Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
Everyone getting way off topic. Anyway, back to this Halaand dude. Not interested. if we did sign him, his scumbag agent would be trying to unsettle him the moment he walked in the door.
meh then we either get 5 years out of him - probably 150+ goals and hopefully win some stuff

or we get 3 years out of him a hundred goals a huge proffit and hopefully win some stuff

both sound better than having martial up top to me

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
The way he bullied the feck out of Dias was fantastic to see. So unlucky that Dias clipped his heals as he was falling, not intentional, otherwise that was a 100% goal for Haaland.

Would absolutely love him at United. Him with Bruno and Sancho feeding him passes, he'd be banging in the goals :drool:

jackal&hyde

I really don't see this happening. Why would any club spend 50 to 70 mil more to get him now instead of waiting for another year? Unless the price being reported is much lower I don't see it happening. Maybe he has some other clause in case Dortmund don't make the CL?

And if Haaland is worth 150mil now, plus agent fees, how much would Mbappe be given he only has one year left and in January is free to talk to other clubs?

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
The way he bullied the feck out of Dias was fantastic to see. So unlucky that Dias clipped his heals as he was falling, not intentional, otherwise that was a 100% goal for Haaland.

Would absolutely love him at United. Him with Bruno and Sancho feeding him passes, he'd be banging in the goals :drool:
that is a LOT of money though - im not sure anybody has that much money this summer - £250m+ and probably something like £750k wages a week (around another £200m over the contracts) ... chuck in some agent fees and thats half a billion quid ... dread to think how much the glazers would add on as a management fee and take out a loan then charge us for it - probably a £ billion?

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
that is a LOT of money though - im not sure anybody has that much money this summer - £250m+ and probably something like £750k wages a week (around another £200m over the contracts) ... chuck in some agent fees and thats half a billion quid ... dread to think how much the glazers would add on as a management fee and take out a loan then charge us for it - probably a £ billion?
I never said this season. But Sancho now and then get Haaland for his release clause next year. I don't think Haaland would leave Dortmund this season as it will have to be for an insane price, which I don't think any club can afford.

Chelsea might strike a bargain by doing something like Werner + 100mil :nervous:

theklr

I really don't see this happening. Why would any club spend 50 to 70 mil more to get him now instead of waiting for another year? Unless the price being reported is much lower I don't see it happening. Maybe he has some other clause in case Dortmund don't make the CL?
Because if the reports are true that RM and Barca simply cant afford him this year, they will be able next year.

Because if the reports are true that City never want to spend so much on one player, they will be able next year.

And if Dortmund doesnt get CL next year, it might be just a chance Haaland wants to leave now and wait 3-4 years before going there.

Therefore it would make sense for Chelsea or United to at least try, because they know they cant compete at all next year if one of these three go for him.

jackal&hyde

Because if the reports are true that RM and Barca simply cant afford him this year, they will be able next year.

Because if the reports are true that City never want to spend so much on one player, they will be able next year.

And if Dortmund doesnt get CL next year, it might be just a chance Haaland wants to leave .

Therefore it would make sense for Chelsea or United to at least try, because they know they cant compete at all next year if one of these three go for him.
If that is the case, then why would Haaland not wait a year and then go to one of those clubs that can't afford him now? United didn't want to spend more then 80 or 90 whatever it was for Sancho, we will not spend 150mil now with the Covid situation.

theklr

If that is the case, then why would Haaland not wait a year and then go to one of those clubs that can't afford him now? United didn't want to spend more then 80 or 90 whatever it was for Sancho, we will not spend 150mil now with the Covid situation.
Well, he has said many times that he would like to play in England - and if Dortmund doesnt play in CL he might think he can be some years in PL before going to Spain.

Yeah, we most probably wont, but you have to remember that we were willing to spend those 80-90 mill. last year , so at least some of it could have been saved for this summer.

But yeah, I'm grasping at straws here :)

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I'm 99% sure within myself we won't be going for him.

1) His transfer fee is stupid 2) Raiola will put us off (rightly) and 3) we have other areas that need fixing as well as the striker position, so we need to be smarter with the money.

We can probably bring in Sancho + Ings for the fee that it costs to bring in Haaland. And Raiola's fee alone would probably fund Milenkovic.

For me this transfer makes very little sense for this window.
I can't for the life of my understand why the club would bother going for a 10-15 goals striker when we can go all in for the next Lewandowski.

The Ings signing keeps you at status quo, Haaland is the type of player that tips the scale.

