

Buy. This. Kid. Now.
We can't, there's windows for that shit. Calm down, get some sleep.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
I don't think being excited to be in a stadium is a sign he actually wants to play there.

I imagine a whole host of players would be excited to play at the allianz arena for example, doesn't mean they want to play for Bayern.

Nothing story.

Wixqaz

Supports
Celtic
Anyone else think that Haaland to City reminds them of Ibra to Barca? Great player but just not right for that team?

copen1945

Anyone else think that Haaland to City reminds them of Ibra to Barca? Great player but just not right for that team?
There will be a clear answer to the question by next Christmas. He will have played a half of a season under Guardiola by then.

jem

I hadn't thought of it until reading your post, but given the acrimony between Ibra ad Pep, I wonder if there might be bad feelings between Raiola and Pep (usually I wouldn't think anything of this, but Raiola, cnut though he is, does seem very protective of his players.)

Raven

Buy. This. Kid. Now.
He was shit tonight barring a decent through ball for the goal. He's a massive talent but I don't think he's as good as a prime RVP and I think his numbers flatter him massively, like most attackers in the Bundesliga.

Andersonson

Can't believe we've reached a point in time already when top young talent are excited by Manchester City :lol: the idea of buzzing to be in that ground is so hard to comprehend.
What wrong with buzzing when playing a CL-QF final at the age of 19?
And that against the world best manager and that club his father played for..

Weird post

passing-wind

He was shit tonight barring a decent through ball for the goal. He's a massive talent but I don't think he's as good as a prime RVP and I think his numbers flatter him massively, like most attackers in the Bundesliga.
I think Haaland is a talent but agree to some extent. He's going to have huge expectation due to his hype for whichever club he signs for.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I love how people are ignoring his excellent holdup play and the great assist vs City. I think he had a good game considering Dortmunds tactics.
Did he do much else? From the highlights he had one great chance which he missed and wasn't that involved in the rest of the game (assist aside).

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
I love how people are ignoring his excellent holdup play and the great assist vs City. I think he had a good game considering Dortmunds tactics.
He has shown decent hold up play in the past, but not really against City. He's not the kind of player that's going to go deep and demand the ball to make something happen, he's going to try his runs and get on the ends of good passes. It just wasn't the kind of game where he can shine, nothing was getting to him and the few that did he mishandled outside of his one shot on target. There was no excellent hold up play tonight. The assist was nice.

amolbhatia50k

Would suit Livepool better.

I think someone like Aguero or Suarez is a much better type for City. But then again, feck knows how he will develop given how young he is.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
I'm convinced he's City bound either this summer or next, and I still think its an odd fit on the pitch. He's not a Pep CF at all.
I think he’s City bound too and have for a while for a couple of reasons:

1. City know he could be lethal at United or Chelsea and getting him for themselves blunts any chance we have of catching them up.
2. They’re a club with a superficial history. Being able to sign a former player’s son and have him as part of the success story would help their PR team create a narrative of being a family club with talent across the generations.

The only hope is that Pep isn’t keen on shoehorning him into his system and Raiola has already sensed that.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I feel the main problem we have over beating Haaland from City's hands is that possibly Haaland feels that he has learnt all he can from Ole as a coach already.

Then I can imagine him wanting to join City to learn alot/work with Pep even though it should be quite obvious even to him that he may not be needed at all in a City team when they play with no striker to beat his current team right in front of his eyes.

Wilt

Still think Haaland to City, leaving Utd with the enviable task of trying to do a deal with Levy for Kane :lol:

theklr

I feel the main problem we have over beating Haaland from City's hands is that possibly Haaland feels that he has learnt all he can from Ole as a coach already.

Then I can imagine him wanting to join City to learn alot/work with Pep even though it should be quite obvious even to him that he may not be needed at all in a City team when they play with no striker to beat his current team right in front of his eyes.
Good point, but he probably also knows that Pep demands strict discipline and millimeter tactics where everyone need to do exactly how Pep wants to play. While Ole is more about free flowing expressing football where you can decide more for yourself. And I think Haaland definatly thinks of himself as more the free role kind .

UpWithRivers

Dont Pep and Raiola hate eachother? And the fact that City dont ever bow to mega signings. Im not sure its guaranteed he will go to City. Plus Im not really sure he suits City. One thing they do is get the right players that fit his system. I would see Mbappe there first or Kane, but more likely someone like Lautaro Martinez .

OleBoiii

Tifo Football seems to think that City and us are the most likely destinations(if Haaland moves this summer). I like how they make it seem even :p

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Tifo Football seems to think that City and us are the most likely destinations(if Haaland moves this summer). I like how they make it seem even :p

I'm 99% sure within myself we won't be going for him.

1) His transfer fee is stupid 2) Raiola will put us off (rightly) and 3) we have other areas that need fixing as well as the striker position, so we need to be smarter with the money.

