Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
So long as that sh*tbag (to quote fergie) agent of his is still his agent you bet they will want some sort of clause or control over his future. Wasn’t this supposed to be the reason we couldn’t sign him back when he went to Dortmund instead? Great player but nightmare agent and we should have learned our lesson by now.
If the fee this summer is north of £120m, then the new release clause will likely be closer to or higher than £200m so from a Chelsea perspective I'd agree to it. The only risk being we could lose him quicker than we would ideally want, Someone could trigger the clause within 24 months, but in that scenario we'd still be making a huge profit and enjoyed 2 very fruitful years out of Haaland.

b82REZ

He rejected us because OGS was facing the sack and he felt that only Ole wanted him, not the club. Situation is different now, both from a sporting and managerial perspective.

He rejected us because we couldn't guarantee the minutes he wanted and he wanted a release clause.

mitchmouse

loves to hate United.
It isn't illegal. It is always done. Sometimes the club get permission to speak to the player, other times they don't.

The potential selling club may get annoyed, which is all it is.
so why did SAF get rid of Jaap Stam after the player accused him of it in his book?

Alfie092

You guys think if he stayed another summer, then next season when his 65m~ release clause becomes active he would be interested in coming to United?

We would definitely be in for him, as this season will most likely be Cavani's last and if we do well and show we can compete, Haaland would definitely be open to a move. Here at United he has Ole who he knows well and Sancho who he knows well from Dortmund and is of a similar age and from the videos I've seen of them both together, they seem to get on.

The main sticking point for me would be Raiola... if we can somehow overcome that hurdle and get Haaland, the team we are building is looking from promising and exciting!

UncleBob

I actually think there’s a good chance he moves this summer now that Sancho isn’t there to support him.

His stock is very high right now, if he has a poor season, Raiola and his Dad aren’t going to get the same commission they hope for and Dortmund are stuck with a fixed fee.

There’s a good chance Haaland’s output will suffer without the assist machine alongside him. We’ve already seen Haaland’s Dad’s “feck” tweet when the news was announced. It was obviously in jest but it was borne from a truth and that will be a consideration for all parties.
What? He could score 200 goals between now and his transfer next summer, doesn't mean that anyone is going to pay above the fixed fee that has already been established for his release and from which Raiola gets a cunk from.

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
What? He could score 200 goals between now and his transfer next summer, doesn't mean that anyone is going to pay above the fixed fee that has already been established for his release and from which Raiola gets a cunk from.
If he has a poor or at least average season, the odds of which are increased with Sancho leaving, his stock won’t be as high as it is now which could see the salary offers on the table for him lower than what they are now and less clubs knocking on Raiola’s door offering the earth if he can persuade him to move to them.

This really isn’t outside the realms of possibility… what he’s shown so far is incredible and he might well continue on that path but every player has a bad patch at some point and it could impact how desperate clubs are to sign him and what they are willing to offer him, his dad and his agent in return for choosing them. Any agreement that is in place for him is irrelevant if he’s still hot property as you can bet they will be demanding more on top if there is a bidding war.

It makes perfect sense that Haaland and other stakeholders might look at Chelsea’s offer and decide the timing is right and it would be a risk to stay at Dortmund one more season without his main source of assists along side him.

UncleBob

If he has a poor or at least average season, the odds of which are increased with Sancho leaving, his stock won’t be as high as it is now which could see the salary offers on the table for him lower than what they are now and less clubs knocking on Raiola’s door offering the earth if he can persuade him to move to them.

This really isn’t outside the realms of possibility… what he’s shown so far is incredible and he might well continue on that path but every player has a bad patch at some point and it could impact how desperate clubs are to sign him and what they are willing to offer him, his dad and his agent in return for choosing them. Any agreement that is in place for him is irrelevant if he’s still hot property as you can bet they will be demanding more on top if there is a bidding war.