The only issue I have is indeed the fee Dortmund will command. I absolutely hate doing business with Dortmund. And Raiola. (I = the club)

Zen86

Everyone getting way off topic. Anyway, back to this Halaand dude. Not interested. if we did sign him, his scumbag agent would be trying to unsettle him the moment he walked in the door.
Yep. Sign him this summer, then next summer Raiola and daddy Haaland are having romantic vacations in Madrid and Barcelona again.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I can't for the life of my understand why the club would bother going for a 10-15 goals striker when we can go all in for the next Lewandowski.

The Ings signing keeps you at status quo, Haaland is the type of player that tips the scale.

The only issue I have is indeed the fee Dortmund will command. I absolutely hate doing business with Dortmund. And Raiola. (I = the club)
First, Haaland will not stay at his next club like Lewa has. Second I never said to buy Ings alone.

Adcuth

First, Haaland will not stay at his next club like Lewa has. Second I never said to buy Ings alone.
I think that all depends on if the club helps him reach his ambitions. If not, he'll seek a club that does

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think that all depends on if the club helps him reach his ambitions. If not, he'll seek a club that does
That's you assuming quite strongly that he wants to achieve titles with one club, and not do a Zlatan. The signals point more to him being hungry to dominate more than one league during his career.

Adcuth

That's you assuming quite strongly that he wants to achieve titles with one club, and not do a Zlatan. The signals point more to him being hungry to dominate more than one league during his career.
Yeah I suppose, guess we'll see how loyal he is depending in where his next move takes him

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
Yeah I suppose, guess we'll see how loyal he is depending in where his next move takes him
I mean he's coming with Raiola so you're nailed on to get a circus after 3 years, if that.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
I think I just find the very idea of anyone but Haaland to be full of sadness, since it's just not going to be the same.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I think I just find the very idea of anyone but Haaland to be full of sadness, since it's just not going to be the same.
Yes it won't be the same as having Haaland, because you're not getting Haaland.

But to suggest the impact won't be as good is hugely presumptuous and debatable.

Adcuth

I mean he's coming with Raiola so you're nailed on to get a circus after 3 years, if that.
I imagine if a player was fully happy though Raiola would be instructed not to act like a dick. Why would a player want to sour a relationship that he's happy in.

VP89

Pogba's biggest fan
I imagine if a player was fully happy though Raiola would be instructed not to act like a dick. Why would a player want to sour a relationship that he's happy in.
Can't think of a top player who is a client of Raiola, where a fuss didn't happen. It's happened with Verrati, with Mkhitaryan after 1 good season, Zlatan has obviously been around, it's happening with Donnarumma again. I reckon you can bet your bottom dollar that it will happen with Haaland.

Players can be unhappy for reasons that the club are justified in, for example if a player is dropped for bad form, he's unhappy, then Raiola can chat shit and cause a storm. It's just not worth it. Or if a player joined, and thought the process was taking longer than they wanted, Raiola can cause a storm. You'd be treading on egg shells for something that really isn't worth it.

Organic Potatoes

Supports
Colorado Rapids
Well, as others have mentioned, perhaps Raviola is trying to see if he can start a bidding war.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Can this kid get any more unlikeable?

1. Son of a former Leeds player who mocked a United legend after getting injured.
2. Calls City stadium beautiful.
3. Supposedly dreamed of winning the league with Leeds.
4. Has Raiola as his agent
5. Has the most punchable face in football currently.
Not really much he can about who his dad is, and how his face looks, quite silly making a comment like this about a 20 year old kid.
City's stadium might be very nice looking for someone who grew up a small place in Norway.
Dad was a Leeds fan, most of the time the son end up supporting the same team....

Can't disagree with the Raiola thing, though... But i guess it's business, and most top players want money, let's just hope clubs have learned, and just say "nope, we don't want to give you anymore money you cat funt" to that shit agent.

Idxomer

Not really much he can about who his dad is, and how his face looks, quite silly making a comment like this about a 20 year old kid.
City's stadium might be very nice looking for someone who grew up a small place in Norway.
Dad was a Leeds fan, most of the time the son end up supporting the same team....

Can't disagree with the Raiola thing, though... But i guess it's business, and most top players want money, let's just hope clubs have learned, and just say "nope, we don't want to give you anymore money you cat funt" to that shit agent.
Was half-joking, I would like to see him at United and hope he doesn't play in England otherwise.

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
I never said this season. But Sancho now and then get Haaland for his release clause next year. I don't think Haaland would leave Dortmund this season as it will have to be for an insane price, which I don't think any club can afford.

