Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP

What a horrible fecking week.
Mino Raiola will be smelling that Qatar CASH right now. He'll be 100% telling Haaland to go.

People saying he wouldn't go to such a weak league are tricking themselves. In the same month we've seen Ronaldo openly twerk for City you have to realise, for most players, football is a job. PSG will give Haaland, Haaland Sr and Raiola the money they want. He won't have to be asked twice to move.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
Mino Raiola will be smelling that Qatar CASH right now. He'll be 100% telling Haaland to go.

People saying he wouldn't go to such a weak league are tricking themselves. In the same month we've seen Ronaldo openly twerk for City you have to realise, for most players, football is a job. PSG will give Haaland, Haaland Sr and Raiola the money they want. He won't have to be asked twice to move.
I think Real Madrid is his ideal destination out of everyone. But to think he'd turn down PSG is silly. Raiola and PSG have a great relationship and PSG will potentially be flush with around 180m euros. They'll chuck whatever is needed at Raiola, they always do.

It's probably a bit late in the day, but you could see a scenario where they just throw all the money at Dortmund. There was talk it'd take around 150m for them to consider, so 180m could be considered too haha.... It's a poor league yes, but to play with Messi, Neymar and Di Maria while earning ridiculous wages? Appeals to a lot of people

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
I think Real Madrid is his ideal destination out of everyone. But to think he'd turn down PSG is silly. Raiola and PSG have a great relationship and PSG will potentially be flush with around 180m euros. They'll chuck whatever is needed at Raiola, they always do.

It's probably a bit late in the day, but you could see a scenario where they just throw all the money at Dortmund. There was talk it'd take around 150m for them to consider, so 180m could be considered too haha.... It's a poor league yes, but to play with Messi, Neymar and Di Maria while earning ridiculous wages? Appeals to a lot of people
Yeah and Haaland's young. Even if he signs a six year contract he'll be able to go to Madrid later in his career. The idea that you can't force your way out has just been disproved by Mbappe. So why not go to Paris on humungous money and do Spain sometime down the line?

If PSG throws the sink at Dortmund Haaland's going to Paris.

United in sin

Absolutely no way he goes to that dog shit league,

This is the thing with PSG and they know it, for as much glitz and glamour they like to swoon around with they can never regardless of the money they have change the domestic league they play in, which is not respected in Europe, sure you will get the odd cash hungry young gun go to PSG aka Neymar but serious footballers who actually give a rip about the football part are not going in there prime to play in France,

Mbappe knows it thats why he's desperate to get away, Haaland for sure knows the real competitions is in England or Spain
Have you seen PSG's squad? They just signed Donnarumma at 22 and he's obviously one of the best goalies around. Hakimi is 22 as well, very highly rated. The likes of Veratti and Marquinhos are in their prime and not leaving anywhere soon, they have Kimpembe, Draxler, Kehrer, etc. This is the topsy turvy world of football we're talking about

NewYorkRed

We need to get him, but with mbappe leaving, that didn’t look likely as PSG will get him this year or next. Greenwood doesnt fancy himself as a 9 so not sure where that leaves us.

United in sin

We need to get him, but with mbappe leaving, that didn’t look likely as PSG will get him this year or next. Greenwood doesnt fancy himself as a 9 so not sure where that leaves us.
This is what Greenwood said when asked about his best position:

"I always wanted to be a striker but I’ve also been a winger in the youth team and in the academy.

"I would like to play up front eventually, once I’m older and fill out a bit more, get a bit bigger and stronger because the centre-halves are always big and strong at the back.

"It’s a place I want to play, I do want to play centre-forward eventually, but I’m happy on the right and it’s a good position to work from really."

IMO if he's going to be a CF we might as well play him as such and allow him to hone his skills there. He was compared to Van Persie when he broke through and I think CF is where we need him the most considering his knack for scoring/brilliant finishing.

bosskeano

his release clause doesn't kick in until january so no chance Dortmund sells him this late in the window

RoyH1

I don’t think Haaland or his family would fancy PSG, but Raiola would love all that Qatari cash.

Kyonn

Think CR7's return kills any chance of getting Haaland. Guessing the plan is 2 season's of Ronaldo then transition to Greenwood.

cotumely

Supports
Chelsea
Think CR7's return kills any chance of getting Haaland. Guessing the plan is 2 season's of Ronaldo then transition to Greenwood.
Greenwood might decide to leave during these 2 seasons if he doesn’t get game time.

