Erling Haaland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magz

Another 2 goals today. His stats this season are insane. 12 games, 18 goals, 4 assists (all competitions, incl NT games).

dweb

Our record with BD players ain't good. We'll turn him into a normal player.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Wants £30m a year according to ESPN.. Let other clubs have him, don't want him at Chelsea destabilising the dressing room on near double anyone else!

Last edited:

redrobed

Wants 30m a year. Think that’d make him probably one of the better earners even at City/Chelsea/Liverpool. Rules him out for us while we still have the Glazers in charge though.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir

Erling Haaland will command wages of at least £30 million ($41m)-a-year if he leaves Borussia Dortmund for a new club next summer, sources have told ESPN, with Manchester United, Manchester City, Chelsea and Real Madrid all in the race to sign the Norway forward.

Haaland, 21, can reportedly leave Dortmund at the end of this season if a club triggers his €75m ($87m) release clause at Signal Iduna Park. Sources have told ESPN the fee will be inflated by a significant payment to Haaland's representatives for brokering a deal.

barros

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Where liberty dwells, there is my country
Not sure if he will perform the same in other country/league, risky business specially knowing who’s the agent the club will have to deal with. Normally Bayern gets all the best players from Dortmund and I never saw any interest from them.

432JuanMata

Not sure if he will perform the same in other country/league, risky business specially knowing who’s the agent the club will have to deal with. Normally Bayern gets all the best players from Dortmund and I never saw any interest from them.
He’s the perfect replacement for Lewandowski but unfortunately for Bayern it’s too soon. His record in Germany is the same as his record in the CL.
People always are wary of signing players from Dortmund but this guy is a generational talent and will do it anywhere.

21 goals in 19 CL games
12 in 15 for Norway.
100 goals in his last 95 games.
149 goals in his career at 21

InfiniteBoredom

I don't really follow wages. Is that sarcasm or is it fair value?

Who is a current player that gets that?
Bale and Griezmann are/were both on similar money, Ronaldo. Neymar probably higher and Messi is definitely higher.

Fair value in this insanely inflated market, but still a very risky investment. 150m in wages alone, 70m for Dortmund, then you add on Raiola's cut and who knows what sort of bonuses they would demand, probably close to 300 millions all told in a 5 year contract.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Bale and Griezmann are/were both on similar money, Ronaldo. Neymar probably higher and Messi is definitely higher.

Fair value in this insanely inflated market, but still a very risky investment. 150m in wages alone, 70m for Dortmund, then you add on Raiola's cut and who knows what sort of bonuses they would demand, probably close to 300 millions all told in a 5 year contract.
And he may not extend his contract and looking for a move at some point.

RooneyLegend

How much does Raiola want? 600k a week makes sense for a Ballon d or level player who's only 21 years old.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
Apparently out for a few weeks with a hip injury.

B. Munich

Supports
Bayern Munich

Totally insane figures. Ronaldo and Messi are both generational talents and surely didn't get these wages at 21 years.
I'm watching the Bundesliga and to be honest Haaland is an excellent forward bird nowhere near Messi or Ronaldo. I wouldn't swap Lewandowski for him either, even he is 33 years.
Any club that gets Haaland on these wages will totally ruin his salary structure. Barcelona and Messi should be a warning for all clubs. Except of course the oil clubs which can pay Haaland from petty cash.

Tom Cato

Godt nyttår!
Apparently out for a few weeks with a hip injury.
He's become a bit injury prone, this is his 4th or 5th injury sidelining in a year.

Of course he is now unavailable for Norways last 2 matches, one of which is against Netherlands.

Byebye World Cup.

lloyd2wayne

How much does Raiola want? 600k a week makes sense for a Ballon d or level player who's only 21 years old.
600k a week makes sense for a 21 year old who has accomplished nothing yet in his career? Ronaldo isn’t even on that much.

Multiple champions league winners, World Cup winners, multiple league winners are not even on 600k or ever have they been on that kind of money.
Then where do you go from there for contract extensions? 800k, 1M?

RooneyLegend

600k a week makes sense for a 21 year old who has accomplished nothing yet in his career? Ronaldo isn’t even on that much.

Multiple champions league winners, World Cup winners, multiple league winners are not even on 600k or ever have they been on that kind of money.
Then where do you go from there for contract extensions? 800k, 1M?
Ronaldo is old hence he isn't on that much. Not so long ago he was on much more than that and rightfully so. He hasn't been on teams capable of winning all of that, that's basic common sense.

Those players who've won all that and aren't on that type of money just aren't good enough to be on that money or they have bad agents. Mbappe will be on similar money after his move and rightfully so. He's one of the best players in the world and regardless of age will be paid as such.

lloyd2wayne

Ronaldo is old hence he isn't on that much. Not so long ago he was on much more than that and rightfully so. He hasn't been on teams capable of winning all of that, that's basic common sense.

Those players who've won all that and aren't on that type of money just aren't good enough to be on that money or they have bad agents. Mbappe will be on similar money after his move and rightfully so. He's one of the best players in the world and regardless of age will be paid as such.
Ronaldo is still producing similar if not better numbers than Haaland and he’s 36 and has won all. He’s old to be paid but yet you want us to pay a 21 year old 600k just because you think he’s good. Old Ronaldo got us the winner few days ago, young Haalands team got trashed 4-0.