Chelsea might strike a bargain by doing something like Werner + 100mil :nervous:
PSG, City and Chelsea are the only teams capable of pulling him off this Summer.

tombombadil

What was your first clue?
Well the first clue was that they were both Norwegian :lol: :houllier: :lol: :houllier:

feck. Is he really? Wasn't that the guy who got wheelchaired for life by Roy Keane? :nervous:
Yeah apparently he is. Not sure how that will impact his desire to play for us. He does have a good relationship with Ole, though, so that might even things out. I hope. :houllier::houllier:

DSG

"Zlatan 2.0"? Not for me.
There’s a reason his price tag is 150m and he receives so much coverage. He’s a much much better prospect than Lukaku was at 20, scoring more goals in better leagues and competitions. Although Lukaku didn’t reach his best form with us, he is a very good player. I don’t think anyone puts him in the class of Lewandowski, Mbappe, Haaland and Kane, and he never has been considered part of that elite group.

‘Watch 10 Dortmund matches, then we can talk. If you still think Haaland is not a generational talent — not that he will fully realize that talent mind you — then I completely understand why you are not a scout for football clubs. The way he laid waste to Ruben Dias in the CL game was just filthy, as Dias is certainly in the running for best CB in the PL this season.

Raven

There’s a reason his price tag is 150m and he receives so much coverage. He’s a much much better prospect than Lukaku was at 20, scoring more goals in better leagues and competitions. Although Lukaku didn’t reach his best form with us, he is a very good player. I don’t think anyone puts him in the class of Lewandowski, Mbappe, Haaland and Kane, and he never has been considered part of that elite group.

‘Watch 10 Dortmund matches, then we can talk. If you still think Haaland is not a generational talent — not that he will fully realize that talent mind you — then I completely understand why you are not a scout for football clubs. The way he laid waste to Ruben Dias in the CL game was just filthy, as Dias is certainly in the running for best CB in the PL this season.
I said he's not Zlatan 2.0... nowhere near the technical ability or flair, that's an easy thing to pick up on. Whether he's a generational talent or not is another question, I haven't said one way or the other, I just don't particularly like his style.

Offsideagain

Despite City making a paper loss of £126m, Haaland will be there next season or the season after. Guardiola says they ‘only have £100m’ to spend which the clubs opening gambit with the loathsome agent to counter his much publicised visits to Barca and Real who are both broke and everybody knows it. All Raiola is concerned about is his commission, reported to be £17m. It wouldn’t be a shock if the Sheik bunged him that to keep it off the books. Forget about Haaland and let’s find a right winger and a world class centre back.

Walrus

Oppressed White Male
Ive been in the Haaland camp all year so far, but honestly if the club decided they couldnt be arsed dealing with Raiola on this one, I would respect that decision at this point.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain

The real reason why Haaland never came to United, interviews.

RoyH1

Despite City making a paper loss of £126m, Haaland will be there next season or the season after. Guardiola says they ‘only have £100m’ to spend which the clubs opening gambit with the loathsome agent to counter his much publicised visits to Barca and Real who are both broke and everybody knows it. All Raiola is concerned about is his commission, reported to be £17m. It wouldn’t be a shock if the Sheik bunged him that to keep it off the books. Forget about Haaland and let’s find a right winger and a world class centre back.
But Real is not broke?! Why does everyone keep repeating that as gospel? Have they filed for bankruptcy?

dinostar77

Graham Hunter on Transfer Window Podcast said Laporta is utterly obsessed with bringing Haaland to Barcelona. Trying to re-jig the finances (find new revenue streams) and make the deal financially possible without borrowing more money to add to Barcelona's €700mil debt.

Neymar wants to return to Barcelona this summer, however Laporta wants Haaland as his priority signing over Neymar.

NFM

But Real is not broke?! Why does everyone keep repeating that as gospel? Have they filed for bankruptcy?
Yes, I don't remember the Spanish Government filing for bankrupcy, and they are ultimately Real's 'owners and backers'.

RoyH1

Yes, I don't remember the Spanish Government filing for bankrupcy, and they are ultimately Real's 'owners and backers'.
No, they're not. Stop regurgitating that fallacy. Real Madrid is owned by its members the case about illegal government support was disproven in a European court.

theklr

While that is just too far, very many sports journalist do think and hint they have some shadow financing somewhere to conjure extra money if they really needed to.

GatoLoco

Supports
Real Madrid

And if Dortmund doesnt get CL next year, it might be just a chance Haaland wants to leave now and wait 3-4 years before going there.

There is not such thing as reports being true or not as a whole. There are many kinds of reports, with a part of them contradicting each other. If someone speaks about reports agreeing with each other in this case, it's likely they are resorting to some sort of confirmation bias.

On the top of that, for a report to be more or less accurate it would need to fulfill the following conditions (among others):

a) Having contact with primary sources.

b) That these primary sources say the truth or at least a relevant part of them do.

c) Making the effort to read financial accounts and interpret them correctly.

d) Based on c), being aware of which the limiting factors are for each club.

e) Being able to forecast a set of movements in the market which can easily reach the amount of several dozens.

Status
Not open for further replies.