Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skåre Willoch

Many many reports that say yes that is his release clause, but Raiola wants about 40 million in agents fees and they're asking for astronomical wages. Wages that would make him the highest paid player in the prem. Based on the way Kane is playing and how he quite obviously wants out, I'd say Spurs would now snap their hand off for 100 mill next summer.
I’m sure his brother/agent won’t demand a penny, and that Kane will be happy with a relatively modest salary.

macheda14

I’m sure his brother/agent won’t demand a penny, and that Kane will be happy with a relatively modest salary.
Not to the extent that Raiola will go for. Kane is up shits creek without a paddle, he quite obviously wants out so his leverage is fecked.

bosskeano

Madrid could end up getting both Haaland and Mbappe next summer.....would be a massive transformation for that club which, much like barcelona, is dying a slow death.

redpatron

Madrid could end up getting both Haaland and Mbappe next summer.....would be a massive transformation for that club which, much like barcelona, is dying a slow death.
People need to stop with this, Haaland and Mbappe do not like each other. Neither of these egomaniacs will want to be in the other players shadow's, there's zero chance they join together.

Powderfinger

Supports
Arsenal
People need to stop with this, Haaland and Mbappe do not like each other. Neither of these egomaniacs will want to be in the other players shadow's, there's zero chance they join together.
Is there evidence for this claim? Honest question, I have never heard that before.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
I think that is a hope not a fact, I can't recall those two ever coming across each other to build up a feud, can you?
Yes, dortmund played PSG in the CL.

Haaland had social media beef with PSG as they took the piss out of his celebration.

Anyway, i'm sure he doesn't personally hate Mbappe any more than the other PSG players.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Yes, dortmund played PSG in the CL.

Haaland had social media beef with PSG as they took the piss out of his celebration.

Anyway, i'm sure he doesn't personally hate Mbappe any more than the other PSG players.
As Mbappe seems to hate PSG and wants to leave that should unite the two more than divide them.

Offsideagain

Andy Cole and Teddy Sherringham hated the sight of each other but they didn’t do so badly did they? Anyhow, Haaland is going to Real Madrid next season, he’ll sign the papers in January.

Matriac

Andy Cole and Teddy Sherringham hated the sight of each other but they didn’t do so badly did they? Anyhow, Haaland is going to Real Madrid next season, he’ll sign the papers in January.
He can't sign anything in January since his buyout clause doesn't become active before the summer. And in general he can't sign anything before a purchase is triggered. (Players on contracts running out in the summer can sign a pre-contract in January, but that isn't the case here.)

Besides, I don't think he will want to go to Real Madrid. Especially not in their current state. (Spanish league is not the same dream destination for kids growing up in Norway compared to further down the continent.) He seems more likely to make the PL his next destination, and he/his family has expressed his desire to play there as well. But at the end of the day it depends which club makes the best financial offer, that can also offer regular CL and a shot at trophies.

UTD_Since_1978

He can't sign anything in January since his buyout clause doesn't become active before the summer. And in general he can't sign anything before a purchase is triggered. (Players on contracts running out in the summer can sign a pre-contract in January, but that isn't the case here.)

Besides, I don't think he will want to go to Real Madrid. Especially not in their current state. (Spanish league is not the same dream destination for kids growing up in Norway compared to further down the continent.) He seems more likely to make the PL his next destination, and he/his family has expressed his desire to play there as well. But at the end of the day it depends which club makes the best financial offer, that can also offer regular CL and a shot at trophies.
You are making it look like he is a dead cert for City next summer, is that where your money would be if you had to bet on which club Haaland starts the 22/23 season? :(

Matriac

You are making it look like he is a dead cert for City next summer, is that where your money would be if you had to bet on which club Haaland starts the 22/23 season? :(
I personally believe that he will come to us if we have a decent season and show that we can compete. Even if we don't win any trophies he might want to be the final piece of the puzzle.

I have also posted about this quite a bit in the past if you feel like trusting my opinions a bit more, like below here:

His father has publicly stated that anything about his playing career will not impact the career of his son, including name-checking saying that his spat with Keane would not be a hindrance towards Erling joining United if it makes sense career-wise.

Not to forget that they brought Haaland to Molde because they thought Ole was the best manager available for Erling to work under (at least at that stage of his development). Ole was there when he was breaking into notoriety and helped him with his mindset when he was struggling for goals initially. He generally has a good relationship with Ole both on his own and through his family (who played with Ole). And then it's kinda the factor that Norwegians don't very often get international fame, so whenever they do we cling to them, Ole being the most famous footballer for us from before and now the most famous manager. The prospect of our current most famous footballer (with a much higher skill ceiling than Ole had, but still has to deliver trophies etc through his career to become a bigger legend than Ole) joining up with our most famous manager in a club of United stature would further elevate both of them in Norway. And I know many will say that doesn't matter, but it kinda does to Norwegians, so while I don't by any stretch suggest that factor alone will make up his mind, I do think it will be on his mind as a factor that weighs favorably if the offers from all the clubs are similar.