It makes perfect sense that Haaland and other stakeholders might look at Chelsea’s offer and decide the timing is right and it would be a risk to stay at Dortmund one more season without his main source of assists along side him.
There's already a contract that stipulates a fixed fee that Haaland can leave Dortmund for in the summer of 2022. The cut that Raiola gets, and whoever else involved, is already set in stone. If he doesn't leave for a fixed fee, and decides to stay one more season, fees for whoever involved is either fixed or %, depending on what they've agreed, or even a combination where a very high fee results in a % of the differences. Calling it irrelevant depending on form, seems a bit obscure, as it's not something that will change.

The only variations will be the contract that Haaland gets at his next destination, any clauses and how much Raiola will potentially make from the next move and/or contract extensions. Which is where clubs will get creative. Given the potential of the player, the season he's had, a dip in form over one season isn't likely to make a big difference in terms of wages at his next destination. Not to mention the fact that saving a shit ton of money on a transfer fee can go towards a better package for Haaland&Co, which Raiola is well aware of.

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Yeah he'll leave next summer for his release clause fee and you can be gauranteed that both his agent and potentially the player/his dad will be getting a hefty signing on fee. Didn't Raiola also make a shitload of money from the Pogba signing to us? IIRC, Juve paid him quite a big commission.

UncleBob

What I wrote is what his camp told Norwegian media. There was nothing about them wanting a release clause.
They said, as far as i'm aware, nothing about fears about Ole getting the sack, or that it was only Ole that wanted the player at the club.They said that it was the players decision, and it was a sporting decision

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
I actually think there’s a good chance he moves this summer now that Sancho isn’t there to support him.

His stock is very high right now, if he has a poor season, Raiola and his Dad aren’t going to get the same commission they hope for and Dortmund are stuck with a fixed fee.

There’s a good chance Haaland’s output will suffer without the assist machine alongside him. We’ve already seen Haaland’s Dad’s “feck” tweet when the news was announced. It was obviously in jest but it was borne from a truth and that will be a consideration for all parties.
He would get 100s of assists at Chelsea, like Timo did.. Only Timo messed them all up ☹

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Raiola wants 40M? So it's only between Chelsea and PSG then.
It was quoted before the window opened that Raiola wants €40M and Alfie gets €20M on top of the transfer fee. Crazy numbers on top of a crazy transfer fee.

Flytan

This will probably be even sketchier than the neymar to barca transfer. I remember all. The leaks that they paid neymar dad an insane amount of money and that neymar had weird things added into his contract

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
This will probably be even sketchier than the neymar to barca transfer. I remember all. The leaks that they paid neymar dad an insane amount of money and that neymar had weird things added into his contract
It is just a job offer. Unless Chelsea needs to cook the book for FFP. An club that is interested in Haaland's service need to meet BVB and the player's demand, and then the agent fee. I highly doubt if Haaland want to join Man Utd, Raviola can block the move. He works for his client.

choccy77

I know there are many many issues with Signing Haaland, but if I was United, i'd find a way to try and get him this summer, I really don't see us getting him next season, he will be too affordable to other big clubs.

He is young and the money spent will come back to the club ten fold in merchandising and commercial deals without affecting FFP.

Time for Glazers to show up

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Hookers and a scouting job and 40 million for his dad, something like that. A sisters birthday release clause? Those kinds of things? The hookers/job/money I think are public knowledge after the football leaks. I’d say it’s a real shark tank at the level when you’re in a bidding war. We don’t seem to ever go in for deals like that.

dinostar77

I know there are many many issues with Signing Haaland, but if I was United, i'd find a way to try and get him this summer, I really don't see us getting him next season, he will be too affordable to other big clubs.

He is young and the money spent will come back to the club ten fold in merchandising and commercial deals without affecting FFP.

Time for Glazers to show up
Chelsea agreed the financial package with Haaland and his reps a few weeks back. Its the usual issue of trying to agree a fee with dortmund and getting dortmund to agree to sell. That will probably drag on all summer. Then you have to try to get riaola to agree not to have a minimum fee release clause in the contract.

Smart by Chelsea to try to go for him this summer knowing they have a free run at him. Spainish and italian giants have no money. PSG have other priorities. Bayern like Utd will wait for next summer to see if they can get him at release clause fee. That only leaves City who dont seem to be too interested and want Kane instead.

So definitely worth Chelsea trying. They might not pull it off but you can understand why they would try.