Yes he hasn’t been at teams that can win things doesn’t mean he will win things when he joins a big team. Who knows, he could be paid 600k and will flop, we don’t know that. Your justifications for paying a 21 one year old 600k when that kind of money is barely paid out to top players doesn’t make sense.

Mpabbe will be a free transfer so that wage makes sense and even that I doubt he will be paid 600k a week, but I can bet you if there’s a transfer free no way he gets paid 600k. Haaland is a future ballon for contender for sure, world class but that justify 600k a week YET!

BlueHaze

If this guy works hard enough and stays humble and doesn't let all the hype and fame get to him he'll become better than both Zlatan and Lewandowski. The guy is so young and already a complete striker. He's suited for England and whatever team he goes to will be consistent title challengers. These are the type of players we should do anything to get. Sadly he has trash can of an agent.

EtH

I’m watching the Ajax-Dortmund match and he has looked pretty ordinary aside from a couple of lively moments. Nothing special really and Ajax haven’t half been ropey at times.

He’s obviously still a special talent but the sort of money being talked about is mad.

RooneyLegend

Ronaldo is still producing similar if not better numbers than Haaland and he’s 36 and has won all. He’s old to be paid but yet you want us to pay a 21 year old 600k just because you think he’s good. Old Ronaldo got us the winner few days ago, young Haalands team got trashed 4-0.

Yes he hasn’t been at teams that can win things doesn’t mean he will win things when he joins a big team. Who knows, he could be paid 600k and will flop, we don’t know that. Your justifications for paying a 21 one year old 600k when that kind of money is barely paid out to top players doesn’t make sense.

Mpabbe will be a free transfer so that wage makes sense and even that I doubt he will be paid 600k a week, but I can bet you if there’s a transfer free no way he gets paid 600k. Haaland is a future ballon for contender for sure, world class but that justify 600k a week YET!
Maybe you've been living under a rock and don't know what this kid has done so far in his career so I'll give you a pass. Ronaldo isn't producing his numbers and even he, at his age still gets paid a lot of money. I don't think he's good, i know he's good, haven't you watched him at all? he literally was the CL's top scorer just last season. How did you miss all of that? Old Ronaldo's team also got trashed on the weekend in case you don't know, i mean, no team wins all its matches and that's just a reflection on how good his team is. Of course he maybe wont win things, that's cause teams win things and not individuals. If he joins us for example, who the hell knows when we'll get things right?

Players of his level don't fail. This isn't a project, this is one of the best players in the world and as i said he should be paid as such regardless of how old he is.

lloyd2wayne

Maybe you've been living under a rock and don't know what this kid has done so far in his career so I'll give you a pass. Ronaldo isn't producing his numbers and even he, at his age still gets paid a lot of money. I don't think he's good, i know he's good, haven't you watched him at all? he literally was the CL's top scorer just last season. How did you miss all of that? Old Ronaldo's team also got trashed on the weekend in case you don't know, i mean, no team wins all its matches and that's just a reflection on how good his team is. Of course he maybe wont win things, that's cause teams win things and not individuals. If he joins us for example, who the hell knows when we'll get things right?

Players of his level don't fail. This isn't a project, this is one of the best players in the world and as i said he should be paid as such regardless of how old he is.
So pay any obscene amount for a kid because he’s a generational talent? How many generational talents have actually gone on to be “generational talent”?

Of course I know he’s great and will do well for sure like I mentioned above he’s a ballon dor contender so how did you come to the conclusion I don’t rate him?

I’m just against paying crazy wages. Atleast let him prove himself in a United shirt before we offer him 1M a week

InfiniteBoredom

So pay any obscene amount for a kid because he’s a generational talent? How many generational talents have actually gone on to be “generational talent”?

Of course I know he’s great and will do well for sure like I mentioned above he’s a ballon dor contender so how did you come to the conclusion I don’t rate him?

I’m just against paying crazy wages. Atleast let him prove himself in a United shirt before we offer him 1M a week
He’s been producing like a generational talent for the last 3 years.

He will be around the same age when he next moved as Ronaldo when he moved to Madrid. He’s not a ‘kid’, he’s one of the best center forwards in the world and would command a transfer fee and wage befitting that stature.

The money seems crazy, yes, but everything has gone a bit haywire in football for a while. Plus, if you compare the fee and wage in terms of % of turnover, it’s nothing extraordinary. Rio’s 28m fee back then was about 20% of our turnover for the financial year.

RedRonaldo

Wishes to be oppressed.
Haaland is definitely going to be very good, but I am just a bit unsure about paying that much for someone who is having great numbers from teams like Dortmund and league like BL. Werner got 34 goals in his last season at BL (Harland best season was 40), whereas Sancho got great numbers in Dortmund too. Look how bad they are in PL now, not even half as good as they were back in BL. Of course Haaland maybe totally different animal, especially with his amazing CL stats, but that’s what I heard they say about Sancho too, you know. Just a little unsure paying that huge money on him, who might not be staying for very long anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.