We can probably bring in Sancho + Ings for the fee that it costs to bring in Haaland. And Raiola's fee alone would probably fund Milenkovic.

For me this transfer makes very little sense for this window.

OleBoiii

1) His transfer fee is stupid
It is, but should Dortmund fail to get CL football they may be forced to sell him below market value already this summer. Haaland's release clause will be triggered next summer and then he'll leave for 70 million, which is a damn bargain.

Having said that, he will still cost 100 million at the very least, even if Dortmund should fail to get CL football. And then there's also the fact that Haaland is Dortmund's best chance of reclaiming their CL spot. 2 seasons in a row without making the CL could be disastrous for them.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Did he do much else? From the highlights he had one great chance which he missed and wasn't that involved in the rest of the game (assist aside).
"One great chance that he missed" can also be described as: outpacing and outmuscling Dias, who had a clear head start on him. Dias clipped his heal in the fall, and Haaland lost balance, so the goalie could close the angle. Didn't go for a penalty.

theklr

I'm 99% sure within myself we won't be going for him.

1) His transfer fee is stupid 2) Raiola will put us off (rightly) and 3) we have other areas that need fixing as well as the striker position, so we need to be smarter with the money.

We can probably bring in Sancho + Ings for the fee that it costs to bring in Haaland. And Raiola's fee alone would probably fund Milenkovic.

For me this transfer makes very little sense for this window.
I disagree, it might solve our striker issues for at least 5 years. And if he keeps up his form, it would more than offset whatever other issues we have.

amolbhatia50k

"One great chance that he missed" can also be described as: outpacing and outmuscling Dias, who had a clear head start on him. Dias clipped his heal in the fall, and Haaland lost balance, so the goalie could close the angle. Didn't go for a penalty.
Can also be described as a nice run but chance missed at the end of the day. Did well in that move until the finish, and got a decent assist, but I'm sure he'll want to have influenced games like these much more.

11 forwards

Supports
Rosenborg
Can also be described as a nice run but chance missed at the end of the day. Did well in that move until the finish, and got a decent assist, but I'm sure he'll want to have influenced games like these much more.
It was a nice run and he didn't score and he would've liked to. I second your analysis mate.

Last edited:

amolbhatia50k

He signed for City, no source but it's just a feeling.
Does feel like it what with them being without a top number 9 and ready to challenge for everything immediately. I thought Madrid and Bayern would be the other contenders but they have Benzema and Lewandowski respectively.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
Does feel like it what with them being without a top number 9 and ready to challenge for everything immediately. I thought Madrid and Bayern would be the other contenders but they have Benzema and Lewandowski respectively.
Mate, if your girlfriend goes to a fit blokes house, what are the chances she didn't shag him? Zero, now imagine that with Haaland and Pep's house.

This is all the evidence we need

Haaland 50 goals next season for City, quintuple winners, United relegated.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
It is, but should Dortmund fail to get CL football they may be forced to sell him below market value already this summer. Haaland's release clause will be triggered next summer and then he'll leave for 70 million, which is a damn bargain.

Having said that, he will still cost 100 million at the very least, even if Dortmund should fail to get CL football. And then there's also the fact that Haaland is Dortmund's best chance of reclaiming their CL spot. 2 seasons in a row without making the CL could be disastrous for them.
They will sell Sancho before selling Haaland, and I don't see them selling both this window. Unless a stupid offer came in for Haaland they will sell both but I think out of the two, it will be Sancho who will be discounted.
I disagree, it might solve our striker issues for at least 5 years. And if he keeps up his form, it would more than offset whatever other issues we have.
He won't solve it for 5 years, he will more than likely push to move and cause a huge disruption from year 3 onwards. And he won't offset the midfield or CB issues in my opinion, but I agree he will help compensate for not having an out and out winger.
I would only want to see us spend that money on Kane, who likely has 5+ years left to contribute to a single club without disruption.

red thru&thru

City will invest in an attacker, & so will we. I believe we're on the right track to glory and we'll be competing next season for the league...with or without Håland.

amolbhatia50k

I think he’s City bound too and have for a while for a couple of reasons:

1. City know he could be lethal at United or Chelsea and getting him for themselves blunts any chance we have of catching them up.
2. They’re a club with a superficial history. Being able to sign a former player’s son and have him as part of the success story would help their PR team create a narrative of being a family club with talent across the generations.

The only hope is that Pep isn’t keen on shoehorning him into his system and Raiola has already sensed that.
Yeah the two things not going for the City link are that Pep may prefer a different kind of CF and doesn't get on with Riaola.

If those two aren't a problem I can see City getting Haaland next summer and us getting Sancho this summer.

amolbhatia50k

Mate, if your girlfriend goes to a fit blokes house, what are the chances she didn't shag him? Zero, now imagine that with Haaland and Pep's house.

He grew up a City fan didn't he?

I think we will get Sancho which will be excellent anyway.

RkkMan

Can't tell if this is literal or sarcastic

Status
Not open for further replies.