UncleBob

Chelsea agreed the financial package with Haaland and his reps a few weeks back. Its the usual issue of trying to agree a fee with dortmund and getting dortmund to agree to sell. That will probably drag on all summer. Then you have to try to get riaola to agree not to have a minimum fee release clause in the contract.

Smart by Chelsea to try to go for him this summer knowing they have a free run at him. Spainish and italian giants have no money. PSG have other priorities. Bayern like Utd will wait for next summer to see if they can get him at release clause fee. That only leaves City who dont seem to be too interested and want Kane instead.

So definitely worth Chelsea trying. They might not pull it off but you can understand why they would try.
:lol: :lol:

SinNombre

There will be no Haaland transfer this summer.
I agree with the Bundesliga defense league this time.

€175m to BVB
€40m to Raiola
€20m to papa Haaland
€30m/wages to Haaland over 5 years

(€385m over 5 seasons, at the end of which they would try to move to Spain)

Yeah, good luck with that after 2 Covid seasons !

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Never understood this. Can't the son just pay his Dad ? How much money do these people want for god sake :lol: If my son goes on to earn £200,000 a week I'd die a happy man.

DiMaria

He rejected us because we couldn't guarantee the minutes he wanted and he wanted a release clause.
I think it had to do more with the release clause. A player of his caliber and with Ole who managed him before as our manager, I don’t think playing time would have been an issue. But I think ultimately his agent wanted an easy exit door to avoid another pogba situation (and to make more money sooner) and the the club wasn’t having it. Also his dad is a city legend do you guys really think United would be his top choice? The only reason we had a slim chance is because Ole is the same manager that gave him his first shot at molde. In an ideal world I would love for him to play for us because he’s really something else, but I just don’t see it happening.

Idxomer

I think it had to do more with the release clause. A player of his caliber and with Ole who managed him before as our manager, I don’t think playing time would have been an issue. But I think ultimately his agent wanted an easy exit door to avoid another pogba situation (and to make more money sooner) and the the club wasn’t having it. Also his dad is a city legend do you guys really think United would be his top choice? The only reason we had a slim chance is because Ole is the same manager that gave him his first shot at molde. In an ideal world I would love for him to play for us because he’s really something else, but I just don’t see it happening.
Good one :lol:

Nero

Alfie Haaland the City legend. 38 league games over 3 years at the club.

KennyBurner

Hearing sick and very disturbing news that he is going to chessy??? He needs to be patient and wait one more season for us.

DiMaria

Alfie Haaland the City legend. 38 league games over 3 years at the club.
:lol::lol: Maybe legend is not the right word. Icon or ex player. He was made famous by the Roy keane tackle but at the end of the day he is an ex city player with no love lost for United. Would he want his son to play for United of all clubs? Highly unlikely

Last edited:

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The Haalands and Raiola will make more money waiting until next year, there's no way they force it through this summer IMO.

Abramovich is obviously pushing as he knows he's got money to burn and more chance of sealing the deal NOW, but I don't think he'll be desperate to join them.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We will be involved, next season.

Almost certain we will go for one of Kane, Haaland or Lewa (the latter being another Cavani-esque 2-3 year option).
His agent is about to play a role in our record signing walk away for free. I think the club have had enough of him.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
The Haalands and Raiola will make more money waiting until next year, there's no way they force it through this summer IMO.

Abramovich is obviously pushing as he knows he's got money to burn and more chance of sealing the deal NOW, but I don't think he'll be desperate to join them.
Chelsea might be willing to pay them whatever they want. Even next year, I cant see anyone paying more than 40m to the agent.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Chelsea might be willing to pay them whatever they want. Even next year, I cant see anyone paying more than 40m to the agent.
Well with the transfer fee being around 70m next year, that's a lot of money saved that will probably end in the agent + players hands anyway.

Lets be honest whoever signs him is going to pay a LOT

Widow

You'd think he ws the second coming going off some of the comments on here.

For that kind of money I'd want a player that gets bums off seat...Messi/Ronaldo.

Sure he's good but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Also, he comes with plenty of drama and a cnut of a agent that in a few years time will be looking to move him on again.

Status
Not open for further replies.