Skåre Willoch

I still think getting Ronaldo improves our chances of landing Haaland next year. Unless he moves to PSG this window, that is.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Greenwood might decide to leave during these 2 seasons if he doesn’t get game time.
Contract until 2025. He has time on his side. 2 years of playing with the GOAT should be seen as an opportunity.

It's not like Mbappe where he dreams to play for any other club anyways.

Last edited:

bosskeano

I think getting Ronaldo will clearly help us with Haaland because Haaland wants to win and knows he'll be the #9 at United for 10 years

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I don't think so.

LW- Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo
ST- Ronaldo, Haaland, Greenwood
RW- Greenwood, Sancho, Amad

3 right footed forwards
3 left footed forwards

Jake

Mine's too big and gay.
Greenwood will be getting plenty of game time, I don’t think we have to worry about that. He won’t be leaving united.

I think he will be very excited to train and play with Ronaldo.

Kyonn

I don't think so.

LW- Rashford, Sancho, Ronaldo
ST- Ronaldo, Haaland, Greenwood
RW- Greenwood, Sancho, Amad

3 right footed forwards
3 left footed forwards
Haaland's not going to move to United to be a backup.

Pep's Suit

Sounds like Raiola wants it to happen. Even if Dortmund says no this summer I think next year it's between PSG and Real. He can go to France, spend four years there, play with Messi, win trophies and score breaks records in CL and then move to Real/Barca just like Mbappe. It makes sense.

Member 101269

Will Haaland want to play football with Sancho, Bruno, Rashford, Pogba, Varane, Shaw, DDG and Ronaldo.

That is so taste..

RedRover

He may end up there, but he'd be mad to move this year when he can go next year at a much lower fee that sees him (and his agent) pocket bucket loads more cash.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
Serious question, do you think the Glazers will pay both CR7 and Haaland mega wages? I do not think Chelsea will ever come close to paying what Haaland wants.

Skåre Willoch

Serious question, do you think the Glazers will pay both CR7 and Haaland mega wages? I do not think Chelsea will ever come close to paying what Haaland wants.
Yes. The stock exchange got them so hard, they'll still be dizzy this time next year.

Valencia Shin Crosses

CR7 is reportedly on half of what he was making at Juve. Still a ton, but it's not the astronomical number it was. And as a club we've drastically refined our wage structure compared to what it was 5 years ago.

ufb

I can't imagine United will smash our wage structure, even for a player like Haaland. Transfer and agent fees plus his wages will put him out of reach I suspect.
There's also a good chance that he'll leave for free after his contract.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
CR7 is here for 2 years, Haaland can be here for 10.

We're 100% going to try for Haaland next year. The important bit is do we have the right project, salaries won't be a problem. Raiolas agent comission definitely could be however.

From a marketing perspective having players like this in the team is an absolute dream, its incredibly valuable.

lysglimt

Scout
Will Haaland want to play football with Sancho, Bruno, Rashford, Pogba, Varane, Shaw, DDG and Ronaldo.

That is so taste..
Maria Thorisdatter (who probably knows Haaland quite well as they grew up just 20 km apart) - just tweeted : God Helg (nice weekend) - @Erling Haaland you next ? With a big heart :)

There is no chance Haaland isn't tempted by this now - OGS, Bruno, Pogba, Ronaldo, Rashford, Sancho :)

Devil may care

I think unless Ole has some weird 4-5-2 plan that isn't apparent then signing Ronaldo will rule out buying Haaland.

Widow

Watching him tonight and he looks a better striker than anyone in the world right now.

His winning mentality is amazing. Pure drive to win every ball and score every shot.

His goal looks easy but the work he put in firstly for the cross then he doesn't hang around to see what happens he moves to a scoring position just in case and bang, great finish!

He is a top player and it's exciting to see how the next 10 years of his career will pan out. Pound to a penny that City will be in for him next year, especially after their failure this summer.

The Irish Connection

Watching him tonight and he looks a better sticker than anyone in the world right now.

His winning mentality is amazing. Pure drive to win every ball and score every shot.

His goal looks easy but the work he put in firstly for the cross then he doesn't hang around to see what happens he moves to a scoring position just in case and bang, great finish!

He is a top player and it's exciting to see how the next 10 years of his career will pan out. Pound to a penny that City will be in for him next year, especially after their failure this summer.
Brilliant goal he just scored. Ronaldo or not, we have to still try for him!

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I don't think we get him now. 2 years of Ronaldo teaching Greenwood and Rashford, another year of Cavani as well, and then when they leave Rashford, Greenwood, Sancho are the main 3 with Amad being part of the depth too.

Status
Not open for further replies.