I do think we can offer him comparable salary to other clubs, and being associated with the brand of United will help his personal brand grow internationally more to people who aren't as hardcore football fans as well.
And maybe I'm naive, but I think we are very close to being regular contenders for all the trophies again, and I also do think Haaland is the kind of person who feels motivated by being the final puzzle piece that really elevates the club back to former heights.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
I personally believe that he will come to us if we have a decent season and show that we can compete. Even if we don't win any trophies he might want to be the final piece of the puzzle.
If you were him and also not a Man Utd fan, will you pick Man Utd over City? assume the financial package is the same. Pep worked with Lewandowski in Bayern so I don't believe Pep doesn't know how to use a striker like Haaland. I don't mention Real Madrid only because I believe most money and marketing attention are in EPL now.

Currently Man City has Jesus. Man Utd has Ronaldo, Cavani, Martial, Greenwood and Rashford as forward this season.

For myself after watched how Man City pressed Chelsea last weekend to make chelsea had zero shot on target and couldn't pass the ball out from the back, and completely dominated PSG even lose the game, i would want to work with Pep.

Last edited:

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
It's always going to be extortionate wages. Probably the reason that a 'low' buyout clause was inserted into his contract.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
I don't see Haaland ever joining Real Madrid due to Benzema's excellence in 4th straight season. And he shows no signs of decline.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I don't see Haaland ever joining Real Madrid due to Benzema's excellence in 4th straight season. And he shows no signs of decline.
I reckon Real would happily sell a what-will-be 34 year old Benzema to get Haaland.

ti vu

I reckon Real would happily sell a what-will-be 34 year old Benzema to get Haaland.
I don't think they would consider to sell Benzema. Haaland is great and may as well replace the goals, even improve the goal if you want. However, Benzema is the only leader left in that dressing room. Selling him would destabilize the whole team, especially when he's still performing at world class level. A stable hierarch of leaders in the dressing room is a vital part in team building.

Bubz27

I don't think they would consider to sell Benzema. Haaland is great and may as well replace the goals, even improve the goal if you want. However, Benzema is the only leader left in that dressing room. Selling him would destabilize the whole team, especially when he's still performing at world class level. A stable hierarch of leaders in the dressing room is a vital part in team building.
To be fair, yeah they won't sell him but he's old enough to rotate/phase out etc with Haaland.

ti vu

To be fair, yeah they won't sell him but he's old enough to rotate/phase out etc with Haaland.
I am not disagreeing that RM is never out of the picture when it comes to signing big name player even when they don't need to (James is an example). I just think with the state of their squad right now, Benzema would see out his contract, even retire at RM.

Last edited:

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Benzema (even at his age) is nowhere bad enough to rotate/phase out etc. He's still a world class plyer & isn't declining.

Cristiano or Lewandowski wouldn't be rotated/phased out either if Haaland joined Man Utd or Bayern.

I am not disagreeing that RM is never out of the picture when it comes to signing big name player even when they don't need to (James is an example). I just think with the state of their squad right now, Benzema would see out his contract, even retire at RM.
Benzema will certainly renew his contract beyond 2023 if he still performs at his current level.

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
Benzema (even at his age) is nowhere bad enough to rotate/phase out etc. He's still a world class plyer & isn't declining.
Benzema has proved for years that he works well in a supporting role (at that time for Ronaldo). I don't see why it should not be possible to field Haaland and Benzema together, in a 4231 formation Mbappe could also fit together with them, when Benzema drops to the No 10 position. I guess he could interprete that similar to Bruno at United, who also plays mostly as a second striker.

Bubz27

Cristiano or Lewandowski wouldn't be rotated/phased out either if Haaland joined Man Utd or Bayern.

Benzema will certainly renew his contract beyond 2023 if he still performs at his current level.
Basically, a 34 year old Benzema isn't going to stop Real going for Haaland. However they do it, whatever they do. A player in the twilight of his career doesn't stop you signing one who could be the best in the world very soon.

Biggins

I think he is Man City bound. They desperately need a striker, they have all the money in the world and can guarantee trophies. They will also pay his extortionate wages with most of the money routed through offshore companies while again lying to the world that he is only on 300k per week or something like this... annoying

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I think he is Man City bound. They desperately need a striker, they have all the money in the world and can guarantee trophies. They will also pay his extortionate wages with most of the money routed through offshore companies while again lying to the world that he is only on 300k per week or something like this... annoying
I could see them offering dortmund 100m in the winter - surely they would have to be tempted given that they know they loose him for whatever his buy out is a few months later.

As you say they need a striker

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
I could see them offering dortmund 100m in the winter - surely they would have to be tempted given that they know they loose him for whatever his buy out is a few months later.

As you say they ned a striker
Can't imagine him wanting to miss out on the CL knockout stages.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I know it's highly unlikely - but what happens if a player who is being payed 1 million a week ends up flopping?

That's 4 million a month. My lord. Imagine a career like Phil Jones afterwards.

RkkMan

possibly - but most things in life have a price ...
It makes no sense for Haaland to limit his options in January when he knows there will be a scramble for him in the summer. Bidding war means higher wages, higher commissions and higher agent fees. It would take a spectacularly immoral level of financial outlay for City to get him in January that will convince Haaland to push back a decision by 6 months.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
It makes no sense for Haaland to limit his options in January when he knows there will be a scramble for him in the summer. Bidding war means higher wages, higher commissions and higher agent fees. It would take a spectacularly immoral level of financial outlay for City to get him in January that will convince Haaland to push back a decision by 6 months.
as I say - I can see it as a possibility

stefan92

Supports
Hannover 96
I guess it could be possible if Dortmund fail to stay in the CL. Then he would not play in the CL anyway, so he might be open for a winter transfer, especially if he could win a league title this season.

Similar to the situation when it looked like Dortmund would not qualify for CL this spring and Raiola and Alf-Inge Haaland went on their road trip to see if a transfer would be possible.

As soon as it was clear Dortmund would reach the CL that rumour was deal.

troylocker

Haaland won't sign anything before all offers are on the table next summer. 100% he will not make a move in January with just one offer on the table. He will go to the club that offers him the best deal economically, most appealing sports project and possible legend status.
PSG is not there on point 2 and 3, while Real, City and us should be front runners when the clause kicks in and the contract bidding war starts. He will move to Spain or England, anything else would be a step backwords in his career.

RkkMan

You're looking at something well over £600k a week mid season even for City that would be a risky investment that also raises question marks within the football industry when they're still under investigation for FFP
If even Chelsea didn't do it don't expect City to mid season
Summer different story

troylocker

I guess it could be possible if Dortmund fail to stay in the CL. Then he would not play in the CL anyway, so he might be open for a winter transfer, especially if he could win a league title this season.

Similar to the situation when it looked like Dortmund would not qualify for CL this spring and Raiola and Alf-Inge Haaland went on their road trip to see if a transfer would be possible.

As soon as it was clear Dortmund would reach the CL that rumour was deal.
There is no way Dortmund doesn't get out of that group now, so it really isn't going to be relevant what could have happened if they don't.

Drygon

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Basically, a 34 year old Benzema isn't going to stop Real going for Haaland. However they do it, whatever they do. A player in the twilight of his career doesn't stop you signing one who could be the best in the world very soon.
Benzema is 33 years old, he's at the same age as Lewandowski (best striker itw) & only 1 year younger than Messi.

As good as Haaland is, they don't need him when they still have Benzema in his prime who shows 0 signs of decline.

Benzema has proved for years that he works well in a supporting role (at that time for Ronaldo). I don't see why it should not be possible to field Haaland and Benzema together, in a 4231 formation Mbappe could also fit together with them, when Benzema drops to the No 10 position. I guess he could interprete that similar to Bruno at United, who also plays mostly as a second striker.
Prime Cristiano & Haaland are 2 completely different players, it's like comparing apple & orange.

I'm sure Ancelotti won't get rid of his 3-man midfield to accommodate his 3-man midfield. Casemiro, Kroos, Valverde & even a 36-year-old Modric are way too good as bench warmers. Never mind that Camavinga is an excellent young talent.

Last edited:

Bubz27

Benzema is 33 years old, he's at the same age as Lewandowski (best striker itw) & only 1 year younger than Messi.

As good as Haaland is, they don't need him when they still have Benzema in his prime who shows 0 signs of decline.

Prime Cristiano & Haaland are 2 completely different players, it's like comparing apple & orange.

I'm sure Ancelotti won't get rid of his 3-man midfield to accommodate his 3-man midfield. Casemiro, Kroos, Valverde & even a 36-year-old Modric are way too good as bench warmers. Never mind that Camavinga is an excellent young talent.
He'll be 34 whenever they could sign Haaland. And Real don't always sign players they need.

Status
Not open for further replies.